Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Donors are going to start jumping ship to Rubio as well, only to realize to their horror that they've poisoned the well against hispanics so badly that that's not going to work, either.

And then it'll finally be Christie's time to shine :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

RZApublican posted:

And then it'll finally be Christie's time to shine :getin:

- Chris Christie

Look, it's high time everyone started accepting that Trump's gonna win this thing and prepare accordingly.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:golfclap:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

:stare:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

That's really interesting! Jeb's had a really bad day. At this point I'm wondering how long they're going to give him to turn it around before they realize he can't win and never could. The longer he stays in the race at low single digits the harder it gets to explain him. For the smaller candidates, it's okay to lay low until a debate and then try to gain some ground. Bush's whole narrative depends on him being a dominant, reliable candidate and the longer he isn't the less likely it seems he'll become one. If he limps into the third debate and doesn't do really well he might have to drop out. Donors are going to start jumping ship to Rubio as well, only to realize to their horror that they've poisoned the well against hispanics so badly that that's not going to work, either.

I tend to agree that Jeb's entire campaign was predicated on the idea that he had a tidal wave of Establishment money and support and the emerging reality that A. The Establishment is divided and not committed to Jeb, B. That the Establishment is rather less potent than in the past, and C. Jeb is a terrible politician who coasts and doesn't put in the effort has put this to rest. I don't want to try to pick the nominee given how wild a ride this is, but I am willing to pick a loser: Jeb Bush will not be the nominee. I'm 90% confident on that. Jeb doesn't want to be President, why should anyone else want him?

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Montasque posted:

I see it a little different. I think your argument makes sense for Kasich, or even Cruz, but Jeb! has the second highest name recognition of the entire GOP field and he could only get 4% to conjure up his name?
4% plus the 25% who weren't even able to give a name and will all be convinced to vote for Bush later = 29%
Trump = 25%
I rest my case. :colbert:

EDIT: I do not rest my case yet; I will make a chart to highlight how one of these numbers is higher than the other.

NotJesus fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 3, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Patter Song posted:

I don't want to try to pick the nominee given how wild a ride this is, but I am willing to pick a loser: Jeb Bush will not be the nominee. I'm 90% confident on that. Jeb doesn't want to be President, why should anyone else want him?

He still has the support of a candidate who's in second or third place. The longer he is not in second or third place the worse it is for him, though. He can't take it for a whole lot longer. I think he has until the next debate to get his act together before he starts really losing support, although I could be wrong. I never dreamed Walker would be out of the race so soon. If the Bush to Rubio defect is large and fast enough he could be out as soon as the next debate. I agree with you though, any scenario that has Jeb recovering is starting to sound more like fantasy than anything.

NotJesus posted:

4% plus the 25% who weren't even able to give a name and will all be convinced to vote for Bush later = 29%
Trump = 25%
I rest my case. :colbert:

EDIT: I do not rest my case yet; I will make a chart to highlight how one of these numbers is higher than the other.

Man, the way you unskew the poo poo out of these polls is masterful. You really have a gift.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm loling at graphs

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

It's like an alien tried to make a graph for humans

I mean it all makes sense even down to largest to smallest state :staredog:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

AllanGordon posted:

Imagine you win the super bowl and then receive a call from Jeb Bush. Would instantly deflate the room. Same goes for Hilary.

I think if we judge our candidates by this metric we arrive at a singular stunning option.
If the only metric was how pumped the room would be to get a call from the president, the answer's definitely Diamond Joe.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Haha, holy poo poo, I love this chart.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Someone make a smilie like :dogbutton: but where :psyduck: pushes the button and :wtc: pops up.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
The bad charts are the best only good thing to come of this thread

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
i'm dying of laughter from that dumb chart. Post dumb charts all the time always. :allears:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Pulp Can Move posted:

Someone make a smilie like :dogbutton: but where :psyduck: pushes the button and :wtc: pops up.

Think of the good things you've already got

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pulp Can Move posted:

We actually already have this but I can't find it

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Patter Song posted:

I tend to agree that Jeb's entire campaign was predicated on the idea that he had a tidal wave of Establishment money and support and the emerging reality that A. The Establishment is divided and not committed to Jeb, B. That the Establishment is rather less potent than in the past, and C. Jeb is a terrible politician who coasts and doesn't put in the effort has put this to rest. I don't want to try to pick the nominee given how wild a ride this is, but I am willing to pick a loser: Jeb Bush will not be the nominee. I'm 90% confident on that. Jeb doesn't want to be President, why should anyone else want him?

We've gotten to a point now where I am desperately hoping that Bush somehow get's the nomination, because he would be absolutely eviscerated in the general.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

point of return posted:

If the only metric was how pumped the room would be to get a call from the president, the answer's definitely Diamond Joe.

"Hey, Marty Walsh, I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the World Series and also being elected Mayor of Boston!"

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

pathetic little tramp posted:

The followup video is what really cements Jeb is not going to win this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp4WhIASVk

Dude has no chill.

I mean, he's not wrong. You can't say stuff doesn't happen. It does!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pulp Can Move posted:

Ok

Necc0 posted:

We actually already have this but I can't find it
Please tell me I just didn't waste an hour.

EDIT: Looking at smilie regulations, I wasted time anyways. Bleh.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 3, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NotJesus posted:

That one doesn't show all the primaries between Iowa and the convention, so I made a chart for all the states and territories:

As you can see, things will really pick up after the first four primaries (IA, NH, SC, NV). That's when it might be difficult for someone without a good ground game (Trump, for instance) to be everywhere at once.

