Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

evilweasel posted:

nothing left for rubio to tear

i bet there is, he may be as dangerous to JEB! as trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

The Nastier Nate posted:

There's something really sad about JEB, the 5th/6th place candidate attacking Rubio who is in 4th place. Both are polling in single digits in most states. I understand why he's doing it, but it reeks of desperation, like saying JEB couldn't run with the big dogs so he's picking on the young up and coming scrapper who is just trying to get by and make a name for himself. Doubly so because Rubio considers JEB as one of his political influences.

All the super-PAC money and campaign staffers in the world aren't going to get him the nomination. JEB's best bet at this point is to hope at the next debate he is seated off to the side, and some stage scaffolding falls on top of the candidates in the middle.

i love that he's not even trying to take on a candidate who is higher ranked, and who has sufficient support that if he leeched them all their support away, his numbers would improve. even if JEB! somehow completely absorbed all of rubio's votes, that would still leave him, what, 3rd or 4th in line?

it's like he's completely committed to proving Trump's definition of his character to be explictly true. "try to take on one of the top dogs? that sounds like a lot of work :smith:"

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I'll admit to being a bit charmed by his immediate admission that his analogy is facile and useless, leaving him with no real idea of how to engage in foreign affairs. You don't often see that kind of honesty from a political campaign.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Or give them a low-five?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is an official video put out by his campaign lol

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

homeless poster posted:

i love that he's not even trying to take on a candidate who is higher ranked, and who has sufficient support that if he leeched them all their support away, his numbers would improve. even if JEB! somehow completely absorbed all of rubio's votes, that would still leave him, what, 3rd or 4th in line?

it's like he's completely committed to proving Trump's definition of his character to be explictly true. "try to take on one of the top dogs? that sounds like a lot of work :smith:"

There's a very firm belief that the establishment candidate will eventually turn it around when the polls "matter" so that's why he's basically writing off Trump/Carson/Fiorina. He just has to make sure his backers continue to buy that story.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Bush needs to take down Rubio because he is in trouble TODAY of being replaced as the non-Trump, serious candidate for the establishment GOP. Regardless of what Trump does, people are now looking more closely at Rubio as an alternative to Bush. Everyone is hoping (except for us) that Trump will just fade away, but if Rubio is standing at the top of the rubble pile as the establishment candidate then Bush is a goner.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Plus, every time Bush tried to attack Trump, it backfired horribly. Maybe he's hoping Rubio will be an easier target.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nonsense posted:

If Jeb! was actually smart, and the Republican party actually stood a chance, he'd drop out Monday.

Nonsense. If he were smart, he'd milk those rubes who think he still has a chance for all the travel and per diem they've got.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Josh Lyman posted:

Cruz's suit is so ill-fitting :barf:

At the very least Trump should give him the number of a good tailor because holy poo poo Cruz's suit is terrible.

Cardboard Box A posted:

She is right about Everquest inflicting “pain, misery, violence, torture" though.

She should try EVE Online. :getin:

Mrit posted:

He reminds me more of Tim Tebow. Everyone thinks he is awesome... until they see him play.

Edit: Oh, and Tebow only did as well as he did due to a massively skilled organization supporting him. Hmm...

See also: Jason White, who was basically Teebow but without the religion boost.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Having Jeb! take down Rubio and Trump take down Jeb! would be loving hilarious.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Having Jeb! take down Rubio and Trump take down Jeb! would be loving hilarious.

Jeb! ain't takin' down a kitten offa tree.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Samuel Clemens posted:

Plus, every time Bush tried to attack Trump, it backfired horribly. Maybe he's hoping Rubio will be an easier target.

A properly hydrated Rubio is a tough target to take down.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Nonsense posted:

If Jeb! was actually smart, and the Republican party actually stood a chance, he'd drop out Monday.

Candidates dropping out when the funding's still there isn't about being smart or not, it's about self interest.

Or, in Walker's case, having the leash tugged on.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LFPR is at a near 4 decade low.

