Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

What sorceresses has Geralt not banged? You can probably count them on one hand.

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Swedish Horror posted:

What sorceresses has Geralt not banged?

n/a

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Well that's now the most horrifying thing I've seen in this game

It's even moreso when you consider how that particular form of execution is performed. The victim isn't just impaled in one fell swoop, they're lowered carefully onto the pike and their own bodyweight slowly drags them downward. Death by impalement is a truly horrific death sentence that can literally take days.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Hexenritter posted:

It's even moreso when you consider how that particular form of execution is performed. The victim isn't just impaled in one fell swoop, they're lowered carefully onto the pike and their own bodyweight slowly drags them downward. Death by impalement is a truly horrific death sentence that can literally take days.

thanks

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sometimes I wish I could un-know some of the poo poo I've learned over the years.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

The Sharmat posted:

I find it interesting how the comparative merits of two characters are instantly rendered trivial by the main character being able to bang them. No one ever made comments like this about Roche vs. Iorveth back in TW2 days.

I don't think its trivial at all. I think it says a lot that Roche vs Iorveth never got to this point. Maybe the game was just not as popular so we didn't have an endless influx of new commentators? Or perhaps the contrast between the 2 magic wielding women is sufficient and deep enough to keep this going. However, regardless of the comparative merits of Triss and Yen, it does quite often boil down to which one the player prefers to bang.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Swedish Horror posted:

What sorceresses has Geralt not banged? You can probably count them on one hand.

Philippa and Margarita in this game, for one. They have an amusing conversation about it.

MikeC posted:

I don't think its trivial at all. I think it says a lot that Roche vs Iorveth never got to this point. Maybe the game was just not as popular so we didn't have an endless influx of new commentators? Or perhaps the contrast between the 2 magic wielding women is sufficient and deep enough to keep this going. However, regardless of the comparative merits of Triss and Yen, it does quite often boil down to which one the player prefers to bang.

The series was much less popular at the time, that probably does account for much of it. (Iorveth is much superior to Roche incidentally and anyone that disagrees is dumb and probably a communist)

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hexenritter posted:

Sometimes I wish I could un-know some of the poo poo I've learned over the years.

start following the middle east thread and/or MENA security, poo poo like that barely rates

The Sharmat posted:

Philippa and Margarita in this game, for one. They have an amusing conversation about it.

The series was much less popular at the time, that probably does account for much of it. (Iorveth is much superior to Roche incidentally and anyone that disagrees is dumb and probably a communist)

isn't phillipa gay though?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

The Iron Rose posted:

She was Djikstra's lover before the games, so I kinda hope not.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Iron Rose posted:

She's 300 yrs old and a sorceress so she's whatever the hell she wants to be.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Helith posted:

She's 300 yrs old and a sorceress so she's whatever the hell she wants to be.

fair enough.

quick technical question. MGSV dragged me away from this a month, does borderless windowed mode still kill performance?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Why not have them both? And then having Geralt spending the rest of his life witchering with Ciri in a north ruled by the genocidial Radovid.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012
I don't get the Triss vs. Yen discussion. My Geralt rejected them both and only sleeps with the cheapest prostitutes in Novigrad.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

My Geralt is the Skellige freediving champion. He gracefully jumps off the Kaer Trolde bridge impressing the locals in the tavern below.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Rookersh posted:

Not really. I mean Regis intro story even kind of goes over that. He was a vampire jock, who drank blood all the time and was a raging blood alcoholic. His mistress/lover left him for being so juvenile, and the nearby town cut his body into pieces, put multiple stakes through his heart, and then dowsed his remains in holy water before burying him. Took him 50 odd years to recover, and plenty of time to reassess who he wanted to be in his unlife.

The whole shattering thing makes it a bit more complicated, since technically no part of him survived to regenerate from, but hey, it's not like he COULDN'T come back again.

I'm just saying. If Geralt gets into a tricky spot in these DLCs and someone needs to deus ex machina him out, Regis would be a great choice! gently caress some elf pretty boy nobody really likes, and a dragon lady who is probably dead. Regis is the real return character we all want.

And let's not forget we are in a *magical* setting, so if we want Regis back, we can always invent something like his rests were found by some shady sorcerer who used magic to accelerate his healing powers and in 1 year he recovered the equivalent of 100 years, making the timeframe where he is recovered to coincided with the timeframe of the game. It's a question if the writers want or not, not a question if it's "possible".

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Poolparty posted:

My Geralt is the Skellige freediving champion. He gracefully jumps off the Kaer Trolde bridge impressing the locals in the tavern below.

I assume Geralt does this nude, like a true professional.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I just did the High Stakes Gwent quest and realized that Sasha is the agent that the Lodge used to spy on Vattier. Always pleasantly surprised by the nice tie-ins into the books.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Iron Rose posted:

Yes. So I guess that kind of takes the significance out of the fact that he didn't sleep with her.

