Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My girlfriend is playing in a nightmare league at work: 14 teams and you can play a QB in the flex position. She had Big Ben and Bridgewater, Ben is out, Bridgewater is on a bye...the only starting QB's available? Hasselbeck and Mallett...

I had her pick up Hasselbeck since Mallett is pure garbage (and for some reason a waiver claim that won't clear till next week in her ESPN league?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I'm going with Smith because he's 6th overall in yardage and because Bortles is a stupid name.

Also, Tampa Bay is marginally better at defending the pass the Chicago, though three yards average difference over four games doesn't amount to much statistically.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bortles over Smith, as a pissed off Chiefs fan.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
Any Gore owners out there struggling whether or not to play him on a Thursday? Right now I'm starting Forsett and Gurley instead of him, but I think I may put Gore in my flex Hurns and Abdullah. Stupid Colts making decisions hard.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Antifreeze Head posted:

I'm going with Smith because he's 6th overall in yardage and because Bortles is a stupid name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au1He0_eCkw

I always think of this when I hear his name.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
So with Luck out tonight my options are the previously discussed Bortles & Bradford, vs. Mariota on my bench. I'm looking to play whomever is least likely to put up a dud, since I should be a favorite this week. Leaning Mariota right now.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

kiimo posted:

Bortles over Smith, as a pissed off Chiefs fan.

I say Bortles over Smith because of the two Allens, and he's not afraid to throw it to them.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Do I want Allen Hurns or Allen Robinson as my bye-week WR? Who's better to own long term?

I want to say Robinson but Hurns seems like he's getting much more single coverage.

Other options for me to add:

Vincent Jackson
Leonard Hankerson
Pierre Garcon

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd probably still go with Moncrief.

really? does anyone here really think the Colts are going to gain more than 250 yards on offense tonight and/or score more than 17 points?

I'm in a .5 PPR and I would be shocked if Moncreif cracks double digits

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Seebee posted:

Any Gore owners out there struggling whether or not to play him on a Thursday? Right now I'm starting Forsett and Gurley instead of him, but I think I may put Gore in my flex Hurns and Abdullah. Stupid Colts making decisions hard.

RBs are consistently the only players who do well on Thursday. I'm starting him and feeling good about it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This has to be the shittiest feature game of the season. I have nothing to do tonight and I think I'd rather finally begin watching my recorded Mr. Robot episodes. At least there's some promise of entertainment.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

a shameful boehner posted:

Do I want Allen Hurns or Allen Robinson as my bye-week WR? Who's better to own long term?

I want to say Robinson but Hurns seems like he's getting much more single coverage.

Other options for me to add:

Vincent Jackson
Leonard Hankerson
Pierre Garcon

I kind of like Garcon with Reed out. Vincent Jackson has the same with Evans as you do with the Allens. However, with the Allens, I feel like it is easier to figure out who will be better be better based on who will be covering Robinson.

Edit: Long term though I'd say it is easily Robinson.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Dandy Kaiser posted:

really? does anyone here really think the Colts are going to gain more than 250 yards on offense tonight and/or score more than 17 points?

I'm in a .5 PPR and I would be shocked if Moncreif cracks double digits

Yeah but Nelson Agholor...and I don't like the risk of Stevie not playing.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
5 player cap per week on waivers loving blows. I have TE out and no backup, but I had 3 hurt defenders (we play 4) I had to wave and needed a new defense as well. I already had added a depth RB though so now I am poo poo out of luck on adding a tight end.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm starting Gates this week :getin:

Same. Good luck brother.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dynasty trade. Any thoughts?

I'm a contender trying to upgrade my WR depth for the stretch. I want Marshall, he wants Abdullah.

I give: Abdullah, Gore, 2016 3rd
I get: Marshall, Dwayne Allen, 2016 1st (probably high)

The Dynasty FF trade calculator says this is mostly even, if anything slightly in his favor. I have the ammo to make it without those two RBs this year.

