Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

zeroprime posted:

But there hasn't been any confirmation that the shooter asked anyone that.

I'm pretty sure this is recycled from Columbine, at least.

edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassie_Bernall

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Do you believe in God?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It would be really weird to find oneself as the subject of effusive praise by right-wingers because you happen to be a useful political prop for whatever dumb point they're trying to make that day.

It's still weird to see that poo poo with Vilerat. I hope it's always unsettling, because it means I haven't become number entirely to the insanity of it.

RIP Vilerat. :(

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 4, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You don't have to read all of this. What set me off was how much effort this guy was willing to put into being a pro-gun rights defender. Like, at least LeJackal's posts don't go over a couple of lines.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mo_Steel posted:

RIP Vilerat :(

If there is some sort of afterlife after all then be assured Vilerat is certainly laughing his rear end off over the legacy of Benghazi.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Guavanaut posted:

And then the next day they turn on you because you're not the 100% perfect conservative that they have in their minds. Which is difficult because it varies wildly across them, but as soon as you fail on one point it cascades.
I mean, someone wakes up and they're the hero of the Tea Party or something...whether they want to or not.

Like, who knows whether that guy actually cares about not being invited to the White House, or cares about clock kid. Maybe he thinks clock kid is cool and it's good that he was invited to the White House. But none of that matters, because someone wanted to use him to try and make a political point. Maybe he agrees. But I really, really doubt that anyone checked with him.

Please stop politicizing literally everything :(

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 4, 2015

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

VideoTapir posted:

I'm pretty sure this is recycled from Columbine, at least.

edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassie_Bernall

The funny thing is, that exchange never occurred, so they're recycling a debunked myth.

7 Myths about the Columbine Shooting posted:

Myth #6: Cassie Bernall was martyred for her faith in God.

Truth: According to the eyewitness under the table with her, Cassie was shot when Eric poked his shotgun under the table and said, “Peekaboo.” The 911 tape verifies this testimony.

The martyr story arose from the testimony from another student in the library, Craig Scott (brother to victim, Rachel Scott), who recounted a conversation that took place across the room. Valeen Schnurr was the one who actually professed her faith in God, and this took place after she was shot. As she lay bleeding, she prayed, “Oh my God, don’t let me die.” Dylan turned around and asked her, “God? Do you believe in God?” Valeen said, “Yes, I believe in God.” When the killer asked why, she replied, “Because it’s how my parents raised me.”

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Now, I may be mistaken, but I believe that the tradition is for the President to visit the hero, not the other way around.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Especially when the hero is still very seriously injured in the hospital, I'd say.

"DRAG HIM FROM HIS BED, TEAR HIS MACHINES AWAY, HE MUST COME TO THE PRESIDENT" ~ the respectful leader

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

It would be really weird to find oneself as the subject of effusive praise by right-wingers because you happen to be a useful political prop for whatever dumb point they're trying to make that day.

You of all people should know how that feels.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I mean, someone wakes up and they're the hero of the Tea Party or something...whether they want to or not.

Like, who knows whether that guy actually cares about not being invited to the White House, or cares about clock kid. Maybe he thinks clock kid is cool and it's good that he was invited to the White House. But none of that matters, because someone wanted to use him to try and make a political point. Maybe he agrees. But I really, really doubt that anyone checked with him.

Please stop politicizing literally everything :(

It looks like Chris Mintz wasn't particularly interested in getting a spotlight for himself. :unsmith:

quote:

Ms. Skinner said that Mr. Mintz was recently approached by a company seeking a sponsorship, having seen him on Instagram.

She said she spoke to him Thursday night. He was worried about paying his medical bills, but was glad to be alive. She said she, too, was approached about having him appear on television programs, including “Good Morning America” and “Ellen.” He was not interested until she suggested that he speak about what it was like to be the parent of an autistic child.

“You have a forum here,” Ms. Skinner said she told him. “Use it.”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

You don't have to read all of this. What set me off was how much effort this guy was willing to put into being a pro-gun rights defender. Like, at least LeJackal's posts don't go over a couple of lines.

I stopped when he said as a Libertarian he believes in states' rights to ban abortion and gays.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
He seems to be arguing in good faith though. He comes off way better than the overwhelming majority of the crazies in this thread. Like some of his proposals are honestly pretty reasonable and would do a lot to improve gun control in America.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Bast Relief posted:

I never talk about gun control at work, but I'm sure it's obvious I'm pretty left on other topics that I have a better handle on. Anyway, I have a new colleague who announced that he was a libertarian because he thought "both sides are too extreme". Last week at lunch, apropos of nothing, he asked me if I had a gun in my house. I think maybe he was having a gun control conversation with someone else at the table that I wasn't aware of, but I seriously don't recall. Anyway, no, I don't have a gun. He then proceeded to fantasize about breaking into my house and killing me. I asked him why the hell he'd break into my house. Then he started fantasizing about me breaking into his house and him killing me before I could steal anything. I told him I don't want his stuff.
I think there was some sort of allegorical thing he was trying to demonstrate to everyone, but not being particularly articulate, he didn't realize how loving creepy he was being.

