Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

Nationalismus bezeichnet Weltanschauungen und damit verbundene politische Bewegungen, die die Herstellung und Konsolidierung eines souveränen Nationalstaats und eine bewusste Identifizierung und Solidarisierung aller Mitglieder mit der Nation anstreben.

Wenn jemand die das Ziel der Herstellung und Konsolidierung eines souveränen Nationalstaats grundsätzlich ablehnt, bestreitet er damit denknotwendigerweise auch das Recht des jüdischen Volkes in Israel einen eigenen Staat herzustellen und zu konsolidieren.

Und gerade bei den Grünen hat man ja eher wenig Kontaktscheue, wenn es darum geht gegen Israel zu keilen. :colbert:
Similarly, pacifism is fascism because it means being against war against the 3rd Reich, and being a communist means favouring those currently rich because it means one wants a society without money, ergo without taxing money, ergo with fewer taxes on the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cingulate posted:

Similarly, pacifism is fascism because it means being against war against the 3rd Reich,

I see you are familiar with my essay on Margot Käßmann's opinion re: justification for the war against Hitler.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Uh, Randler did you just state the insane opinion that Nazis can't be antisemites because they're defenders of nationalism? Because that's what I'm getting at here on my end of the discussion. :stare:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

Uh, Randler did you just state the insane opinion that Nazis can't be antisemites because they're defenders of nationalism? Because that's what I'm getting at here on my end of the discussion. :stare:

Nein.

Prämisse 1: Wer Nationalismus ablehnt, lehnt die Existenz von Nationalstaaten ab.

Prämisse 2: Israel ist ein Nationalstaat.

Also lehnt der, der Nationalismus ablehnt, die Existenz von Israel ab.

Prämisse 3: Wer die Existenz von Israel ablehnt, ist ein Antisemit.

Aus meinen Prämissen ergibt sich nicht, dass Leute die Nationalismus beführworten keine Antisemiten sind. Dafür müssten an einign Stellen "nur"s eingefügt werden.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

Nein.

Prämisse 1: Wer Nationalismus ablehnt, lehnt die Existenz von Nationalstaaten ab.

As a linguist, I must point out you're stupid. (The syllogism doesn't translate into the real world.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Nein.

Aus meinen Prämissen ergibt sich nicht, dass Leute die Nationalismus beführworten keine Antisemiten sind. Dafür müssten an einign Stellen "nur"s eingefügt werden.

Das scheitert schon an der ersten Prämisse, da jemand der Nationalismus ablehnt darunter normalerweise die extremsten Formen von Nationalismus versteht. Aber selbst wenn ich die schludrige Logik durchgehen lasse, funktioniert Prämisse 3 nicht, weil die totale Ablehnung von Nationalimus auch die Existenz der israelischen Nachbarstaaten trifft. Da fehlt ein "nur".

Praktisch die einzige Prämisse die richtig ist, ist Prämisse 2: Israel ist in der Tat ein Nationalstaat.

Ich will mal großzügig sein und sagen: Ja, rein technisch und wortwörtlich gesehen funktionieren Prämisse 1 und 2 ganz gut. Prämisse 3 ist aber total Banane und aus 1 und 2 kann man alles mögliche schließen, schließlich haben wir es hier mit Extremisten zu tun die alle 200+ Staaten der Welt ablehnen.

Prämisse 3 hier ist das Problem, weil sie falsch ist. Alles Schlussfolgerungen, die Prämisse 3 enthalten, sind deshalb ebenso falsch.

Cingulate posted:

As a linguist, I must point out you're stupid. (The syllogism doesn't translate into the real world.)

Das sowieso, aber dieser Mist funktioniert nicht mal auf dem Gebiet reiner Logik. :v:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 4, 2015

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ist 3 überhaupt ne Prämisse und nicht die Schlussfolgerung aus 1 und 2?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Man kann Israel ablehnen, ohne die ersten beiden Punkte zu erfüllen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Nein.

Mit Verlaub, verehrter Mitpostender, aber das ist doch vollkommener Humbug, was Sie da von sich lassen. Wer eine Idee oder eine Ideologie ablehnt, stellt doch nicht automatisch das Existenzrecht ihrer Anhänger in Frage! Nur um hier ein Beispiel nennen: Ich persönlich lehne das Tragen von Fedorahütten kategorisch ab. Es ist mit einem modernen Modeverständnis einfach nicht vereinbar und fördert die Verbreitung von Ungeziefer wie Flöhen und Läusen. Nichtsdestotrotz, würde ich niemals versuchen gewaltsam gegen die huttragende Bevölkerung vorzugehen. Das Existenzrecht dieser Menschen steht für mich nicht zur Debatte.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What the gently caress?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

here in the USA we have a name for the 'anti-deutsche': neocons

but it is funny to see germans of all people arguing that any nation, jewish or not, has a god-given right to ethnic cleansing

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 4, 2015

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

What the gently caress?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

but it is funny to see germans of all people arguing that any nation, jewish or not, has a god-given right to ethnic cleansing

Literally no one is arguing that, but by all means keep laughing at people who only exist in your head, it's a sign of good mental health

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

what is it with you and trolling in the Germany thread? did a German kill your parents on their way home from the opera or something? (i'm sorry if that's your real origin story, don't mean to offend)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm not doing the trolling, reality is :smugdog:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Randler posted:

Nein.

randler are you drunk, you're not usually this stupid.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Pretty sure he's just trolling tbh :v:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Germans are completely impervious to trolling and he should know that. We're a nation of "glaubst du, dass das jemand tun würde, ins Internet zu gehen und Lügen erzählen?"

I've seen that happen time and time again in German forums. You don't do "jokes" there. Every exaggeration will be corrected by three well-meaning super-correct Germans who politely tell you that you are wrong.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

You don't do "jokes" there. Every exaggeration will be corrected by three well-meaning super-correct Germans who politely tell you that you are wrong.

case in point:

famous 80's gameshow "Stackenblocken"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3nRFnBEZCc

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Simply Simon posted:

Germans are completely impervious to trolling and he should know that. We're a nation of "glaubst du, dass das jemand tun würde, ins Internet zu gehen und Lügen erzählen?"

I've seen that happen time and time again in German forums. You don't do "jokes" there. Every exaggeration will be corrected by three well-meaning super-correct Germans who politely tell you that you are wrong.

I wouldn't call this impervious, susceptible is more like it.

...he said, partly proving the point.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Simply Simon posted:

too many vaccines i guess, what can you do? tragic situation all around

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

This is a uniquely German problem, no one outside the German borders of 1990 has ever fallen for sarcasm on the Internet

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArchangeI posted:

This is a uniquely German problem, no one outside the German borders of 1990 has ever fallen for sarcasm on the Internet
Nobody within its borders has ever not fallen for it

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Silly Randler, even the Antigermans acknowledge that Israel needs to be abolished last (because it's special) and Germany first (because it's the other kind of special).

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Tagesspiegel von heute:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Zwille posted:

Tagesspiegel von heute:

relevant:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Zwille posted:

Tagesspiegel von heute:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

Tagesspiegel von heute:

Jesus christ, they hosed up that book adaptation like their life depended on it. German cinema should really give up the struggle and collectively walk into the North Sea.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

waitwhatno posted:

Jesus christ, they hosed up that book adaptation like their life depended on it. German cinema should really give up the struggle and collectively walk into the North Sea.

Did you already watch it? What were your gripes? I've only read the book halfway, though, so no spoilers please :)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

Did you already watch it? What were your gripes? I've only read the book halfway, though, so no spoilers please :)

nah, I only watched the trailers and they are really, really bad.

hey, if you couldn't get through the book, you should try the audiobook read by Christoph Maria Herbst. It's fantastic stuff and I think it's one of the main reasons why the book became so popular in the first place.

http://youtu.be/84tWgEgq6-g?t=326

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Apparently a lot of books are made into movies, there's a movie version of "Spieltrieb".

I can only imagine how :stare: and :allears: it's going to be. :ohdear:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

waitwhatno posted:

nah, I only watched the trailers and they are really, really bad.

I watched a trailer on TV and at the start I thought it was an advertisement for an insurance company. Ten seconds later I realized it was a movie trailer. Another ten seconds later I realized they had tried to make a joke 20 seconds ago. It's really, really loving bad.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

botany posted:

Another ten seconds later I realized they had tried to make a joke 20 seconds ago.

Germany.txt

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Ordnung muss sein.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

stromberg exists and is art :colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Das Ende von Stormberg der Film ist eher eine Art Dokumentation in welche Art von Leuten es in welcher Organisation nach oben schaffen. :smuggo:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So, uh, I've been pretty detached from German news since January...someone explain to me really quick why I'm seeing the Chef of the Deutsche Polizeigewerkschaft talk about absolute pandemonium surrounding the Fluechtlingsheime in terms of crime against them, crime within them and crime from within them?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So, uh, I've been pretty detached from German news since January...someone explain to me really quick why I'm seeing the Chef of the Deutsche Polizeigewerkschaft talk about absolute pandemonium surrounding the Fluechtlingsheime in terms of crime against them, crime within them and crime from within them?

Too many brown people, not enough living space.

I read something earlier that apparently in one refugee center a 200(?) Albanians and Afghans caused a huge riot because there was only a single multi-plug available to charge the phones for god knows how many people.
Germany is completely overrun with people who hate each other and have to live together in confined space.

Riso fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 8, 2015