Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

The in-story excuse is that Zeke's cockpit apparently gets so hot that it has to be flooded with coolant, so presumably she didn't want to ruin her clothes.

No, the water is used as a shock absorber, so she doesn't get pulverized from zeke stomping around, firing jump jets, and getting hit by rockets every six seconds. Since Zeke was originally supposed to be run by an AI, coolant is probably the one thing it's already got down pat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vic posted:

If your mind immediately jumps to jerking off when you see a polygon butt, the game's not your main problem and you probably shouldn't visit beaches until you get this sorted out.

Again, what

The thing dragging MGSV down is no butt wiggle sound cue from MGS for female soldiers.

whoosh

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RareAcumen posted:

c: Valve does balance passes for TF2 like twice a year so if poo poo gets changed that's basically it for the weapon. Now two of my favorite guns are completely to almost totally useless.

RIP prepatch Soda Popper. You made Crit A Cola redundant and wrecked motherfuckers.

RIP prepatch Tide Turner. You were so beautifully broken.

Simple solution to posts complaining about peoples' complaints in the thread: don't respond. It's white noise, your rhetoric will not win over hearts and minds, and everyone's tired of seeing the same dumb things quoted and replied to ad nauseum.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mildly Amusing posted:

enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU98NsI6JV4

(minor spoilers for an optional cutscene)

Thanks! Out of curiosity, does this mod also replace Ocelot with Quiet?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

SpookyLizard posted:

No, the water is used as a shock absorber, so she doesn't get pulverized from zeke stomping around, firing jump jets, and getting hit by rockets every six seconds. Since Zeke was originally supposed to be run by an AI, coolant is probably the one thing it's already got down pat.

Water is incompressable and would probably rupture all her organs in short order if it underwent any major shocks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Please stop getting really mad at people posting things they don't like about a game in the thread for posting things you don't like about games.

It's all fun and games until it's something they personally love.

RareAcumen posted:

It's amazing how people can be here, in the place specifically devoted to complaining about things you don't like in video games, and still be on a high horse about people pointing out some things they don't like in games.

It's because of the dreaded "sexism" getting involved. You don't need to be Malcolm X to have a problem with blackface performers, you don't need to be an SJW boogeyman to say "hey the way they're objectifying that lady character is excessive and kind-of gross."

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Water is incompressable and would probably rupture all her organs in short order if it underwent any major shocks.

You tell that to the giant stompy robot because that's how it's explained in Peacewalker and TPP. Huey even mentions thinking about using it in MGSV's own giant stompy robot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

RIP prepatch Soda Popper. You made Crit A Cola redundant and wrecked motherfuckers.

RIP prepatch Tide Turner. You were so beautifully broken.

I became a fan of the terribly broken Loch-n-Load and Baby Face's Blaster. Now they've gone and hosed with the Demoman's damage output as if that nerf wasn't enough. Now the most damage you can do with any pipebomb is 100.

mind the walrus posted:

It's all fun and games until it's something they personally love.

It's because of the dreaded "sexism" getting involved. You don't need to be Malcolm X to have a problem with blackface performers, you don't need to be an SJW boogeyman to say "hey the way they're objectifying that lady character is excessive and kind-of gross."

quote:

snake, we have created a mesh codpiece that is fully breathable and doesn’t compromise your modesty

“sounds good, you should make clothes out of that mesh for quiet too”

we do not have the technology

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Sep 30, 2015

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't like that Arkham Knight is broken and it is impossible for me to finish it without starting from scratch and gambling that the same gamebreaking glitch doesn't happen again. 75 loving dollars :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I understand why Destiny removed re-rolling weapons, everyone just rolled for the same perks cause they where the best for any given weapon, but it kinda sucks to have to wait an entire week to get a gun from the gunsmith and the perks are kinda bad for its type, I mean hipfire for a scout rifle? When the gently caress am I gonna use that, scouts are strictly long/mid range.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Alteisen posted:

I understand why Destiny removed re-rolling weapons, everyone just rolled for the same perks cause they where the best for any given weapon, but it kinda sucks to have to wait an entire week to get a gun from the gunsmith and the perks are kinda bad for its type, I mean hipfire for a scout rifle? When the gently caress am I gonna use that, scouts are strictly long/mid range.

