Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've gone back to FTB Monster, which is pretty old but I have a good save with it that I want to continue. I'm currently trying to set up an autocrafting system with an EnderIO alloy smelter and I can't for the life of me get it to output the finished alloy. It will input the recipe and smelt just fine, though.

Everything I've looked up tells me to configure it's faces like you would with other mods, but there's no button to do so in the GUI. Just a redstone button at the top and an "Alloys only/all smelting/etc" button at the bottom. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe cause it's an older version of EnderIO (FTB Monster is 1.6) it might not have that functionality. Other than that, I have no idea. Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do?

Edit: Think I figured it out. The alloy smelter doesn't seems to play nicely with ME interfaces. I tried an import bus instead and now it's working fine.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
So I started playing Banished, which is very creepy so far so A+ there, but can anyone explain why every single goddamned ftb mod pack forces minecraft to start at my monitors resolution but offset by like 10 pixels? And why none of them allow additional options when generating the world.

This one let me toggle mob griefing but usually I need to gently caress around with the landlord settings to do it.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Is there a technic launcher thread somewhere? Anyone know if there's any plans to support texture packs in the technic launcher? It seems like a big feature that's missing (there's probably a reason for it, i'd guess?)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Bhodi posted:

Is there a technic launcher thread somewhere? Anyone know if there's any plans to support texture packs in the technic launcher? It seems like a big feature that's missing (there's probably a reason for it, i'd guess?)

This is the thread for all things modded minecraft, there's only a blightfall thread because blightfall chat was starting to hedge out all other minecraft chat.

As for texture packs, you mean delivering packs via the platform?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

30.5 Days posted:

I would like this.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I would like this.

I also would like this. FTB does it but its implementation sucks.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Wolpertinger posted:

Did you make an airlock or something so the cows could survive in there? And where'd you get the spawn eggs?

I got the spawn eggs from the quest reward bags. I just plugged the room with moon turf. Also, shortly after this I decided to make my first star... which promptly exploded and killed me and destroyed EVERYTHING in that room. It's equivalent to a few TNT at least. Star generator gone, everything. So I ended up deleting the map. Maybe I'll try another go at it in a few weeks.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30.5 Days posted:

This is the thread for all things modded minecraft, there's only a blightfall thread because blightfall chat was starting to hedge out all other minecraft chat.

That would be kind of school, something more pie in the sky, is getting texture packs with a lot of mod support and being able to go "oh I like this." and then pressing a button and getting a texture pack made for that modpack.

So if I have the Sphax Pack and I assemble it for Blightfall, I can then attatch my pack to blightfall, and people can download it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ambaire posted:

I got the spawn eggs from the quest reward bags. I just plugged the room with moon turf. Also, shortly after this I decided to make my first star... which promptly exploded and killed me and destroyed EVERYTHING in that room. It's equivalent to a few TNT at least. Star generator gone, everything. So I ended up deleting the map. Maybe I'll try another go at it in a few weeks.

Did it have a 0 RF capacity or something? They're only supposed to explode when they run out of RF.

I mean, that's still stupid but you can generally prevent it since they're supposed to have millions of RF.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Ambaire posted:

Interesting. I haven't reached a that point my tech tree yet. I'll have to remember to do it in a compressed cobble room well away from my base. I'm still running with the two flavors of tier-1 generation, a solar panel that showed up as a quest reward, and a whole lot of coal/charcoal from the automatic tree farm and the automatic sieve bank.

I appreciate that I can use both the Carbon and the Hydrogen from my chem experiments as a secondary fuel source. The only thing I haven't found a use for is Oxygen. You'd think I could just combine it into O2, and then use it to refill my tanks, but I haven't found a way to do so.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

EricFate posted:

Interesting. I haven't reached a that point my tech tree yet. I'll have to remember to do it in a compressed cobble room well away from my base. I'm still running with the two flavors of tier-1 generation, a solar panel that showed up as a quest reward, and a whole lot of coal/charcoal from the automatic tree farm and the automatic sieve bank.