My team (12 Team. . 5 PPR, start QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE/K/DST
QB: Palmer, Rivers
RB: Foster, Ivory, Lewis, Gore, Abdullah, Mathews, Zenner, CMike
WR: Dez, Fitz, ARob, Landry, M Jones, S Johnson, DJax, Montgomery, Snead
TE: Gronk
D: Jets, NYG
K: McManus

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

kiimo posted:

This has to be the shittiest feature game of the season. I have nothing to do tonight and I think I'd rather finally begin watching my recorded Mr. Robot episodes. At least there's some promise of entertainment.

I'm going to mute it and play Yakety Sax but you should absolutely watch Mr Robot over it if you've got catching up to do.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

quote:

Patriots signed RB Dion Lewis to a two-year, $4.4 million extension through 2017.
The deal includes a $600,000 signing bonus as well as $2 million in base salary and $1.8 million in possible incentives in 2016 and 2017. Signed to a futures contract last December, Lewis took hold of the starting running back job in New England with a strong training camp and preseason. Lewis has 325 total yards and two touchdowns through three games this season.

:3: #TodosConDion :3:

I'm really happy for him after the broken leg and bouncing around.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Alright, who should I start for TE this week - Olsen is on a bye and both these guys are FA:

Gary Barnidge @ BAL
Richard Rodgers vs STL

Barnidge has had some big games lately and seems to have good chemistry with McCown, but Rodgers is on a pretty drat good offense

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

dat one portagee posted:

Alright, who should I start for TE this week - Olsen is on a bye and both these guys are FA:

Gary Barnidge @ BAL
Richard Rodgers vs STL

Barnidge has had some big games lately and seems to have good chemistry with McCown, but Rodgers is on a pretty drat good offense

I'm starting Derek Carrier. TE converted from WR, limited pass options in Washington, they're projected to be down early and need to pass, and I can't remember the last time a Washington TE wasn't fantasy relevant. All that said it's definitely a risky move.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Latavius Murray fumble stat correction allowed me to win by 1.8 pts and remain undefeated. :cool:

I'm still confused though. Why is this a fumble charged to the QB:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015100401/2015/REG4/raiders@bears#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000549130&tab=videos

When this fumble from Week 2 was charged to Jeremy Hill?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534339&tab=videos

(hopefully the links direct to the right videos, it's hard to tell with NFL.com.)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

coronaball posted:

The Latavius Murray fumble stat correction allowed me to win by 1.8 pts and remain undefeated. :cool:

I'm still confused though. Why is this a fumble charged to the QB:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015100401/2015/REG4/raiders@bears#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000549130&tab=videos

When this fumble from Week 2 was charged to Jeremy Hill?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534339&tab=videos

(hopefully the links direct to the right videos, it's hard to tell with NFL.com.)

I'd have to look back and check Hill's points to see if that was corrected, but per the rules that should have been a Dalton fumble.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Starting 3 receivers in one of my league.

Currently have: D. Thomas, M. Evans, D. Moncrief

Flexing P. Garcon.

I have Mariota at QB. I have K. Wright on the bench. With Mariota, would it be worth swapping in Wright for any of these guys? I also have G. Tate available, and B. Marshall and R. Matthews on bye.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Starting 3 receivers in one of my league.

Currently have: D. Thomas, M. Evans, D. Moncrief

Flexing P. Garcon.

I have Mariota at QB. I have K. Wright on the bench. With Mariota, would it be worth swapping in Wright for any of these guys? I also have G. Tate available, and B. Marshall and R. Matthews on bye.

Start Wright over Moncrief - not because you're playing Mariota though. Just because he's a better option.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

How's do goons feel about Tevin Coleman now that Freeman has broken out. Do you guys think it's Freeman's job now or does Coleman find a way to eat into his production. Wouldn't mind owning more shares of the Atlanta offense.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I saw somewhere that Freeman was the new #1, but I'm sure there will be some spelling and TD poaches.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

RCarr posted:

Same. Good luck brother.

Heck ya, scooped him up off the wire, can't be any worse than Heath Miller.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

the_american_dream posted:

Do we have an IDP thread? Im wondering if I should pick up Josh Norman and give up the nice high floor Reshad Jones is giving me :ohdear:

In my screwy defensive players only league Josh Norman is the current points leader overall. There's nothing flukey about this dude's talents; he just finds a way to catch the opposing quarterback's ball. Tough to guarantee someone will get interceptions but if I had to bet on anyone to come down with 1 or even 2 per game it'd be him. I assume you only get to roster one defensive player?

