Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SRM posted:

Yeah, that color scheme rules. I've painted a sizeable Ultramarines army in that scheme:

I adore the old 2nd ed paint schemes. They're gaudy and cartoony but so is this silly game.

To add to this conversation: the reason that anyone would think these old Ultramarines look like Play-Doh is because bright primary color schemes are used a lot for kids' toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

So apparently the Ghostkeel can do this

Which is pretty sweet.

Basically, its a HH navigator, except 4 times better

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I thought I'd buy the latest WD as I'm interested in the Stormsurge and the painting article. Sure I could pirate it, but it's only £2.49. That is a reasonable price and they've made it easy to access, there's no reason to be a dick...

Thank Games Workshop. Gwanks.

Oh and in case you were wondering, there's no table of contents either. Completely unreadable.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 4, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:golfclap: that's some impressive stuff right there

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I thought I'd buy the latest WD as I'm interested in the Stormsurge and the painting article. Sure I could pirate it, but it's only £2.49. That is a reasonable price and they've made it easy to access, there's no reason to be a dick...

Thank Games Workshop. Gwanks.

Oh and in case you were wondering, there's no table of contents either. Completely unreadable.

Moola posted:

:siren: DON'T GIVE GW MONEY :siren:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Seems like a good deal IMO

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
4.5 million oounds at its best.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think the stormsurge looks pretty cool but why does an open topped vehicle have two heads

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I've not read this thread for 3000 posts, did I miss much or has it all been Sigmar gags for weeks?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lungboy posted:

I've not read this thread for 3000 posts, did I miss much or has it all been Sigmar gags for weeks?

Right now we're making fun of the Stormsurge because it can't go out during storms.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Mango Polo posted:

Right now we're making fun of the Stormsurge because it can't go out during storms.

Theres draimholes and tau tech is waterproof.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Now here's a funny coincidence. At the same time as I've just bought an epub copy of WD that is utterly unreadable with the most populard ebook readers on a standard Asus Android tablet, GW have released their WD app to let you buy and read the magazine. It's almost as if they wanted to force people on to their own piracy-free reader. Oh and I can't load the poo poo copy I've just bought into that app. Seems you can only read what you buy in it.

Cunts.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Theres draimholes and tau tech is waterproof.

So that's why there's two of them in the cockpit. One to control the whole machine, one with a bucket ready to spring into action.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I've been trying to figure out how to read the AoS Primer they gave away for free on my tablet for a while, since I theoretically would like to get their digital-only publications at some point... but it's formatted just as poo poo as that WD. I was hoping that eventually I might find an app that would work, but I think I won't. Which makes me wonder what their digital codexes and novels are like. Do people only buy the ipad or kindle versions?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Until this issue I'd never ever had a problem with reading the actual WD epubs. Which is why I'm so suspicious of the timing of that closed WD app.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

thegodofchuck posted:

I've been trying to figure out how to read the AoS Primer they gave away for free on my tablet for a while, since I theoretically would like to get their digital-only publications at some point... but it's formatted just as poo poo as that WD. I was hoping that eventually I might find an app that would work, but I think I won't. Which makes me wonder what their digital codexes and novels are like. Do people only buy the ipad or kindle versions?

My experience with the Black Legion epub book was loving awful. Loads slowly, formatted like poo poo. Ended up just getting the pdf and using that

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Bought a ton of warhams second hand this weekend

Among this, there was this Armageddon Pattern Basilisk,

Which was in a sorry state. It's missing a single bit, which is the partner to: I was wondering if anyone has any idea if i can get this loose from forgeworld, or if i have to delve into the underworld of recasters.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
why

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Oh good BL is back

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
are you loving kidding me how the hell did i think this was the death thread,

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

are you loving kidding me how the hell did i think this was the death thread,

Because all the threads sort of blend together?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Because we're all the death thread

Woh.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Because it's a thread about a dying game

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AgentF posted:

Because it's a thread about a dying game

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

Because all the threads sort of blend together?

There is no good thread.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

There is no good thread.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Magnetizing Sons of Horus Reaver Squads is loving painful. All those spikes.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Frobbe posted:

Bought a ton of warhams second hand this weekend

Among this, there was this Armageddon Pattern Basilisk,

Which was in a sorry state. It's missing a single bit, which is the partner to: I was wondering if anyone has any idea if i can get this loose from forgeworld, or if i have to delve into the underworld of recasters.

So, should i repost this and hope Broken loose remembers which thread he's lurking? (Why do you even bother reading these threads man)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Frobbe posted:

So, should i repost this and hope Broken loose remembers which thread he's lurking? (Why do you even bother reading these threads man)
Who gives a poo poo about BL

I'd look into trying to make a press mold of that bit or finding the Basilisk gun assembly from a standard Basilisk kit. Unfortunately I'm not seeing many Basilisk bits on eBay though.

That being said, it's behind the big enclosed gunshield - would it even be visable? If you can't see it you might as well just jury rig something up.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

I'd look into trying to make a press mold of that bit or finding the Basilisk gun assembly from a standard Basilisk kit. Unfortunately I'm not seeing many Basilisk bits on eBay though.

Yeah that's a pass for recasting imo, see the Miniatures Painting thread OP for info on molding an casting.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SRM posted:

Yeah, that color scheme rules. I've painted a sizeable Ultramarines army in that scheme:

I adore the old 2nd ed paint schemes. They're gaudy and cartoony but so is this silly game.

Your work is amazing to see as ever. One thing I'd be quite curious to see though would be a 2e style colour scheme on a grimdark 'modern' battlefield with muddy bases, dirty weathered armour and stuff. I think it could look awesome.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uh.. I may have the bit. I tore apart a basilisk years ago.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
At least it was second hand, if you have to have WG models that's the best way to do it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ineptmule posted:

Your work is amazing to see as ever. One thing I'd be quite curious to see though would be a 2e style colour scheme on a grimdark 'modern' battlefield with muddy bases, dirty weathered armour and stuff. I think it could look awesome.

You can kind of find something similar back in Rogue Trader, when the models were goofy and the colorschemes were often fairly bright, but they still had a lot of historical wargaming realistic influences and 80s grittiness. I'd love to see more people do that sorta stuff though.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'd quite like to do a 2nd Ed scheme with the modern miniatures, on modern style bases.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Shockeh posted:

I'd quite like to do a 2nd Ed scheme with the modern miniatures, on modern style bases.
I've had an inkling to do my Horus Heresy Ultramarines in retro style but I think the joke would wear off long before I got to Guilliman.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If I had more 2nd edition plague marines I'd be all over that. Still trying to get that dang power fist guy.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh.. I may have the bit. I tore apart a basilisk years ago.

Send me a PM? Send you a PM? My local astropath got eaten by the warp

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Frobbe posted:

Send me a PM? Send you a PM? My local astropath got eaten by the warp

Just send me a pm and I'll dig through the vehicle box tonight. I should be hosting a pair of hams for a game of HH and I'll have the time.

With the picture of the bit you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

LingcodKilla posted:

Just send me a pm and I'll dig through the vehicle box tonight. I should be hosting a pair of hams for a game of HH and I'll have the time.

With the picture of the bit you need.

Going to have my oath done in a couple days and really looking hit my backlog of models. What is the best way to strip vehicles?

Also, suggestions on how paint bases to look like white marble?

• Locked thread