Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samadhi
May 13, 2001

That was a hell of a loving strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Absolute luck, but I guess throwing the ball absently around the box is an easy way to score on this defense

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If I ever see Beasley in a loving US game again it will be too soon. I do not even want to see him against Antigua.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Mexico are truly pathetic. They have been relegated to celebrating beating USA. How weak.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Can't be too mad about losing to a team with actual players

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Akileese posted:

If I ever see Beasley in a loving US game again it will be too soon. I do not even want to see him against Antigua.

this but jozy

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
lol if some bullshit happens during these 2 minutes

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Trump 2016

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Welp

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
double welp

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jurgen klinsmann is bad and our team is worse.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Yedlin and Wood the only good players.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

America is over.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
at least we lost on a sick golasso

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

that game was bad and boring and a perfect example of why goals =/= good

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

1) absolutely disgraceful performance by the U.S.
2) the U.S. being so inconsistant is incredibly infuriating
3) it's a travesty that there are more mexican fans at a home game than Mexico. Yes I know it's southern California, but it's such poo poo.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

im gay posted:

Yedlin and Wood the only good players.

This will be good when Qatar is invaded by Trump and the World Cup is held in Tropicana Field.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's too bad this has no bearing on whether Klinsman is fired or not

Duke Silver
Nov 6, 2011

Saxiest Man Alive
This team beat World Cup Champion Germany. With almost the same lineup, and the exact same "We're down, so let's back off on the sides and hope someone pulls a once-in-a-lifetime goal" head coaching strategy.

I'd hold a pitchfork at the front of the "Klinsmann Out" mob, if I wasn't so terrified of what fraud hack we would bring in to replace him. We'd end up bringing in Brendan Rodgers (A coach with European experience and Good Character!) or something.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

He's not a left back. Never has been, never will be no matter how hard Klinsmann tries to make everyone believe he is (He should probably be fired just for repeatedly playing him at LB). He's been at it for like, 18 months now and he's never shown an ounce of positional awareness or ability to play the position.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

It would be an MLS coach like Sigi Schmidt

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Congrats Mexico on winning the Concacaf Cup...

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

pmo22 posted:

I'd hold a pitchfork at the front of the "Klinsmann Out" mob, if I wasn't so terrified of what fraud hack we would bring in to replace him. We'd end up bringing in Brendan Rodgers (A coach with European experience and Good Character!) or something.

Nah we'd just get some slob with basically nothing but MLS experience out of nativist fears. Probably someone decent like Kreis or (the horror) Ben Olsen.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao that game was poo poo

CONCACAF is poo poo

Mexico is poo poo

US is poo poo

The only good part is Americans will point to this result when they whine about klinsman and apoint Bruce arena or whatever and be 9000x worse

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao that game was poo poo

CONCACAF is poo poo

Mexico is poo poo

US is poo poo

The only good part is Americans will point to this result when they whine about klinsman and apoint Bruce arena or whatever and be 9000x worse

Bruce Arena did nothing wrong.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I just want someone who can beat Jamaica.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Klinsmann out

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Broletariat posted:

Klinsmann out
Landon in

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Petite Dinklage posted:

Bayern Leverkusen

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Zotix posted:

3) it's a travesty that there are more mexican fans at a home game than Mexico. Yes I know it's southern California, but it's such poo poo.

Vote Trump. He will retroactively repeal birthright citizenship and send millions of these people back.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Vote Trump. He will retroactively repeal birthright citizenship and send millions of these people back.

Thank god.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

You Americans are weird. You do far better than the sum of your parts and had a great world cup yet you want to fire your manager. Mexico, on paper, have better players than you do yet don't consistently beat you at all.

It's not like you have a wealth of talent that Klinsmann just isn't selecting.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
USA will never progress until they leave the CONCACAF safety net

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

You Americans are weird. You do far better than the sum of your parts and had a great world cup yet you want to fire your manager. Mexico, on paper, have better players than you do yet don't consistently beat you at all.

It's not like you have a wealth of talent that Klinsmann just isn't selecting.

It was nice making the KO round but they were outplayed in every contest. And while Mexico has more talent, they can't even beat Jamaica and Panama at home anymore. The team is worse than it was when he took over.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
we had a great world cup but we played like garbage in every single game, and we've been consistantly awful to middling since.

Klinsmann has played like 12 different backlines this year alone, played a 33 year old central midfielder who's returning from injury on the wing for 120 minutes, literally told a sub in a game to just go in without telling him what he'd be doing.

If he'd be cool with just being technical director than I'd be fine but he's a garbage coach.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Remember when Klinsmann played Alejandro Bedoya as a defensive midfielder

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
remember when Klinsmann played Ventura Alvarado as our starting centerback in the semi final of the gold cup

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Remember when Klinsmann raided every Air Force baby from Germany and thought this would make the United States better in the short and long term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Broletariat posted:

Remember when Klinsmann played Alejandro Bedoya as a defensive midfielder
Remember that time Klinsmann seemingly played 2-3 guys out of position every game he's in charge of the USMNT?

• Locked thread