Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly this is the cover for the upcoming Megadeth album.

I think someone's been playing a lot of Shadowrun lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shakenbaker posted:

I showed my friend and he got strong Tom Cruise Oblivion vibes from it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The hype for this Negura Bunget show tonight is exponentially increasing. I hope it's good.

Also that Megadeth skeleton guy is definitely wearing Raiden's eyepiece from Revengeance.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 4, 2015

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shakenbaker posted:

I'm pretty mad about liking that so much

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Faffel posted:

Megadeth skeleton guy
:cripes:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

man Megadeth is literally run by a fundamentalist christian who gives a poo poo

also I've listened to Megadeth since I was a kid and never knew their mascot even had a name because I'm a cool guy who isn't a NERD

e: he's probably not fundamentalist but hyperbole rules

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Faffel posted:

The hype for this Negura Bunget show tonight is exponentially increasing. I hope it's good.
Who's even in that band these days, haven't they had the whole line up except for one guy leave like twice now?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I don't know. I'm too lazy to nerd about bands.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

A human heart posted:

Who's even in that band these days, haven't they had the whole line up except for one guy leave like twice now?

The American tour lineup is the drummer and bassist, plus two of the guys from Dynfari, with the rest coming from an iPad.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Well that sounds kinda boring

I hope grimegod are interesting

Faffel fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 5, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Faffel posted:

I don't know. I'm too lazy to nerd about bands.

They aren't worth the effort anyways. Listen to cool tunes and maybe buy the album and call it good.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Vulture Culture posted:

Thanks whoever posted that Immortal Bird album a few days ago, I can't turn this off

It's a pretty killer album.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Giblet Plus! posted:

Is anyone talking about the new faceless song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Zj9LpJK8Y

Jesus christ that guitar tone is loving awful.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jesus christ that guitar tone is loving awful.

AXE FX FOR THE WIN!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
that's one half-level above devin townsend's guitar tone on "vampira"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shakenbaker posted:

~ Hanzo Steel ~

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some sad news, Satyr from Satyricon has a brain tumour. :(

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/satyricon-frontman-diagnosed-with-brain-tumor

quote:

I'm going home. I got extremely sick 8 days ago and was rushed to hospital. Scans have shown that there is a blind passenger in my head. Most likely it is benign. I can live with it as long as it does not grow bigger. Removing it is extremely complicated and should only be done if it grows into a size where it is a matter of life and death. We all get our set of cards and this happened to be one of mine. There are so many people who have to deal with much worse things than I do, so I do not feel sorry for myself. I have a great family, lots of friends, Satyricon, Wongraven Wines and many people who support my endeavours all over the world. I will spend the next two weeks trying to get my strength back, then try to starting writing on the new Satyricon again and pick up where I left on all my wine projects.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

poo poo that's awful. I gotta say though I can't imagine a better attitude going into something like that. Hopefully it works out.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Abbath covering "Warriors" by "I" ( never heard this before ). As usual Abbath can do no wrong, this is a killer song ( or killer cover, anyway ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-0ey4kchc

Unrelated, I saw Overkill/Symphony X and well, it was awesome and lovely. I went to see Symphony X which were the poo poo part because Russell Allen despite being an amazing vocalist just ruined it for me with his stage presence. Someone else mentioned his "Dad rock" vibe and it was in full force. He's up there gyrating and caressing the microphone in his shiny shirt open to his gut, sunglasses and gold chains, thrusting totally out of context with the songs. It's like he imagines there's a whole bunch of MILF's in the crowd he's trying to thrust his hips at only the place was full of fat sweaty dudes. Maybe that's his thing, I don't know or care but it just totally ruined it. I wanted to see them rocking out, not a dude in the middle of a mid-life crisis. The only time it was good was when he put on the stupid harlequin mask when they did Serpent's Kiss because at least he did a good job of portraying the character. His vocals were on point though, and the rest of the band were absolutely consumate musicians, I mean they hit every single note perfectly in time like a well oiled machine. Michael Romeo is fat and old now though and I suspect this may be the last tour before he has a heart attack. :(

Overkill were amazing though, I'd never even heard of them before and the vocals are...not my taste but they put on a loving show. Pretty sure every 20 seconds at least one band member was running to the back to snort a line of coke because one of them always came back quickly wiping their nose. :catdrugs:

The merch table was depressing, like they didn't even bother. 1 Vinyl, 1 beanie, 1 cd, $2 for an ( unsigned ) poster.

These days I don't buy or wear metal shirts so I'm always hoping for something stupid as a memento, like a belt buckle I'll never use or a pair of gym shorts ( Wintersun had these, incredible ), a flask, poo poo ANYTHING other than vinyl/cd's I already have.

TollTheHounds fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 5, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TollTheHounds posted:

Abbath covering "Warriors" by "I" ( never heard this before ). As usual Abbath can do no wrong, this is a killer song ( or killer cover, anyway ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-0ey4kchc
Not terribly different from the original... which isn't that surprising since Abbath made it afaik. :v:
I - Between Two Worlds is a pretty rad album, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6UnCW1g0pI

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I saw King Parrot last night in a little bar and the vocalist snatched a dude's phone and shoved it up his butt before returning it, quite stained. That was something.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TollTheHounds posted:

Overkill were amazing though, I'd never even heard of them before and the vocals are...not my taste but they put on a loving show. Pretty sure every 20 seconds at least one band member was running to the back to snort a line of coke because one of them always came back quickly wiping their nose. :catdrugs:

The merch table was depressing, like they didn't even bother. 1 Vinyl, 1 beanie, 1 cd, $2 for an ( unsigned ) poster.

