Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Someone in my league dropped Brees. is he still fantasy relevant? I'd be dropping tannehill for him. And I have The red Rocket himself.

Pick him up immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Buane posted:

I agree, but it's extremely rare a team ends up with -10. Buffalo gave up 40 points to New England but walked away with -2 fantasy points because they had 2 fumble recoveries and 2 sacks, which feels about right for their performance.

You're right it gets a little wonky at the extreme end, but the teams that would score in the negatives on a regular basis are the teams that aren't owned/started so it doesn't really come up.

-5 for 28 points and -10 for 35 points still seems like way too much. Every other position's floor is around -2 to -4 for extremely bad performances. Giving up 28 points with no turnovers or sacks is not good, but it's not extremely bad either. I don't think that should result in less points than a RB that loses 2 fumbles on 2 carries for 0 yards. I think it'd be a bit better if you raised the threshold for -5 or -10 a bit, e.g. at least 40+ for -10. Another thing to consider would be to up the value of a safety, especially after raising INTs and fumble recoveries to 3. A safety isn't just 2 points for the team, it's 2 points plus a turnover since the safetied team must then punt the ball away. It should at least be worth as much as a normal turnover, if not a little bit more. Maybe in the 3-5 range rather than 2.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Done, I'm wiaver 10/10 so if literally anyone is paying attention (not likely), I won't get him.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

Splinter posted:

-5 for 28 points and -10 for 35 points still seems like way too much. Every other position's floor is around -2 to -4 for extremely bad performances. Giving up 28 points with no turnovers or sacks is not good, but it's not extremely bad either. I don't think that should result in less points than a RB that loses 2 fumbles on 2 carries for 0 yards. I think it'd be a bit better if you raised the threshold for -5 or -10 a bit, e.g. at least 40+ for -10. Another thing to consider would be to up the value of a safety, especially after raising INTs and fumble recoveries to 3. A safety isn't just 2 points for the team, it's 2 points plus a turnover since the safetied team must then punt the ball away. It should at least be worth as much as a normal turnover, if not a little bit more. Maybe in the 3-5 range rather than 2.

Both good points, I'll play around a bit more heading into next season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I have Karlos Williams, my wife has McCoy, and I am playing her this week. The stars have aligned perfectly.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I think collusion is something like a 3-0 team trades a kicker to the 0-3 team for Lynch. Everything else is basically fair game and vetos are dumb.

Collusion is a trade that just happened in my 8 team league of "LeVeon Bell for Danny Woodhead" no PPR.

I called bullshit and the person who is getting LeVeon said "I helped them pick up waiver wire people and set their lineup! It's fair compensation!"

Of course that person is commish and there is no voting on trades.

Buncha bullshit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Collusion is a trade that just happened in my 8 team league of "LeVeon Bell for Danny Woodhead" no PPR.

I called bullshit and the person who is getting LeVeon said "I helped them pick up waiver wire people and set their lineup! It's fair compensation!"

Yeeep, that's collusion. Not because of the unevenness of the trade, but because it's basically bribing another player in exchange for getting to win the league.

quote:

Of course that person is commish and there is no voting on trades.

Buncha bullshit.

Throw a fit and if you don't get satisfaction, sever.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeeep, that's collusion.

Throw a fit and if you don't get satisfaction, sever.

It's my 4th league so I've stopped giving a poo poo. Never going to play with that person again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ship your top five players to that newbie owner. When the commish calls BS on it, tell him the newbie player offered to wash your car for the rest of the year in exchange, so it's just fair compensation.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

coronaball posted:

I have Karlos Williams, my wife has McCoy, and I am playing her this week. The stars have aligned perfectly.

Aligned perfectly for the impending divorce!

But seriously I play my fiancee next week and tensions have already risen in the house. It is also quite possible she will be 4-0 and I will be 1-3 when we face off. This is going to be a rough week.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Leperflesh posted:

Ship your top five players to that newbie owner. When the commish calls BS on it, tell him the newbie player offered to wash your car for the rest of the year in exchange, so it's just fair compensation.

