Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Roid666 posted:

Cleared the list. Try again quick ☺

I noticed. Applied, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

Probably. The whole set up for the game hinges on one of the coolest parts of the story, and you immediately get an ingame email that pretty much sums up the first third of the plot.

Thanks. Hope the film is worth it, too.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Applied for the KMA guild as mrbuggo.

How is the Dragon Quest IV port? I played the NES ROM translation years ago and I want to get turnt up with Tornico again.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Applied to KMA guild as Blackchamber

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
KMA question - To get the set items is it just a case of grinding the relevant level? I've had 2 drop from the first section but can't get the others even after doing one level more than 10 times. Am I missing something, or just being hosed by the RNG (again)

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yup all of them apart from the rifle are a random drop I think (assuming you complete the level fast enough to get the 3 stars). The rifle is a monsterpedia completion reward (so encounter this monster x times).

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Cool, thanks. I think I'll persevere as I'm hitting a bit of a wall anyway. Probably as I didn't see the defence tab when upgrading my dude, so I have gently caress all HP, though the game is nice enough to tell me that I need more HP every time I die

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
I understand there is a Kill Me Again guild. My name is CanisSA, looking to get in!

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Ironsolid posted:

I understand there is a Kill Me Again guild. My name is CanisSA, looking to get in!

You need to do the first levels until the button marked "beta" on the main screen is accessible. Then, just search "goons" and apply

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
So I've been playing The Martian game since I really like both the movie and the book. I think its a got some potential; one thing I like is the light problem solving they've implemented. Usually it involves searching for the answer in one of the many emails sent to you in the game but a few times I've actually had to Google answers to solutions they don't provide (such as finding out the percentage of oxygen to hydrogen to prevent a potential fire). Plotwise, so far there's been a quite a few scenes from the book that didn't make it into the movie, but they've moved them around chronologically for the purposes of the game I assume.

The game is a little buggy though; I've had dialogue boxes and emails with important stuff not show up until I exited and restart, and I've had a major issue where I couldn't rewind or restart the story after my negligence lead to Watney blowing himself up. It also suffers from the pacing of Lifeline (which I haven't played) where everything plays out in real time and Watney will just gently caress off for hours on end. Luckily it appears the game doesn't move forward when its time for you to go back and make a decision, so I haven't seen him suffer from me forgetting to check in. Well, not yet anyway.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

You need to do the first levels until the button marked "beta" on the main screen is accessible. Then, just search "goons" and apply

Thanks a lot!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is anyone still playing dungeon boss? I'm about to hit level 41 and I'm looking to build more varied teams and I'm wondering if anyone has experimented outside of the go-to tsume, nub nub, stonefist set up.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Applied to the KMA goon guild as Suntan Boy. This is a weird game.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Applied to KMA as Geektox.

also, what's the best football manager game on Android, there's like a million of em

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

So I've been playing The Martian game since I really like both the movie and the book. I think its a got some potential; one thing I like is the light problem solving they've implemented. Usually it involves searching for the answer in one of the many emails sent to you in the game but a few times I've actually had to Google answers to solutions they don't provide (such as finding out the percentage of oxygen to hydrogen to prevent a potential fire). Plotwise, so far there's been a quite a few scenes from the book that didn't make it into the movie, but they've moved them around chronologically for the purposes of the game I assume.

The game is a little buggy though; I've had dialogue boxes and emails with important stuff not show up until I exited and restart, and I've had a major issue where I couldn't rewind or restart the story after my negligence lead to Watney blowing himself up. It also suffers from the pacing of Lifeline (which I haven't played) where everything plays out in real time and Watney will just gently caress off for hours on end. Luckily it appears the game doesn't move forward when its time for you to go back and make a decision, so I haven't seen him suffer from me forgetting to check in. Well, not yet anyway.

Was playing last night. He asked what to do in a situation. Baby started crying so I put the phone down. 30 min later I come back and hes dead. Wish there was a pause button or something.

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Applied kma as jackchaos!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Poking around online, it looks like the devs for The Guides are working on the next area of the game. You can see a screenshot on their accounts.

