Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peztopiary posted:

It's because he's loving another Representative. He'll end up resigning over it, and presumably she will as well. It was really almost indescribably stupid of them.

Is that illegal, or unethical, as far as House rules are concerned?

By the way, I had a sudden insight: remember in the 2000's, when Blue Dogs made sure that the Democratic majority in Congress couldn't completely hamstring the Republican Bush? Maybe it's time for Boehner to lead a Republican faction that, with the Democrats, would allow for governance by a Democratic President.

You could call them the Sad Puppies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It sounds like fancy contract talk for 'scents and sounds can count as a trademark when part of a company's identity'. Not sure about scents but in places like Japan and South Korea (they're part of this too right?) jingles are HUGE, I imagine a lot of companies would be pissed if suddenly the cute little notes they strung together to ensure their brand took root in people's memories were used by everyone.

South Korea was considering joining in but hasn't as of yet. They may be able to ratify the treaty later, but they didn't get to make any demands.

The countries involved are the ones in dark green on this map:

Light green countries considered joining in, but didn't.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol is that map listine niue as a country? map fail

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
republican party is really that far gone? lol

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKczi3mOOk

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm not saying anyone should do this, but I can find around 40 Republicans that meet in one place and if something where to happen like a gas explosion...

heck, its a tex mex joint, so the gas is already there

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
breaking news, us suspending training of rebels.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Are these two even different people?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hooded Reptile posted:

Weak Obongo caves to Putin yet again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

By the way, I had a sudden insight: remember in the 2000's, when Blue Dogs made sure that the Democratic majority in Congress couldn't completely hamstring the Republican Bush? Maybe it's time for Boehner to lead a Republican faction that, with the Democrats, would allow for governance by a Democratic President.

I think it's unethical, I doubt there's a proper 'don't gently caress colleagues' law on the books. Maybe if they shared info or something shady like that it could hit election law stuff?

SedanChair posted:

Now THERE'S the scandal that can get America buzzing. Doubtfire-Gate!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

Okay, now I actually believe it. It's well known that people who are involved slowly start to resemble each other.

JT Jag posted:

Weak Obongo caves to Putin yet again

Putting on my "11th-Dimensional Chess" hat, imagine if the whole point was to be really ineffective in order to encourage the Russians to commit troops, then pulling out and leaving them in the quagmire?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hooded Reptile posted:

Russia is attacking Iran for us.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So I heard that one of the reasons Boehner never had any control over his caucus was because he got rid of earmarks. Could the next Speaker probably re-implement that?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mr Interweb posted:

So I heard that one of the reasons Boehner never had any control over his caucus was because he got rid of earmarks. Could the next Speaker probably re-implement that?

We can certainly hope so. Sell it to the hawks as "bringing back pork to upset the Muslims", and Bob's your uncle!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What happened to all those blue dogs anyway?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

They lost reelection.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Agreed.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

They got replaced by republicans

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Turns out "centrist Republican but with a D next to my name" only sells well when the Republicans are in power.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How close are we to USAian and Russian troops shooting at each other. It feels like it's getting closer.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ron Jeremy posted:

Ironically, the Tea Party only managed to purge the Democrats into a more consistent party.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

How close are we to USAian and Russian troops shooting at each other. It feels like it's getting closer.

Soon enough, the Russian oligarchy is feeling overly confident while their people starve and kill themselves with drugs on a scale not even the United States can match.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Eschers Basement posted:

USPOL October: Where we're going, we won't need Speakers to lead

USPOL October: Speaker blown, Subwoofer of the House Now In Charge

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

USPOL October: Speaker blown, Subwoofer of the House Now In Charge

The Official House Freedom Caucus Theme Song:

http://youtu.be/2psAziEr0i4

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The Official House Freedom Caucus Theme Song:

http://youtu.be/2psAziEr0i4

Nope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

euphronius posted:

Slate's lead article at the moment is about exactly this topic.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

Nonsense posted:

Soon enough, the Russian oligarchy is feeling overly confident while their people starve and kill themselves with drugs on a scale not even the United States can match.

No. We are certainly staring down the barrel of Cold War 2.0 but it won't go hot

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Slate's use of HDR in every photo is a war crime.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

That sounds like a challenge. How good is Russia on Campus shootings?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This never would have happened under Mufasa...

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slate has a bug up its rear end about Russia and the US coming to blows. I don't see it happening because we have a lot of economic buttons that we could push before poo poo jumps off.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

gradenko_2000 posted:

I wonder what Reince Priebus must be feeling right now

Joy at the possibility of GOP control of the white house, senate and house in 2017? And possibly ensuring a GOP supreme court for 30+ more years?

Also being head of the RNC with cruise control mode on the house until 2022 at minimum.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

We'll kill them on that, but I don't think we can match them on krokodil usage.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

euphronius posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege#Storming_by_Russian_forces

quote:

The Beslan school siege (also referred to as the Beslan school hostage crisis or Beslan massacre)[2][3][4] started on 1 September 2004, lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children),[5] ending with the death of 385 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic terrorists, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004. The terrorists hostage-takers were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya and the UN and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces stormed the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons.[6] At least 385 hostages were killed, including 186 children,[7][8] with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.

quote:

At least three but as many as nine powerful Shmel rockets were fired at the school from the positions of the special forces (three[11] or nine[94] empty disposable tubes were later found on the rooftops of nearby apartment blocks). The use of the Shmel rockets, classified in Russia as flamethrowers and in the West as thermobaric weapons, was initially denied, but later admitted by the government.[13][95] A report by an aide to the military prosecutor of the North Ossetian garrison stated that RPG-26 rocket-propelled grenades were used as well.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

pathetic little tramp posted:

The reason conservatives were pretty quiet about it is because the rumour is that the dudes on the train were literally a gay couple on a vacation in france to wine country.

How does the 3rd guy fit in?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Did Russia ever fix it's counter-terrorism program, or is the strategy still to just shoot the hostage?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

How good is your resistance to nerve agents or aerosolized anaesthetics?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fried Chicken posted:

How does the 3rd guy fit in?

Wherever he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

A Winner is Jew posted:

We'll kill them on that, but I don't think we can match them on krokodil usage.

I just looked up what krokodil was and JESUS loving CHRIST

• Locked thread