Yeah do this immediately. Fantasy football shenanigans are literally as bad as war crimes and deserve swift and decisive action. Not paying attention to that league isn't going to discourage the commish from not being a douche in the future.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is Thomas Quick worth picking up over one of Boldin, Tate, Garcon?

I've heard the argument against Boldin, but am adding the other two just in case

Edit: Also, should I drop DeAngelo Williams for Dion Lewis, Lance Dunbar, David Johnson, Alfred Blue or Dilal Powell? I have Bell, just to be clear

I wanted to hang onto Williams in case Bell got hurt, but with Big Rape out of commission, I don't even know if it would matter at this point

Duro fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 2, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Duro posted:

I've heard the argument against Boldin, but am adding the other two just in case

Edit: Also, should I drop DeAngelo Williams for Dion Lewis, Lance Dunbar, David Johnson, Alfred Blue or Dilal Powell? I have Bell, just to be clear

I wanted to hang onto Williams in case Bell got hurt, but with Big Rape out of commission, I don't even know if it would matter at this point

Tate and Garcon have at least seen steady targets the first 3 weeks, despite not a lot of fantasy production. I wouldn't drop either of them for Brian Quick (Assuming you mean Brian Quick). I say this as a Tate owner who ended up dropping Boldin for Quick because I would rather take a flier on my worst WR than keep Boldin.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Duro posted:

You should drop Boldin and add Lewis immediately. Dunbar might be worth an add/drop too, depending who else you have. I'd just drop DeAngelo Williams for him, but maybe you have someone even more worthless.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

You should drop Boldin and add Lewis immediately. Dunbar might be worth an add/drop too, depending who else you have. I'd just drop DeAngelo Williams for him, but maybe you have someone even more worthless.

Somehow missed his edit. But echoing this guy that you should absolutely add Dion Lewis.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
You've been complaining about your team and had Dion on the waivers this whole time!?!?!

Or did some idiot drop him for the bye?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
As the owner of Andre Ellington and David Johnson, and 4 other basically unstartable running backs, Chris Johnson needs to gently caress right off.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gotta drop one for a kicker - 1 point PPR league, 10 teamer.

Woodhead
Chris Johnson
Stevie Johnson
Matt Jones

Leaning Woodhead, though Stevie might be in the mix as well, but my WR depth is pretty dubious. Thoughts?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
ESPN standard 0ppr, looking for a better receiver; willing to package a solid RB and WR2/3, haven't been able to get any bites, I don't know if I'm offering bad trades and overvaluing my team or if people are just trade adverse.

My team:

QB: Tannehill
RB: Gore, Ivory, Karlos Williams, Hill, HIllman, Antonio Andrews
WR: AJ Green, Maclin, Cooks, Hankerson, Hurns
TE: Reed, Antonio Gates

Should I be trying to flip a RB for a Brandon Marshal type? Would I have to package Maclin or Cooks to get that?
Should I be trying to trade up for a better QB?
Should I sit on if for a couple weeks and hope Hill and Cooks rebound and both my TEs are top 6?

(I'm 1-2 because I lost by 1 with Chris Ivory giving me a 0 and Mia DST giving me -6 last week so I'm pretty tilted).

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LmaoTheKid posted:

You've been complaining about your team and had Dion on the waivers this whole time!?!?!

Or did some idiot drop him for the bye?

No, I've been complaining about horrible luck. My team is really consistent, but not a lot of standouts. I just always get bad matchups week in and week out. Always the second highest scorer in the league, losing to the first. But I'm slowly trying to improve my team. Picked up Carr (as a backup) and Lewis for now, but I'd like to switch out one of my WR for someone better. Maybe someone that's under the radar but had a chance to make a splash. That's why I asked about Quick

RVProfootballer posted:

Ok, so my RB's are Bell, Gore, Miller and now Lewis. I think I might want to hold onto Gore, but Miller has been looking mighty useless. I feel bad dropping him cause I had so much hope

Duro fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 2, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

VDay posted:

Yeah do this immediately. Fantasy football shenanigans are literally as bad as war crimes and deserve swift and decisive action. Not paying attention to that league isn't going to discourage the commish from not being a douche in the future.