I also found a cool little puzzle game called Plock It. It's a bit like taking a marble labyrinth and Jenga and putting them in the blender. It has a silly energy system, but it has minimal permissions and I haven't seen any ads after about 20 minutes. It seems like each set of ten levels is gated, where you need to have earned enough total "stars" to unlock them (each level awards you 1-3 stars based on your performance). I just finished level 20 and to unlock the next 10 levels, I need to go back and get 3 more stars, or I can pay $1.00 US for it.

The game advertises 40 levels, but I noticed a couple reviews on the Play page saying there is a level 46, so on that point :iiam:. Levels 1 through 19 were pretty easy for me, with level #20 being a bit of a step up (and/or I'm just bad at it).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Apparently AdVenture Capitalist's ad system broke horribly. If you play it and have anything less than an unlimited connection, :siren: CHECK YOUR DATA NOW :siren:

(from reddit)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Niton posted:

Apparently AdVenture Capitalist's ad system broke horribly. If you play it and have anything less than an unlimited connection, :siren: CHECK YOUR DATA NOW :siren:

(from reddit)

I only play it over WiFi, and I almost never enable data, so I'm good. But thanks for the heads up.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I got a bug up my rear end to play Plants vs Zombies 2 for the first time since it came out. I remember being turned off by all of the f2p bullshit, but time has treated this game well.

I'm pretty sure that most of the original f2p poo poo is still there, but in the time since I played it last, free games have gotten so ridiculous that I'm finding myself amazed by how great and nonrestricted it is. As far as I can tell, some plants are still cash only (you can't even buy them with premium gems) but other than that, there is no stamina system, paid powerups are optional, and it's been a good time.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Was playing last night. He asked what to do in a situation. Baby started crying so I put the phone down. 30 min later I come back and hes dead. Wish there was a pause button or something.

Yeah, sometimes there will be an emergency situation where you'll need to make a snap decision but the game won't suspend itself until he dies or you correctly take care of it. You get very little warning and I think the game could have done a better job with letting you know how important the situation is (aside from all the panicked communications of course).

Anyway, in other news yet again there's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Deep Under the Sky
Botanicula
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Jelly Defense (BTA)
Dark Echo (BTA)
Fearless Fantasy (BTA)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Niton posted:

(from reddit)

the game is about making numbers get bigger, you know

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Applied for the KMA guild as mrbuggo.

How is the Dragon Quest IV port? I played the NES ROM translation years ago and I want to get turnt up with Tornico again.

It was absolutely fantastic. The music is perfect and wonderful. The new translation actually gives everyone a flavor of separate cultures, and the most insane part is that there is a secret ending that wraps things up in a really wonderful way. DQ4 is one of my all time favorite RPGs, and the Android version is really excellent.

Also, you can talk to your party members all through the game, and they will comment on the places and events you have experienced which adds a whole other dimension of goodness.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Zorblack posted:

It was absolutely fantastic. The music is perfect and wonderful. The new translation actually gives everyone a flavor of separate cultures, and the most insane part is that there is a secret ending that wraps things up in a really wonderful way. DQ4 is one of my all time favorite RPGs, and the Android version is really excellent.

Also, you can talk to your party members all through the game, and they will comment on the places and events you have experienced which adds a whole other dimension of goodness.

Does it have the usual Squenix "Please use only version X.Y.Z of Android AND NOTHING ELSE EVEN ONE SUB-VERSION NEWER OR OLDER" problem?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Is that even a problem still? Final Fantasy 5 works on my Nexus 6 and 6.0 just came out today. Last update was start of August.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zotix posted:

Is anyone still playing dungeon boss? I'm about to hit level 41 and I'm looking to build more varied teams and I'm wondering if anyone has experimented outside of the go-to tsume, nub nub, stonefist set up.

I have been running lady nim, tsume, masuta kira and nub nub.

Lady is a beast. I'm only lvl 28 tho, so I don't know if you need a tank later on or not.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

At 35 I use Lady Nim, Tsume, the green archer lady and the dark ninja guy. I use the blue sumo wrestler in place of the ninja for defense in arena.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

DemonMage posted:

At 35 I use Lady Nim, Tsume, the green archer lady and the dark ninja guy. I use the blue sumo wrestler in place of the ninja for defense in arena.