I appreciate that I can use both the Carbon and the Hydrogen from my chem experiments as a secondary fuel source. The only thing I haven't found a use for is Oxygen. You'd think I could just combine it into O2, and then use it to refill my tanks, but I haven't found a way to do so.

Have you tried mixing Carbon and Hydrogen into Butene? (C4H8) I'm pretty sure it's a better fuel than all its components added up, but I'm not sure enough about how fuel math works (and can't find anything in the visible cfgs) to 100% confirm it.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Wolpertinger posted:

Have you tried mixing Carbon and Hydrogen into Butene? (C4H8) I'm pretty sure it's a better fuel than all its components added up, but I'm not sure enough about how fuel math works (and can't find anything in the visible cfgs) to 100% confirm it.

I have not, but I will look into it. A lot of the other things which seemed like they might be improved fuel sources ARE in fact improved fuel sources -- but cannot be burned as fuel in any of the first tier generators.

Also, accepting this reward seems like a bad idea. In every other mod where I'm dealing with unstable ingots, they explode when removed from the confines of a crafting bench if they were not consumed by a crafting recipe. I think I'll be making a quick backup of my save file before I try it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

EricFate posted:

I have not, but I will look into it. A lot of the other things which seemed like they might be improved fuel sources ARE in fact improved fuel sources -- but cannot be burned as fuel in any of the first tier generators.

Also, accepting this reward seems like a bad idea. In every other mod where I'm dealing with unstable ingots, they explode when removed from the confines of a crafting bench if they were not consumed by a crafting recipe. I think I'll be making a quick backup of my save file before I try it.

Well? Did it explode?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

EricFate posted:

Well, I can confirm that Butene does in fact work in Stirling generators, that was my main power source (I had a tree farm automatically dump logs into a decomposer, with pipes looping the cellulose back in and outputting everything into better barrels, with another pipe pulling items out of the carbon/hydrogen barrel into a synthesizer set to butene, and a pipe on the bottom pulling it out to power six stirling generators at the same time)

The sad thing is that even with all that effort i was still almost always dry powerwise and couldn't really afford to power much beyond the 3 sifters, the oxygen machine, the machine that converted cobble into quad-stacked cobble, and the oil refiner. I tried setting up crafting machines to automatically compress all types of broken ore into ore gravel but completely dried up and ended up doing it manually, and after hours of that I eventually just gave up on the mod - tier 1 power and having to use extrautilities pipes for everything drove me absolutely bonkers, enderIO conduits were far too expensive, and needing several hundred of each metal to make a drat rocket ship was just irritating.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

30.5 Days posted:

Yes, exactly. I don't which would be better, either doing the compatibility checks for all the different mods individually or relying on the mod authors to upload a "working" texture pack.

Rocko, I'm going through baby's first space race and the Enrichment Chamber is one of those items with sub numbers and you seem to be looking for the base item, so the quest can't ever be completed.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 11, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bhodi posted:

Rocko, I'm going through baby's first space race and the Enrichment Chamber is one of those items with sub numbers and you seem to be looking for the base item, so the quest can't ever be completed.
Still? I thought I nailed those all in particular early on. Did you upgrade it or something? You should be able to cheat one in to shut it up for now.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Nope, you're definitely looking for "Encrichment Chamber" and when you cheat one in it says "Enrichment Chamber:512" or something. I just figured out the last step and built the miner on my own.

Also: OMG, mars is filled with monsters! Not a warm welcome. (is there no "congrats, you did it, with balloons or fireworks? I just completed the quest, that was it?")

Holy cow galacticraft and mekanism are kicks in the balls. Who thought this kind of tedium was fun? :(

e: Was a real fun modpack though, thanks! So glad to not spend half the game mining ores.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 11, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bhodi posted:

Nope, you're definitely looking for "Encrichment Chamber" and when you cheat one in it says "Enrichment Chamber:512" or something.