Everything is a point blank weapon. Every. Thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Biplane posted:

I don't like that Arkham Knight is broken and it is impossible for me to finish it without starting from scratch and gambling that the same gamebreaking glitch doesn't happen again. 75 loving dollars :argh:

Continuing on Arkham Knight

Gordon, what happened to you? :(

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Well, Arkham Asylum made a lot of money, and Jim put it all up his nose.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

RareAcumen posted:

I became a fan of the terribly broken Loch-n-Load and Baby Face's Blaster. Now they've gone and hosed with the Demoman's damage output as if that nerf wasn't enough. Now the most damage you can do with any pipebomb is 100.

Wait there is a lady who breathes through her skin and that's why she has to be naked? What was that splashing around in the goddamn rain horseshit scene that ocelot mod did? Wouldn't she drown?

And one of the dlc alternate costumes for her is to paint her up? She breathes through her skin like the lady in goldfinger who died when her skin was painted up, and one of the alternate costumes is to paint her skin up?

e: Also lmao: goldfinger. Sean connery saying "caberet dancers leave a small patch of skin to breathe through but this sick bastard completely painted her in gold paint!" as explanation for why he woke up next to a dead hooker. Like people back in the 60s knew you could kill someone by putting a pillow over their face right? It's okay for ancient egyptians to think the brain was useless filler not even worth its own canopic jar on the trip to the afterlife but people in the 1960s generally knew we breathed through our mouthes/noses right? That scene just baffles me. Why didn't she go shower after goldfinger left. Why didn't bond wake up while all these men were holding her down and painting her until she died? Why not break her neck and paint the corpse I mean it's the same exact message.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Sep 30, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Krinkle posted:

Wait there is a lady who breathes through her skin and that's why she has to be naked? What was that splashing around in the goddamn rain horseshit scene that ocelot mod did? Wouldn't she drown?

And one of the dlc alternate costumes for her is to paint her up? She breathes through her skin like the lady in goldfinger who died when her skin was painted up, and one of the alternate costumes is to paint her skin up?

That's the surface level reading for why she's naked. She drinks water through her skin too so she's ok for small bursts like that, but she'd drown if she went swimming. Her alt costumes aren't DLC, they're in the game and it's just a silly costume, it doesn't really mean anything. You can unlock a Solid Snake skin in MGSV for Big Boss, does that mean Big Boss is really Solid Snake? There's a Raiden and a Gray Fox skin too, is Big Boss Raiden or Frank Jaeger?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

that's a positive change for me, Brick Shithouse Gordon freaks me the gently caress out in Asylum

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

That's the surface level reading for why she's naked. She drinks water through her skin too so she's ok for small bursts like that, but she'd drown if she went swimming. Her alt costumes aren't DLC, they're in the game and it's just a silly costume, it doesn't really mean anything. You can unlock a Solid Snake skin in MGSV for Big Boss, does that mean Big Boss is really Solid Snake? There's a Raiden and a Gray Fox skin too, is Big Boss Raiden or Frank Jaeger?

You could also unlock a Grey Fox skin in Rising as well, is Raiden actually Grey Fox?! And in MGS4 you could get an Otacon facecamo for Snake, is he a muscular beefcake the whole time?!

Alaois posted:

that's a positive change for me, Brick Shithouse Gordon freaks me the gently caress out in Asylum

I don't know why but this really made me laugh. Not laughing at you but this was just really funny for some reason.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Alaois posted:

I haven't even played a bat man game and buff Hugo Strange bothers me.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Dead Rising 2 does a great job making survivors fairly competent and autonomous compared to DR1, to the point where you can trivialize almost any boss battle by having a few survivors equipped with machine guns backing you up, but due to console memory limitations the game will never spawn more than 8 in the game world at a time so you can unknowingly miss out on a good number of side quests if you have a gang of survivors in tow. For example, if you have 5 people following you then a group of four people you can rescue simply won't spawn at all until you drop someone off at the safe room to bring the number back down below 8.

