Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
So, this may be a reach, but I'm watching this semi-obscure 80s exploitation film Ms. 45, and there's a scene where a homeless man finds a severed hand in a rubbish bin.

The resemblence is uncanny...

Is it possible that Doug didn't just put together a "generic homeless" costume, and was in fact inspired by a cult rape-revenge flick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I doubt it, both are pretty much what I'd put together if I were asked to make the most stereotypical bum costume.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I missed the discussion a page or so ago, but there's one thing to be annoyed with Brad's content: when he's not being The Snob, he has this annoying habit of laughing at his own jokes, immediately after making it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Jsor posted:

I doubt it, both are pretty much what I'd put together if I were asked to make the most stereotypical bum costume.

But why a trench coat?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Doug did 9/11

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

But why a trench coat?

Because the same tone-deaf bad taste that made him think that homelessness is funny or entertaining led him to throw a costume together from the back of his father's front-hall closet?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

But why a trench coat?

How else do you flash strangers in public?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mraagvpeine posted:

But why a trench coat?

Real homeless people generally wear heavier coats, but a trench coat is a pretty common semi-heavy coat, so if you have one lying around I can see using it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Doug was the Zodiac Killer

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I have shocking evidence that Doug was behind the Patreon Hack on my updog account.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have shocking evidence that Doug was behind the Patreon Hack on my updog account.

What's a dickfer?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Jack Gladney posted:

What's a dickfer?

The answer's under there.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Doug can't melt steel beams.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lornekates posted:

Doug can't melt steel beams.

I'm sure his screeching can vibrate steel beams enough to ruin their structural integrity.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
This thread is slowly turning into a gossip thread when it comes to doug. the guy is bad and got lucky to where he is (the feud with the nerd is why he still exist) but People are stretching thin on insults to the guy when there is ton to insult about. I mean there is that bum in back to the future with a trench coat and winter cap, it a stereotypical bum look. please let keep insulting him for missing the point all the time and very poor writing when it comes to his shows, since that is fact we know.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 4, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

This thread is slowly turning into a gossip thread when it comes to doug. the guy is bad and got lucky to where he is (the feud with the nerd is why he still exist) but People are stretching thin on insults to the guy when there is ton to insult about. I mean there is that bum in back to the future with a trench coat and winter cap, it a stereotypical bum look. please let keep insulting him for missing the point all the time and very poor writing when it comes to his shows, since that is fact we know.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cyron is right.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cyron is right.

Sorry for the grammer in that post, and my overall dickness to people in this thread over the year. I made a mistake for defending what is a hate group back in January just to defend a guy I barely watch for being neutral.

but there are far FAR worse internet personalities atm then Doug and it seem strange people are putting in effort to make poo poo up when it's not needed.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 4, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

So, this may be a reach, but I'm watching this semi-obscure 80s exploitation film Ms. 45, and there's a scene where a homeless man finds a severed hand in a rubbish bin.

The resemblence is uncanny...

Is it possible that Doug didn't just put together a "generic homeless" costume, and was in fact inspired by a cult rape-revenge flick?

It's amazing to me that in the entire process of

1) watching a "cult rape-revenge flick"
2) making the mental connection between it and an internet movie reviewer's skit character
3) that you talk about with people you've never met online
4) hunting down the exact video of this this character appears in
5) screencapping the movie
6) screencapping the video review
7) copy-pasting the images to this post
8) writing this post

your only thought was "Yeah, HE'S the weird one"

I completely acknowledge that there's a certain sense of irony to me making THIS post, but eh

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Cyron posted:

Yeah, I agree. lets bring it back on track with some actual content.

Errant Signal talks about the latest SimCity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRL8Srn01E8

Jim Sterling talks about the possible Voice Actor's Strike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BzDtjGyRRQ

Red letter Media posts A Half in The Bag for Everest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40Rr6-t1xk

And The Rolf Brothers begin their Monster Movie Madness: http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monstermadness9/

Edit: One other thing from jim Sterling. Digital Homicide is back int he news and OH BOY have they been buzy: http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/09/digital-homicide-and-the-case-of-the-sockpuppet-developers/

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 5, 2015

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

FirstAidKite posted:

So Lupa when are you gonna review this beauty

O.O That looks so terrible...