3 straight months of job growth for immigrants and job decline for those born in the USA.

Jeb! and Rubio are just 2 out of touch fossils who are nearly indistinguishable from Hillary Clinton when it comes to our border, our immigration policy, and the plight of the blue collar worker and the American middle class. I'm sure the political elites and the media morons will be highly entertained by this cripple fight for second place.

Meanwhile Donald Trump continues to bypass the establishment and take his message directly to us, the American people.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

‏@RyanLizza
In Greenville, South Carolina, Jeb Bush, arguing against calls for gun control after major tragedy, says, "stuff happens."

Jeb! agrees! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dHwhlRLRs4

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Bar Crow posted:

We should be teaching these angry, disenfranchised youths to "self-deport" quietly and without fuss. Perhaps an ad campaign to explain to them that everything is their fault and the world would be better off without them.

Or we could do what we always do and start a war to make them another country's problem.
We've basically done both already, so all we'd have to do is suggest to them they should go join ISIL. It's worked for Tunisia!:pseudo:

Rocks posted:

Bush at 4%

I guess that $37M in ads really helped :lol:

homeless poster posted:

The Nastier Nate posted:

There's something really sad about JEB, the 5th/6th place candidate attacking Rubio who is in 4th place. Both are polling in single digits in most states. I understand why he's doing it, but it reeks of desperation, like saying JEB couldn't run with the big dogs so he's picking on the young up and coming scrapper who is just trying to get by and make a name for himself. Doubly so because Rubio considers JEB as one of his political influences.

All the super-PAC money and campaign staffers in the world aren't going to get him the nomination. JEB's best bet at this point is to hope at the next debate he is seated off to the side, and some stage scaffolding falls on top of the candidates in the middle.
See Jeb! crash and burn has been so much fun.:allears: He was supposed to be this season's Romney, and now he's fallen so far that he's not even fighting for the lead anymore, he's fighting to not be replaced by Rubio. It's been so great watching the chaos Trump has wrought, and watching the talking heads beginning to realize that we are completely off the rails in the yoogest, most luxurious way.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Another school shooting, another place where law-abiding citizens are not armed. But sure, Mr. President, let's take the guns even more away.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

Another school shooting, another place where law-abiding citizens are not armed. But sure, Mr. President, let's take the guns even more away.

Agreed

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blattdorf posted:

One of the dudes there was concealed carrying.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Nintendo Kid posted:

Buy it wasn't any of the staff. Just a random guy.

There was a different case a few years back where one of the teachers had a concealed carry and stopped a potential school shooting before the would-be murdered managed to fire a single shot. Can't remember the details, though.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Stuff Happens is trending #1 on Twitter now (after #nationalsmileday, but people have figured out those are faux-promoted by now right?)

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I think you guys are too quick to count out JEB! Look, he got out ahead of the Oregon massacre before Rubio.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-stuff-happens-oregon-shooting

E:F,B

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blattdorf posted:

Buy it wasn't any of the staff. Just a random guy.

There was a different case a few years back where one of the teachers had a concealed carry and stopped a potential school shooting before the would-be murdered managed to fire a single shot. Can't remember the details, though.

Yeah I sure do trust some random adjunct professor to be good at shooting :rolleyes:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yep. One was interviewed last night on the Factor. Wanted to make his way to the epicenter to see if he could help, but in the meantime he and his fellow students he was with came into contact with some form of authority (wasn't clear from his remarks if it was police or school officials) who instructed them to be locked down in an area. They complied, and also the gentleman commented that it is possible they may have been a hindrance rather than a help depending on their approach and where the shooter would have been by the time they arrived.

i.e. the typical responsible permit holder exercising his second amendment rights and causing ZERO problems, so I am pretty drat sure no one other than FOX is ever going to interview him since the other media outlets are 100% in the tank for Democrats and 100% in the tank for the crusade against the Bill of Rights.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah I sure do trust some random adjunct professor to be good at shooting :rolleyes:

That's why we should replace some percentage of professors with skyground marshalls that are retired special forces. We can just give them a quick brush-up on whatever topic they need to teach.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

LFPR is at a near 4 decade low.