Also: OMG, mars is filled with monsters! Not a warm welcome. (is there no "congrats, you did it, with balloons or fireworks? I just completed the quest, that was it?")

Holy cow galacticraft and mekanism are kicks in the balls. Who thought this kind of tedium was fun? :(

I will have to take a peek today and see what is up. The Mekanism machines liked to give me brief. Could you tell me which one made it sad? I think I may have that one in multiple places... I cannot remember.

Also, there is no cake. You check off the moon mission and that is that. I would probably need a hand with making some kind of trigger because hqm does not have any goodies for that. I am basically waiting for Shukaro's quest mode to mow my lawn, give everybody a pony, and deliver a quest system that does not make me want to kill myself (pick one of three). I am also plowing through Blightfall so I have to try the happy flowers and magic stuffs. Hopefully some day I can do something with those too in the quest book.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Here you go:

Can you make custom achievements? Maybe just have a "You did it!" item that the final quest gives that's unlikely to have been crafted (fireworks or some other usable bauble?) and have the receipt of those trigger the achievement which triggers fireworks thanks to one of the mods you loaded? Or just have a "To the moon" quest which unlocks a "Back Home!" quest to turn in anywhere in the right universe. I guess rockets come with a non-reusable lander (?) but when I put the tier 2 on the pad and went to mars I used the parachute instead? I was a bit confused by this.

If you're adding to the quest book, I'd think about :

Some automation walkthroughs, like getting liquid filtering working in your smeltry to auto-smelt ores instead of using the faucets and the basic pulverizer -> induction furnace chain for the steel (which you need wayyyyyy more of than I realized when I started building the rocket)
Explaining how to fill the required redstone fluxducts (and larger energy cells) since that's non-obvious if you've never done it before, same with the different colored sides of machines
The fact you have to dig down to get the required lead + gold, you can't find them near the surface
A way to pull lava and raw oil out of the world and into pipes, i don't know this one myself; I vaguely remember something long ago but I couldn't find any obvious "pump" candidates in NEI beyond the transfer IO which doesn't work well for 'thick' liquids that don't refill.
Change the text that tells me to fill the reactor with water to filling it with the provided liquid ender from the tank, and that you can just fill the top squares and it will "run down" and fill the whole reactor
How it's pretty easy to 'overshoot' a quest by accident, I did this with tcon where I made the parts but didn't open the quest before I built the tool, since you can't unbuild it I had to cheat in the parts so I could get past that quest and complete the tool quest.

Maybe some way of suggesting avenues or gating some of the quest lines against others, for example, getting all the progressive automation up before power and ae2 and rubber when you move to the MFR stuff, I didn't touch post-scarcity tab at all until way late since I assumed all of it required power, and by then I just built an igneous extruder rather than that Extra Utilities kludge and went straight to the iron miner
Maybe explain how to enable cheat mode in NEI if you're playing single player
Maybe explain shift clicking to transfer/drop whole stacks, Using shift-? to autofill from NEI, basic quality of life navigation things (can you autofill anything but the ME2 crafter?)
Maybe make a trash can to dump all those old worthless tcon tools into (you had me build stone, bronze, AND steel tools) also tcon sucks and i hate tcon but that's not your fault :)

I can think of a few rough edges you could file off in current quests, especially the weirdness of the galacticraft objects; for example, I had built the fuel loader in my base next to the refiner (I thought the "loader" loaded it into buckets like the transposer) and when I broke it I lost all the fuel. Didn't know where oil could be found and I mistook oil for sludge since they look pretty much the same and the overlay doesn't work when you're looking at either

I figure the locked miner quests explain how to use the miner, since I had to look that up on the wiki, it's pretty bad in terms of UI and obvious use. Is there anything else worth building in mekanism? Seems a waste to make all those things just for the miner (which is awesome, true)

Did I mention how I really liked being showered in ore and items? I really liked that. It still took me maybe ~8 hours to do the whole thing.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 11, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Regarding Galactic Science

Wolpertinger posted:

Don't do this. One of the minechem quests has you making Methyl Methacrylate, (CH3)3C2O2 which gives 27000RF per item in a stirling generator, and cellulose is C6H10O5, so you can make a stack of the former with a stack of cellulose with a stack of carbon, hydrogen, and two of oxygen left over.

