Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

RaceFat posted:

Glad you like it! The endings sure are getting pretty weird. And I'm really fond of that song . It was a challenge to put together and it's got one of those poorly rapped middle sections too!

Gives it an amazing Blondie vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The announcer at the start of them keeps reminding me of the announcer from Capcom vs SNK 2, especially stuff like around 3:05 here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klSAOwXxX-E

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Dolph Ziggler one was amazing. :allears:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
May I suggest Bayley? The huggable one might be a good target for being even more adorable and 80's.

Just be aware that you probably can't beat the current teen bop she has, but I'd like to see your attempt.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
So a question for y'all. Got this comment today on YT, and I'm wondering what y'all think:

YouTube Man posted:

IMO you should edit your video titles so they're more recognizable and have a better description because I'm sure that I've passed up on your videos in the past simply due to not realizing they weren't just actual WWE entrance videos (that sadly, I do not watch as often as I should).

Do you think it makes sense to present them as "alternative themes" or some other classification? Or to leave them as misleading titles? The guy raises an interesting point since some people probably don't care about a lot of these original entrances (or they don't like the wrestlers), but they would willingly watch them if they knew they were basically parodies. Would love to hear some input!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

These videos are growing on me and you're so drat NICE that it also furthers my enjoyment of them. As reigning Positivity King of the forum we need more attitudes like yours in these parts. You're awesome buddy, keep it up! :)

Thanks, buddy! I'm really just thankful that anyone watches these/finds them funny, and I'm especially thankful that sometimes people send me $$$ on Bandcamp in exchange for weird songs. And people are always asking for new stuff, so that's really flattering too. I've kind of had a tough time as a content creator (it took a long time before I was confident enough to share stuff without getting my heart broken by negativity), so I just try to be nice whenever I can.

And here's another project I did. I know you said these are growing on you, but maybe this will be more to your liking! :)
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tv-theme-songs/

Good Listener posted:

These are really fun. They have this kind of 80s 90s feel but also I feel like I'd hear them coming out of animatronic robots at a Chuck E Cheese like place. I think the banter at the end does it, and all the BOINGs. Haha keep up the good work! :D

Thank you! Again, always happy to hear people are digging the weirdness at the end! Sometimes I don't know if my goal is to write tunes or overdub the action. :iiam:

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Is Mister Rock in line for a new themesong soon?

Mr. Rock is definitely gonna make the cut! I'm thinking I'm going to do Kevin Owens next (buncha requests for him), but maybe I'll do Mr. Rock.

mclast posted:

Gives it an amazing Blondie vibe

I'm perfectly okay with that! Good call.

Perry Normal posted:

The announcer at the start of them keeps reminding me of the announcer from Capcom vs SNK 2, especially stuff like around 3:05 here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klSAOwXxX-E

That's really funny and that guy's announcing is top notch. So... loose.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Dolph Ziggler one was amazing. :allears:

Thank you so much! That one was especially fun to make.

Wazzu posted:

May I suggest Bayley? The huggable one might be a good target for being even more adorable and 80's.

Just be aware that you probably can't beat the current teen bop she has, but I'd like to see your attempt.

Oooh, Bayley. I know all about her after seeing her expressions of disgust while we gave thanks to Sasha Banks. Sounds like a fun pick! Plus, I probably should do another female wrestler soon.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I would rename them so they say The {Wrestler}: NEW Theme!

Generally the way to do it is to put "{Wrestler}, {1st/2nd/3rd/4th} theme" but that'd be confusing.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Why not just have them listed as both the current names and the same exact video uploaded again with a more accurate name?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RaceFat posted:

Do you think it makes sense to present them as "alternative themes" or some other classification? Or to leave them as misleading titles? The guy raises an interesting point since some people probably don't care about a lot of these original entrances (or they don't like the wrestlers), but they would willingly watch them if they knew they were basically parodies. Would love to hear some input!

Personally I think the joke isn't worth the massive loss of audience. I'd give it a name that was more searchable.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Gonna try to find the common ground here.

Golden Bee posted:

I would rename them so they say The {Wrestler}: NEW Theme!

Generally the way to do it is to put "{Wrestler}, {1st/2nd/3rd/4th} theme" but that'd be confusing.

Okay, this one makes sense. Seems easy/good.

AlmightyPants posted:

Why not just have them listed as both the current names and the same exact video uploaded again with a more accurate name?

