Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

clockworkjoe posted:

The Case Officer's Handbook in hardback stretch goal has been achieved in the Delta Green Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game/posts/1372560

Details on how to upgrade the Agent's Handbook to the Case Officer's Handbook by upping your pledge are in the update. If you have any questions about how much everything is in, feel free to ask.

The Agent's Handbook will retail for $40 and $10 for US shipping so it costs $50 in the Kickstarter.

The Case Officer's Handbook will retail for $60 and $10 for US shipping so it costs $70 in the Kickstarter.

I have a question. I'm looking to obtain the Case Officer's Handbook in PDF only but maybe I didn't read correctly. Do I have to pledge 20$ for the Agent's Handbook PDF and then add 10$? or do I have to order the Agent's Handbook (20$) plus 30$ for a total of 50$?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

papasyhotcakes posted:

I have a question. I'm looking to obtain the Case Officer's Handbook in PDF only but maybe I didn't read correctly. Do I have to pledge 20$ for the Agent's Handbook PDF and then add 10$? or do I have to order the Agent's Handbook (20$) plus 30$ for a total of 50$?

It's 30 total.

The Children of Atlach-Nacha is so good. I haven't read the rest of the backer-only stuff posted for DG yet but I doubt any of it's bad.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Ork needs more dappa

Far from the greatest sculpts, but you have to appreciate what is going on here.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

He has a link to his LinkedIn profile in his KS profile.

This. Of course, that's assuming he put his actual profile in his Kickstarter links.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

There's some irony to the idea of Libertarian Monopoly, what with the original version of the game being all about showing the flaws of capitalism.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Update from Call of Cthulhu:

quote:

Now that we have gone through where things stand with the books, I need to go through some background. When Greg and Sandy assumed the management of Chaosium on June 2nd, 2015 Chaosium had less than $10,000 in the bank, a wide range of debts that far exceeded that amount, and a $15,000 deposit made to the printers on an initial printing bill that will well exceed $100,000. No books were being printed, let alone shipped. There was, simply, no money.

As an FYI, the KS pulled in $561,836.

It's amazing how these projects can be so mismanaged. At least I'll get my HC rulebooks to flip and recoup some of my initial investment.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I got my physical shot tracker from the Feng Shui 2 KS. Very high quality, but I'm not sure how I'm going to store this thing. Even in halves the tracker is a bit large.

The tracker has two tokens for each archetype, multiple Boss/Featured Foe/Mooks by faction, four generic "power type" tokens, and four blank tokens.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That is way pretty. Holy cow.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Warpath is ending in a couple days! Great looking minis and the alpha rules for the mass battle version are looking good. KS is also funding a more platoon-level version of the game, but the rules for that are too early in development to preview.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Spellbook Gaming Boxes

I can't see myself using one of these, but :drat:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I used to use a similar thing. Book-shaped box, flocked and fancy looking, about as deep as the width of your hand. Didn't have the faux elvish or foam insert, but made a great place to stash pencils and sheets, and a rolling surface in a pinch. Think my housemate found 'em at Pier 1.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
lol at using a weed box for game stuff

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

lol at using a weed box for game stuff

It's not a weed box. It's obviously a coke stash - what do you think the mirror is for?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's not a weed box. It's obviously a coke stash - what do you think the mirror is for?

:vince: that makes too much sense.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If I was at the stage in my life where I have money to burn, I would seriously consider the purchase of something like this.
This probably says nothing good about my character.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Those are really expensive and small. Should be large enough to hold a tablet and a full-size reference book or a bunch of RPG poo poo, come on now. That means they've created an opportunity for someone else.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

That looks slick as hell.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Spellbook Gaming Boxes

Man, if I could replace that mirror with a place for an ipad mini, I'd be all over this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

Spellbook Gaming Boxes

gently caress it I'm about to spend 90 dollars on a fake spellbook for my bullshit wizard dice and figure for my gay rear end pretend playtime.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Got to watch part of a prototype of Scythe yesterday. I'll try and grab photos today even though it's unlikely I'll get to play myself, but expect the kickstarter goal to rise to pay my medical costs - penises weren't meant to get this hard.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jedit posted:

Got to watch part of a prototype of Scythe yesterday. I'll try and grab photos today even though it's unlikely I'll get to play myself, but expect the kickstarter goal to rise to pay my medical costs - penises weren't meant to get this hard.

What about it gives you a nerd boner, aside from the art?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

What about it gives you a nerd boner, aside from the art?

It's got a nice balance between worker placement, economy and area control - sort of like Tzol'kin, but with Dudes on a Map replacing the temporal aspect that burns brains in that game.

Also I've had an amusing influence on the rulebook.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

It's got a nice balance between worker placement, economy and area control - sort of like Tzol'kin, but with Dudes on a Map replacing the temporal aspect that burns brains in that game.

Also I've had an amusing influence on the rulebook.

What is Tzol'kin?

Also this has tingled my interest. Please report back.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

Helical Nightmares posted:

What is Tzol'kin?

It's a worker placement game where you place workers on rotating discs that advance every turn. It ends up involving a lot of planning moves out many rounds in advance so that you're able to harvest corn instead of being forced into a bad move because two rounds ago someone took the thing you just realized you need to do.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I am ridiculously hyped for Scythe.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

gently caress it I'm about to spend 90 dollars on a fake spellbook for my bullshit wizard dice and figure for my gay rear end pretend playtime.

I only very very infrequently do any tabletop gaming and I still want one of those huge rear end gaming tables with all of those pull out drawers, desks, and trays. Nerd-lust is rarely reasonable.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
20th Century Mechs sure has my attention (loved Ring of Red even if it had its share of problems).

Also it's being published by Stonemaier Games, which IIRC are good for quality? I never backed any of their projects, but I heard good things.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

20th Century Mechs sure has my attention (loved Ring of Red even if it had its share of problems).

Also it's being published by Stonemaier Games, which IIRC are good for quality? I never backed any of their projects, but I heard good things.

That is a strong upside of the project despite it being KS. Stonemaier makes very high quality stuff and the founder, Stegmaier, is super serious business about KS projects. Literally wrote a book on it based off his super interesting blog. http://stonemaiergames.com/e-newsletter/blog/

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Helical Nightmares posted:

What is Tzol'kin?

Try it out http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamepanel?game=tzolkin

(If you play 2p you will get the snot kicked out of you the first hundred or so plays, BGA is full of sharks. But stick with it. If I'm around (same username) I'm happy to give a learner game.)

ChiTownEddie posted:

I am ridiculously hyped for Scythe.

gently caress yes, this is an absolute day 1 back for me.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 9, 2015

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

berzerkmonkey posted:

This is the kind of content I come here for.

Libertarian Monopoly sounds like a great idea. Make the money Bitcoins and have very few explicit rules. Heavily weight the whole thing so that having even slightly more money then the other players gives you a massive advantage. Set the entire thing up so that about an hour into it the entire game falls apart due to bickering and infighting, shouldn't take too many changes.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:cthulhu: More Delta Green news :cthulhu:

Add to the social media campaign, get more content unlocked.

Links here: http://www.delta-green.com/2015/10/agents-of-delta-green-start-recruiting/

quote:

Agents of Delta Green, start recruiting!

The Kickstarter program for Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game is going strong with 18 days left. So far we’ve focused on reaching out to die-hard fans of Delta Green and offering them as many options and rewards as possible. Now it’s time to expand our reach.

Agents and Friendlies, Delta Green needs you!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Help us spread the word through Retweets, Favorites, and Likes. Post writeups and recordings of your experiences with the new game.

The more coverage we get, the more milestones we’ll hit. Every time we hit a milestone, we’ll unlock a reward and update the numbers to open up a new milestone.

NB: The links in the image are found here: http://www.delta-green.com/2015/10/agents-of-delta-green-start-recruiting/

quote:

Give Us Your Links!

Tell people about playing Delta Green: The Role-Playing game using the new rules. We want you to share it! Here are some possibilities

A blog post
A detailed forum post
Pictures from your game
An audio or video recording of your game
A podcast talking about the game
A review of how the rules work (bearing in mind they may change a little before press!)
An interview with the designers
Send us the link to what you’ve created. (Comment here, Message us at Kickstarter, send email, whatever.) We’ll add it to the Links Achieved menu and count it toward the milestones.

Links Achieved

“Delta Green: Inheritance” (Actual Play audio)
Summary at The Escapist
Interview: Kenneth Hite on The Fall of Delta Green
Interview: Shane Ivey on Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Interview: Gil Trevizo on Delta Green: Operational History
Scenario Workshop at Gen Con 2015
Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game seminar at Gen Con 2015

Rewards Unlocked

Watch this space!

Upcoming Rewards

As we unlock these we’ll put them together. We’ll make each available as quickly as possible.

“A Victim of the Art”: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Art prints: Dennis Detwiller’s paintings from Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game will be made available as fine-art prints you can order from a third-party vendor (art.com).
“Lover in the Ice”: Caleb Stokes’ scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
“Music from a Darkened Room”: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
“Music from a Darkened Room” audio: A recording of Shane Ivey running “Music from a Darkened Room” for his friends (two episodes)
Future/Perfect, Part 1: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Future/Perfect, Part 1 audio: A recording of Shane Ivey running Future/Perfect, Part 1 for his friends (two episodes)
Future/Perfect, Part 2: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Future/Perfect, Part 2 audio: A recording of Shane Ivey running Future/Perfect, Part 2 for his friends (two episodes)
Future/Perfect, Part 3: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
“Alphonse’s Axioms for Agents”: Available as a game prop, an old email printed out for reference
Future/Perfect, Part 4: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
High-res wallpapers: Six high-resolution wallpapers of art from Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game available free to all backers at the $20 “Agent’s PDF” tier and higher
“The Last Equation”: Dennis Detwiller’s scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game

