Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr.Caligari posted:

Are there any games similar to Hotel Dusk? I played it 3/4 the way through and I was never able to complete it due to reasons. I'm about to buy a DS emulator just so I can re-play and finish it.

So I'll take DS emulator recommendations too.. Any good free ones?

Layton Bros is probably the best available on Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

KMA applied to goons as syfonfilter

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The Silent Age and The Room are both good interactive puzzle-y games.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The first episode of Tales From The Borderlands is now free In the Play Store.

Also for anyone still playing these two very similar games this is happening:

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 8, 2015

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

The Silent Age and The Room are both good interactive puzzle-y games.

This one?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Applied to KMA goons as Hilarity

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Having bought and played several rounds of Pandemic, I can say it is a solid rendition of the board game. It is pricey at $7.99 but if you like the physical game or want a legit hard strategy game, consider it. It probably works best as a single player experience on your phone/tablet but I guess you could play it hot seat if you really wanted. There is no online multiplayer or play by email or whatever, all you on your device.

For those not knowledgeable of the game, the player(s) control different pieces on the board as they try to wipe out a series of disease outbreaks across the globe. Unlike most board games where players are pitted against each other, Pandemic is a cooperative effort where you try to beat the board. There is a fair bit of replayability to it as the pieces on the board have different abilities and some work better together than others. The massive advantage of the digital version is it removes a lot of finicky upkeep present in the board game version, which is nice because if the cards shuffle out to gently caress you badly, at least you don't spend 20 minutes unpacking/repacking for just as much game play.

There is an expansion out, I think it is an extra three bucks or so. I may pick it up once I visit Home Depot often enough.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, first episode's free too.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

porkinson posted:

KMA applied to goons as syfonfilter

I am in, thanks. One question is it possible to get set items using clear tickets? I used all of my tickets on 2-10 with no luck.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

porkinson posted:

I am in, thanks. One question is it possible to get set items using clear tickets? I used all of my tickets on 2-10 with no luck.

Is 2-10 the rifle? If so that is a reward for completing the monsterpedia entry (see mob x times). So its not a random drop.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The latest Bridge Constructor game, Bridge Constructor Stunts, which seems to be more like Trials than any previous Bridge Constructor game, is out on Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 8, 2015

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Been playing some of that Dragon Heroes game mentioned a few pages back. The shooting is good, and I appreciate that I can set it on auto play and let it grind for me, even if it's obviously intentionally a bit stupid and won't be able to play harder levels.

But I'm disappointed to find that it has a mechanic I hate, having to max level and enhance a character before you can then use them as fodder to rank up another character. While technically it's all the same grinding, I just find it annoying to have to put a lot of time and effort and resources into a character that I am just going to essentially delete so that I can make another one stronger. I don't know why games do this, but it's usually enough to make me uninstall whenever I come across it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A bunch of EA and Chillingo games are on sale for just 10 cents for folks in the US, Canada, Mexico and a couple of South American countries.

The sequel to platformer Bean's Quest Bean Dreams is also out, as is a surprisingly not terrible looking Heroes Reborn game. I also checked out a new mission-based runner by Netmarble called Quickboy. It seems quite fun.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 9, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

BobTheJanitor posted:

Been playing some of that Dragon Heroes game mentioned a few pages back. The shooting is good, and I appreciate that I can set it on auto play and let it grind for me, even if it's obviously intentionally a bit stupid and won't be able to play harder levels.

But I'm disappointed to find that it has a mechanic I hate, having to max level and enhance a character before you can then use them as fodder to rank up another character. While technically it's all the same grinding, I just find it annoying to have to put a lot of time and effort and resources into a character that I am just going to essentially delete so that I can make another one stronger. I don't know why games do this, but it's usually enough to make me uninstall whenever I come across it.

Yeah, the grind for ranking up is insane. I'm getting kind of tired of it and I've only gotten a 4* rare to 5*.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

mrkillboy posted:

A bunch of EA and Chillingo games are on sale for just 10 cents for folks in the US, Canada, Mexico and a couple of South American countries.

The sequel to platformer Bean's Quest Bean Dreams is also out, as is a surprisingly not terrible looking Heroes Reborn game. I also checked out a new mission-based runner by Netmarble called Quickboy. It seems quite fun.

