Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Is anyone else getting constant app freezes/crashes when trying to sign in to PSN on the mobile app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ouhei posted:

Is anyone else getting constant app freezes/crashes when trying to sign in to PSN on the mobile app?

Crashed the first time then worked the 2nd on my OnePlus One. If you have the 2k15 app try to login there first then go over. Otherwise you can also try logging in the PSN website or app first.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Um ok it really is pretty cool in MYGM that staff candidates wont just be happy to join up if you have the money but how the gently caress do I actually get one to accept? Im on my 5th straight candidate

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hopterque posted:

The new app is out for all your free VC needs.

What is the app actually called? Im seeing a lot of fake ones

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the_american_dream posted:

What is the app actually called? Im seeing a lot of fake ones

My NBA 2K16 by 2k. Be sure to get the free one. The paid app is an actual basketball game/MYTeam game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok maybe its not on android yet

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ok maybe its not on android yet

It is. It actually was released on Android first.

Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catdaddy.mynba2k16&hl=en

I typed NBA 2k16 in search in the Play Store and it was one of the first results.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

jabro posted:

It is. It actually was released on Android first.

Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catdaddy.mynba2k16&hl=en

I typed NBA 2k16 in search in the Play Store and it was one of the first results.

wow what the hell lol. Thanks man

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No worries. I figured you didn't have enough coffee/booze/Monster this morning.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I

It was released too recently to show up properly on the search tool, it'll trickle up to the top soon.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Um ok it really is pretty cool in MYGM that staff candidates wont just be happy to join up if you have the money but how the gently caress do I actually get one to accept? Im on my 5th straight candidate

When they accept, you should hit x to sign or rejct. On myleague at least. I did that a few times.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So somehow my totally normal looking guy during creation looks like Charlie Brown with hair. Head is huuuuuuge.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Why the gently caress does the game call a timeout right after I'm subbed in every time. And then sometimes it cuts to a shot of a player waving his hand to come over every few seconds with a black and white background for a good minute.

Also how do I bounce pass to a guy I made do a pick and then he ran to the basket? I hit square and move the left stick towards him and it just throws the ball to my point guard.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Why the gently caress does the game call a timeout right after I'm subbed in every time. And then sometimes it cuts to a shot of a player waving his hand to come over every few seconds with a black and white background for a good minute. [/qupte]

Yea this is a bug, its meant to show that players OVR and their strengths/weaknesses but at least half the time it just sits there and shows nothing. This screen is meant to come up when you get subbed on, or when someone in your position gets subbed on on the other team.

[quote]Also how do I bounce pass to a guy I made do a pick and then he ran to the basket? I hit square and move the left stick towards him and it just throws the ball to my point guard.

All i can think is that your not aiming the stick accurately enough. I really do prefer the 2k15 pass modifier being on the left trigger rather than having 3 pass buttons. But then i really prefer post up being on the left trigger rather than y/triangle so i cant complain too much.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

jabro posted:

So somehow my totally normal looking guy during creation looks like Charlie Brown with hair. Head is huuuuuuge.

Luckily you can adjust him after the fact. I spent 30 mins on my guy and 5 seconds into the first scene I realized I created some sort on monster. I've edited him so he's less horrible looking but this is one of the few games in existence that does a better job with black people than white, I've yet to see someone that was white look anywhere close to normal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Holyshoot posted:

Why the gently caress does the game call a timeout right after I'm subbed in every time. And then sometimes it cuts to a shot of a player waving his hand to come over every few seconds with a black and white background for a good minute.

Also how do I bounce pass to a guy I made do a pick and then he ran to the basket? I hit square and move the left stick towards him and it just throws the ball to my point guard.

Under controller settings, there should be some options to change directional pass targeting

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Copper For Lyfe posted:

All i can think is that your not aiming the stick accurately enough. I really do prefer the 2k15 pass modifier being on the left trigger rather than having 3 pass buttons. But then i really prefer post up being on the left trigger rather than y/triangle so i cant complain too much.

I posted up almost every play whenever I could in previous games, but I barely posted up in this year's game. I really wish they would let us toggle to hold or lock it in, or at the very least separate offense and defensive buttons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is anyone else finding they lose the ball a lot all of a sudden? Never had the issue before but today farting around it feels like every time I get close to another dude the ball just poofs out of my hand and everyone is all 'what the gently caress was that'.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there a way to check player fatigue on the fly? I cant find it under controls

edit I SWEAR TO GOD I CAN NOT DRIVE PAST ANY DEFENDERS OR MAKE JUMP SHOTS THIS YEAR

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 2, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also since I cant shoot I havent tried yet but can anyone confirm Mo Williams has Godfather music on 3s? That would be awesome

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is anyone else finding they lose the ball a lot all of a sudden? Never had the issue before but today farting around it feels like every time I get close to another dude the ball just poofs out of my hand and everyone is all 'what the gently caress was that'.