Firearms owners that I've conversed with range from regular gun enthusiasts to people who wear a thin veneer of civilization and the only reason they haven't cracked open my skull and feasted on the gooey innards is because police still exist.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This is my cousin Chris P. Bacon. Chris is the oldest of 11 children. He's a socially awkward man child that at the age of 30 rips people for using welfare, however can't maintain a job long enough to get his own place so he lives in his parents basement. His family are all devout Catholics but he's the only one that posts on FB. Chris idolizes me for my military service and would love to do it himself, however he's fat and out of shape. He is your typical God, Gun and Government (but only a Republican one) kind of person. I wanted to invite him to come live with me a few years back but I realized he's too socially and financially unstable to be a good roommate. He's a two issue voter (guns and abortion) despite the fact that he will probably never impregnate a girl causing her to want to abort his seed and he also (due to his poor financial situation) does not own a single gun. I may sound like I don't love the guy, I do, for the most part he's a good person. He's just very hypocritical and when I've pointed that out in the past he moves the goalpost or attempts to flip it around on me.

For anyone that cares here is a link to the article in the first image http://tinyurl.com/pc9cyrj

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 4, 2015

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah, I like shooting targets, but the main reasons I don't advertise that I have a gun (like some people love to do) is I don't want someone stealing it, and I really don't want to be lumped in with those kind of gun owners.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know these teachers they want to arm are the lazy unionists forcing god out of the classroom. (Abortionists)

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

How are u posted:

If there is some sort of afterlife after all then be assured Vilerat is certainly laughing his rear end off over the legacy of Benghazi.

Vilerat died so that this thread may live. Press "submit reply" to pay respects :angel:

(this thread is almost unreadable because of all the Benghazi stuff and how what happened ignores that people actually died in favor of using the events to sabotage the political career of someone who doesn't even hold elected office right now)

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

For anyone that cares here is a link to the article in the first image http://tinyurl.com/pc9cyrj

It would be a budget buster.

Wait, hold on, I have a solution!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

SalTheBard posted:

Yup, crimes are never committed by angry staff members.

I did some observations at a middle school for no more than a week during college and there were so many teachers on edge I couldn't possibly imagine one with a firearm.

I'm not saying they would shoot the kids, mind you, but giving them something to kill others with probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

Besides, I thought these were the kind of people who didn't trust teachers anyway, so why would they start arming them?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

KillerJunglist posted:

I did some observations at a middle school for no more than a week during college and there were so many teachers on edge I couldn't possibly imagine one with a firearm.

I'm not saying they would shoot the kids, mind you, but giving them something to kill others with probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

Besides, I thought these were the kind of people who didn't trust teachers anyway, so why would they start arming them?

Let's not forget the creepy teachers. You want to give them MORE leverage?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Arglebargle III posted:

You know these teachers they want to arm are the lazy unionists forcing god out of the classroom. (Abortionists)

Union thugs!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Usually my aunt is pretty quiet on Facebook but every so often she'll share something crazy.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
What if the majority of teachers simply don't want to deal with guns? Will they be required to carry in order to maintain the peace? Will their unions be taken as seriously as police unions?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Twelve by Pies posted:

Usually my aunt is pretty quiet on Facebook but every so often she'll share something crazy.

Followed that website: http://www.americasecedeordie.com

It's a 50 minute video about how the Papists and Obama are concealing important Biblical prophecies that foretell the 2nd coming on 1/1/2017.

Purestrain millenialism. Fun stuff.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

KillerJunglist posted:

Also if any of them end up poorly secured or left loaded (which certainly would happen), that means there's a gun sitting right there in the room somewhere if a kid decides to go crazy.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Zerilan posted:

Also if any of them end up poorly secured or left loaded (which certainly would happen), that means there's a gun sitting right there in the room somewhere if a kid decides to go crazy.

The answer is clearly more guns and tactical equipment for teachers.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

size1one posted:

The answer is clearly more guns and tactical equipment for teachers.