Although that would be cool, I probably shouldn't upload duplicates of all of the videos. That being said, to clarify, you're saying something like "Kane WWE Entrance Video" along with something like "Kane New Theme Song and Entrance"?

Wazzu posted:

Personally I think the joke isn't worth the massive loss of audience. I'd give it a name that was more searchable.

The joke being the misleading title? And what kind of name are you suggesting as more searchable? I'm definitely leaning toward the whole "NEW THEME SONG!!!!" camp right now, so if that's what you're hinting at, we're on the same page. :)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

RaceFat posted:

Although that would be cool, I probably shouldn't upload duplicates of all of the videos. That being said, to clarify, you're saying something like "Kane WWE Entrance Video" along with something like "Kane New Theme Song and Entrance"?

I was thinking about something along the lines of whatever they're currently called and then another version where it's the same thing but under the name Parody or New Version or something.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
If I were looking at youtube's suggested videos, [ORIGINAL THEME] THE [wrestler] would be eyecatching.

Alternately custom/reimagined/whimsical/retro/too good to be true, in place of 'original'.

Hell one more edit: NEW theme probably checks all the boxes for joke+attention getting. KANE ENTRANCE MUSIC I'm thinking, yeah, I know how that sounds. [NEW THEME] THE KANE inspires curiosity without giving away the joke.

mclast fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 28, 2015

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Maybe you actually want to use a keyword like "joke" or "funny" or "parody".

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Your TV stuff is also hilarious RaceFat, you're the man.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
It's weird because Stardust's is one of the lightest (and weakest) when it comes to the comedy end, but god drat if I don't love that one musically. If it were a full song it'd definitely be something I'd sing every time I went out for karaoke. That chill guitar riff on the hook, drat.

Also, from here on in, every time my fiancee and I want to explain some minor thing to each other, it's gonna take longer because we'll first just give an explanation of the rules of "Two-Man Two-Man". drat you.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

I was thinking about something along the lines of whatever they're currently called and then another version where it's the same thing but under the name Parody or New Version or something.

This makes sense (and is a good idea) but I would have to re-render all of the videos and then reupload them all since YouTube won't accept identical content. So yeah, probably won't go this route. :(

mclast posted:

If I were looking at youtube's suggested videos, [ORIGINAL THEME] THE [wrestler] would be eyecatching.

Alternately custom/reimagined/whimsical/retro/too good to be true, in place of 'original'.

Hell one more edit: NEW theme probably checks all the boxes for joke+attention getting. KANE ENTRANCE MUSIC I'm thinking, yeah, I know how that sounds. [NEW THEME] THE KANE inspires curiosity without giving away the joke.

That's a great point because most people get their brains stimulated when they see "NEW THEME" (the uproxx article proved that; I'm guessing over half of the complainers didn't even watch the vids, just angrily posted because they saw "new theme song"). I do have "parody" in the keywords section, but yeah, I think I'll add funny to the end of the title too, just as a little extra boost. I carried this whole habit over from my TV theme days, but I think that there are probably better ways to attract the wrestling community.

El Generico posted:

Maybe you actually want to use a keyword like "joke" or "funny" or "parody".

Agreed big time. :)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Your TV stuff is also hilarious RaceFat, you're the man.

Thanks for checking it out/the nice comments, buddy! It works really well with the whole "comedy goldmine pages and pages of content" setup.

Jenny Angel posted:

It's weird because Stardust's is one of the lightest (and weakest) when it comes to the comedy end, but god drat if I don't love that one musically. If it were a full song it'd definitely be something I'd sing every time I went out for karaoke. That chill guitar riff on the hook, drat.

Also, from here on in, every time my fiancee and I want to explain some minor thing to each other, it's gonna take longer because we'll first just give an explanation of the rules of "Two-Man Two-Man". drat you.

Ha, yeah, Stardust's is weak on the comedy end because it was the first I made and I didn't really know what I was doing (outside of the music). The jokes have definitely evolved out of nothing, and I'm totally comfortable saying that I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time and then random things kinda happen and then I stick with them and then my jokes are born. I think I've found a happy medium between being a "song man" and a "overdub man" for these videos, and I'm happy with the current amount of workload to do roughly a minute of goofin' at the end. I'm just not gonna finish them in one day anymore. :) :) :)

And I'm glad you like Two-Man Two-Man! Takes a minute a to learn, but a lifetime to master. ;)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
bump for brand new the KEVIN OWENS song! have implemented the new naming too (they all say NEW THEME SONG now). thanks for the input!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJyBU30CSc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

whenever i don't get my boings at the end i'm disappointed

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The falsetto voices each of the wrestler's have is hilarious.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I am randomly cracking up at the thought of One Man-Two Man

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Patware posted:

whenever i don't get my boings at the end i'm disappointed

these days, i'm always putting out. unfortunately the joke hadn't been invented yet when i made the first few. :(

Fsmhunk posted:

The falsetto voices each of the wrestler's have is hilarious.

glad you like them! trying to be as anticlimactic/weak as possible when voicing these BIG TOUGH DUDES.