It's close but I'd say fantasy football shenanigans are worse - the bylaws of fantasy football are clearly spelled out in ESPN, the world's premiere sports entertainment news network, whereas who gives a poo poo about Geneva.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Why are all my sites projecting TJ Yeldon as a better start than Chris Johnson or Chris Ivory? Am I missing something? CJ2K has the Rams porous run D for god's sake.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
I'm looking to add a WR in standard, who is most likely to be the best ROS? Ginn, Crabtree, Agholor, Montgomery, Hankerson or Harvin?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Who should I start, Ted Ginn JR or Marvin Jones? Steve smith failed me last night :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Why are all my sites projecting TJ Yeldon as a better start than Chris Johnson or Chris Ivory? Am I missing something? CJ2K has the Rams porous run D for god's sake.

The day you stop looking at projections and make your own gut calls is the day you win fantasy football. Seriously nfl.com has jordy nelson scoring 15 points this week.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

madkapitolist posted:

Who should I start, Ted Ginn JR or Marvin Jones? Steve smith failed me last night :(

Jones dude, Dalton is kinda heating up right now.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Never look at the projections they are very misleading. If you need help with sit/start decisions go find a rank list from a fantasy expert you like and use that to help you decide. Alternatively you can use the fantasypros expert consensus ranking (ECR) which just averages a bunch of rankings. If the guys you are looking at are within a couple spots of each other then go with your gut.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Who wins in 1PPR?

Brady
Moncrieff
Duke Johnson

Or

Stafford
Jeffrey
Ivory
Clay

I'm assuming the side that gets Brady.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SeannieDarko posted:

Who wins in 1PPR?

Brady
Moncrieff
Duke Johnson

Or

Stafford
Jeffrey
Ivory
Clay

I'm assuming the side that gets Brady.

Tough. Once Jeffery starts playing, I expect he'll be at worst equal to Moncrief (maybe that's optimistic on Jeffery though?). Duke Johnson is kind of inconsequential, while Ivory should be a mid RB2 and Clay a low end TE1. Depends on league size and QB availability on the wire, but if you could drop Stafford and go with someone like Dalton, Taylor, even Rivers or Carr or something, and if Clay is an upgrade over the current TE, I'd probably take the side getting Jeffery and Ivory. It's certainly a decent payoff selling Brady, assuming 1 QB league. If you're at all down on Jeffery (understandable) or would actually be starting Stafford or not starting Clay, then Brady and Moncrief.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Dren posted:

Never look at the projections they are very misleading. If you need help with sit/start decisions go find a rank list from a fantasy expert you like and use that to help you decide. Alternatively you can use the fantasypros expert consensus ranking (ECR) which just averages a bunch of rankings. If the guys you are looking at are within a couple spots of each other then go with your gut.

Someone suggested Boris Chen's averaged ranks here in the past. I really enjoy those.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

Tough. Once Jeffery starts playing, I expect he'll be at worst equal to Moncrief (maybe that's optimistic on Jeffery though?). Duke Johnson is kind of inconsequential, while Ivory should be a mid RB2 and Clay a low end TE1. Depends on league size and QB availability on the wire, but if you could drop Stafford and go with someone like Dalton, Taylor, even Rivers or Carr or something, and if Clay is an upgrade over the current TE, I'd probably take the side getting Jeffery and Ivory. It's certainly a decent payoff selling Brady, assuming 1 QB league. If you're at all down on Jeffery (understandable) or would actually be starting Stafford or not starting Clay, then Brady and Moncrief.

I'm the side with Stafford. Guy with Brady has been hit hard by injuries and he drafted badly and his good picks aside from Brady are underperforming (drafted Eli in the 4th and got lucky with Brady).

I have Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, and VJax to offset the Jeffrey loss (especially if I get Moncrieff back) at WR and LVB, Murray, Mathews, and Melvin Gordon at RB. Kelce is my TE. I'm currently rolling with T-Mobile.

I'm just curious if I'm overpaying for Brady.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Man I wish foster was more certain for Sunday. It's sounding like he's going to play but still gonna very iffy.

