Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

XYLOPAGUS posted:

First guy on the list for the 701 at the husqy dealer in Austin! Weeeeee!

Any word on the price yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

JB50 posted:

Any word on the price yet?

> "Put me on the list. NO I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS."

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
No idea what it costs.

I assume you people can ride in February.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

XYLOPAGUS posted:

No idea what it costs.

I assume you people can ride in February.

Not unless its one of those ice racing motorcycles. MN in Feb is a brutal place to be.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

JB50 posted:

Not unless its one of those ice racing motorcycles. MN in Feb is a brutal place to be.

It'll be about 45 out on a really cold day here. Xylo will be fine :v:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Akion posted:

detective said the bike was well and proper hosed (spraypainted, numbers filed off, etc...)

This makes me real upset. Your sumo was perfect in every way, and there is no reason to ruin it so badly. It's not enough that they took something so nice that didn't belong to them, but they had to sully it in the most ignorant way possible. I hope they get curb stomped forever.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

JB50 posted:

You do know which bike he's talking about, right? Everybody should be fine riding it in February (just get the dealer to give you ice tires for being an early adopter):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuQZu7ODi4

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Koruthaiolos posted:

You do know which bike he's talking about, right? Everybody should be fine riding it in February (just get the dealer to give you ice tires for being an early adopter):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuQZu7ODi4

Oh ya forgot about that video. Youd probably get run over by a snowmobile though.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What's the out-the-door price on that 701?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lemme see some maintenance intervals

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Akion posted:

What's the out-the-door price on that 701?

Im guessing 15k+

Any other guesses?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

Any other guesses?

leg, testicle of your choice, and first 3" of your dong.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

leg, testicle of your choice, and first 3" of your dong.

Make it the middle 3" and we got a deal!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

JB50 posted:

Make it the middle 3" and we got a deal!

Ah, the thin part. Smart.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

8999 MSRP, + 2k markup I'm going to guess.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The (KTM) Enduro R is about 10,5 in the States.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
My guess is 11 ish out the door.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

XYLOPAGUS posted:

My guess is 11 ish out the door.

This is the correct answer, it'll be 10500 or 11500

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
That's clearly not right. You haven't budgeted in lawyer fees to fight the reckless driving citations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
Only time I got pulled over on the xr400 tard was the day I bought it for the stupidly loud fmf titanium slip on. Cop threatened to impound the bike due to no insurance and suggested that next time I test ride, I just go get on I10 rather than ride around his little town.

I ride like an old man on the streets.

Well, like an old man who occasionally wants to go "fast". I'll be alright on the hooligan machine.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Lemme see some maintenance intervals

Ctrl C / Ctrl V duke 690 intervals.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Are there any good articles or videos on supermoto riding technique? I feel like it's taking me awhile to adjust to riding one after riding a sport bike for so long and having no experience with dirt bikes. I'm not really sure what the proper riding positioning is or if I should be leaning in to turns or just pushing the bike down.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Partial Octopus posted:

Are there any good articles or videos on supermoto riding technique? I feel like it's taking me awhile to adjust to riding one after riding a sport bike for so long and having no experience with dirt bikes. I'm not really sure what the proper riding positioning is or if I should be leaning in to turns or just pushing the bike down.

If you in California I suggest you check out SoCal Supermoto School. $230 - their bikes, their photos, instructor is cool as poo poo, etc.
Get up on the front of the bike, push the bike down, foot out front by the radiator guard. You can definitely feel the difference between being up on the front vs out back.

Yes, I was in the same boat as you when I took that school. loving total opposite of how I've always ridden but it was definitely fun.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Unfortunately I live in PA so that's not really an option.

BlackMK4 posted:

Get up on the front of the bike, push the bike down, foot out front by the radiator guard. You can definitely feel the difference between being up on the front vs out back.

Should I still be leaning with the bike or should I be riding kind of crossed up?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ontop of the fucker.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 5, 2015

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Looks like I need to get some motocross boots.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
fuckyeahgifs

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Would you use the same type of position for long sweeping turns or just for the tight stuff? Also that gif is loving rad.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

BlackMK4 posted:

If you in California I suggest you check out SoCal Supermoto School. $230 - their bikes, their photos, instructor is cool as poo poo, etc.

Yes, I was in the same boat as you when I took that school. loving total opposite of how I've always ridden but it was definitely fun.

Wondering about this myself. I live in the Chicago area, but I've thought about flying out to California in the spring to do this. Is it worth making a weekend out of (and the ~$1000 total cost with hotels and poo poo all said and done)?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I thought it was really loving cool - but I did it on a Monday so it cost $200 instead of $230 and there were only 5 other students - all of whom had roadracing experience in the past and there was no one else using the track all day. I probably wouldn't spent $1k on it... but as I say that I am considering flying and renting a Ninja 250/300 at Laguna Seca later this year and it comes out pretty close to $1k after flight, rental, trackday, etc. All comes down to priorities, I guess. But definitely try and go when there will be minimal other students.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
Funny this topic came up, I've considered flying out to CA for the supermoto school. Call it a vacation and have fun. I wonder if anybody rents drz's or ktms out there so I could ride around for 3 or 4 days afterward. Would be loving awesome! Wouldn't be feasible to ship my bike but all SMs ride relatively the same...

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Ontop of the fucker.

I've seen this leg position, sticking it straight forward, or dragging the foot along the tarmac. Do you know what's up with that? I took a dirt riding class once and they said to just stick your leg straight forward, but you often see supermoto ridings dragging foot.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

High Protein posted:

I've seen this leg position, sticking it straight forward, or dragging the foot along the tarmac. Do you know what's up with that? I took a dirt riding class once and they said to just stick your leg straight forward, but you often see supermoto ridings dragging foot.

On dirt you can very easily catch you foot on something and bust your poo poo up bad, the terrain is very varied.

On supermoto, it's pavement, put your leg wherever you have enough clearance and feels fine. There really is no hard and fast rule. You can ride SM style or Superbike style (hang off, knee dragging) all day every day and have a great time. As you spend time on a SM track you'll find that hanging off is loving exhausting and really doesn't feel necessary, and riding SM style will develop naturally because its what feels right.

On public roads you'll probably never corner hard enough for it to matter unless your railing tiny round abouts or setup cones in a parking lot

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I tend to drag knee on a sumo, old habits die hard.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

I tend to drag knee on a sumo, old habits die hard.

Yep

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sometimes I drag a knee:

Sometimes I drag an elbow too:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

PFFT, drag bar:

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Spiffness posted:

PFFT, drag bar:

I think that's called "crashing" :confused:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

epalm posted:

I think that's called "crashing" :confused:

Video has super lame editing but.... skip to about 1:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvN8BZ6FIaU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ride a supermoto however you want, it will be fine. If there is one bike you really don't have to worry about body position on, it's a supermoto

• Locked thread