That DICK! posted:

I am randomly cracking up at the thought of One Man-Two Man

thank you! it's a very simple game. you just need two groups of two people. after they're counted, you get to play! :) :)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RaceFat posted:

these days, i'm always putting out. unfortunately the joke hadn't been invented yet when i made the first few. :(

it's ok baby i understand i'm not gonna reverse boing-shame

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Okay, so I did this one without realizing that #therocktober was coming! But it's here already! This month, it's time to the rock! :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cw2NZt96t4

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RaceFat posted:

Okay, so I did this one without realizing that #therocktober was coming! But it's here already! This month, it's time to the rock! :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cw2NZt96t4

This might be the best one yet. The song is just lovely and the post-song bit might even be better than Two-Man, Two-Man???

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
bringing this back from page TWO since a buncha people requested the BAYLEY and HERE SHE, READY TO TAKE ON THE SASHA BANKS TONIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnpFmOsRuQ

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008

RaceFat posted:

bringing this back from page TWO since a buncha people requested the BAYLEY and HERE SHE, READY TO TAKE ON THE SASHA BANKS TONIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnpFmOsRuQ

I love that you autotuned the referee's voice for no apparent reason. I don't know much about NXT people, but this sure is a charming song!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I didn't think Bayley's actual track was the best one you've done this far, but the post-song stuff just keeps getting better. The god drat autotune just about slayed me.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Well done making these, you're clearly having a great time so good for you, keep it up! :-)

It would be hilarious if they used all of these on Raw one day and commentary didn't even acknowledge the music change and then the next week it all went back to normal.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I love how the sponsors get longer and longer with each video

SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY DRINK
SPONSORED BY MACDONALDS
SPONSORED BY LONG JOHN SILVER'S
SPONSORED BY NESQUIK

It's fruity delicious delicious fruity...

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Randy Orton's was incredible and needs to be his perma-theme irl. Good stuff.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Back with some new content! This took me roughly five days (I usually do these in two). It's got the longest re-dubbed match footage of any of them. It's weird and wild. Took forever, but I love it! CHOW DOWN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24d0ABXeTM

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I didn't think Bayley's actual track was the best one you've done this far, but the post-song stuff just keeps getting better. The god drat autotune just about slayed me.

Thanks, buddy! I'm still gonna say I love that track, but what you said is fine too. :)

CoolCat posted:

Well done making these, you're clearly having a great time so good for you, keep it up! :-)

It would be hilarious if they used all of these on Raw one day and commentary didn't even acknowledge the music change and then the next week it all went back to normal.

Thank you! Yeah, they're a lot of work, but a lot of fun. It's weird how much the project has evolved. The videos were originally just supposed to be a way to share the songs, but we all know that's not the case anymore. ;) And yeah, I sure hope I can do something "official" for them someday. Would be super bizarre for me.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I love how the sponsors get longer and longer with each video

SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY DRINK
SPONSORED BY MACDONALDS
SPONSORED BY LONG JOHN SILVER'S
SPONSORED BY NESQUIK

It's fruity delicious delicious fruity...

It's getting harder and harder! :( I always do the first burst in one breath, pausing only to breathe and utter the brand new slogan. So yeah, not sure how much longer the sponsor chain can get. There are physical limits to corporate expansion. ;)

super macho dude posted:

Randy Orton's was incredible and needs to be his perma-theme irl. Good stuff.