Of the mass shootings since Columbine, how many of them were performed by people who actually had criminal records and couldn't get a firearm vs those that didn't or were able to due to bureaucratic hurdles?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Today I learned that Chicago is a state.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

V-Men posted:

Firearms owners that I've conversed with range from regular gun enthusiasts to people who wear a thin veneer of civilization and the only reason they haven't cracked open my skull and feasted on the gooey innards is because police still exist.

I get that impression from the very vocal gun owners and it's scary. The individual I was telling the story about, as I've gotten to know him, has short man's syndrome and possibly a small penis judging by an innapropriate conversation he jumped into with two female colleagues. He is constantly cracking jokes about his male superiority while toeing the line of being discriminatory or harassing. I think he's very aware that in reality, any one of us, male or female, could kick his rear end in hand to hand combat so he's compelled to constantly assert himself as powerful, nevermind in our adult milieu, there is no relevancy as no one is going to be kicking anyone's rear end.

Anyway, I can't imagine yet another loving thing you'd have to be trained in is armed combat as a teacher. Jesus Christ, when do teachers get to just, you know, teach? All high schools I've worked at have an SRO officer who is armed. That's enough.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

De Nomolos posted:

Followed that website: http://www.americasecedeordie.com

It's a 50 minute video about how the Papists and Obama are concealing important Biblical prophecies that foretell the 2nd coming on 1/1/2017.

Purestrain millenialism. Fun stuff.

Are all these sites done by the same people? They get on Drudge fairly often and it's always the same setup with an auto-starting video in the center and a bunch of bullshit around it.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I believe it's called Reaganing.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!

If that's treason, then disenfranchising Americans should be even more so, right?

That sounds sort of like what HP did to Carly Fiorina, though I doubt a member of Congress would get as large of a golden parachute.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I don't remember seeing this idiocy posted here, or in the IOSM thread over on PYF:

Found it on my facebook.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
What are the extremely pissed off right wingers extremely pissed off about this week? If you guess Guns and Obama not necessarily in that order, you are right.

I don't always hope for a bad thing to happen but when it does I try to prevent it from happening.
IDIOT

Better stock up on ammo, this dude gonna come after you with super edgy facebook posts.

uhhhhh, then I think your costume fundamentally misunderstands the year 1776

might as well make no laws ever. my spokesperson Forrest Gump thinks this is the intelligent thing to do.

wondering how he got all that weaponry if it was banned.

remember that knife attack in china the day after a gun massacre in the US?

:rolleyes: the occasional [regular?] civilian massacre is just the price we'll have to pay

Any day now, Iran will get the bomb and then they will be super sorry I stocked up on personal firearms

In their hurry to fellate Reagan's corpse they couldn't finish a proper sentence

ugh

alright then

[citation needed]

haven't heard about this, I'm sure there's some reason it's wrong and stupid

I seem to remember there was something Uncle Sam wants me to do...unless all the soldiers lost their jobs in the last macro :ohdear:

yuk yuk

there was an article with this but it's not really important

Simultaneously 12 months behind and 12 months ahead on your talking points

bored now

double bored

I'm too distracted by the architecture here to notice her leg, personally. Even if it weren't hiding behind the type.

Worst thing a person can be is a girl, obviously.

this was from the comments but it really drives the point home

God, stop talking about bad things that happen to black people, Al.

something something carrion animals

This isn't bad by itself I guess but who wants to think about what that soldier does for a living while eating breakfast

There's a college football joke here

:supaburn:

Gilead type christian theocracy though, that's totally cool and constitutional

Weather isn't climate, correct? Believing in climate change is for pussies?

verbs are verbing

gently caress you and gently caress Israel. That's all I got.

Oh and gently caress Netanhayu. Have I said gently caress Israel?

Who the gently caress said this? You're just making up poo poo to be angry about (the Conservative Story)

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

This is such a naive take on how business works (for better or worse) you can tell this was made up by a Gamestop Libertarian. Company's employ debt all the time as a means to achieve a goal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And there are constantly stories about CEO's loving poo poo up and not getting fired (or fired with a ton of cash).

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Defenestration posted:

Who the gently caress said this? You're just making up poo poo to be angry about (the Conservative Story)

It's always a HOA. Usually it's because you've got a neighborhood that has a fairly uniform look to it and then someone decides to paint their garage to look like a flag or put up a Car Dealership sized flagpole in their front yard.

The HOA pretty much always caves once it's in the news, too bad about your property values I guess.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Defenestration posted:

In their hurry to fellate Reagan's corpse they couldn't finish a proper sentence
Why I'm for the Brady Bill
By Ronald Reagan
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

:rolleyes: the occasional [regular?] civilian massacre is just the price we'll have to pay

Your response reminded me to lookup an old favorite: