Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Please email him and ask to see $125,000 worth of receipts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How much did the F-450 badge cost?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

godface zillah posted:

A steal with over 125k invested W@W

It makes sense that the person losing $70,000 on a truck & considering it an 'investment' would be the same one liquidating their business's assets.

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008
F450 badge on a F350
:mmmhmm:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Also a 6.0. MSRP Was $30375.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

This car looks awesome and fun, wish I had money to burn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Other-/252108192456?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ab2d1bac8&item=252108192456

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

This guy... forget house poor, he's Ferrari poor.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5249106056.html

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

drat that's pressing some serious buttons for me. First car was a tan 4-door 4-speed 74 RX-4. I drove the piss out of that thing.
It is just north of the border to me also...

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
OK I know this is a terrible idea but this vehicle is pretty much exactly what I've always wanted and try as I might I can't stop thinking about how awesome it would be:

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1647784?ad_cid=2

5 speed 4x4 4runner? Check. No longer rocking the 3.0l blown headgasket surprise motor? Check. Turbo i6? Check.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

OK I know this is a terrible idea

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of this.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My wariness of buying other people's projects is minimal compared to my desire to have that in my driveway.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5254248254.html

Pretty sure this is my local Subaru Brat hoarder. I did call him about that Brat, nice dude, we talked for a while and he basically talked me out of buying it (totally rustfucked)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Le sigh. Doing a full resto on that would be a great time, if only I had both it and time (also $1,250).
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5233661019.html

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mustache Ride posted:

Okay.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5234037088.html

Talk me out of offering this guy $300 for his caddy.
Buy a second caddy and you're on your way to having a Gigahorse.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

godface zillah posted:

A steal with over 125k invested W@W

That is probably what his DUI defense costs totaled.

Edit: Or fuel costs.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CannonFodder posted:

Buy a second caddy and you're on your way to having a Gigahorse.

This. I imagine you'd get most of AI on board with building this/donating money. SHINY AND CHROME! (bows and does sign of holiness to the V8)

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Pretty sure this is my local Subaru Brat hoarder. I did call him about that Brat, nice dude, we talked for a while and he basically talked me out of buying it (totally rustfucked)

At least he was honest. That's a rare thing in its own

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This. I imagine you'd get most of AI on board with building this/donating money. SHINY AND CHROME! (bows and does sign of holiness to the V8)

At least he was honest. That's a rare thing in its own

In this add, he's pretty much admitting that he's just flipping it. It still has temporary tags on rear window.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5243483494.html

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
He's been running it turboed for three years, but it still needs a tune?

Also that rx4! :love:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

$8000 for a fuckered up z3? :allears:

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Mat_Drinks posted:

He's been running it turboed for three years, but it still needs a tune?

Also that rx4! :love:

<edit> err... Just read his statements about the tune...

agree. Even if it were a cashflow issue... four years is ample time come up with the few hundred it would cost to have it tuned properly..

drukqs fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 7, 2015

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
"Need a tune" is just a variation of the "just needs a tune up" that you see on craigslist or whatever. In reality, it won't do well on a leak down test, because it's been running pig rich for 3 years and has a list of problems that won't be cured by anything short of a complete teardown. Get your poo poo running straight before trying to sell it. If you can't, eat a lowbal offer. Offer that guy 4 grand. You'll spend the other 4 grand trying to unfuck it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Continuing in the vein of "old german cars that I have no good reason to buy" we have this lovely audi 200. I'm guessing I can get it for under 1k, he says it runs great except it won't pass emissions (but that if I lean the CIS out it will pass) and there's almost no electrical gremlins!*

*Currently gremlins include nonfunctioning speedo, non-operational rear windows, and I'm sure many more that have not been mentioned. On the flip side, turbo i5!

He also has a 20v 90 coupe for sale (no ad) so I'm hoping to take a look at that too.

I've been wondering though, does a nonfunctioning speedo mean that the odometer doesn't work either?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yes, also no cruise control

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Nitrox posted:

"Need a tune" is just a variation of the "just needs a tune up" that you see on craigslist or whatever. In reality, it won't do well on a leak down test, because it's been running pig rich for 3 years and has a list of problems that won't be cured by anything short of a complete teardown. Get your poo poo running straight before trying to sell it. If you can't, eat a lowbal offer. Offer that guy 4 grand. You'll spend the other 4 grand trying to unfuck it.

More like 8k-12k to unfuck it.

He's only getting 300RWHP with a 6 cylinder and a turbo that big?

Run run run.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

*Currently gremlins include being a lovely early 90's Audi

There, fixed it for you

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

You guys are one step away from defending owning a V6.

I will. It's the best engine configuration and nobody will admit it (assuming it's a Twin-Turbo V6).

