Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Peccadillo posted:

Rhys Muldoon once told me they all used to tease the deaf presenter

Like, be talking to her and then put their hands over their mouths and say "gently caress you" or something

Muldoon's a weird guy, it might just'a been him

Regardless of whether that's true or not, why the hell would he tell that story to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Laserface posted:

Guys my girlfriend is floating the idea of moving to Hobart because its cheaper to live there. I understand that there is bugger all work there and that most people who grow up there actually move to the mainland for a better quality of life.

Can someone please elaborate on why this would be good/bad either from their experiences or second hand info?

Sever

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Regardless of whether that's true or not, why the hell would he tell that story to anyone?

That guy was Rudd's Peta Credlin, but wrote a children's book with him instead of power-broke. He's the coolest but he's an odball

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

The Peccadillo posted:

That guy was Rudd's Peta Credlin, but wrote a children's book with him instead of power-broke. He's the coolest but he's an odball

He was Rudd's chief of staff?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Imagine if Tony Abbott was a speed dealer and not Are PM

https://vine.co/v/OFFgQprw6l2

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Zenithe posted:

I dunno, ScoMo has always struck me an "extra mild butter chicken" kind of guy. I'm quite curious now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwgjVzkT-I

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Laserface posted:

Guys my girlfriend is floating the idea of moving to Hobart because its cheaper to live there. I understand that there is bugger all work there and that most people who grow up there actually move to the mainland for a better quality of life.

Can someone please elaborate on why this would be good/bad either from their experiences or second hand info?

hobart is a cool place literally the only thing wrong with it is the coldness in winter and lack of employment opportunities all year around. rent is legit fantastic, it's actually possible to survive on centrelink

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

The Peccadillo posted:

Kevin Rudd was secretly having a lot of gay sex?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Yes and yes, but keep it quiet. Sincerely, Rudd's son

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Laserface posted:

My sister moved there from Melbourne. She loves it. The food is great, they have cool festivals. It's super cheap and very pretty (and cold). She manages to live on a combo of dole/waitressing/barista/festival jobs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Brisbane taxi drivers charged over attacks on Uber drivers

Police say two men were part of a group who allegedly punched drivers and another motorist, stole one of their phones and damaged their cars

Two taxi drivers have been charged over allegedly targeted attacks against Uber drivers who where sitting in their cars in central Brisbane.

The drivers, aged 26 and 29 from Calamvale, were allegedly part of a group who attacked two Uber drivers and another motorist mistaken for an employee of the ridesharing app early on Monday morning at Fortitude Valley and Kangaroo Point.

The group allegedly punched the drivers, stole one of their phones and damaged the cars before fleeing.

The two men will appear in Brisbane magistrates court on Friday charged with a string of offences including assault occasioning bodily harm, stealing and unlawful entry of a vehicle.

The arrests come amid rising frustrations among taxi drivers, who claim the app is operating illegally in Queensland.

An independent review of the state’s taxi plan is not due until next August.

Former Main Roads director general Jim Varghese was on Wednesday appointed to review the plan, which expires this year and includes limousine and ride-share services.

Transport minister Jackie Trad has fended off calls from both sides to act, insisting her government will not rush the process.
Meanwhile police say their investigations into the recent assaults are continuing.

Unsurprising.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nauru backtracks on vow to process asylum claims within week

The Nauruan government says it will not have 600 refugee applications finalised within a week, despite making that commitment just days ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-08/nauru-backtracks-on-vow-to-process-asylum-claims-within-week/6839250

Big surprise. Other key points: 75 percent of the 400 processed have been found to be genuine refugees WHICH WE'VE SPENT BILLIONS ON TORTURING GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY THAT.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
75% seems low given other processing results, probably closer to 90 with a thorough appeals process

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The new Channel 9 political panel show is out http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/the-verdict/videos/4542072939001/

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Is this a bong joke? She's a good friend of mine

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Hobo Erotica posted:

Is this a bong joke? She's a good friend of mine

It's not a joke. I'm disgusted the ABC is pushing drug culture onto our children at such an early age.

