Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone's done a really lazy job mirroring that Bizarro picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

bobkatt013 posted:

On the subject of Frank Miller here is Daredevil 181

Just noticed Bullseye in the last panels there, did matt notice he was stood there? Pretty classy bad guy poo poo though, just stood there smoking >:]

edit : oh he stabbed her then put on his jacket and just followed her? That's so wickedly evil.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 6, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

edit : oh he stabbed her then put on his jacket and just followed her? That's so wickedly evil.
I just finished reading Miller's entire Daredevil run the other week. Bullseye is nothing BUT wickedly evil throughout. He is a true monster of a man.

Also, unrelated, but I have never seen so many consecutive comics with people being thrown through windows.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

redbackground posted:

I just finished reading Miller's entire Daredevil run the other week. Bullseye is nothing BUT wickedly evil throughout. He is a true monster of a man.

Also, unrelated, but I have never seen so many consecutive comics with people being thrown through windows.

I have born again and it's one of my most favourite comics ever, just never got around to reading many other daredevil comics. This looks awesome though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

I have born again and it's one of my most favourite comics ever, just never got around to reading many other daredevil comics. This looks awesome though.
Grab the Miller omnibus and go. to. town.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teenage Fansub posted:

DK2 was amazing stuff. :colbert:

It sure was. I was amazed it was the same artist that drew DKR.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

Looks like the guy who illustrated the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory books way back in the day.

I feel that's a great disservice to Quentin Blake.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
One of my all time favorite Daredevil covers

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You're not fooling anyone, Grundy

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Just noticed Bullseye in the last panels there, did matt notice he was stood there? Pretty classy bad guy poo poo though, just stood there smoking >:]

To me it reads that Bullseye is completely in plain clothes at that point (somehow, I guess that is a pretty quick change) and Frank was just using the coloring and lighting to show us that's Bullseye by having a shadow in the shape of his mask cast by the fire.

Your guess is as good as mine, though. Great art. I really dig that little bit of visual storytelling.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

God rest his soul :sadwave:

not that he's dead but still

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Toadstrieb posted:

God rest his soul :sadwave:

not that he's dead but still

Whoa, what the hell happened? Did he have cancer or something? He went from looking 45 to like 90 years old in ten years.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Whoa, what the hell happened? Did he have cancer or something? He went from looking 45 to like 90 years old in ten years.

Severe mental illness.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fish Of Doom posted:

Look carefully at his tie in the photo on the left. Guy Gilchrist has been siphoning off his life force for the last decade!!!!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jesus, the dude's only 57! Something has to be seriously wrong with the guy.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

He chose the wrong cup of Christ and got turned into a skeleton, he chose unwisely.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
When that picture first popped up I remember someone mentioning Miller had been hitting the bottle pretty hard for the last....all of the years, I think? That could do it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I sure hope I won't have to see images of a dying man constantly being posted for the next year the comic is coming out.

e: The dying man's images, fine. This is the good art thread after all :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 7, 2015

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I sure hope I won't have to see images of a dying man constantly being posted for the next year the comic is coming out.

Boy, you're optimistic about this thing having some sort of reasonable release schedule.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The 8 monthly issues starting in November will all be out by December 31st 2016. Frank can do it!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Teenage Fansub posted:

The 8 monthly issues starting in November will all be out by December 31st 2016. Frank can do it!

If DC was smart they'd have gotten all his scripts in BEFORE they announced the drat thing.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Here's a Miller Superman from back when the Man of Steel was still eating his Wheaties and getting plenty of sleep:

Frank certainly does love to give him a very squinty face.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

funtax posted:

Here's a Miller Superman from back when the Man of Steel was still eating his Wheaties and getting plenty of sleep:

Frank certainly does love to give him a very squinty face.

I like it, puts me in mind of the old superman cartoons from the 40's. That symbol's bugging me though........

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Who's the astronaut baby?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

redbackground posted:

It's one of toymaker's flying swearing bombs, playing the long game.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

redbackground posted:

It's just a pin-up from Superman Special #1 from 1992, so there's no narrative explanation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Some kid wanted to go to space, what you want Supes to lug him up there to suffocate?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Some kid wanted to go to space, what you want Supes to lug him up there to suffocate?
That specialized one-off baby astronaut suit cost taxpayers $50 million.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

jng2058 posted:

If DC was smart they'd have gotten all his scripts in BEFORE they announced the drat thing.

Azzarello would have no problem making sure the scripts got finished.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's like a gritty, brutalist Yoshitaka Amano.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If only there were Lynn Varley colors on this.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Nice to see even after getting his spine broken Batman can still fight crime.

Seriously though, I can't help but see his left foot just kinda sprouting out of his left wrist.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

If only there were Lynn Varley colors on this.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Reminds me of The Dark Knight Strikes Again, the best Batman-themed comic since The Dark Knight Returns.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
What I'm seeing is somewhere along the line Batman and Superman stopped getting their tights ironed before going out. Look at all those wrinkles, have some pride in your appearance for Pete's sake.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Internet Wizard posted:

To me it reads that Bullseye is completely in plain clothes at that point (somehow, I guess that is a pretty quick change) and Frank was just using the coloring and lighting to show us that's Bullseye by having a shadow in the shape of his mask cast by the fire.

Your guess is as good as mine, though. Great art. I really dig that little bit of visual storytelling.

Yeah, Miller was a master storyteller back in the day, in spite of his crude style; or maybe partly because of it. I don't think that Klaus Janson's inking on his art can be underestimated either. Janson gave the pencils the contrast, boldness and just the right amount of definition to really flesh it out. You'll notice a steep drop off with Miller's art once Janson was gone, even though Frank's storyboarding remained excellent for quite a while. His Sin City stuff and what he was able to achieve with black and white shapes with a minimum of line work is pretty impressive.

Anyone ever read the Frank Miller/Wil Eisner book? I highly recommend it for fans of the medium.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I actually really like that's Batman one. Its hella hosed. If works for me in all the ways the Atom cover doesn't.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Does Miller hate Superman for some reason now? Because the cover seems to me like he's trying his damndest to caricature Supes as some kind of gigantic doofus or something.

Whereas he obviously still has a big ol Bat Boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Superstring posted:

Does Miller hate Superman for some reason now? Because the cover seems to me like he's trying his damndest to caricature Supes as some kind of gigantic doofus or something.

Whereas he obviously still has a big ol Bat Boner.

Now? The original series had him as a puppet for the government.