McFrugal posted:

Did it have a 0 RF capacity or something? They're only supposed to explode when they run out of RF.

I mean, that's still stupid but you can generally prevent it since they're supposed to have millions of RF.

It's the star core you make with the nether star. I laid down around 30 netherrack in the oxygen room, set it on fire, put the star core in the middle and ignited it. After some flashy effects and the star core consuming all the fire, it started emitting rays of light then went BOOM. After I got back, it had indeed made a star; and destroyed everything including the star generator so unless I felt like going into creative to fix stuff I was over.

EricFate posted:

They're stable unstable ingots and don't explode. EricFate, have you ever crafted stable nuggets or done the pseudo-inversion sigil crafting chain?

Also, regarding materials shortages, do all of the storage and iron/diamond upgrade quests you can. The upgrade quests give 10 upgrades for the one you make, which turn into about 66 iron ingots, and 22 diamonds for an investment of 6 ingots and 2 diamonds. Don't forget you can decompose the minechem microscope for a shitton of silicon dioxide for making glass or gravel.

Don't decompose the sorting chest variants, turn them back into a regular chest then decompose.

Has anyone figured out how you get rubber in this pack?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 11, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bhodi posted:

Here you go:
I'm pretty much just slapping your whole post in the todo. That's going to be a whole session right there! The enrichment chamber is usually just metadata shenanigans. I can compare to the other ones and see if that one just slipped. Unfortunately, I'm going on a business trip this evening. Meanwhile, I think I have to redo a pool crack repair. So I won't be making pack fixes until I get back.

As for expanding on things, I had some ideas for completely new topics:
1. I was thinking of something like a whole chapter for more early-game environment stuff found in things like Natura. I'm talking about the berries and bloodwood. I'm not entirely sure what all the put in there, but that stuff comes in handy in other questing packs.
2. Adding some stuff on Thaumcraft once I actually have the feel for it. I think newcomers to Thaumcraft would very much appreciate something that gets them to CV and the automated alchemical furnace ASAP.
3. Something for Botania, although it has its own FTB pack. I'd probably just have a primer chapter then a more advanced one.

Then I was figuring around the time they get to the end of other chapters that some crazy multidisciplinary automation quests would open up:
1. An extra section to AE2 to get into the automated crafting. It wasn't really necessary for BFSR as it was, but it comes up so much that it's worth having tutorials towards it somewhere. In particular, it has to show how to handle some of the more fickle parts of it, and then get far enough past that so people can appreciate why they are doing all of it; after all, most people set up autocrafting first to autocraft all the AE2 stuff.
2. How to set up a munchdew farm and sustain its feed rate, complete with endoflame farm for surplus logs--possibly using infernal furnaces from Thaumcraft.
3. A server-friendly cattle farm that does milking, composting, slaughtering, and grinding. The server-friendly part comes in having something count the cows in the main pen and knock a few out until there are less than 15 of them. Otherwise, sometimes there are runaways even with a chronotyper. This includes the wheat farm to feed the breeder.
4. Self-perpetuating ore duplication using Thaumcraft's alchemy. This would involve sustainable methods of generating the require essentia and using thaumic energistics to move it all around. I think this is what is expected in Blightfall.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Bhodi posted:

I figure the locked miner quests explain how to use the miner, since I had to look that up on the wiki, it's pretty bad in terms of UI and obvious use. Is there anything else worth building in mekanism? Seems a waste to make all those things just for the miner (which is awesome, true)

Off the top of my head - really good jetpacks, boots that nullify fall damage, a good pickaxe-variant, and a pet robot. There's also better-than-2x ore processing, although that's fairly useless in BFSR. I believe you can get up to 5x ore processing, although going beyond 3x is a massive pain in the rear end.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Ambaire posted:

They're stable unstable ingots and don't explode. EricFate, have you ever crafted stable nuggets or done the pseudo-inversion sigil crafting chain?

