Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Rewatched the start of 3 and still amused at "maybe we can stay for free?" then leaving.

You could stay for free!

Yeah though you need the 80 gold or so to hand over for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just call this the "Josuke" run, or the "Punch first,befriend later" run. It's how I avoid getting salty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You gotta punch your friend a couple times sometimes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

There's another Undertale on Vessel too, maybe we're on a steady stream of them now?

Aren't you happy?

Aren't you excited?

That intro took quite a bit of work to complete.

VolticSurge posted:

I just call this the "Josuke" run, or the "Punch first,befriend later" run. It's how I avoid getting salty.

We'll be watching you. If you start calling it the "Naruto" run we'll know the salt has overtaken you.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

That intro took quite a bit of work to complete.

I hope they don't use it every episode, it's a little long.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

havenwaters posted:

Yeah though you need the 80 gold or so to hand over for a bit.

If you don't have enough money, they just let you stay for free.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
liam being a super chomo creep is probably a product of being immersed in the anime lifestyle

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I hope they don't use it every episode, it's a little long.

Thinking about it a bit more, they might've maybe had another one done as well for later episodes if they decide to not use that one all the time.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I didn't know you could bugger up the Cool Dude jump.

Sair
May 11, 2007

"Greatest soldier in the world."
"...big boss..."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I didn't know you could bugger up the Cool Dude jump.

I did the same the first time. It takes you by surprise.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxxidation posted:

I did the same the first time. It takes you by surprise.

I got it the first time I came across it because I moved back to give myself more momentum for the jump, then I noticed it just kept going and held up and the rest happened.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

If you play the demo how you're sort of expected to, it gives you a head start. Since it ends after Toriel, Flowey's taunting message about how "it's not like you can go back and change things" is supposed to be taken as a challenge, so you reload, try again with MORE DETERMINATION, save her, and Flowey somehow knows what you did. The problem is that a lot of people are really quick to think "oh well guess I had no choice" and keep going in the full game for whatever reason. I think Toby was a little too optimistic about how sharp people would be when it comes to Flowey's hint and the fact that no, you really don't need to kill ANYTHING, you aren't forced to kill Toriel just because nothing happened after a single attempt at Sparing.

There's a lot of gun jumping that can happen in this game if you're not Determined enough to solve the questions it poses without resorting to violence.

There's also the fact that Flowey's an rear end in a top hat but it's meta-knowledge is often taken as the developer's words. It's kinda important to keep in mind that Flowey's biased towards making GBS threads on you.

Also I never knew about the proper way to do the COOL DUDE jump. I just tanked the hit.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh my god matt stop pressing the fight button. Period. You're giving me a heart attack thinking you'll end the pacifist run by mistake, there's like a million different options you could take to skip turns. hell, using CHECK and SPARE each time works!

Liam's playstyle is rubbing off on me.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

To be fair, there may come a time when you have no option but to FIGHT.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

To be fair, there may come a time when you have no option but to FIGHT.

"yeah like against this horse clearly he wants to get punched" - liam, in 2 or 3 videos probably.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Guys it's really hard to screw up a pacifist run in undertale once you get what you have to do. They aren't going to mess it up. I mean Matt may die a lot but whatever he'll just have to stay DETERMINED.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

"yeah like against this horse clearly he wants to get punched" - liam, in 2 or 3 videos probably.
Blazing Saddles hasn't failed me yet.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Guys it's really hard to screw up a pacifist run in undertale once you get what you have to do. They aren't going to mess it up. I mean Matt may die a lot but whatever he'll just have to stay DETERMINED.

I'm betting they'll gently caress up at some point and kill a random encounter monster and then have to reload.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
"no!!!!! muscles... r... NOT CUTE" - Liam before he slaughters aaron

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liam's boss fight in Undertale would just be Papyrus but with guns instead of bones.

Gotta jump all those guns.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also shame Matt didn't just hold up to jump over the forest of bones, it's one of my favorite gags. Also see the intro is made by Cranky- I thought one of the guys on the team was doing it?

I completely missed that on both my runs, only to see a friend figure it out with no hint.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Oxyclean posted:

Liam's boss fight in Undertale would just be Papyrus but with guns instead of bones.

And if you kill him on a genocide run his last words would be "It's Fine." Then he explodes into a cloud of bishonen sparkles and Vitas rain from the sky.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

His special attack would have involved using a Vita, but unfortunately for him, the Vita is dead.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I watched the DR episode where everyone says things off the rails. Man things are really bad huh? And it is totally crazy that Liam defends this groping minigame.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I watched the DR episode where everyone says things off the rails. Man things are really bad huh? And it is totally crazy that Liam defends this groping minigame.

Liam is bad at understanding you can like a thing while recognizing it has problems. He likes anime, but isn't mature enough to understand that an indictment of an aspect of anime isn't an indictment of anime as a whole, so he reflexively defends it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

hoobajoo posted:

Liam is bad at understanding you can like a thing while recognizing it has problems. He likes anime, but isn't mature enough to understand that an indictment of an aspect of anime isn't an indictment of anime as a whole, so he reflexively defends it.

So does Liam just really like esports resident evil multiplayer shooters? He's never been more venomous towards others than that subject.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Are we treading this road again? Ugh.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

When Liam is saying "this is a good video game" when something obviously awful is on the screen, I'm pretty sure he's being ironic, and that he actually means "this is a bad thing"

hope this helps

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
He missed Dong Dong, unlucky duck.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Super Best Friends Play - What Has Liam Done To Blight Goons This Week?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

So does Liam just really like esports resident evil multiplayer shooters? He's never been more venomous towards others than that subject.

That's obviously not the only reason he has for every crazy thing he says, he's still a person. But I think that's why he defends, for lack of a better term, creepy anime bullshit.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well as Liam's psychiatrist I think *jaw opens 90 degrees and the air is filled with the screams of thousands*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Well as Liam's psychiatrist I think *jaw opens 90 degrees and the air is filled with the screams of thousands*

People are just trying to understand the guy, as he is a very mysterious fellow.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

People are just trying to understand the guy, as he is a very mysterious fellow.

He likes (bad) arguments and anime, I don't think the Steam thread is THAT mysterious, man.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why, I'm starting to think that is not, in fact, fine!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What a mysterious discussion. Something something fart gas or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Liam is actually that evil flower and he's trying to trick Matt into murdering everyone.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liam is simply a cautionary tale of what happens if you play too many Vita games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'Vita' means gunjumper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!