I can get limiting you to 8 followers for balance reasons but on PC where memory isn't an issue it would be nice if they would at least appear and then refuse to join so you know where to find them later.

Krinkle posted:

Also why wasn't The End in MGS3 running around naked when he too was powered by photosynthesis thanks to nanomachines parasites?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Alaois posted:

Yeah the top one looked way dumber to me honestly.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Krinkle posted:

Goddamn look at all these words!

Kojima is usually pretty good with using pseudoscience to explain the fantastic poo poo in his games, but when titties are involved he will go to great lengths to justify their presence.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I haven't even played a bat man game and buff Hugo Strange bothers me.

I remember reading something about how everyone is absurdly ripped as a result of how the developers modeled everything in the Unreal Engine. Something about how the game is set up around the physique of the generic thugs you'll be seeing on a regular basis, so other important characters like Gordon and Strange end up looking like body builders as well.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I remember reading something about how everyone is absurdly ripped as a result of how the developers modeled everything in the Unreal Engine. Something about how the game is set up around the physique of the generic thugs you'll be seeing on a regular basis, so other important characters like Gordon and Strange end up looking like body builders as well.

To be fair that's exactly how they look in the comics most of the time too. Even in Batman TAS Hugo Strange had shoulders like a linebacker.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hugo Strange had specifically dedicated his life to be like Batman so it's not out of the question for him to be buff

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Also why wasn't The End in MGS3 running around naked when he too was powered by photosynthesis thanks to nanomachines parasites?
Relatively minor Quiet spoiler: Quiet's lungs are permafucked because she got torched in the hospital, so The End had more fashion options

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Calaveron posted:

Hugo Strange had specifically dedicated his life to be like Batman so it's not out of the question for him to be buff

Also I mean, the women and Joker are not buff so it's not an engine thing just the art direction they went with.

What he probably confused it with was the fact that unreal engine 3 stuff tends to look like its covered in a translucent slime which unless you adjust the default settings for the lighting, it tends to do that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Grey Fox posted:

Relatively minor Quiet spoiler: Quiet's lungs are permafucked because she got torched in the hospital, so The End had more fashion options

Also the fact that you get the same skills from his camo implies it's the camo that does the photosynthesizing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Calaveron posted:

Also the fact that you get the same skills from his camo implies it's the camo that does the photosynthesizing.

The Sorrow's camo lets you drain people's stamina. I don't think clothes are actually magic.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nuebot posted:

The Sorrow's camo lets you drain people's stamina. I think clothes are actually magic.

Fixed that for you.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

RareAcumen posted:

Alaois posted:

Hah, it reminds me of how in Dragonball Z all of the male characters would simultaneously fluctuate in muscle mass depending on the plot. The climaxes of arcs would always be PEAK BULK, but in the comedy moments everyone would suddenly lose their gains.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mycot posted:

Hah, it reminds me of how in Dragonball Z all of the male characters would simultaneously fluctuate in muscle mass depending on the plot. The climaxes of arcs would always be PEAK BULK, but in the comedy moments everyone would suddenly lose their gains.

Uh what do you think all that screaming was for. Bulking up through screaming is a long and arduous process.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

So I'm playing all the metal gears for the first time. Currently on 3, it's been great so far. Except shooting any big gun like the ak47 seems impossible. I have no idea how the aiming works with the 360 controller. I've been using pistols for the most part because I can actually aim and shoot with them. Google seems to show that I have to lightly press the attack button but I'm 99% sure that feature is gone with a 360 controller. When out of ammo for pistols I have to use thermal goggles to aim with rifles since the goggles give you a handy crosshair.

Anybody know wtf I'm doing wrong? I had the same issue in 2 but I never actually needed to use the rifles in that one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xinlum posted:

Anybody know wtf I'm doing wrong? I had the same issue in 2 but I never actually needed to use the rifles in that one.