If you can afford the room, and if your IDP scoring makes it worth while, may be worth giving up a bench spot. For the games where you want to play it safe, go with Jones. When you need a boom/bust player and Carolina's matchup is favorable, go with Norman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is this the week people should start Charles "Matt Forte" Sims?

Fantasypros is telling me to start Hill and Gio against Sea over playing Mike Evans or Allen Robinson. :psyduck:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 8, 2015

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

MacheteZombie posted:

Is this the week people should start Charles "Matt Forte" Sims?
I kinda have to in my case I think :negative:

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Standard Yahoo, 0ppr, 2rb/2wr/1flex

Opponent wants Dalton after losing Ben, and getting stuck with Flacco/Bradford/etc as his backup... My other QB is Tanney, but I'm ahead of him on waivers and should be able to grab Eli to fill in my spot for this week and going forward.

I proposed my Dalton + SSSr for his Demarco, who's just sitting on his bench. He said no, and asked for Dalton + Landry instead. This is a bit tougher - my WRs are Julio, Landry, Hurns, SSSr, and Stevie. Without Landry, I have absolutely no reliable WR2 (though I am pretty high on Hurns, and the WW has had lots of flyer WRs this year). My RBs are horrible underperformers too - Forsett, Hillman, CJA, and Yeldon - but since three of them had decent games last week, the pressure to get a deal done doesn't feel quite as high.

My WR2 (Landry) and part-time QB (Dalton) for Demarco, who'd be an instant starter. Fair? Opponent also has Doug Martin, and I might be able to get him for less...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Very quick repost: I've been offered Terrance Williams and Ameer Abdullah for my Charles Clay (I own Gronk) and Eagles D (I own Car D but even if I didn't, whatever, I like streaming anyways). So I'd pretty much be getting them both for free. But he's open to negotiation...could I try to angle for something better?

I'm on the right:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

See if you can get Wright instead of Williams.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I guess Dolphins decided to fire their DC after all.... I don't know how they do it but that organization looks like a bigger joke every day.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So in a Luckless offense who fares better, TY Hilton or Donte Moncrief?

My options at WR:
TY Hilton
DeAndre Hopkins

Donte Moncrief
Martavis Bryant
Allen Hurns

I want to go with Bryant, but Vick and first week back tells me no. Allen Hurns is intriguing but he's currently Questionable with TY/Donte playing tonight.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Boon posted:

My options at WR:
TY Hilton
DeAndre Hopkins

Donte Moncrief
Martavis Bryant
Allen Hurns

I want to go with Bryant, but Vick and first week back tells me no. Allen Hurns is intriguing but he's currently Questionable with TY/Donte playing tonight.

TY for sure. I'd hold off on Bryant as well, I think your bolded players are the correct play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So you guys were talking about Chris Sims...who is more worthy of taking a flier on? Sims or Helu?

My RB situation is dire, and I'm clinging to hope that I can find a scat back, Lance Dunbar type player for my PPR league and I think the two players above are my best options. I picked up Helu, stick with him or drop him for Sims?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Boon posted:

My options at WR:
TY Hilton
DeAndre Hopkins

Donte Moncrief
Martavis Bryant
Allen Hurns

As painful as it is, still feels like you've got to play Hilton. Hurns could continue to break out, but TY will find the end zone sometime, and I think he still fits dsys rule.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Should I trade Dion Lewis for Antonio Gates or Charles Clay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shath Hole posted:

So you guys were talking about Chris Sims...who is more worthy of taking a flier on? Sims or Helu?

My RB situation is dire, and I'm clinging to hope that I can find a scat back, Lance Dunbar type player for my PPR league and I think the two players above are my best options. I picked up Helu, stick with him or drop him for Sims?

Sims will see more play time than Helu barring an injury to LMurray in my opinion. Sims is getting worked in little by little, and is seeing a decent number of targets. Helu saw most of his work while Murray was sidelined.

I am actually considering Sims for my dynasty matchup this week because I really don't want to play Hill against Sea, but I might still play Hill.

Chill Penguin posted:

Should I trade Dion Lewis for Antonio Gates or Charles Clay?
Absolutely not.

• Locked thread