Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cremnob posted:

shut the gently caress up bitch

lord smythe i call upon thee to smite this heretic down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Last Chance posted:

Revised list:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5c
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus

Of which what, at most 4 were ever available simultaneously?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

qntm posted:

plus 7 of those 11 iPhones are on the latest iOS

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
isn't there a 4s that came out in 2011 but can still run the latest 9.0.2 too

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DaNzA posted:

isn't there a 4s that came out in 2011 but can still run the latest 9.0.2 too

yeah, that list is missing the 4s and yes, it supports ios9

i know this as it's what i'm posting from

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

theultimo posted:

iPhone 3G 8, 16 GB iPhone 3GS 8, 16, 32 GB* iPhone 3G (China/No Wi-Fi) 8 GB iPhone 3GS (China/No Wi-Fi) 16, 32 GB iPhone 4 (GSM) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 4 (CDMA/Verizon/Sprint) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 4S (4s*) 8, 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 4S (GSM China/WAPI) 8, 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5 (GSM/LTE 4, 17/North America) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5 (CDMA/LTE, Sprint/Verizon/KDDI) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5 (GSM/LTE 1, 3, 5/International) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5 (CDMA China/UIM/WAPI) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5 (GSM/LTE/AWS/North America) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5c (GSM/North America/A1532) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (CDMA/Verizon/A1532) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (CDMA/China Telecom/A1532) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (CDMA/US/Japan/A1456) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (UK/Europe/Middle East/A1507) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (China Unicom/A1526) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (Asia Pacific/A1529) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5c (China Mobile/A1516) 8, 16, 32 GB iPhone 5s (GSM/North America/A1533) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (CDMA/Verizon/A1533) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (CDMA/China Telecom/A1533) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (CDMA/US/Japan/A1453) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (UK/Europe/Middle East/A1457) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (China Unicom/A1528) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (Asia Pacific/A1530) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 5s (China Mobile/A1518) 16, 32, 64 GB iPhone 6 (GSM/North America/A1549) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 (CDMA/Verizon/A1549) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 (Global/Sprint/A1586) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 (China Mobile/A1589) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 Plus (GSM/North America/A1522) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 Plus (CDMA/Verizon/A1522) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 Plus (Global/Sprint/A1524) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6 Plus (China Mobile/A1593) 16, 64, 128 GB* iPhone 6s (AT&T/A1633) 16, 64, 128 GB iPhone 6s (Global/A1688) 16, 64, 128 GB iPhone 6s (Mainland China/A1700) 16, 64, 128 GB iPhone 6s Plus (AT&T/A1634) 16, 64, 128 GB iPhone 6s Plus (Global/A1687) 16, 64, 128 GB iPhone 6s Plus (Mainland China/A1699) 16, 64, 128

that samsung list is just from this year, 2015, you freaking bafoon

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

qntm posted:

5s
6+
6s
6s+

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

that samsung list is just from this year, 2015, you freaking bafoon

lol but sadly no

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Thanks Ants posted:

this constant reference to productivity in their presentations is really annoying
reminds me of that other company which just kept insisting that their stuff was all about productivity and efficiency and getting big important business things done (in some vague way)

you know - late era blackberry

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

univbee posted:

yeah, that list is missing the 4s and yes, it supports ios9

i know this as it's what i'm posting from

oops . i still use my deactivated 4s. wifi call and text forwarding to it works just fine tho

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last Chance posted:

oops . i still use my deactivated 4s. wifi call and text forwarding to it works just fine tho

Hmmm, now i'm wondering if I shouldn't completely forego phone service and just do this instead

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

univbee posted:

Hmmm, now i'm wondering if I shouldn't completely forego phone service and just do this instead

Naw, just put a pay as you go one in just in case.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

univbee posted:

yeah its nice when i leave my phone in my car or bag or something, my trusty old 4s rings and it works fine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

theultimo posted:

Naw, just put a pay as you go one in just in case.

investigating options but it looks like Bell's options are garbage for this, probably not worth it. oh well

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

univbee posted:

investigating options but it looks like Bell's options are garbage for this, probably not worth it. oh well

uhhh i used to use at&t pay as go years ago and it was like 8 bucks a month, idk how awful the prepaid situation can be in canada, but it can't be that bad

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

idk how awful the prepaid situation can be in canada, but it can't be that bad

oh my sweet summer child

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Canada is the only place where phone companies are WORSE than US.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The low end of the payg spectrum with data is over $30 a month and it's 15 cents per megabyte if you go over 200 megs

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

univbee posted:

The low end of the payg spectrum with data is over $30 a month and it's 15 cents per megabyte if you go over 200 megs

ya its like that too in the US if you want data, but i thought we were talking about a basic voice service and using wifi for everything else

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

ya its like that too in the US if you want data, but i thought we were talking about a basic voice service and using wifi for everything else