Thank you, buddy! Yeah, it would be nice to hear some fun, varied songs instead of only these JAMMIN', EPIC, HARDCORE INSTRUMENTALS, DAWG. I've read some interviews with Jim Johnston though, and he seems like a really terrific, talented guy who is just routinely forced to crank out song after song in the same style.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
I'm seriously beginning to question the credentials of these referees. Good job on all the terrible Hogan puns!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I think you should use the splatting sound effect more liberally. It always makes me laugh regardless of context.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RaceFat posted:

Thank you, buddy! Yeah, it would be nice to hear some fun, varied songs instead of only these JAMMIN', EPIC, HARDCORE INSTRUMENTALS, DAWG. I've read some interviews with Jim Johnston though, and he seems like a really terrific, talented guy who is just routinely forced to crank out song after song in the same style.

A lot of the modern ~hardcore instrumentals~ aren't actually Jim Johnston, WWE has been using a cheaper duo called CFO$ lately. Jim's are definitely way better, CFO$ knocks one out of the park every now and then but it's usually just KICKIN' LOOPZ with what seem to be almost no actual instruments being played. Jim puts out full songs usually with lyrics, CFO$'s loop super blatantly and really quickly.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

I'm seriously beginning to question the credentials of these referees. Good job on all the terrible Hogan puns!

Just doing my best! Had to have a whole "terrible Hogan puns" brainstorm session in my notebook to make that one happen.

Nostradingus posted:

I think you should use the splatting sound effect more liberally. It always makes me laugh regardless of context.

Working on THE Sheamus right now and I'm gonna make sure that good people like you get some extra splats! :) :) :)

Patware posted:

A lot of the modern ~hardcore instrumentals~ aren't actually Jim Johnston, WWE has been using a cheaper duo called CFO$ lately. Jim's are definitely way better, CFO$ knocks one out of the park every now and then but it's usually just KICKIN' LOOPZ with what seem to be almost no actual instruments being played. Jim puts out full songs usually with lyrics, CFO$'s loop super blatantly and really quickly.

Huh. I probably both should and shouldn't pay more attention to their themes. I guess the interview I was reading was talking more about the nu-metal era and a few years back. He was complaining about cookie-cutter nu-metal bands and like actual death metal bands who were being thrown at him and suggested for songwriting/theme suggestions and he had to keep saying "we don't actually use music like this for our entrances!!!!!" It sounded like a really annoying time to be a composer. :(
Very true! I noticed them showing up all the time in the credits section, so yeah, doesn't surprise me at all.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RaceFat posted:

Huh. I probably both should and shouldn't pay more attention to their themes. I guess the interview I was reading was talking more about the nu-metal era and a few years back. He was complaining about cookie-cutter nu-metal bands and like actual death metal bands who were being thrown at him and suggested for songwriting/theme suggestions and he had to keep saying "we don't actually use music like this for our entrances!!!!!" It sounded like a really annoying time to be a composer. :(

Man, death metal would have been awesome compared to most of the dreck we got in that era.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but your voice sounds a lot like Dave Smalley from Down By Law, especially on the John Cena track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfpz5kxLq4

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i swear to god i heard reports on the extra dirty dirt sheets that any fan with an "INVESTIGATE DOLPH ZIGGLER" sign is being renditioned follow the money goddamnit i don't have much time before dolph gets here please liste

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
okay, so i gave this my hella-all, and i'm calling it done. i'm not really sure if sheamus was the best choice, but the song basically wrote itself and that's what i wanted to deal with at theme number 20. i'm going to take a little (or maybe longer) wrasslin' break at this point. compared to the process with my TV themes, these are so more exhausting to make, especially since my mixing skills have improved a lot over time and that means i've gotta put more of my brain and ears into the mixing than i used to (since i had no idea what i was listening for before). plus, i keep extending the endings longer and longer, so at this rate, i'm soon gonna be redubbing entire PPV events and actually frying my brain.

regardless, no complaints/regrets at all. :D enjoy this piece of madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptiwBOMNipg

CombineThresher posted:

Man, death metal would have been awesome compared to most of the dreck we got in that era.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but your voice sounds a lot like Dave Smalley from Down By Law, especially on the John Cena track.

i'll accept any comparison to any influential musician you wanna throw at me! :3: :3: :3:

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i swear to god i heard reports on the extra dirty dirt sheets that any fan with an "INVESTIGATE DOLPH ZIGGLER" sign is being renditioned follow the money goddamnit i don't have much time before dolph gets here please liste

it's already too late. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Thank you buddy.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm really glad the filter you use created a ghost sheamus

i'll also hold the gurgling 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' in my heart forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
These goofy songs honestly reminded me why I started watching wrestling. Thank you for filling me with a sense of childlike wonder re: the size of muscular mens' bladders.

• Locked thread