Voyager I posted:

She was Djikstra's lover before the games, so I kinda hope not.

While a degree of mutual respect was implied, the relationship was purely political, not passionate. And she seems to have broken it off as soon as she realized that kind of thing doesn't really work much for getting leverage on Dijkstra.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Patch notes for 1.10: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/652057373335535616

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Holy poo poo that's a massive loving patch. Glad I started a new game + and put it down after 2 hours. Time to pick it back up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Sharmat posted:

If Triss didn't at least suspect what was going on in TW2 (She did, that's why she acts so cold towards Sile) then she moves away from "naive" to "developmentally disabled".

I find it interesting how the comparative merits of two characters are instantly rendered trivial by the main character being able to bang them. No one ever made comments like this about Roche vs. Iorveth back in TW2 days.

Look the game doesn't give us the option to bang Dandelion so we have to argue over the two lesser choices okay

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Patchlog:

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/patch_1_10_changelog_en.pdf

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

someone give them a goddamn award for putting out a great loving game, and then consistently working on it to make it even better

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Introduces multiple improvements in gwent, including option to choose one of three
difficulty levels. To set option, go to Options>Game.

Thank goodness, I was getting tired of it being basically a complete dice roll whether or not my opponent would be braindead or the Witcher equivalent of Deep Blue.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
  • FIxes assorted graphics glitches, including, but not limited to, two instances of Roach appearing simultaneously, NPCs appearing to lack hands, dead bodies flying off after a foe is decapitated, and others.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Senjuro posted:

• FIxes assorted graphics glitches, including, but not limited to, two instances of Roach appearing simultaneously, NPCs appearing to lack hands, dead bodies flying off after a foe is decapitated, and others.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Worst patch ever.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I feel a bit guilty about going through this game so slowly but at the same time they keep improving it

I kind of want to buy the expansion now even though I'm not even close to finished

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I feel a bit guilty about going through this game so slowly but at the same time they keep improving it

I kind of want to buy the expansion now even though I'm not even close to finished

This is a game i will return to over and over, last time i marathoned Novigrad, and now I am looking forward to getting stoned af and taking my time just being a wandering hero through Skellige

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

havenwaters posted:

Worst patch ever.

Only if they patched out the box carrying high step marching peasants.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Only if they patched out the box carrying high step marching peasants.

I, uh, don't know how to break it to you...

Anyway, I was hoping to see "-Added ability to place books and notes in storage", but it's really amazing how dedicated they are to continuing to improve the quality of the game long after most companies would have said "Good enough" and stopped trying to sort out issues with the game.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
It's hard work, please buy a copy for everyone you know this xmas.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pwnstar posted:

Triss is the immature choice for fairytale loving teenagers, Yen is the mature choice for pun loving dads.

Comedy option: should've run off with Kiera. gently caress everyone and Ciri, I'm going to get money.

Swedish Horror posted:

Phillipa...

...yet :twisted:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

It's hard work, please buy a copy for everyone you know this xmas.

Are y'all starting to quiver at the thought of what the "far, far bigger" Cyberpunk is going to be like post-release? There might be patching going on until the heat death of the universe.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-hearts-of-stone-review/1900-6416268/

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Beeez posted:

Are y'all starting to quiver at the thought of what the "far, far bigger" Cyberpunk is going to be like post-release? There might be patching going on until the heat death of the universe.

gently caress this plague of open world games and the obsession with bigger and bigger maps that they've created. Would the Witcher 2 have been better if it had an open world? Would the Witcher 3 had been worse if most or even all the points of interests were removed and the map was condensed? Waste of resources if you ask me.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Senjuro posted:

gently caress this plague of open world games and the obsession with bigger and bigger maps that they've created. Would the Witcher 2 have been better if it had an open world? Would the Witcher 3 had been worse if most or even all the points of interests were removed and the map was condensed? Waste of resources if you ask me.

no one did

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ign Spanish version gave it 9.5.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Yennefer is Geralt's girlfriend in my playthrough (first encounter and said I still liked her after the spell was lifted, haven't had the second encounter yet). I haven't done the High Stakes quest yet, and apparently you get to sleep with Madame Sasha during it. Does that ruin things with Yennefer at this point?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Senjuro posted:

Yes
Yes
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yennefer is Geralt's girlfriend in my playthrough (first encounter and said I still liked her after the spell was lifted, haven't had the second encounter yet). I haven't done the High Stakes quest yet, and apparently you get to sleep with Madame Sasha during it. Does that ruin things with Yennefer at this point?

Yenn and Geralt have a pretty open relationship, the only thing that will cause problems for you is telling other women that you love them.