EDIT: Also, this one isn't a pie chart either.

This is glorious. I want more of these. More.

I don't want off this ride until we somehow shoehorn a line graph into a pie chart. Maybe not even then.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I can empathize with Jeb! Anyone who isn't kind of jaded and cynical about our new favorite spectator sport of mass shootings is just setting them self up for pain. As regular folks we feel powerless against these issues and the people in power won't do anything to change them so giving a poo poo seems like madochism.

Otoh I'm not running for a position where I could possibly use my power and influence to do something to try to avert these tragedies and Jeb! Is.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Jeb! was on the O'Reilly Factor today, and O'Reilly took him to task on his low energy campaign and told him he needs to get fired up and angry. Jeb's response was basically "Nah."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-to-jeb-bush-you-need-to-get-angry/

Jeb really is a happy tortoise.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I'd suggest JEB!'s apathy to mass death might be even more indicative of his Deere depression than simply him being out of touch.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

NotJesus posted:

That one doesn't show all the primaries between Iowa and the convention, so I made a chart for all the states and territories:

As you can see, things will really pick up after the first four primaries (IA, NH, SC, NV). That's when it might be difficult for someone without a good ground game (Trump, for instance) to be everywhere at once.

This is the best thing. This belongs in a museum.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Even the non-US media have caught on to what a failure Jeb Bush is:

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/jeb-bush-over-schietpartij-die-dingen-gebeuren~a4155308/

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
It's kinda telling how Bush compares one common sense legaslative action as gun control to another such as car safety and pool safety laws.
I'm pretty sure even the US has laws about restricting the use of unsafe cars on your roads. Even to gun a enthusiast this must seem like a poor argument.

"Yeah you should be able to own a handgun for self defense, also a car made out of cardboard with no brakes or lights that runs on plutonium".

Qurnah fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 3, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I'd suggest JEB!'s apathy to mass death might be even more indicative of his Deere depression than simply him being out of touch.

Jeb! spends his free time on goregrish and liveleak, and is now jaded to human suffering.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

NotJesus posted:

Don't sell yourself short, NotJesus.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Why does everyone keep saying Trump has a terrible ground game?

He's been neglecting his offensive line for years, and now both his starting and backup running backs are injured.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
I've been enjoying Trump's campaign way more than is healthy but at least it's led me to think up some amusing anecdotes, like this debate entrance they should do for him:

They start announcing the candidates one by one and as their name is called they come out, like so

"From the state of New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie"

"From the state of Kentucky, Sen. Rand Paul"

Then when it comes to Trump's turn the lights go out, the stage covers in mist and a laser show starts. Then the announcer belts out

AND FROM TRUMP TOWERS

THEEEEEEEEEE

DONALD J.

TTTAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMPP

Then pyrotechnics go off and The Final Countdown starts to play as Trump walks out to his podium. After that the lights and announcing go back to normal

"From the state of Texas, Sen. Ted Cruz"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

AllanGordon posted:

Imagine you win the super bowl and then receive a call from Jeb Bush. Would instantly deflate the room. Same goes for Hilary.

I think if we judge our candidates by this metric we arrive at a singular stunning option.

Hillary would be exactly like getting an awkward call from your mom, right down to having to respectfully play along except because she's President instead of because she's your mom.

But you know Bill would get on the line, which would be cool.

So it'd basically be getting a call from your parents.

Getting a call from Bernie would be cool. Also Biden. And He Whose Name Is Too Yooge To Speak.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

Hillary would be exactly like getting an awkward call from your mom, right down to having to respectfully play along except because she's President instead of because she's your mom.

But you know Bill would get on the line, which would be cool.

So it'd basically be getting a call from your parents.

Getting a call from Bernie would be cool. Also Biden. And He Whose Name Is Too Yooge To Speak.

Hilldawg: Congratulations on winning the Super Bowl!

SB Winner: Uh... thanks, ma'am. Any chance we could talk to Bill?

Hilldawg: *Hangs up*

On Jeb!'s Stuff Happens thing, that opens up another line of attack. His argument is basically that we shouldn't restrict people because of bad stuff happening, but his brother, who kept us safe you know, did a hell of a lot of restricting of people's liberty in response to 9/11. Seriously. This man does not want to be President.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Intel&Sebastian posted:

- the smart one.

Jeb is legit dumber than W.

Which is loving crazy to type out

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

spacemang_spliff posted:

Jeb is legit dumber than W.

Which is loving crazy to type out

Jeb! is only a success against other Florida Mans.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you

Montasque posted:

Jeb! was on the O'Reilly Factor today, and O'Reilly took him to task on his low energy campaign and told him he needs to get fired up and angry. Jeb's response was basically "Nah."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-to-jeb-bush-you-need-to-get-angry/

Jeb really is a happy tortoise.

I laughed out loud at how earnest and puzzled his expression was at the beginning. He's such a putz. Joementum: no frigging way is he going to be the nominee. :jebstare: :toxx:

archaeo fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 3, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nintendo Kid posted:

Unless that mans is Marco Rubio.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nintendo Kid posted:

We're not exactly setting the bar high then, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nintendo Kid posted:

Rubio's going to kick his rear end.

• Locked thread