Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Haruhi?
This poll is closed.
Haruhi 23 15.23%
Yuki 21 13.91%
Mi-mi-miracle, Mikuru 15 9.93%
Tsuruya 20 13.25%
Ryoko 14 9.27%
Kyonko, the female version of Kyon 42 27.81%
Fujioka 16 10.60%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Tamako is cute and deserved a better show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked the guys who named their town Godland, but it was super militaristic

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Huh. Maybe not all nazis were supervillians or something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I've said this before, but this is why I prefer the movie's take on Souther to the manga's.

In the manga Kenshiro defeats him using an advanced technique designed to alleviate pain - to prove his mastery over his brother Toki's style - and Souther has this tearful spiritual reconnection with his deceased master (whose death is what brought about his descent into darkness), except it kinda falls flat because Souther's such an irredeemably vicious and arrogant dude that you can't quite buy his redemption through defeat.

In the movie Kenshiro defeats him in the same way but before the technique can take effect Souther just goes "NO ONE WILL DEFEAT THE EMPEROR" and kills himself, denying Kenshiro the chance to claim he bested him, which feels way more true to the character.

Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji has the best Souther (and leg stabbing kid) and I cannot loving wait for it to air.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

everythingWasBees posted:

It's ridiculously popular in Japan, so definitely not some obscure mobile game. Like near Puzzle and Dragon levels iirc.

They made a lot of money from overseas as well in the US apparently.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I'll never watch Clannad because those faces terrify me.

The mid 2000s era of "am i kawaii uguuuuuu" is the worst.

seriously who thought that uguu was a good idea

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I hope nobody's disappointed at the end of the week when it turns out the thread tag contest only has two entrants.

You should count the people who posted before, because they made good tags too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Battle Tendency is quite good, actually.

Never.
Watched.
Or.
Read.
Jojo.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Parallax posted:

Tamako is cute and deserved a better show.

tamako love story is good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

I don't think you 'get' moe

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Reds posted:

You suck

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

dogsicle posted:

i liked the guys who named their town Godland, but it was super militaristic
The Godland Arc is great because it's the first step towards realizing pressure points are magic and punching them in the right order can basically do anything.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm ill-inclined to humor people who can't follow simple instructions.

I think gotcha things like that are really lame, and disregarding the efforts of people because of a gotcha is double lame.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I can' t remember exactly where, but either in that arc or the one that follows, there's a guy Kenshiro forces to tell the truth by punching his truth-telling pressure points, after which he explodes anyway.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Droyer posted:

I don't think you 'get' moe

I don't and I'm quite happy about that. At least not the type where you make weird gurgling noises and call it moe. Clannad's faces are very off. I've been assured that the show is good but I just don't care for the art style. Mostly the faces.

I get the feeling I've just made an enemy of everybody in this thread.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I decided I don't care enough to read the rest of the posts. Hello everybody. How are your days/nights going?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I think gotcha things like that are really lame, and disregarding the efforts of people because of a gotcha is double lame.

He has a masters so it's understandable

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reds posted:

I don't and I'm quite happy about that. At least not the type where you make weird gurgling noises and call it moe. Clannad's faces are very off.

I respect your opinions.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You're getting Clannad and Kanon mixed up by the way.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who gush over moe are the loving worst.

Me?

I stick to sophisticated and nuanced masterpieces like School Idol Anime, Lesbian Coffee Show, Lesbian Cooking Show, Boring Countryside Show, and Dysfunctional Diner Show.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I decided I don't care enough to read the rest of the posts. Hello everybody. How are your days/nights going?
If you'd read a mere two posts more, you would've discovered I was kidding and had already nixed the rule.

The egg is now thoroughly on the other face, GorfZaplen.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sorry that's not human

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the most subtle masterpiece of the times, Stripping Sword Fighters Show.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

I don't and I'm quite happy about that. At least not the type where you make weird gurgling noises and call it moe. Clannad's faces are very off. I've been assured that the show is good but I just don't care for the art style. Mostly the faces.

You're free to hold whatever opinions you please, but the way you say things rubs me (and i imagine some other people here) the wrong way

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The Godland Arc is great because it's the first step towards realizing pressure points are magic and punching them in the right order can basically do anything.

yeah at this point he's done so much with them i forgot where it began. healing, variable time death, sensory deprivation, forcing people to speak the truth, controlling people etc :aaaaa:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I respect your opinions.

And I respect yours/everybody else's. Even if they have poo poo taste. I don't get people when they get genuinely upset/butthurt over people liking or not liking things.

oh gently caress i probably sound like i'm accusing people of getting upset poo poo poo poo poo poo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That said, for the record, I don't consider plainly spelled-out instructions to be a "Gatcha," but that's neither here nor there.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I've never seen this show but i've watched the op on youtube a bunch of times because it just seems so fun and happy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reds posted:

And I respect yours/everybody else's. Even if they have poo poo taste. I don't get people when they get genuinely upset/butthurt over people liking or not liking things.

I have long learned not to take offense on the Internet.

Unless someone says some really hosed up poo poo like "I like mushrooms" or "Bleach is a good manga".

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lesbian Coffee Show, Lesbian Cooking Show, Dysfunctional Diner Show.

Names, is there a good manga, where can i stream then

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

oh gently caress i probably sound like i'm accusing people of getting upset poo poo poo poo poo poo

:agreed:

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Droyer posted:

You're free to hold whatever opinions you please, but the way you say things rubs me (and i imagine some other people here) the wrong way

Okay, sorry, I'll quit it. I don't like bothering people over stuff like this.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

That said, for the record, I don't consider plainly spelled-out instructions to be a "Gatcha," but that's neither here nor there.

Gatcha!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

If you'd read a mere two posts more, you would've discovered I was kidding and had already nixed the rule.

The egg is now thoroughly on the other face, GorfZaplen.

Argh!

Bad Seafood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I have long learned not to take offense on the Internet.

Unless someone says some really hosed up poo poo like "I like mushrooms" or "Bleach is a good manga".

Okay, senpai.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

Names, is there a good manga, where can i stream then

Is the Order a Rabbit, Shiawase Graffiti, Working!!

Crunchyroll has them all.

I think you might have already seen Working!! though?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Droyer posted:

I've never seen this show but i've watched the op on youtube a bunch of times because it just seems so fun and happy

9/10 of Tamako is high quality KyoAni stuff, 1/10 is not

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i don't care about Reds' opinions so much as how they seem really heated over a small thing and nobody is really talking about it. like moe exists and is not evil or terrible, but it's okay to dislike it. personally i hated Clannad and only got halfway in s1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I was gonna post a Gatchaman video!!!!

• Locked thread