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I paid ~26,000 for my 2014 ST3 new a year ago in the area (Baltimore), somehow this guy spent $31,000 on one. And then has decided to sell it at 1200 miles. For $27,000. (Autotrader shows new 2015's ST3 listed around $28,500.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That guy is not sure about a lot of stuff.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Craigslist Clown posted:

Literally just bought this car. Not sure it's for me.

This is a guy that makes good decisions.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Granted 47000km is low for an '06, I could buy three, possibly even four supercharged Grand Prix's for that much cash if I choose not to deal with insane people.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Handen posted:

I could buy three, possibly even four supercharged Grand Prix's

Handen posted:

if I choose not to deal with insane people.

I've got bad news for you, buddy :v:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
I know a bunch of you have an innexplicable love for scirrocos

How about a 9/10ths done rally car?
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5252046812.html

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tai-Pan posted:

The only rally that thing is ready for involves a lot of dudes in bedsheets and some oddly shaped bonfires.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Tai-Pan posted:

I like how it is tagged with "lemonds chump car"

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Which one of you is this?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5270220708.html

tired of all these china cars and their "error codes" and sensors and relays and ECU's

you don't need a delorean to step back in time..... just buy this lil truck

1979 Ford Courier

Built before the internet but after the age of candle lit headlights

but get this it still has the (1979) state of the art electronic ignition .... thats right you can actually work on this thing and not deal with adjusting them pesky points...

did somebody say points?
cause that's what everyone is going to be doing when you cruise at 3mph so everyone can see you strolling in this lil red hoop'D

too square you say? not nostalgic enough? say no more!
This beauty comes equipped with custom hand made cabinet grade hand stained door and kick panels reminiscent of the wood paneling walls in your dear ol' grandmas house!!

but the vintagesque doesn't stop there!!
The window cranks are actual glass door knobs!
no power windows in this post disco base line truck you'll be working your wrist crankin these windows up but you won't be working your wrists too long cause there's just enough room behind the older reupholstered with a split seam bench seat to put a pillow, a blanket and 1 if not 2 bottles of boone's farm , (duct tape optional) Trust me I used to be a professional...... the ladies are going to think this "lil" truck is sooooo cute they are sure to want a ride .... and well we all know what happens when you pull down that old gravel road to turn around ...... and this baby will do great on the street or old (rarely traveled) gravel roads with it's 3 like new toyo tires...... what about the 4th tire? never you mind that and don't look at the passenger side rear tire...it's fine

worried the masses won't see you coming?
no worries the muffler is blown and can be heard coming from 2 blocks away.... 3 blocks if your getting on it! not to mention the massive sucking sound the upgraded Weber carburetor makes when you get on it drifting into corners ...... (that 4th tire helps get her broke loose)

now this jewel was built in the US of A but right at the brink when we started importing cars and parts, that's why she's equipped with a Mazda 2.0 engine that runs great! and sounds like a sewing machine (your nana should appreciate that)

backed up with NOT the low geared 4 speed of yesteryear but the freeway capable 5 speed so you can jam gears slap that stick into 5th crack open the wing windows so the air can blow though you hair as you listen to Radar LOve on the Blaupunkt CD player ..... a german stereo in your piece of american steel? Get used to it cause you are now a hipster!

And.......... all this can be yours! IF.... THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

disclaimer : hereby relinquish any responsibility or admission of involvement related to how cool one may become operating said vehicle and/or volume of cannabis consumed cause I mean look at it.....would ya just look at it... you know your gonna smoke a ton a weed in this rig. I mean dude... you smoke weed right? I mean it's cool if you don't but umm...... do you smell brownies?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Christ, you're gonna get some calluses operating those windows.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I want that.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I honestly don't know what to think, other than there's a lot of bad taste in that neck of the woods.

Didn't know WTF a Greenwood Package was, but looking around, that moustache thing on the hood doesn't seem to be part of it.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5273989238.html

quote:

Look as hard as you want...all over the country...you will never see another C4 Corvette like this.
Candy Apple Red, Black interior with the following special options:

Greenwood Package
Front and Real Spoilers
Roll Bar
Custom Glassed in side pipes
Color matches alloy wheels
alarm package

This unit turns heads and has been in my garage under a cover since I have owned it. It has been gone over bumper to bumper with my local mechanic and if something needs to be done...it's done.

Looking for a garage queen that you take out on the weekends to shows, or just for a drive...this is the car. There is nothing like it.

I will have no more room to keep it...so, if you do, this car is a winner.

Inspections by your mechanic are welcome, but no test drives....I will have this unit in Ebay as well, but would prefer to sell locally!

Any questions, please test me. Thanks
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"One of a kind"

Thank God.