Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Also, :siren: POST YOUR CURRENT LOAD OUT! :siren:

I'm a poor who spent all his money on a detector and suit upgrades. The G36 is going to Nimble.

Bonus points to whoever can figure out where I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
thats been addressed, by unpacking your database files, editing the traders, and dropping the result into gamedata, I did the editing with notepad++ so it just zipped through a find & replace in all the trade files.
if you guys want I can do a couple of versions, a 50% damaged & an 80% damaged folder to just drop into your main CoC install. dunno where to host, I guess dropbox?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sure, Dropbox or Mediafire should work great. I'd definitely appreciate a 50% version, thanks!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Sure, Dropbox or Mediafire should work great. I'd definitely appreciate a 50% version, thanks!

+1 this. Would basically fix one of my two criticisms. The other is either the rarity (maybe they're there and I haven't found any) or lack of guides in the zone. I do get that in a freeplay mod it's supposed to be about traveling and exploring but drat, sometimes I just don't want to go through the bar to get back to the Merc base.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkhbfyeq13ws9c8/AACwe011NZOXpT-xn16KgA0da?dl=0 see if this works, 50 is obv 50%, 80 is up to 80% damaged, so with 2-3 bars left.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qk4xtk4tnsroaj1/COC.7z same for mediafire.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 1, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Missing Name posted:

Looks like you bugged under the stadium in Pripyat

edit: also is there a way to VASTLY increase NPC spawns? The world's a bit cold and empty as it is.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

staberind posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkhbfyeq13ws9c8/AACwe011NZOXpT-xn16KgA0da?dl=0 see if this works, 50 is obv 50%, 80 is up to 80% damaged, so with 2-3 bars left.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qk4xtk4tnsroaj1/COC.7z same for mediafire.

Can confirm 50% works, thanks!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Minarchist posted:

Looks like you bugged under the stadium in Pripyat

Noooooope

Anyone run across an FN2000 yet?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Missing Name posted:

Anyone run across an FN2000 yet?

No, but I did sell a PKM from a zombie in Yantar!

Edit: So for the first toolkit you give a repair guy, you can just use one you buy from a merchant. Where are the advanced toolkits found at?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Instructions for the CoC database tool: open the archive and drop the contents into your gamedata folder, hit "converter.bat" then look in "Unpacked", edit as you like, then, keeping the file/folder structure intact, drop the edits into your gamedata folder. they will override the .db files.

Dvsilverwing posted:

No, but I did sell a PKM from a zombie in Yantar!

Edit: So for the first toolkit you give a repair guy, you can just use one you buy from a merchant. Where are the advanced toolkits found at?

Maybe go visit duty? I think i saw one held by their leader. he may sell it.

Trip report : Very nice, made it to the bar, picked up a vintorez on the way, repairs are a good money sink, I really hope the clear sky exo has the traditional carry weight bonus.
Kicked a tushkano, great, then its 3 buddies smited me.
Glad the cats don't magically make me fatigued.
Free roaming is a pleasure as well, was able to go straight to the bar, bandits are assholes as usual,
personally, I'd like to replace early maps with the lost alpha ones, but that would be impossible & obviously flush compatibility down the drain, not to mention piss off the L.A. guys.
being able to knife, punch and kick my way through the zone would also be amazing.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 2, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

staberind posted:

Maybe go visit duty? I think i saw one held by their leader. he may sell it.

Well I'm a Merc so apparently they're hostile to me. Also, if he was located in the Bar, him along with all of his underlings are uh, well... rotting away, at this point.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Missing Name posted:

I'm a poor who spent all his money on a detector and suit upgrades. The G36 is going to Nimble.

Is that Rostok/Wild territory?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Minarchist posted:

edit: also is there a way to VASTLY increase NPC spawns? The world's a bit cold and empty as it is.

This. Shits way too quiet for my liking. Is it possible to edit the global respawn timer by hand, or is that something that is sector by sector/spawn by spawn?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Robot Randy posted:

Is that Rostok/Wild territory?

ding ding ding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uylk0mBuw
It's been around since vanilla SoC. I half expected to find a stash up there this time.

The SPAS is kicking rear end for me.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 2, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Missing Name posted:

The SPAS is kicking rear end for me.