That's >$16 a month and it sounds like an iPhone is explicitly not compatible with this deal

maybe that's still a better option, though, just forget about apps and poo poo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

no matter how many times I uninstall windows 10 adware

and hide the "important" update which "resolves issues in Windows"

the next day it returns. without fail. no other update does this.

gently caress you microsoft

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

you have a brain problem

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

THC posted:

just loving install it, god

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Unless I want to use the pen on the desktop for some reason with the screen in the standard laptop orientation

Having interface changes when you remove the trackpad and keyboard is actually the consistent choice as far as windows 10 devices go - I'm not sure why you'd want to go against consistency stux

maybea more consisntent design choice would be to pick one os and stick to isntead of having a bizare clumsy system where the os switches between being a tablet os and a laptop and because of this decision eveyrthing else about the machine has to rotate around it.

laptop with a touchscreen or tabletl with a keyboard. pick one.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

THC posted:

if you're not happy with windows 10 it's really time to just go somewhere else rather than cling to win 7 tbh

may as well be an amiga enthusiast while you're at it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i had a strange dream where i was on vacation with my family in a haunted house, and i had to uninstall some spyware because it was somehow connected to the monster/ghost.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i had a strange dream where i was on vacation with my family in a haunted house, and i had to uninstall some spyware because it was somehow connected to the monster/ghost.

at some point people will figure to just put grandma down instead of relying on Norton to exorcise her

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

url posted:

It will be equally interesting to see that prick get spanners thrown at his face again public opinion response to hipster snobbishness despite their own fans calling their machines boat anchors.

it will be interesting to see how "that stock photo girl does"

it will be interesting to see "where is the loving magic in this underpowered overpriced device"

it will be interesting to see "oh poo poo the stylus isn't a failure, ours is just shitteiter than everybody elses"

it's already interesting to see "poo poo, we shouldn't call the factories mordor - that might make us look like utterly disgusting cunts of the highest and unforgivable order"

it's already interesting to see that "this form factor is perfect" has already been so horribly horribly wrong that they are on their 4th SKU literally following everybody else in the market

it's interesting that It's laughably obvious that the car thing is basically "lets copy google"

it's interesting that It's laughably obvious that the watch is more fail than the cube

its fantastically interesting to know that the the M&A/anti trust thing is coming soon

I really really wanted to know some apple fanboys personally since before the announcement of the apple watch, so I could watch them get hype, buying the apple watch, and now that it's widely considered a failure, see their faces when they talk (or avoid talking) about the apple watch.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
that would require you having friends period

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

:boom:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

program666 posted:

I really really wanted to know some apple fanboys personally since before the announcement of the apple watch, so I could watch them get hype, buying the apple watch, and now that it's widely considered a failure [source needed], see their faces when they talk (or avoid talking) about the apple watch.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

seriously imagine all those people, it's a huge number of people, trying those little pieces o plastic to their wrists really loving hyped, bragging about it, legitimately happy. Talking about it with their friends to the point of bothering them. And now that the hype dust has settled, now that every non-fanboy critic decided that the apple watch is preally obviously useless garbage that needs like 3 presses and a swipe just to pause the music, now that they can't deny it anymore, now that the best argument people are able to come up with to the defend it is "it looks good", I have to wonder if those people are ok.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's 5 people on my floor at work that have them and they're still wearing them, that could be dyp behavior but they seem happy [and no bragging]

I haven't seen a single metric that could reliably claim it's a "failure," I don't like it myself but it seems to be selling OK

program666
Aug 22, 2013

yeah, it's not a failure, bad wording there

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

program666 posted:

seriously imagine all those people, it's a huge number of people, trying those little pieces o plastic to their wrists really loving hyped, bragging about it, legitimately happy. Talking about it with their friends to the point of bothering them. And now that the hype dust has settled, now that every non-fanboy critic decided that the apple watch is preally obviously useless garbage that needs like 3 presses and a swipe just to pause the music, now that they can't deny it anymore, now that the best argument people are able to come up with to the defend it is "it looks good", I have to wonder if those people are ok.

i can imagine it but it seems like fantasy?

also what version of android is your phone on?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

there's 5 people on my floor at work that have them and they're still wearing them, that could be dyp behavior but they seem happy [and no bragging]

I haven't seen a single metric that could reliably claim it's a "failure," I don't like it myself but it seems to be selling OK
the same could be said about google wearables, except android users get to find new and exciting ways to make excuses for things like "unfortunately, Time has stopped"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

program666 posted:

yeah, it's not a failure, bad wording there

it can still be a failure and move a lot of units (initially)

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Diminishing returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

anthonypants posted:

the same could be said about google wearables, except android users get to find new and exciting ways to make excuses for things like "unfortunately, Time has stopped"

A Kind of an Android Watch

• Locked thread