Yup. It seems like other players don't even have to try to steal the ball, just passing by within a foot of you, even while trying to chase their man around you, is enough to dislodge the ball.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I've found that trying to dribble in the paint or in anything resembling traffic results in the ball flying off your foot and out of bounds, regardless of the player's ball-handling skill or whatever. While unfortunate, it's a very good simulation of the pick up basketball experience.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Is there a way to check player fatigue on the fly? I cant find it under controls
Press down for subs and there's a stamina column.

edit I SWEAR TO GOD I CAN NOT DRIVE PAST ANY DEFENDERS OR MAKE JUMP SHOTS THIS YEAR
Yeah, it's weird. Like all the stuff that is hardwired into my brain about shaking off defenders is suddenly useless.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jump shots definitely seem harder this year. I used to not put in many points for shooting and still made a decent amount of open midrangers. This year, definitely not. The only move I seem to reliably pull off against tight defenders are a quick screen, or going into post mode without touching and then immediately sprint laterally.

I miss being able to spin with the left stick manually....

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

Press down for subs and there's a stamina column.

Yeah, it's weird. Like all the stuff that is hardwired into my brain about shaking off defenders is suddenly useless.

Yea ive gotten away all these years without ever really using the crossover stick but im kind of forced to now :/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Do they add shoes or are we stuck with what is in the game? The game is missing Jordan VIIs and that is not right.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
They added the D Lillards after launch last year so maybe

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

Jump shots definitely seem harder this year. I used to not put in many points for shooting and still made a decent amount of open midrangers. This year, definitely not. The only move I seem to reliably pull off against tight defenders are a quick screen, or going into post mode without touching and then immediately sprint laterally.

I miss being able to spin with the left stick manually....

Shooting in general is harder I think. I got blocked maybe like once on post up turnaround fadeaways in 2k15. I get stuffed at least once a game now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

On the plus side, the improved teammate AI allows me to average 20+ assists far more easily now.

I've been turning down sponsors lately in mycareer so I can instead spend time with my connections. Anyone knows what's the highest payout from a sponsor?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

I've been turning down sponsors lately in mycareer so I can instead spend time with my connections. Anyone knows what's the highest payout from a sponsor?

Highest I've seen so far is 1000 VC for 6 days of appearances.

Also here's a tip for those struggling to win games in mycareer: At your home gym (between games), go to to the menu, go to 'mycareer', then 'my minutes' and take note of who has a fire symbol next to their name. Give these people the ball (if it's next to your name, take a lot of shots). The game straight up tells you who on your team is on a hot streak. I just watched Derozan drop 40 on the Clippers while Jonas picked up 15 Rebounds, 6 OReb

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still wish there was an easier way to find out who was traded on your team.

edit: Steam just updated the PC version. Small update, reports say it's just a frame-rate stabilizer.

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 3, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Away all Goats posted:

Also here's a tip for those struggling to win games in mycareer: At your home gym (between games), go to to the menu, go to 'mycareer', then 'my minutes' and take note of who has a fire symbol next to their name. Give these people the ball (if it's next to your name, take a lot of shots). The game straight up tells you who on your team is on a hot streak. I just watched Derozan drop 40 on the Clippers while Jonas picked up 15 Rebounds, 6 OReb

That's a hell of a tip that the game doesn't bother to bring your attention to at all

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So, has anyone else been victimized by the post shot animation running too long on your players (mainly bigs) resulting in the AI getting free quick baskets? Kind of funny. Its happened at least twice a game every game

By post shot I mean animation after a made shot. Not an actual shot from the post

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 3, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how do I make this control like nba live '98 or give 'n' go basketball and not something that makes me feel like a stillborn orangutan. alternatively how do i learn how to score or play defense and not just run into people jesus. thanks love ya lots

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this has a harder learning curve than dota. on the plus side i managed 9 points in that game

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
The only thing worse than watching Nick Young play hero ball on TV is watching him do it on this game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

FWIW, I used a slider set I found on Operation Sports the other night and had way more fun than I'd been having with the default simulation set. I didn't have to spend five minutes before the game setting up all my individual defensive settings either, though I did adjust Tony Parker's after he scorched me on 12/16 shooting. Post adjustment, he missed his next ten shots. It also helped me keep the PIP down to a reasonable 34. One thing to note is that the guy who made these sliders suggested putting the difficulty to Pro, which is way too low, but they still seemed to work fine when I played on All-Star last night.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I just pulled Anthony Davis in Myteam, loving cool.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Whoever decided the camera mode when you go practice with your team was good can go loving kill themselves. And you can't change it as your only option is to end the drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

epitasis posted:

how do I make this control like nba live '98 or give 'n' go basketball and not something that makes me feel like a stillborn orangutan. alternatively how do i learn how to score or play defense and not just run into people jesus. thanks love ya lots

I haven't gotten around to myCareer yet, but thats usually the worst place to start for new players. Playing as a team is a much better way to getting used to controls.

In muCareer you start as a rookie, which in the NBA is usually a bad player. Play in modes where you are not a bad player for a little while to learn the game.

• Locked thread