Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Select Commission on Beanghazi doing some serious damage to the party goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ben Carson has poo poo taste in chicken.

Now you've gone too far.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

evilweasel posted:

Do you mean Syria, or did I miss Putin really going to town on bombing countries today?>

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/08/politics/russian-missiles-syria-landed-iran/index.html

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

evilweasel posted:

Do you mean Syria, or did I miss Putin really going to town on bombing countries today?>

CNN says the US reports that a few Russian missiles bound for Syria crashed into Iran.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

haveblue posted:

You can trust that Ben Carson knows what to do in a mass shooting situation because someone pointed a gun at him in a Popeye's once.

"You're not looking to rob me, the neurosurgeon. Go threaten the wage slave over there."

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

evilweasel posted:

Some Russian missiles apparently got shot into Iran.

Russia is assuring everyone that they went into the middle of Nowhere, Iran and apparently didn't detonate or something so no need to worry about Khamenei the Cowardly Dog.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ben Carson has poo poo taste in chicken.

You take that back!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bob Ojeda posted:

I think the most likely outcome is still that the Tea Coast people get some level of concessions and show their strength and then allow some establishment goon to get the spot. Although of course it would be an even more obvious poisoned chalice than it already is, at that point.

I doubt it since there are other Republicans talking about how they won't negotiate on poo poo. They're going for what they want and nothing less. Can't be ideologically pure any other way.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Actually they meant to crash land there and were carrying easily-recovered fissile materials. :tinfoil:

A Popeye's was put in down the road and I tried it for dinner. It was meh. Better than kfc but that's kfc.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There is literally nothing wrong with Popeye's

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Charlie Rangel throwing some first-class shade:

https://twitter.com/cbrangel/status/652180885891063809

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Amergin posted:

Some Russian missiles apparently got shot into Iran.

Russia is assuring everyone that they went into the middle of Nowhere, Iran and apparently didn't detonate or something so no need to worry about Khamenei the Cowardly Dog.

These are their newest missiles so it would be pretty nice if we could get our hands on one if it's relatively intact. Too bad they fell in Iran instead of Iraq.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

evilweasel posted:

You missed out. It was an 'accident' and those cruise missiles only fly over desolate areas so just ignore most people saying they fly right over settlements. This is what I was always afraid of with Russia starting this bombing campaign, they're such a cobbled together military, they're going to start something by accident, I just know it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Teflon Don posted:

Ben Carson was held at gunpoint at a Popeyes. That's wrong.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

owns

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

AfroLine posted:

Being held at gunpoint doesn't make the chicken taste bad. Checkmate

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Actually they meant to crash land there and were carrying easily-recovered fissile materials. :tinfoil:

A Popeye's was put in down the road and I tried it for dinner. It was meh. Better than kfc but that's kfc.

The key is getting poo poo right out of the fryer. Go when they're busy. Ask for the fresh poo poo.

And Cajun sparkle. Mmmmmmsg.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

AfroLine posted:

Yes, but he got out of it by heroically rushing at the gunman pointing the gunman to another person and saying "that's the guy you want".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hulk Krogan posted:

lol

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Popeye's is banging bro, sorry about your bad taste in fast food fried chicken :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Yes, but he got out of it by heroically rushing at the gunman pointing the gunman to another person and saying "that's the guy you want".

Whoa nice metaphor for the current primary season.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
So if we assume Scalise won't be Speaker because of Tea Party opposition (and the KKK thing), is there even an establishment frontrunner now? Tom Price?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Teflon Don posted:

Do you think Carson got free meal after everything was said and done

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Teflon Don posted:

That he was in a Popeyes and that he got held up does support Murdock point that he's the authentically black candidate though. When was the last time you saw obama in a popeyes? Not many of those in Kenya I bet.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

pathetic little tramp posted:

You missed out. It was an 'accident' and those cruise missiles only fly over desolate areas so just ignore most people saying they fly right over settlements. This is what I was always afraid of with Russia starting this bombing campaign, they're such a cobbled together military, they're going to start something by accident, I just know it.

"Just one sure kick and the whole rotten structure will come tumbling down" right? :rolleyes:

I believe the Ossetia conflict and the Crimea operation show that the idea of an incompetent Russian military is mostly a myth.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Given who raiders of tortilla coast are backing, I suggest new title is saw in Twitter

USPOL October: The Devil and Daniel Webster

Ref:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_and_Daniel_Webster

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

AfroLine posted:

There's no such thing as a free lunch

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

William Bear posted:

So if we assume Scalise won't be Speaker because of Tea Party opposition (and the KKK thing), is there even an establishment frontrunner now? Tom Price?

Costa said Peter King is trying to draft Tom Cole.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
30 Republicans doesn't look insurmountable to me.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahahaha and now Russia is starting war with Iran. BUCKLE IN KIDS IT'S GETTIN GOOD

I thought they were starting a war with Turkey.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Haha, Dave Brat is on TV. I love that guy.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Tom Price just said that they should elect a caretaker Speaker to serve the next 15 months, according to Twitter.

Also, today is Price's birthday! :toot:

I wonder what he wished for?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AfroLine posted:

Come on guys, they can feed all of us.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

William Bear posted:

Tom Price just said that they should elect a caretaker Speaker to serve the next 15 months, according to Twitter.

Hell, that makes sense, it's not like there's going to be any important business in the next year and three months

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teflon Don posted:

Strange way to spell Bojangles but

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

30 Republicans doesn't look insurmountable to me.

I thought they were starting a war with Turkey.

You have to get to 218 and there are 248 house republicans, if all of the freedom caucus votes against a candidate (either for one person or for several persons) they're cooked.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

evilweasel posted:

Multiple sources are now confirming that Russia shot at least 4 guided missiles into Iran, allegedly by accident but god this has such potential to be a clusterfuck accident or not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Any Republican voting for Pelosi for speaker would instantly get double digit primary challengers next year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

William Bear posted:

boehner's getting a downgrade to caretaker speaker lawl

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fix posted:

"You're not looking to rob me, the neurosurgeon. Go threaten the wage slave over there."

For it was, the thief pointed the gun at the Anointed one.
Mere mortals would have cowered, but the son of Michigan stood firm.
The evil one barked tongues of flame at him, and he did not sway.
The Anointed one then proclaimed,
And doth the thief, dazed and confused, staggered over to the equally sinful wage slave.

- Carson 5: 1-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

AhhYes posted:

Rep. Peter King tells me that members are crying in cloakroom, unable to handle the unrest and confusion. "A banana republic," he says.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/652181319590522880

It's been an amazingly lovely week and this is the only bright spot. But it is a very bright spot

• Locked thread