I was seeming to do very well with it at range, then I realized there was 0 spread on it. Even when I have buckshot loaded, it's shooting basically a single projectile, it may be the weapon overhaul mod thing doing it though.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Enemies seem to be mostly blind in CoC. I was able to clomp around on the other side of a room full of high speed low drag kielbasa operators without any of them noticing. Unless something is hosed up with the lighting and everything was a lot darker than it looked, I think something is wrong. I didn't turn on the Hardcore aim setting because I thought it would be a bunch of bullshit 1 hit kill snapshots, but it looks like I might need to

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The zone is a bit quieter than usual, while I think the amount of npc's is ok, perhaps a few more mutants and zombies would decrease the desolation a bit, although having them spawn directly in front of me in Yantar was terrifying.

the gameplay so far, with Ddraig's addon and Owr3 has been satisfying, The details are nice, like not drinking an entire bottle of vodka in one go.
I just remembered that I forgot to copy my install to an ssd, load times are very good for a platter, microstutter is not making me grind my teeth and everything seems to be stable as a housebrick.
I'll get some sleep then pop it on an ssd.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 2, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Robot Randy posted:

Enemies seem to be mostly blind in CoC. I was able to clomp around on the other side of a room full of high speed low drag kielbasa operators without any of them noticing. Unless something is hosed up with the lighting and everything was a lot darker than it looked, I think something is wrong. I didn't turn on the Hardcore aim setting because I thought it would be a bunch of bullshit 1 hit kill snapshots, but it looks like I might need to

It really depends. Sometimes I have military guys spot me from way before they even register on my map and one shot me, other times they just stand there and let me shoot them one by one without reacting. It's strange.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Dvsilverwing posted:

I was seeming to do very well with it at range, then I realized there was 0 spread on it. Even when I have buckshot loaded, it's shooting basically a single projectile, it may be the weapon overhaul mod thing doing it though.

The Protecta has no spread either, turn on crosshairs and its as small as it can get even with crosshairs.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Minarchist posted:

The Protecta has no spread either, turn on crosshairs and its as small as it can get even with crosshairs.

I mean the buckshot doesn't spread, it produces 1 hole in anything you shoot. I don't think it was happening with the Mossberg 500 or TOZ-34, however.

Edit: Stalkers learned of cut shells? It's a feature.

Edit 2: Speaking of crosshairs, some weapons seem to keep their crosshairs even when you ADS. The H&K .45 is one of them, and I think maybe the AS VAL?

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 2, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

I mean the buckshot doesn't spread, it produces 1 hole in anything you shoot. I don't think it was happening with the Mossberg 500 or TOZ-34, however.

Edit: Stalkers learned of cut shells? It's a feature.

Edit 2: Speaking of crosshairs, some weapons seem to keep their crosshairs even when you ADS. The H&K .45 is one of them, and I think maybe the AS VAL?

MP5. I actually shot off crosshairs because of it.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Holy moly CoC with OWR3 is an absolute blast. The enemies feel a bit soft having come from Misery (I can survive the bloodsucker love bites :v:) but the freedom and sheer amount of areas is brilliant.

Started as a loner, went to the swamp and helped the clear sky guys with a bandit problem. Took the bandit gear and used it to clear out a nearby military camp that was giving clear sky trouble. Helped another loner fend off a bloodsucker and then traded him some buckshot for a sausage. The roleplay is real, I am in the zone.

The load times too, good lord! I didn't know STALKER could load this quickly. This is an awesome framework and I'm looking forward to seeing what people mod in on top of this.

My only complaints don't really apply because they're outside the scope of CoC. I'd love to see more monsters, weapons and quests however. Eager to see what the modding community farts out for CoC.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Does the Cordon feel really empty of Loners to anybody else? In the newbie village there were basically only Sidrovich, Nimble, Fanatic and a single guard, and the farm up beyond the checkpoint had only the mechanic and a single guy on lookout (btw I love the fortified version of the farm - is that from Clear Sky? It never looked like that in SoC). By contrast I went into the swamps and the place is crawling with Clear Sky - 10+ in even the smallest camps.

e: for stories: I healed and picked up some Loner called "Dork" who was injured in a fight and it turns out the dude is a machine in combat. We've been slaughtering our way through the swamps and Cordon and he takes most enemies apart before I even see them. Gonna be bummed out when he inevitably bites it.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Oct 2, 2015

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
In CoC is it normal for the vast majority of stashes to be empty? Containers, lockers, and crates have only had stuff in them maybe ten times in hundreds.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've been restarting a bunch of times and find that a stash which is empty once has a medkit in it the next time, and the time after that maybe some ammo. I think they might be randomly generated with a possibility of having nothing.

e: Just found an AS Val in that long metal cabin near the piles of concrete slabs and barrels just outside the newbie village. Jackpot!

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 2, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dandywalken posted:

I'm poor as gently caress, and cant even afford a suit of armor thats 12k atm. How do you make so much cash? I cant sell guns due to the durability thing so I just sell ammo en masse to vendors and its not very efficent. I'll check that anomaly though.