*watches the trailer* NO.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Sterling's been mocking their Greenlight stuff, too, mainly at fan behest. It's p. good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

New Previously Recorded, in which Jack and Rich completely miss the point of MGSV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUytlAKC9Rg

I like the Red Letter Media guys, but they can be very narrow-minded when it comes to reviewing games. I really hated the video they did on Shovel Knight, where all they could talk about was "its good but 's it only good because of nostalgia?" but never said anything about the actual design of the game, or the creative things it does with the established NES tropes, or even how it subverts certain parts of the NES tropes, or how it improves on the failings of NES games. They just couldn't look at it beyond that surface observation of "this is a modern game that uses NES graphics" and it was frustrating to hear them actually give the game a generally positive review but still manage to miss the point of everything that makes it a good game.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I really love how upset gamers get when people with just a little bit of experience with games talk about games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Miss Wallace posted:

O.O That looks so terrible...

*watches the trailer* NO.

I look forward to your review

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I haven't seen that movie since I was 4. I only ever got that movie cause I thought the cover looked cool, because I was 4. I don't even remember anything about the movie except that even as a kid I didn't care about it.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

I really love how upset gamers get when people with just a little bit of experience with games talk about games.

It's not dumb to think maybe someone should know about <x> in order to be able to make a review of <x> beyond "it is good" or "it is bad". Unless you also think Doug's movie reviews are just fine?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

I look forward to your review

It's more likely to be a Phelous review. He's the one who's been on a lovely kids movie kick for the last couple years.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Idran posted:

It's not dumb to think maybe someone should know about <x> in order to be able to make a review of <x> beyond "it is good" or "it is bad". Unless you also think Doug's movie reviews are just fine?

And given how much they talk and bothered to go ask RLM for permission and so on, this is more "Jontron declares Tetris to not be a real videogame since anyone can get into it" level of bad than "That scene on Charlie's Angels where you see two kids button mashing to a Final Fantasy 8 boss battle" level of bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People only finding joy in other people being slightly agitated need to stop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tae posted:

People only finding joy in other people being slightly agitated need to stop

????

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The documentary that Mike and Jay mentioned during the Everest Half in the Bag is pretty good. I get why they said it would make a good movie.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kunster posted:

And given how much they talk and bothered to go ask RLM for permission and so on, this is more "Jontron declares Tetris to not be a real videogame since anyone can get into it" level of bad than "That scene on Charlie's Angels where you see two kids button mashing to a Final Fantasy 8 boss battle" level of bad.

Was that Jontron? For some reason I remember it being Ego Raptor.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ego Raptor called it a game for girls (and therefore inferior). IDK if Jontron also dissed it.

They're probably just jealous they don't have super Tetris skills like my mom.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Puppy Time posted:

Oh man, is that a thing? Because mine is also a serious addict.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

It's been a while since I've actually played Tetris but...what? How is that a real belief? Maybe if The Onion started covering GamerGate stuff but...What? :psyduck:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think it came up when talking about mobile games not being real games, and in general well predated gamergate.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

I think it came up when talking about mobile games not being real games, and in general well predated gamergate.

That's another opinion that needs to loving die in a ditch. I never understood it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

e X posted:

Oh man, is that a thing? Because mine is also a serious addict.

Yeah it's a thing. Till my mother got so arthritic and my aunt aunt lost an arm they both owned face at Tetris. However the guys who play the Grand Master versions exist on another dimension though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Puppy Time posted:

Forget Zoe and Anita. I believe this is the real start of Gamergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Tracula posted:

Yeah it's a thing. Till my mother got so arthritic and my aunt aunt lost an arm they both owned face at Tetris. However the guys who play the Grand Master versions exist on another dimension though.

That's some hardcore tetris if she lost an arm.

• Locked thread