Some dude on Twitter claimed that foster bought 20 tickets to the Texans falcons game, suggesting he's inviting his friends and family to watch because he knows he's going to play. That or he could just be hooking his friends and family up. Who loving knows.

Maybe that guy here who's uncle works at nintendo could get his thoughs?

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 3, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm in a super weird spot where I kind of don't want Lynch's status to be announced until game time because I'm playing his owner this week. On the other hand, I picked up Rawls so if Lynch is announced to be out I'd love to throw him into my lineup over Matt Jones or Lamar Miller. Then again I might just be forced to play Miller if the Eagles game is postponed because of a hurricane and Lynch's status is still unknown Sunday morning.

Fantasy football is weird, part 43587535.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SeannieDarko posted:

I'm the side with Stafford. Guy with Brady has been hit hard by injuries and he drafted badly and his good picks aside from Brady are underperforming (drafted Eli in the 4th and got lucky with Brady).

I have Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, and VJax to offset the Jeffrey loss (especially if I get Moncrieff back) at WR and LVB, Murray, Mathews, and Melvin Gordon at RB. Kelce is my TE. I'm currently rolling with T-Mobile.

I'm just curious if I'm overpaying for Brady.

I'd probably hold if I were you. Moncrief for Jeffery is probably approximately a wash, but you don't need Clay and Ivory is your RB2 or RB3 depending on which Murray that is. I'd probably keep rolling with Taylor and worry about trading for a QB if he crashes and burns. It isn't awful, but I think you might be undervaluing Ivory imo.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My roster is goofy and I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm obviously weak as hell at RB and having Newton and Palmer both doesn't make sense except for week 5 when Newton has a bye. The only RB free agents are the likes of Powell, Bush, and C Michael. Trying to see what I could offer someone with QB trouble to get a decent RB 2/3.

Edit: 12 team Yahoo non PPR league

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 3, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd probably hold if I were you. Moncrief for Jeffery is probably approximately a wash, but you don't need Clay and Ivory is your RB2 or RB3 depending on which Murray that is. I'd probably keep rolling with Taylor and worry about trading for a QB if he crashes and burns. It isn't awful, but I think you might be undervaluing Ivory imo.

I have DeMarco. I'll exclude Ivory and try to sell Melvin Gordon instead. I'm content with waiting and using Tyrod, but I don't want this trading window to close.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
I'm at 3-0 in a 8 team 2QB PPR league and am trying to get one of the cellar dwellers to panic into sending me an RB. This guy is 1-2 and looking like he's going 1-3. I'm trying to swindle Le'Veon Bell.

QB Tom Brady
QB Joe Flacco

QB Colin Kaepernick
RB Le'Veon Bell
RB CJ Anderson

RB Alfred Morris
RB DeAngelo Williams
WR AJ Green
WR Julian Edelman

WR Mike Evans
WR Sammy Watkins
TE Martellus Bennett
TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

My initial offer was Cam Newton+Steve Smith+Justin Forsett for Le'Veon Bell, and I'm waiting on a counter. Here's me:

QB Aaron Rodgers
QB Matt Ryan

QB Cam Newton
RB Justin Forsett
RB Devonta Freeman

RB Karlos Williams
RB Danny Woodhead
WR Julio Jones
WR Alshon Jeffery

WR Brandon Marshall
WR Steve Smith Sr.
TE Greg Olsen
TE Travis Kelce

Our bonuses really favor receiving RBs, even more than a standard full PPR league, so Bell will be up with Jamaal Charles and Matt Forte in a tier above the rest of the league. I'm prepared to send a package even as big as a 4-1 if it comes down to it(something like Newton+Jeffery+Forsett+Kelce). Think that will get the job done? Idiotic idea from an idiot? It's worth noting that I'll be banking either Romo or Roethlisberger from waivers as my QB3 if this goes through.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Any of my guys worth dropping for a share of Gary Barnidge?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gary Barnidge was only A Thing because the Raiders defense against Tight Ends is basically non-existent. Don't get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My thought process on this was less clear than my screen grab.

There's just none of these awesome players on my waiver wire you all keep bragging about. There hasn't been one trade in either league. Blech.

• Locked thread