Next time you're snorting coke with your ABC hipster friend at a absinthe bar in Surry Hills, tell her she should be ashamed of herself.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

"There is a Muslim problem" says Mark Latham
What can our politicians learn from Trump
Latham says Australia is over servicing mental health
Jaqui Lambie on Muslim integration
Interview with Troy Newman, extreme anti-abortionist.

:barf:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Amethyst posted:

It's not a joke. I'm disgusted the ABC is pushing drug culture onto our children at such an early age.

Next time you're snorting coke with your ABC hipster friend at a absinthe bar in Surry Hills, tell her she should be ashamed of herself.

Sadly I think those days are behind us :(

Well, for the time being at least.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Please find out what really happened to doctor rudy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Cripes, that is RANCID. Tell me that it got poo poo ratings and so isn't reaching an audience large enough to get depressed about, right?

I'd say it would be worth filing complaints about the 'Australia cares too much about mental health' during mental health week, at least, but I'm pretty sure a standards board wouldn't be able to do much with that, and it might bring controveresy-attention to the show that it doesn't deserve.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

The inane BBQ chat part is the most accurate reflection of Australian suburbia ever produced.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Most of your forefathers voted Liberal until WWI & WWII came along, and then they suddenly decided they didn't want Zionist NWO governments that have killed over 100,000 Aussie soldiers fighting European civil wars running the country. The only war Labor has ever gotten us into was Bob Hawke and the first Gulf War, and that's because he is an unabashed Zionist who did exactly what the Zionist/American clique told him to do.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
The chick from life support knows to use an orchy bottle for athe Kylie Kwong you dick heads

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Solemn Sloth posted:

Most of your forefathers voted Liberal until WWI & WWII came along, and then they suddenly decided they didn't want Zionist NWO governments that have killed over 100,000 Aussie soldiers fighting European civil wars running the country.

The Liberal Party was founded in 1945 and Zionists were responsible for neither World War. Was your post satirical/ironic in some way I'm missing, because it seems really inappropriately preoccupied with Zionism.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Smudgie Buggler posted:

The Liberal Party was founded in 1945 and Zionists were responsible for neither World War. Was your post satirical/ironic in some way I'm missing, because it seems really inappropriately preoccupied with Zionism.

Don't you know that the Jews have been running the show since the 19th century? I mean it's written right there in the protocols.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Smudgie Buggler posted:

The Liberal Party was founded in 1945 and Zionists were responsible for neither World War.

Yeah it's pretty well known that WW2 was started by Polish aggression.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
While you guys haven't been making awesome posts here to amuse me Ball Snoting has been in virtual worlds

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

drat Jews killed the forums too!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Unimpressed posted:

I think you'll find it was Ralp that killed the forums and Ralp isn't a Jew. Ralp is just Ralp.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/652215126410395648

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Unimpressed posted:

mods knew

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
You guys are still not amusing me, gas thread ban OP

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Pauline Hanson posted:

I’ve never said one racist thing in my life

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Pauline Hanson

Technically true!

Edit: She's said more than one racist thing. Also Andrew Bolt is the only person who's been convicted of racism.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
A convicted racist.

I wish P & C where next to eachother on the keyboard.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Big floofy kittin moments before he left to go to his new home:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Please tink, please use timg. I want to read your non firstdog posts, don't make me put you on ignore. God especially for the loving gigantic cat pictures.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I keep reading Geoff Hunt as Greg Hunt.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Abc news homepage has 4 separate articles about deaths by domestic violence and a fifth cold case that sounds like it might be dv too. And a pregnant rape victim in a nauru detention centre which isn't dv but it's still violence against women.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

hooman posted:

Please tink, please use timg. I want to read your non firstdog posts, don't make me put you on ignore. God especially for the loving gigantic cat pictures.

I've got your back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

By 5pm, only three Reclaim Australia protesters and one dog braved the frontline. The small collection later grew to 15.

lmaoooo

• Locked thread