I use Nim, Tsume, and Nubnub mostly. Just got the blue Sumo guy but he sucks compared to stonefist? Seems to die really easy. Still feel like a real guide would rock but their forum is poo poo.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

His first skill hits the enemy team with Daze giving them a like 40% miss chance. He can still be alphaed by two Fast characters potentially but he's pretty potent.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Anyway, in other news yet again there's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Deep Under the Sky
Botanicula
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Jelly Defense (BTA)
Dark Echo (BTA)
Fearless Fantasy (BTA)

I have DUtS from an Amazon freebie. Any of the others standing out? Fearless Fantasy looks quirky.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The first Sonic the Hedgehog is super cheap (20c/0.10 euros) in Australia/Germany/UK.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Killmeagain
Applied to goons as Artelier

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum
KMA requested as HonestBob64.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

KMA chat:
What characters are you guys using? I started as hit woman cause hey, she's got a sword! I'm disliking her more and more though since her 4-3 combo rushes forward to attack with her sword. Sure it does good damage but I'm seeing more and more enemies that explode or do other poo poo if they're close. If the attack doesn't kill them, then I get electrocuted or frozen and some of them even do damage after they die like the explodey guys.

Any thoughts on how good the researcher and soldier are? It looks like you can share equipment except for the special melee weapons so I'd just have to grind up the levels and not the equipment again.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I didn't like the researcher, she seemed to have bad damage and not much to make up for it, but I didn't get real far. I got the impression from her specials that she was about heals and AE damage.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

KMA chat:
What characters are you guys using? I started as hit woman cause hey, she's got a sword! I'm disliking her more and more though since her 4-3 combo rushes forward to attack with her sword. Sure it does good damage but I'm seeing more and more enemies that explode or do other poo poo if they're close. If the attack doesn't kill them, then I get electrocuted or frozen and some of them even do damage after they die like the explodey guys.

Any thoughts on how good the researcher and soldier are? It looks like you can share equipment except for the special melee weapons so I'd just have to grind up the levels and not the equipment again.

I'm enjoying the soldier dude, but I haven't tried any others to compare though. I have noticed that pretty much every time I team up with a high level mercenary (to cheese through tough levels) they always seem to be Ms Ninja

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
The game itself seems to loan itself to frantically killing everything as fast as possible and almost ignoring defense, so the sword chick seems like a go-to based on what the early game throws at you

That being said, how good is the cyborg guy's defense? Is it enough that you don't feel like you're constantly scrambling to make a few lovely matches and you can actually Horus the poo poo?

Because that's what I wanted. The depth and gameplay of PAD without the huge gently caress you cash sink, the super pigeonholed team design, and massive gap in the difficulty curve.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's a game that is deeper than it seems (probably accidentally). You need a bizarre dual focus on both the board and the enemies coming towards you. Sometimes you need to make chains for quick strikes on fast/exploding enemies and sometimes you need to rock the big combo attacks for high damage. This is probably a weird comparison, but I'm sort of reminded of The World Ends With You because you really do need to be watching both "screens" to be effective. That's what makes it so different from PAD. It's like comparing Civilization to StarCraft. Yeah, in those games you build and research and make troops and wage war, but the gameplay is apples and oranges.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Are there any games similar to Hotel Dusk? I played it 3/4 the way through and I was never able to complete it due to reasons. I'm about to buy a DS emulator just so I can re-play and finish it.

So I'll take DS emulator recommendations too.. Any good free ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dr.Caligari posted:

Are there any games similar to Hotel Dusk? I played it 3/4 the way through and I was never able to complete it due to reasons. I'm about to buy a DS emulator just so I can re-play and finish it.

So I'll take DS emulator recommendations too.. Any good free ones?

drat, I miss that game. I don't exactly have an answer for you, but a good noir-ish murder mystery game is Noir Syndrome. It's entirely different (meant for quick replayability, no ongoing story, basic art), but I still love it. Fantastic music, too, but it's no Hotel Dusk.