Also, regarding materials shortages, do all of the storage and iron/diamond upgrade quests you can. The upgrade quests give 10 upgrades for the one you make, which turn into about 66 iron ingots, and 22 diamonds for an investment of 6 ingots and 2 diamonds. Don't forget you can decompose the minechem microscope for a shitton of silicon dioxide for making glass or gravel.

No, whenever I encounter a modpack which uses them, I usually just activate a sigil to get some cursed earth for a mob farm, then build an obsidian room in the nether where I can craft up my builder's wand and wings without too much collateral damage. Never had much reason to explore beyond those two items. I am glad that the implementation here is a bit less hostile towards the player.

The things I find myself breaking down in the decomposer most often are Sugarcane, Flint, Obsidian, and String. That nets me most of the elements I need to continue to build and fuel my base. I dealt with the iron problem by continuing to funnel any new ore back into generators and sieve stations (roughly 2.5 per sieve). By the time I had my fifth one up and running, I was no longer having any iron issues. Which is good, because the amount of compressed steel I need to get through the next couple bits is painful.

I should probably tear out the infrastructure I built to complete the 5x compressed cobble quest and the quest that required a crap-ton of compressed carbon-nanotubes, and re-purpose it to support my steel habit.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

EricFate posted:

I should probably tear out the infrastructure I built to complete the 5x compressed cobble quest and the quest that required a crap-ton of compressed carbon-nanotubes, and re-purpose it to support my steel habit.

You do know that 27 C64C64C64C64 makes a diamond block with 80k RF, correct? And you did read my post regarding stack of cellulose equals stack of Methyl Methacrylate which gives insanity RF?

Also, how did you deal with the silicon shortage?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 11, 2015

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Ambaire posted:

You do know that 27 C64C64C64C64 makes a diamond block with 80k RF, correct? And you did read my post regarding stack of cellulose equals stack of Methyl Methacrylate which gives insanity RF?

Also, how did you deal with the silicon shortage?

Yes. I actually used the inverse of that to help finish making the Polytool since I had a diamond surplus.

Methyl Methacrylate requires the turbine generator. When I throw it into my Stirling Generator it does nothing.

I get about 16 Silicon Dioxide per obsidian, and 28 Silicon Dioxide per stack of flint. By the time I finish sifting out a full stack of iron ore, I have about 7 stacks of flint -- and with five crucibles feeding lava to a stone barrel under moving water, I get a full stack of obsidian every two minutes.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ambaire posted:

It's the star core you make with the nether star. I laid down around 30 netherrack in the oxygen room, set it on fire, put the star core in the middle and ignited it. After some flashy effects and the star core consuming all the fire, it started emitting rays of light then went BOOM. After I got back, it had indeed made a star; and destroyed everything including the star generator so unless I felt like going into creative to fix stuff I was over.

Wait, the star makes a giant explosion when you create it? And of course you have to do it in an oxygenated room since fire can't exist elsewhere, which means you WILL lose some important poo poo... What a lovely modpack. Though mainly I just hate Super Massive Tech in general I think.

EricFate posted:

I get about 16 Silicon Dioxide per obsidian, and 28 Silicon Dioxide per stack of flint. By the time I finish sifting out a full stack of iron ore, I have about 7 stacks of flint -- and with five crucibles feeding lava to a stone barrel under moving water, I get a full stack of obsidian every two minutes.

What do you do with all the extra magnesium?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 11, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

EricFate posted:

Methyl Methacrylate requires the turbine generator. When I throw it into my Stirling Generator it does nothing.