Remember the basics of CQC.
EDIT: Quick thing I've suddenly realized about MGSV. Transferring over your ground zeroes save doesn't transfer over any of the tapes or anything from that game, which I would have thought would have been a no brainer. So sadly no Here's To You as far as I can tell. Which is a shame because I like that song.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Oct 1, 2015

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Xinlum posted:

So I'm playing all the metal gears for the first time. Currently on 3, it's been great so far. Except shooting any big gun like the ak47 seems impossible. I have no idea how the aiming works with the 360 controller. I've been using pistols for the most part because I can actually aim and shoot with them. Google seems to show that I have to lightly press the attack button but I'm 99% sure that feature is gone with a 360 controller. When out of ammo for pistols I have to use thermal goggles to aim with rifles since the goggles give you a handy crosshair.

I don't have first-hand knowledge to back this up, but I heard that L3 acts as a modifier to do what used to be pressure-sensitive buttons.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Inspector Gesicht posted:

She says she's 16 and she's later revealed to be in her mid 20's. No, it doesn't make it any better.

I loving hate this dodge.

"No she's totally 25 despite her character design clearly placing her at about 14, she even says so herself, why does everyone think I'm a weirdo?"

"She's totally 300 years old, she was just turned into a vampire at age ten, that makes it legal- she's older than the guy, even!"

"She's a god, dude, she pre-existed the universe, she just chooses to look about six years old, that's her choice and not mine!"

"She's been cursed into the body of a child, she's still got the mind of a 25-year old, so it's fine!"

"Of course all the succubi in my world look about 12, that's because they're trying to tempt men into sin, where are you going?"

You wrote her, rear end in a top hat. Everything that happens to her, every trait she has, every piece of appearance that you choose to point out, is your loving fault.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somfin posted:

"No she's totally 25 despite her character design clearly placing her at about 14, she even says so herself, why does everyone think I'm a weirdo?"

"She's totally 300 years old, she was just turned into a vampire at age ten, that makes it legal- she's older than the guy, even!"

"She's a god, dude, she pre-existed the universe, she just chooses to look about six years old, that's her choice and not mine!"

"She's been cursed into the body of a child, she's still got the mind of a 25-year old, so it's fine!"

"Of course all the succubi in my world look about 12, that's because they're trying to tempt men into sin, where are you going?"

You wrote her, rear end in a top hat. Everything that happens to her, every trait she has, every piece of appearance that you choose to point out, is your loving fault.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Xinlum posted:

There should be something in the control layout screen labelled as 'gun safety' or something. Since the 360 controller doesn't have pressure-sensitive face buttons like the PS2&3 controllers they had to take that function and put it on another button.

Also there is an iron sights button in MGS3.

EDIT: Iron sights are either L3 or R3 (or what ever the stick buttons are called on Xbox)

Veotax has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Oct 1, 2015

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Somfin posted:

This all stems from the fact that Japan has super hosed up views about women and age. They place a high value on youth, which is why 90% of animes are about high school kids, and even more than in the west, a woman's attractiveness is based on how young she looks. Or acts. It's a thing where grown women talk like toddlers to attract men. And a woman is considered 'too old' at 25.

None of which directly relates to the above, I know, but I'm just trying to emphasize that Japan thinks that the younger the better, and when your entire country is an echo chamber for two hundred years, you start taking things in bad directions.

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 14:34 on Oct 1, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

PubicMice posted:

This all stems from the fact that Japan has super hosed up views about women and age. They place a high value on youth, which is why 90% of animes are about high school kids, and even more than in the west, a woman's attractiveness is based on how young she looks. Or acts. It's a thing where grown women talk like toddlers to attract men. And a woman is considered 'too old' at 25.

None of which directly relates to the above, I know, but I'm just trying to emphasize that Japan thinks that the younger the better, and when your entire country is an echo chamber for two hundred years, you start taking things in bad directions.

It's not just japan. literally everything in your post applies to pretty much everywhere else in the world. People are kind of hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I Am Legend except the main character is (still) a goon and the vampires all look like Aatrek and make sexy kids dance outside the gooncave to tempt him