Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Never hopefully. There's far more important things to worry about fixing. I know someone who works at Carbine and they are never going to be told about this. This also takes too much organization to get working too. Two sides need to queue up at the same time and ideally both need to be full of people who are all in on this.

My uncle works at Nintendo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Except they patched it out like an hour or two ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o59m5/any_word_on_the_bg_exploit/cvu9tku

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

My uncle works at Nintendo too

They wouldn't be involved in fixing this anyways.

Nope, it's still in the game. its really not an exploit. I mean it requires no exploiting of mechanics, its just players agreeing to sit around and do literally nothing but trade capture points.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Never hopefully. There's far more important things to worry about fixing. I know someone who works at Carbine and they are never going to be told about this. This also takes too much organization to get working too. Two sides need to queue up at the same time and ideally both need to be full of people who are all in on this.

You know that Cyster, who is a Carbine dev, reads and posts in these threads, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

You know that Cyster, who is a Carbine dev, reads and posts in these threads, right?

Nope but I do now.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Nope but I do now.

:magical:

I'd emptyquote this, but the comedy remains either way. Who wants to actually make the guild/a guild for general fuckery? Apparently dynasty isn't playing, or isn't looking at the social tab.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'd emptyquote this, but the comedy remains either way. Who wants to actually make the guild/a guild for general fuckery? Apparently dynasty isn't playing, or isn't looking at the social tab.

I think the census earlier in this thread was that no one wants to do this because you have to be subscribed.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

I said come in! posted:

Extra posted:

Except they patched it out like an hour or two ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o59m5/any_word_on_the_bg_exploit/cvu9tku

Nope, it's still in the game

Classic Carbine.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I'm sure organizing win trading isn't hard bc the group doing it is the only group actually still playing pvp

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

I said come in! posted:

I think the census earlier in this thread was that no one wants to do this because you have to be subscribed.

I think you can buy the rights from the store, or have it from being a previous subscriber? I dunno. Manifest Dynasty made Goon Squad on Entity Exiles.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

He actually got me into the guild, but I can't invite :v: And apparently, you can't send guild invites from an account friend request, which is the only thing that alerts you, apparently.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Is this game still terrible? I know its free, but 20gb of games files or whatever it is in size seems unnessesary for a bad game that i will probably uninstall after 20 minutes (that may be an optimistic assessment of time)

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, I'm definitely still playing. Just send a friend request to Manifest Dynasty if you want into the guild.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

I said come in! posted:

They wouldn't be involved in fixing this anyways.

Nope, it's still in the game. its really not an exploit. I mean it requires no exploiting of mechanics, its just players agreeing to sit around and do literally nothing but trade capture points.

They did remove xp from capping masks in the other bg so props to them for

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lalaland posted:

They did remove xp from capping masks in the other bg so props to them for

Yeah it's great my main legitimate source of experience and prestige that actually helped the team now does nothing. It was great to be able to log on for a quick game, cap a bunch of flags, get good exp/prestige and be done.

Not sure if it's funnier that NCSoft decided to publish this game or that some consumers decided to pay money for it.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Why do 90% of posts in the Wildstar reddit seem like they come from a Carbine employee?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o6wxq/its_been_11_years_since_ive_felt_like_this/

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Kuai posted:

Why do 90% of posts in the Wildstar reddit seem like they come from a Carbine employee?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o6wxq/its_been_11_years_since_ive_felt_like_this/

I glanced at the title of the top post on that subreddit. "I wish I didn't have to say this but please stop reporting posts you personally disagree with as "sexualizing minors."

The gently caress is happening over in bizarroland?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

DoubleNegative posted:

I glanced at the title of the top post on that subreddit. "I wish I didn't have to say this but please stop reporting posts you personally disagree with as "sexualizing minors."

The gently caress is happening over in bizarroland?

Someone will say 'wildstar is bad' and someone else will report it as sexualizing minors, because they assume the mods don't read anything and will instantly ban the user and delete their post.

Or so I assume.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
To be fair most of the mmo players are minors.

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013
Thinking of giving WS a second shot now its FTP, are we on a server/side somewhere specific?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Tilda posted:

Thinking of giving WS a second shot now its FTP, are we on a server/side somewhere specific?

pfthahahaha

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tilda posted:

We are not organized. No one sees a point in doing that.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Tilda posted:

In spite of the detractors, yeah. There's a handful of us on Entity, on the Exiles side. I don't know if there's anything Dominion side or not, but I doubt it, and I don't think there will be unless Manifest makes something since I think he's the only person actually subscribed right now.

You can add 'Manifest Dynasty' or 'Nikolai Volgin' to get an invite to Goon Squad. The game's improved a fair bit, but it's still Wildstar so if there was something that wasn't just quality of life issues that kept you away, I don't think you'll like it. :v:

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 10, 2015

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

John Dyne posted:

Someone will say 'wildstar is bad' and someone else will report it as sexualizing minors, because they assume the mods don't read anything and will instantly ban the user and delete their post.

Or so I assume.

Yes, this is what is happening, and it is hilarious

of course every single comedian lined up for their take on it

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 11, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Hoverboards are rad as gently caress, mining nodes sometimes turning into giant worm bosses that lead to time-limited harvest tunnels are rad as well, animations are decent enough.

Rest is pretty meh. Easy to turn off your brain and coast, though

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I guess this is one way of making a new zone on the cheap

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I though that was a blank screen until the character scrolled in.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don't know what scarlet blade is and I can't help but think I'd like to keep it that way.

aren't you the first one who called it 'scarlet' instead of crimson blade

KaneTW posted:

It's a garbage F2P mmo whose literally only appeal is basically rear end and tits.

sooo

more selling points than wildstar has.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 11, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Anatharon posted:

aren't you the first one who called it 'scarlet' instead of crimson blade

that was me :shobon:

Crimson Blade sounded familiar and then I googled it and found out it was Scarlet Blade and it was that creepy titty MMO I had seen ads for on wowhead and lovely wikis.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The Chairman posted:

If that's another snow zone they're just intentionally doing all the most annoying MMO poo poo over and over now.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm trying this out and the settler path is so obnoxious i had to remake my character.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Somehow they create a snowy underwater sewer level.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The Chairman posted:

Cool weather effects in Dun Morogh!

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Is the ratio of posts shifting, a worrying number of posts coming in seem to be from people playing the game just for fun or something

edit: this post is unironic

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 11, 2015

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
These are people that haven't gotten to Whitevale and don't want to play TERA saying it's fun. Also brain damaged dumb idiot fuckers.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I would be posting while playing except for the bug that makes it so that some international customers (in places like New Zealand) can't patch the game without a vpn.

I had one good day of playing!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lant posted:

Also brain damaged dumb idiot fuckers.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
wildstar is boring as gently caress and is formulaic trash

hth

like really, you could do better with your unproductive use of time

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

woah.....good av, friend

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

Any dominion up in dis? Need a privileged dude to make a dominion side goon squad for me as I'm a f2p freeloader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Is the ratio of posts shifting, a worrying number of posts coming in seem to be from people playing the game just for fun or something

edit: this post is unironic

You sure showed us.

• Locked thread