Didn't bother with picking up weapons, ammo or anything I wasn't gonna use actually.
Also, found the Svarog detector off a dead ecologist in Yantar which was a really big help.

A real big cash boost was bringing back and selling the two exoskeletons from inside the Chernobyl NPP one at a time. And I also had visited EVERY anomaly field and drained them of their artifacts. A little tough because the detector suffers from the same CoP vanilla problem of teeny tiny little green pixel markers for artifacts.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

xPanda posted:

In CoC is it normal for the vast majority of stashes to be empty? Containers, lockers, and crates have only had stuff in them maybe ten times in hundreds.

Yes.

Half of all the stashes in the game are populated at game start. The other half become populated when you learn about them either from a stalker (try not to kill stalkers and get them to surrender) or if you hand in PDAs to Owl.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Didn't bother with picking up weapons, ammo or anything I wasn't gonna use actually.
Also, found the Svarog detector off a dead ecologist in Yantar which was a really big help.

A real big cash boost was bringing back and selling the two exoskeletons from inside the Chernobyl NPP one at a time. And I also had visited EVERY anomaly field and drained them of their artifacts. A little tough because the detector suffers from the same CoP vanilla problem of teeny tiny little green pixel markers for artifacts.

if its a vanilla problem, try using one of the mods for vanilla? like this : http://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-call-of-pripyat-mod/svarog-mk2-1-0
I can't test as I don't have one yet

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Something I want to work on, since Degtayrev is the USS observer in the Zone where would he be hanging out you think?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It just occurred to me that I really wish the sawn off shotgun was a one handed weapon. There's very little reason to use it over a long barrel gun otherwise, but if I could carry it with my artifact detector it'd fill a nice little niche.

MariusLecter posted:

Something I want to work on, if Degtayrev is the USS observer in the Zone, where would he be hanging out you think?
Bar maybe? Duty has military connections and presumably could be relied on to make sure he has a base of operations and a faction willing to run errands for him.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Any way to fix your FOV in CoC? Feels like I'm looking down a telescope the whole time.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Yep, open the console and just type fov and then the number you want

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd imagine agroprom. but chilling with the regulars.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Oberleutnant posted:

It just occurred to me that I really wish the sawn off shotgun was a one handed weapon.

Yes. Is this part of a mod? It should be, a basic and simple change that would be both useful and realistic. (You can sprint around with a bunch of weight at ludicrous speeds, it's really not a controversial change.)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

It just occurred to me that I really wish the sawn off shotgun was a one handed weapon. There's very little reason to use it over a long barrel gun otherwise, but if I could carry it with my artifact detector it'd fill a nice little niche.

At one point, Ithaca had you covered

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/ithaca-auto-burglar-12ga/

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Aah i want it!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oberleutnant posted:

Aah i want it!

First, you need a hacksaw...

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!
i killed a dog and an army man ate it

10/10 russia simulator accuracy

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

NPC allies with sniper rifles are the most useless motherfuckers. They're like wookies in Battlefield, crouching and waiting for the perfect shot while you're getting your blood sucked five feet to their right. I took two of them to the bandit stronghold in the Garbage, and both of them managed to get stunlocked by a single bandit bitchslapping them over and over. They wouldn't use any of the guns I generously sold them, even when indoors. Even outdoors, they tend to run to cover and hide rather than actually return fire. I guess they're just really afraid of messing up their K/D ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Ddraig posted:

Yes.

Half of all the stashes in the game are populated at game start. The other half become populated when you learn about them either from a stalker (try not to kill stalkers and get them to surrender) or if you hand in PDAs to Owl.

Ah cool, that makes sense. What confused me is that frequently I would get a stash found message and there would be nothing in it.

As for the surrender mechanic, I didn't know that! Explains why some guys had their hands up before I shoot them. Also explains something odd I observed in Army Warehouses: someone was assaulting the big facility (I don't know who occupies it, I can't get close enough to identity them) and he got swarmed by the defenders. They eventually surrounded him and he got on his knees. They had him at gunpoint for a few seconds before executing him and returning to their posts. Was the AI interrogating another AI? Because that's awesome. I watched all this through binoculars from a safe distance. Very cool, loving this mod.

Also, any tips for where I can get a Svarog detector? I'm an ecologist so I don't want to appropriate one Zone-style like the above poster. Wouldn't be very fraternal.

EDIT: reading through the release notes, what I observed might have been a combination of two other features: shoot on sight logic for military bases housing a landed helicopter, and the circle and execute wounded logic. Very cool and atmospheric.

xPanda fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 3, 2015