These days I don't buy or wear metal shirts so I'm always hoping for something stupid as a memento, like a belt buckle I'll never use or a pair of gym shorts ( Wintersun had these, incredible ), a flask, poo poo ANYTHING other than vinyl/cd's I already have.
My dude how have you not even heard of Overkill

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TollTheHounds posted:

I'd never even heard of them before and the vocals are...not my taste but they put on a loving show.
Yeah, Bobby Ellsworth is an acquired taste. I really like his vocal style, though. It's a pretty unique, shrill snarl. Makes Overkill for me.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Henchman of Santa posted:

My dude how have you not even heard of Overkill

I didn't get into Metal in general until the early 90's and even then it was really only melodic black metal/death metal or Pantera. I had a distinct dislike for basically anything else until I started branching out in the late 90s and even then always had a real hate on for 80's thrash - I really wouldn't have liked the vocalist then and still don't now. I mean their live show won me over to their live shows, they just looked like they were happy to be there having fun and still touring and kicking rear end, but I just can't listen to any of their albums ( I've been trying since seeing them ).

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Love Overkill, I've seen them a few times. First time one of the opening bands for Megadeth, latest time they got to headline, which is nice. They're the best.

And thanks for all the badass recommendations earlier folks!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Embrace Overkill. Love Overkill.

Overkill, SEALS YOUR FATE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_x2rwublXE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also consider this - the below video is from nearly 30 loving years ago and Blitz sounds just as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_FoneIOcA

What a goddamn loving band.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I saw King Parrot last night in a little bar and the vocalist snatched a dude's phone and shoved it up his butt before returning it, quite stained. That was something.

Matt Young is the best. Was this the show that Cattle Decapitation dropped off of at the last minute? I was gonna go but driving to Fredrick and being broke plus no Cattle Decap sealed the deal. I've heard good things about Black Crown Initiate, how were they?

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
So... Goatlord's old guitarist murdered his neighbor and her 8 year old kid, and then shot himself.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/shooters-neighbors-knew-he-was-planning-something

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What are some of the better Exodus albums? I just started getting into them and have basically just had their whole disocgraphy on shuffle, but am enjoying a handful of songs off Tempo of the Damned and Shovel-Headed Kill Machine.

Their Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap cover owns as well :v:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What are some of the better Exodus albums? I just started getting into them and have basically just had their whole disocgraphy on shuffle, but am enjoying a handful of songs off Tempo of the Damned and Shovel-Headed Kill Machine.

Bonded by Blood is almost the GOAT thrash album. Fabulous Disaster and Pleasures of the Flesh are good. After that I don't give a poo poo about them.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I cannot preach Fabulous Disaster enough. One of my top 5 albums ever. Beyond that, try Bonded By Blood, Impact Is Imminent, and Blood In, Blood Out.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Nordick posted:

Not terribly different from the original... which isn't that surprising since Abbath made it afaik. :v:
I - Between Two Worlds is a pretty rad album, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6UnCW1g0pI

Just listened to this and holy poo poo. That chorus riff tone is loving amazing - and both albums are on Google music! It's like a more rock and roll Immortal, Abbath!! :black101:

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Monkeytime posted:

Matt Young is the best. Was this the show that Cattle Decapitation dropped off of at the last minute? I was gonna go but driving to Fredrick and being broke plus no Cattle Decap sealed the deal. I've heard good things about Black Crown Initiate, how were they?

It was that very show! I've seen Cattle a ton so I wasn't too bummed; we were going for King Parrot anyhow. Black Crown and Dark Sermon both won me over with their performances/energy and I was pretty ehhhh on them before. Matt Young pelted me with multiple water bottles and forcibly washed corpse paint off a few people. It was a blast.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
How much did the song Demon's Gate by Candlemass influence Iced Earth?

I'm guessing a lot because they sound very much alike.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I finally gave that Party Cannon a spin instead of writing it off. It's actually pretty damned good. It's stupid as hell, but it's a lot like early Skinless mixed with Cannabis Corpse. So yeah, stupid but fun.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

How much did the song Demon's Gate by Candlemass influence Iced Earth?

I'm guessing a lot because they sound very much alike.

Im not a guitar guy but I don't hear the Iced Earth riff style they use in every song on demons gate. Although the vocals are similar.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

ElectricWizard posted:

So... Goatlord's old guitarist murdered his neighbor and her 8 year old kid, and then shot himself.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/shooters-neighbors-knew-he-was-planning-something

Goatlord was really good, this is a bit less so.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

nerve posted:

Metal Threat Fest in Chicago just announced another band today putting the fest at

Abigail
Absu
At War
Bulldozer
Destructor
Exciter
Inquisition

with 8 more to be announced. Sooo glad I'm close.

Kommandant
Moros Nyx
and Razor have been added since I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Honestly I'm in just for Absu and Inquisition. Don't know how I was unaware of this. Was that the thing Nuclear Assault headlined this summer?