I just went into creative to test it and it works fine for me.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I am basically waiting for Shukaro's quest mode to mow my lawn, give everybody a pony, and deliver a quest system that does not make me want to kill myself (pick one of three).
In the meantime, I saw this HQM addon and immediately thought of your woes.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

McFrugal posted:

What do you do with all the extra magnesium?

I threw one stack on my Polytool for the effect, the rest just gets routed to a trash can.

Ambaire posted:

I just went into creative to test it and it works fine for me.

Oh, goddamn it, I went back to the machine I tested it in, and realized it wouldn't burn because the RF buffer was full.

edit:

Just finished tearing down my old automated systems and rebuilding them into an entirely new system built around Methyl Methacrylate. For every 64 sugarcane I dump in, it can output approx 85 units of fuel. In the process of doing this I only expend 2 units of fuel. So yeah, that setup is going to last me a good long while.

The only real issue I ran into came when I tried to export my finished compounds from the chemical synthesizers. Transfer node wasn't recognizing the output, even when I attached to the underside of the device. Same issue with Relocater pipes. Apparently there was a dupe bug which led to the mod author disabling this? Tried the Item Router next, and while that would correctly pull the targeted compound, it chose to destroy the compound rather than eject it (but only when pulling from the synthesizer. Any other inventory, it would behave normally).

Fed up with all this, I went into creative, did some testing, and determined that the only item which seemed to allow me to export from my synthesizer was the Ender IO Item Conduit. (And only after I 'reset' the machine by removing and replacing the journal once the conduit was in place.) So I cheated in two of those. Everything else is a maze of pipes, transfer nodes, and barrels.

Trashcan has been replaced by void upgrades where applicable.

Now I just need to set up my Autohammer loop to process the ore, a furnace to cook it, the Crafter to combine the iron with coal to make steel, and end the chain with the Compressor.

EricFate fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 12, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Threep posted:

In the meantime, I saw this HQM addon and immediately thought of your woes.

And from Lorddusk's comment, it looks like he's angry that someone dared to make his mod easier to use. Unless I'm blatantly misreading that.

EricFate posted:

I threw one stack on my Polytool for the effect, the rest just gets routed a trash can.

Oh, goddamn it, I went back to the machine I tested it in, and realized it wouldn't burn because the RF buffer was full.
:laffo:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ambaire posted:

And from Lorddusk's comment, it looks like he's angry that someone dared to make his mod easier to use. Unless I'm blatantly misreading that.

A lot of mod makers are very "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT COPY" about their projects and get mad if anyone dare touch their baby without first getting permission in triplicate

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Magres posted:

A lot of mod makers are very "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT COPY" about their projects and get mad if anyone dare touch their baby without first getting permission in triplicate

I'm really glad they all got the go ahead from mojang / Microsoft to mod minecraft, otherwise they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Magres posted:

I kinda wish I really 'got' how modding things works so I could redo Thaumic Energistics so it doesn't suck for things like: keeping a disk limited to what kind of essentia it accepts, as well as (bolding mine):

30.5 Days posted:

loving Thaumic Energistics.

So, yeah, before there was a "bug" where thaumic energistics wouldn't extract into the dawn machine. We investigated and found out that we were doing everything right, but you can't extract into a thaumcraft container unless it's been expressly added to the thaumic energistics whitelist, which can't be done through configs, it has to be done through their API.

So I implemented the API and it still didn't work. I investigated & I found out that even though I registered my thing thorugh their API, the API didn't actually work at all, because the code to detect the capacity of a thaumcraft container wasn't using the thaumcraft API to get the capacity, it was using hardcoded values for vanilla thaumcraft containers and assuming 0 capacity for everything else. The most recent version fixed this, but you have to manually give it a capacity value, which is really weird because thaumcraft containers can have different capacities for different aspects and also because that is doable through the thaumcraft API.

O....kay.

So we updated thaumic energistics to the most recent version and it worked ok and we released it. So now you report your bug and we look into it.