I know contre jour is worth buying, but is anything in that sale particularly good?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

foutre posted:

I know contre jour is worth buying, but is anything in that sale particularly good?

I enjoyed Bloodstroke, and Dead Space is also surprisingly good (EA announced its one of several games they're going to stop updating in future however).

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

The sequel to platformer Bean's Quest Bean Dreams is also out

this is a very neat, well-done game. the ads are pretty frequent if you don't pay the 5bux, though. i didn't pull out a stopwatch or anything, but it seemed like there was a 30-second video ad every 5 minutes

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
So I'm going to be off grid for a few days and want to ask folks: what is your favorite Android game that doesn't require an internet connection?

I'm looking for good rpgs and time wasters that don't phone home for anything after the initial download. They don't have to be free; they just have to be good and work in the middle of the woods

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Doom and destiny is a fun tongue-in-cheek rpg that can soak up about ten hours of your time. I dont know if the free version phones home for the ads, but the paid versions dont appear to.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

SterlingSylver posted:

So I'm going to be off grid for a few days and want to ask folks: what is your favorite Android game that doesn't require an internet connection?

I'm looking for good rpgs and time wasters that don't phone home for anything after the initial download. They don't have to be free; they just have to be good and work in the middle of the woods

Pixel Dungeon
Puzzle Forge (1 and 2)
Knights of Pen and Paper RPG

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pixel Dungeon
Puzzle Forge (1 and 2)
Knights of Pen and Paper RPG

Shattered pixel dungeon.

Sprouted pixel dungeon

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
King of Dragon Pass

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

I enjoyed Bloodstroke, and Dead Space is also surprisingly good (EA announced its one of several games they're going to stop updating in future however).

Is Dead Space tablet only or something? I dont see it in the store on my Galaxy S6.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Door Kickers, Chinatown Wars and Battlestation: Harbinger are my current offline time wasters of choice.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is Dead Space tablet only or something? I dont see it in the store on my Galaxy S6.

No, it works on phones. It hasn't been updated in well over 18 months though so I assume your phone is just too new.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 10, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SterlingSylver posted:

Galaxy Trucker, especially if you liked the board game; the digital version is perfect.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

No, it works on phones. It hasn't been updated in well over 18 months though so I assume your phone is just too new.

That is the main thing I hate about phone gaming, even more so than IAPs and poo poo. Games just randomly not working on phones that should handle them no problem because the dev won't bother doing minor updates.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

My girlfriend seems to be playing a lot of Minions Paradise and enjoying it.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I applied to the kill me again guild as ChaitaiSA.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

vulturesrow posted:

King of Dragon Pass

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Attack the Light fits the no internet rpg request right? It's a Steven universe game with inspiration from the Mario rpg games

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Rapner posted:

My girlfriend seems to be playing a lot of Minions Paradise and enjoying it.

It's ok, friend. Sometimes relationships just don't work out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cryohazard posted:

It's ok, friend. Sometimes relationships just don't work out.
Hey now, I bet we've all played a lovely game without knowing there is a better alternative before.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I dunno, I quite like the look of it.

Says coming soon for me though.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I just started the Minions game a little bit ago and don't mind it. If there's something better someone let me know.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Shop Heroes has officially gone global, so to old vets playing is it still fun and not P2W?

The google reviews all say paywall.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

EzEight posted:

Shop Heroes has officially gone global, so to old vets playing is it still fun and not P2W?

There's no paywall unless you have no patience. It's basically a cookie clicker game with a really pretty interface, and you can work together with other people to make the community cake really big!

You will unlock almost everything just through playing, but it's slow as hell to level up. You can rush it and spend gems to unlock things as well, for impatient people that just don't get the game and want to make a billion gold the first second they play, I guess that's a paywall.

But keep in mind there's very little actual gameplay beyond making X for Broseph McAdventurer, repeat 10,000 times.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
For KMA, applied to the guild as Anfauglir

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

EzEight posted:

ah, well that settles it lol

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Is there a good game like Sim City or Sim Tower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yugge
Aug 27, 2008

Rusty Kettle posted:

Is there a good game like Sim City or Sim Tower?

Theotown, there is a link in the first sentence of the op.