Who could have possibly predicted that the elderly share of the population and average number of years of schooling would both continue increasing

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Clearly rather than reform gun laws we should just make every last square inch of the US an armored fortress

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yeah, Monopoly is a clone of a game made by Georgists (single-taxers) as a critique of how the capitalist system results in the formation of monopolies over land and resources and encourages rent-seeking behavior.

Not that anyone remembers that, but it's still inherent to the design of the game.

never heard of this before but it owns

The set had rules for two different games, anti-monopolist and a monopolist. The anti-monopolist rules reward all during wealth creation while the monopolist rules had the goal of forming monopolies and forcing opponents out of the game.[2] A win in the anti-monopolist, or Single Tax version and later called by Magie as "Prosperity Game", was when the player having the lowest monetary amount has double his original stake.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Landlord%27s_Game

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Who could have possibly predicted that the elderly share of the population and average number of years of schooling would both continue increasing

Oh look, this tired and false talking point that retirees and students are driving the decline and everything is fine that I definitely have not seen over and over and over again.

The current participation rate among working aged Americans specifically, aged 25-54 i.e. excluding older Americans and typical college undergraduate AND graduate students, is also down and at over a 3 decade low.

But thanks for playing.

Boosted_C5 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 2, 2015

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Nintendo Kid posted:

Unless he's a 90-year-old grandpa with trembling hands, he'll be able to do something. And he doesn't have to shoot. Just pointing a gun at someone goes a long way to make them think twice.

Apparently, it is illegal to conceal carry on that campus. That there was someone with a gun near the place is surprising enough, but eventually he would attempt to stop the shooter.

We'll probably never hear anything related to security issues at the campus because we need stricter gun control law.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Oh look, this tired and false talking point I definitely have not seen over and over and over again.

The current participation rate among working aged Americans specifically, aged 25-54 i.e. excluding older Americans and typical college undergraduate AND graduate students, is also down and at over a 3 decade low.

[timg][/timg]

But thanks for playing.

back to 1985 levels, just like reagan would want

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

baw posted:

back to 1985 levels, just like reagan would want

We're not done yet. Before his time in office is done, Obama will validate his Jimmy Carter comparisons on the right and Obamanomics will send us all the way back to the 1970s.

RECOVERY!!!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blattdorf posted:

Unless he's a 90-year-old grandpa with trembling hands, he'll be able to do something. And he doesn't have to shoot. Just pointing a gun at someone goes a long way to make them think twice.

Yeah he'll probably shoot himself int he leg or maim one of the students. Also I assure you the guy that's obsessively planned his murder spree did plenty of thinking twice beforehand, before they decided to murder.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Oh look, this tired and false talking point that retirees and students are driving the decline and everything is fine that I definitely have not seen over and over and over again.

But thanks for playing.

Where does alternate 1985 fit into this timeline?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

There are a lot more factors in the labor force participation rate beyond the Mexicans took er jerbs.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Nonsense. If he were smart, he'd milk those rubes who think he still has a chance for all the travel and per diem they've got.

that's an excellent point, and something i was really confused about during the 2012 election cycle. you have all these dudes like santorum and newt who are never going to be a serious presidential candidate, but they get all these donors to pile money into a superPAC and they get to be in the media spotlight for 15 minutes. what the gently caress happens to all the superPAC money once a guy like that drops out of the race, assuming it wasn't already wasted down to $0? can they (or the controlling entity of the superPAC) just pocket the difference? if so, i feel like "unelectable presidential candidate" is going to become a viable part-time job for american oligarchs in the coming decades

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

This is true because people who go on killing sprees are well-known for their good decision-making skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

We're not done yet. Before his time in office is done, Obama will validate his Jimmy Carter comparisons on the right and Obamanomics will send us all the way back to the 1970s.

RECOVERY!!!

how will obamanomics do that

• Locked thread