Turns out that the code to detect the current essentia in a thaumcraft container ALSO does not use the thaumcraft API and STILL has hardcoded values for vanilla thaumcraft containers, so it assumes that all other containers are empty. This wouldn't be a problem because thaumcraft has an insert essentia method that returns how much was actually inserted, but thaumic energistics ignores the return value and always removes the essentia from the network regardless of what happened. They also wrote their own insertion method that takes the same parameters as the thaumcraft one and attempts to do the same checking as the thaumcraft one, but it does it wrong and then ignores the thaumcraft method's checking. Like... what?!

So I'm sorry, thaumic energistics sucks, you're hosed.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Ambaire posted:

I may use that while waiting for Shukaro because I expect I could write a script to translate into his format later. It is clear I better back up everything though because I would expect the Butthurt Brigade to come out and brick something if their spidey since detects it was used.

I might get to it sooner than I thought because my flight is getting delayed into oblivion!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i am playing regrowth and it is kinda fun :yaycloud:

though the "no minimap" gimmick is starting to wear on me, hopefully maps have a new recipe

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
So I played around with me^3. About 6 hours in, and I've cleaned most of the biodome and STILL haven't found wherever the ME drive is hiding. I've got 3 or 4 drives at this point and am getting really, REALLY tired of minecraft's janky combat and killing infinite numbers of spiders. The spawners are impossible to find and there doesn't seem to be a lot of "goals" in these stored rooms. Just a few chests here and there in "hidden" areas that you have to get lucky to stumble upon. I got a bunch of bee stuff and just decided to log. I didn't realize it was a forestry+bee pack - two mods that I REALLY dislike.

Never did find the certus. "LOL ITS SOMEWHERE IN 128x128 JUST FIND IT" well I broke about a million blocks, didn't find anything and then went home.

Unless it's supposed to pick up right after where I'm at, I think I'm going to stick with modern packs. This pack had so much potential, too.

I got a few ender cores from "hidden" areas outside the, er, space station(?), I really want to just quary the whole damned thing.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 12, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Bhodi posted:

So I played around with me^3. About 6 hours in, and I've cleaned most of the biodome and STILL haven't found wherever the ME drive is hiding. I've got 3 or 4 drives at this point and am getting really, REALLY tired of minecraft's janky combat and killing infinite numbers of spiders. The spawners are impossible to find and there doesn't seem to be a lot of "goals" in these stored rooms. Just a few chests here and there in "hidden" areas that you have to get lucky to stumble upon. I got a bunch of bee stuff and just decided to log. I didn't realize it was a forestry+bee pack - two mods that I REALLY dislike.

Never did find the certus. "LOL ITS SOMEWHERE IN 128x128 JUST FIND IT" well I broke about a million blocks, didn't find anything and then went home.

Unless it's supposed to pick up right after where I'm at, I think I'm going to stick with modern packs. This pack had so much potential, too.

I got a few ender cores from "hidden" areas outside the, er, space station(?), I really want to just quary the whole damned thing.

The biosphere ME stuff... IIRC you have to clear out a bunch of the jungle. It's under the logs; keep in mind if you completely light up the place, monsters will only spawn in areas you haven't been. Where were you looking for certus?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The quest book said it was in the first zone, so I cleaned the place out with the exception of the 8x60x60 cube of stone or whatever just above the bottom. Made a half-hearted attempt at that before giving up. I think you basically have to strip mine the entire zone to get all the nooks and crannies that were deliberately created to have monsters spawn in. I've put hundreds and hundreds of torches down in both zones and things still spawn.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I may use that while waiting for Shukaro because I expect I could write a script to translate into his format later. It is clear I better back up everything though because I would expect the Butthurt Brigade to come out and brick something if their spidey since detects it was used.

I might get to it sooner than I thought because my flight is getting delayed into oblivion!

I'm getting there when I occasionally get the time to do minecraft things :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Shukaro posted:

I'm getting there when I occasionally get the time to do minecraft things :unsmith:

Apparently my flight is still going to :420:Portland:420: so you have some more time.