Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Its like anyone can be a big successful entrepreneur, but Lowtax basically gave birth to this, the center of the internet, where these giants spawned. He is an extremely legendary figure who deserves more for his selfless actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Izumi Konata posted:

waitwhat? its the same guy who created the facebook of waffleimages?

he must be a millionaire, they practically have a monopoly on free image hosting!

The same guy who replaced like half of the images on the forums with a gold frog? Good times.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

genuine question: is there an easy way to whitelist SA ads using uBlock Origin that will lets the ads through on the top of the page but won't bombard my browser with tracker cookies and other bullshit? i tried using uBlock's builtin system to "unblock" the ads on forums.somethingawful.com pages but it was like a cyclopean nightmare of different URLs and poo poo and i never even got to the point where i saw an actual ad so i'm skeptical i ever gave lowtax any 10buxes. tia

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Lutha Mahtin posted:

genuine question: is there an easy way to whitelist SA ads that will bombard my browser with tracker cookies and other bullshit?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Oh good. This will eliminate one of the two major problems with browsing this site on my phone. Now I won't have to keep two copies of the control panel tab open in case one get eaten by an auto-redirect ad.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I <3 Video TV

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm on mobile and keep getting these bullshitass hijackers that open up the App Store to zynga and other bulkshitass mobile games there's one ad with a king in it. That's all I remember

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
did an admin or something give me no ads because i complained about them so much in the other thread

if so ty :)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm on mobile and keep getting these bullshitass hijackers that open up the App Store to zynga and other bulkshitass mobile games there's one ad with a king in it. That's all I remember

Yeah, they've seem to be far worse since the server came back up yesterday. I haven't really be able to browser the forum at all on my phone. Zynga ad for me too.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah, they've seem to be far worse since the server came back up yesterday. I haven't really be able to browser the forum at all on my phone. Zynga ad for me too.

Came here to whine and stomp my feet about this too. Forums are unusable on my iPhone with the constant redirects.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Just use the third party app :bubblewoop:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bwee posted:

Just use the third party app :bubblewoop:

Well, since I haven't upgraded to iOS 9, I can't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm not complaining, but why are so many of the top banner ads joke ads?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Came here to post this, took about 15 tries because of all the redirects. It's pretty goddamned terrible right now.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Upgrade to iOS 9.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Upgrade to iOS 9.

I've been on work assignment, so I haven't had a chance. And I like being able to use a web browser instead of a special app.

Besides:

Ralp posted:

Neither of these is a solution, please stfu.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

I'm not complaining, but why are so many of the top banner ads joke ads?

theyre p. good though

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Trabisnikof posted:

I've been on work assignment, so I haven't had a chance. And I like being able to use a web browser instead of a special app.

Besides:
This sounds like a personal problem.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

Your Operating System is a Piece Of poo poo

crAppleFAIL

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
They're back and worse than ever. Took be about 20 attempts just to navigate to this page and post a reply.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Please solve my bad dad problem

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

coldplay chiptunes posted:

They're back and worse than ever. Took be about 20 attempts just to navigate to this page and post a reply.

Spend 5$ on no ads to save this website

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Darth123123 posted:

Spend 5$ on no ads to save this website

I spent $2 on a jailbreak ad blocker instead.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I spent $2 on a jailbreak ad blocker instead.

Pleas support this s gay website

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Darth123123 posted:

Pleas support this s gay website
Why?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is the home of the rowdy trout meme.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is the home of the rowdy trout meme.
Nice. Got a link?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I just got an ad for Park City... which is where I already live :ughh:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I got an ad for a Ford Truck but I already own one. What the gently caress

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
RALP, PLEASE UNDERSTAND I DO NOT APPROVE YOU OF QUOTESHAMIHNG ME IN FRONT OF LEADER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE MOTHERFUCKING OP KNOWS HOW TO MODERATE HIS OWN GODDAMNED THREAD, YOU BLINDLY GAPING oval office.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Izumi Konata posted:

RALP, PLEASE UNDERSTAND I DO NOT APPROVE YOU OF QUOTESHAMIHNG ME IN FRONT OF LEADER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE MOTHERFUCKING OP KNOWS HOW TO MODERATE HIS OWN GODDAMNED THREAD, YOU BLINDLY GAPING oval office.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Hahaha, the giant target popup ad!
Awesome!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Izumi Konata posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Thanks, Ralp.

Thralp.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That guy is really bad and I can't ever manage to read more than two words of his posts. I don't know why, my brain just won't let me. Well, this is really off topic now.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Good kill.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i clicked on the "is your girlfriend a horse" ad and it didnt redirect to aggro gator, is one of the admins willing to look into this and remove the faulty ad or maybe fix the redirect?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DolphinCop posted:

i clicked on the "is your girlfriend a horse" ad and it didnt redirect to aggro gator, is one of the admins willing to look into this and remove the faulty ad or maybe fix the redirect?

fyi that is owned by aggro gator

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, getting on top of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I clicked on an SA link and it opened an ad in another tab.