Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

I thought it also assimilated players in PvE for a team buff
It's like a whopping 5% cooldown reduction, barely even worth it as a toggle. The debuff version is way better.

SFX is amazing though, Cryptic did great there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

It's like a whopping 5% cooldown reduction, barely even worth it as a toggle. The debuff version is way better.

I still occasionally see pugs doing less than 5k in ISA. A 5% cooldown reduction from one of those players would probably increase overall team DPS. And don't forget - it's gloabl cooldown reduction, which is always nice.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

Have you seen the bridge yet? Great work there, really nailed the atmosphere.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aleth posted:

Have you seen the bridge yet? Great work there, really nailed the atmosphere.

I especially like how the drones are assimilated versions of players you've used the assimilate power on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MikeJF posted:

I especially like how the drones are assimilated versions of players you've used the assimilate power on.

Has Xean come back? He's the reason we insisted on that feature.

Employee 2-4601
Aug 31, 2001

Defiance Industries posted:

Has Xean come back? He's the reason we insisted on that feature.

Xean is with us. Always.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So this happened

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

hakimashou posted:

So this happened

I defended "Cardassia Did Nothing Wrong" or something once. I need to find Xean though I guess... Are you playing on PC?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Mogomra posted:

Are you playing on PC?

Why don't you look at the key prompts? :v:

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

I'm sharing this even if i catch hell for it.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

We can turn that feature off, right? I don't really feel like having a bridge full of pale Orion women.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

g0del posted:

We can turn that feature off, right? I don't really feel like having a bridge full of pale Orion women.

Orion, Human, Deltan, they're all equal(ly poo poo) in the eyes of the collective.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Soylent Green is made of Orions.

You don't have to eat it though. It tastes like STIs.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Soylent Green is made of Orions.

You don't have to eat it though. It tastes like STIs.

So that's why there's no more green Orions in game.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Hey now, Granny Torval is still green!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

Hey now, Granny Torval is still green!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I would still love to see a coder correct the Orion skin tone palette, and force the change out across the game's population.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The tears from that would be amazing and could only be topped by reducing the boob slider and forcing sensible clothing.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If you wanted max tears, change the orion uniform to the klingon uniform for all skins and remove the option for princess leia outfits :3:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It's now 2 full weeks with no Xean.

Broken will?

Arrested after maniac rampage?

Committed after maniac rampage?

Destroyed all his electronic possessions to prevent Dental spying?

Banned after spamming PWE with xeansanity over his forums ban?

Taking a vacation?

:iiam:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Consulting with lawyers over legal action against the cybertroll mafia that has infiltrated every aspect of the game.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Aleth posted:

Consulting with lawyers over legal action against the cybotwoll mafia that has infiltrated every aspect of the game.

FTFY

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Cybotwolling is no joke, assimilate that you bullies.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Seriously though, could anything we do really be considered cyperbullying? I mean, what, we stand around when Xean is preaching on ESD, we feed his starbase our precious dilithium to help him, and we drop disco balls to spread the joys of dance to everyone.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

quote:

Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology. Electronic technology includes devices and equipment such as cell phones, computers, and tablets as well as communication tools including social media sites, text messages, chat, and websites.

Examples of cyberbullying include mean text messages or emails, rumors sent by email or posted on social networking sites, and embarrassing pictures, videos, websites, or fake profiles.

The real question may be: is it still cyberbulling if we're just documenting an individual whose every action is naturally embarrassing, even though they are oblivious to that fact?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
According to Xean, existing and being in the same space is cyberbullying. Dude doesn't seem to know how to just ignore anything.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Technical Analysis posted:

Seriously though, could anything we do really be considered cyperbullying? I mean, what, we stand around when Xean is preaching on ESD, we feed his starbase our precious dilithium to help him, and we drop disco balls to spread the joys of dance to everyone.

Don't you dare try and use facts to twist his wild accusations against him you TROLL. You and your cyber-hyper-bullying (cyperbullying) are going to be defeated by heroes like Xean making a stand and getting banned from the official forums for daring to speak out against the tos oppressive modship and corruption that he has absolutely no evidence of! :argh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mondian posted:

The real question may be: is it still cyberbulling if we're just documenting an individual whose every action is naturally embarrassing, even though they are oblivious to that fact?

He's cyberbullying himself.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bieeardo posted:

I would still love to see a coder correct the Orion skin tone palette, and force the change out across the game's population.

May I ask what's wrong with the palette? I mean, is it too dark or something?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Bloodly posted:

May I ask what's wrong with the palette? I mean, is it too dark or something?

It has peach skin-tone options instead of being all green, so weird people use it to make "human" slave girl characters.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

There is an albino Orion standing next to you. Kill it like the rest.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

He's cyberbullying himself.

Best explanation of Xean yet.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Wasn't one of the weirdos, like Linmia or whoever talking at one point about how the darker orion skin tones were weird or gross or something?

I normally don't go in for all the shaming you guys do to these poor free-thinkers, but that idea irritated the poo poo out of me.

Kermit was right.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Wasn't one of the weirdos, like Linmia or whoever talking at one point about how the darker orion skin tones were weird or gross or something?

I normally don't go in for all the shaming you guys do to these poor free-thinkers, but that idea irritated the poo poo out of me.

Kermit was right.
"Look I'm not saying I'm racist against black green women, it's just that I find girls repulsive unless they're white, that's all!"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Aw, man, the Orion chick I made was frog green. It's a pity I couldn't stand playing this game even long enough to get it to allow me anywhere.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Plz support my beneficial proposal:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1205394/proposal-make-all-orions-green

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Supported and addendum added :smugdog: remember realism is important in star trek.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Kermit was right.

Lina kicked people from HOBO because their Orion toons were too green. All Orions had to be white or, if you wanted to push boundaries, a very, very faint, barely-visible green. He also kicked members who did not have the boob slider maxxed out.

Does anyone have the angry e-mail he sent his fleet railing against small boobs?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DonDoodles posted:

Lina kicked people from HOBO because their Orion toons were too green. All Orions had to be white or, if you wanted to push boundaries, a very, very faint, barely-visible green. He also kicked members who did not have the boob slider maxxed out.

Does anyone have the angry e-mail he sent his fleet railing against small boobs?

That's just good sense, eugenics start at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Frog green is a trait you want to select for, though.

• Locked thread