Delta Green Core Rules preview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icny21ke8lblraj/Delta%20Green%20RPG%20cheat%20sheets.pdf?dl=0

Delta Green Character Sheet preview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5movs8ora7l1v2/Delta%20Green%20RPG%20character%20sheet%20forms.pdf?dl=0

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 10, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Had a chance to see 7th Continent at Spiel. All fears you may have ever about it lacking replayability are confirmed. It's literally a multiplayer CYOA book with every paragraph on its own card.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Jedit posted:

Had a chance to see 7th Continent at Spiel. All fears you may have ever about it lacking replayability are confirmed. It's literally a multiplayer CYOA book with every paragraph on its own card.

Well, sure. But so is Tales of the Arabian Nights essentially. I mean, those games don't really appeal to me, but when you have a crap-ton of choices, you tend to forget what leads where anyhow.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
The Delta Green Kickstarter stretch goals have been revised and expanded upon:

Right now $80 gets you (all in PDF) The Agent's Handbook, The Case Officer's Handbook (expanded GM guide), OPERATIONAL HISTORY: A new 128-page timeline of the world of Delta Green, Viscid, Observer Effect, Archint, Iconoclasts, The Star Chamber (Additional material or scenarios) and more material released free to backers. Add another $25 for The Fall of Delta Green in pdf, the campaign and setting guide to Delta Green in the 1960s.

quote:

At $180K: IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES IN PDF AND FULL-COLOR HARDBACK: A sourcebook and full-length campaign where Delta Green agents face the influence of the King in Yellow, written by Dennis Detwiller with Daniel Harms, Robin Laws, and John Scott Tynes. ADD-ON COST: $50 for hardback plus free PDF; $20 for just the PDF. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $190K, "THE LAST SHOW": A short story of Delta Green and the King in Yellow, written by Dennis Detwiller. Available FREE to all backers.

At $200K, "REDACTED: FUSION CENTERS": Detailed player-facing write-ups of organizations that are only summarized in the core rules: the ATF, the Secret Service, ICE, Customs and Border Protection, the Coast Guard, and FEMA. Available FREE to all backers.

At $210K, "WORMWOOD ARENA": A new scenario by Greg Stolze in which Delta Green agents must go undercover to learn the true goals of a cult with ties to the unnatural. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $220K, CONTROL GROUP IN PDF AND FULL-COLOR HARDBACK: An introductory campaign by Greg Stolze, written to teach new players the rules and to create a team of Agents out of those who survive along the way. ADD-ON COST: $50 for hardback plus free PDF; $20 for just the PDF. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $230K, “REDACTED: THE COLLECTORS": Detailed player-facing write-ups of organizations that were only summarized in the core rules: DIA, NSA/CSS, NRO, ONI, NGA, NCTC. Available FREE to all backers.

At $240K, "REDACTED: BIG DATA": Detailed player-facing write-ups of organizations that were only mentioned or summarized in the core rules: DARPA, Nuclear Security Administration (NEST), NASA (Dryden AFRC). Available FREE to all backers.

At $250K, "REDACTED: BELTWAY BANDITS": Detailed player-facing write-ups of organizations that were only mentioned or summarized in the Agent’s Handbook: Constellis Group, CACI, RAND, Booz Allen Hamilton, Lockheed Martin.

At $260K, DEEP STATE IN PDF AND FULL-COLOR HARDBACK: A sourcebook detailing the diaspora of secret MAJESTIC-12 programs. Built around an alien threat that seemed to vanish, these projects failed, changed, evolved and in some cases grew throughout the Global War on Terror and as a consequence of conflicts with Delta Green. ADD-ON COST: $50 for hardback plus free PDF; $20 for just the PDF. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

And if we get that far, we have a lot more to come....

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

papasyhotcakes posted:

Agent Handbook PDF is $20

Case Officer Handbook PDF is $30.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I wish they'd swap DEEP STATE for IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I think my order of most to least went Inhuman Intelligences (Ken Hite campaign on an underated previously clumsily handled mythos threat sounds excellent), Landscapes, Deep State, Dreamlands (albeit for the Nodens cult, for the same reason as Inhuman), Darkest Hour (Achtung Cthulhu is not my cup of tea, so DG's take on the period is far more interesting), Falling Towers, Cowboy, others. I'd buy everything, but I know we're not going to get most of the things I'd really like to see.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The RPPR AP sold me on Delta Green. It felt like a nice, streamlined system, and the demo rules that've been released reads well.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/556341540/bots-battleground-the-first-boogie-dice-based-game/description

This is one of the dumbest gaming kickstarters I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I'd get one as a novelty if they were cheaper, but yeah, if I didn't want to actually roll the dice myself I'd just use a dice roller program.

• Locked thread