Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I'm surprised no-one's tried to apply that logic to asylum seekers in detention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
I prefer my asylum seekers housed in barns, thanks. They produce a more flavourful egg.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Starshark posted:

It gets worse than that, in the refugee thread it turns out that if you let ex al-Nusra militants in you have to let Hitler in as well.

In Western Australia news lol: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-12/egg-producers-defend-intenstive-farming-methods/6847480

Lmao

quote:

President John Simpson told the inquiry he believed the RSPCA had become too focused on animal activism and that State Government funding should be audited.

He also complained that the RSPCA's public campaigns against caged eggs were unfair.

Mr Simpson said egg producers had spent a lot of time and money improving their facilities to bring them into line with community expectations, but were still made to feel as though they were doing something wrong.

"Our worry is that the RSPCA sit around the table when we develop policies and get the outcomes that we do, and then later on they come out and try to discredit particular production methods," he said.

Another other intent on destroying the honest australian way of life.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:qq:These animal rights activists are too focused on activism :qq:

What do they think the point of the RSPCA is? Too just sign off on any old farming system they can dream up?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

quote:

A number of groups have already accused the organisation of being anti-farming and have called for it to focus on the welfare of domestic pets instead.

:laffo:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Farm animals don't have feelings, it's been bred out of them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Feral pig eating cannabis leads Queensland police to charge man with drug production
By Fidelis Rego
Updated about 4 hours ago

Feral pig found by Queensland police chewing on cannabis plants at a property at Meringandan West
PHOTO: Due to the size of the pig, officers did not try to seize the plants. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
MAP: Meringandan West 4352
A discovery of a feral pig munching on a cannabis plant has led police to arrest a man allegedly growing the drug on Queensland's Darling Downs.

Police said they were called to a property at Meringandan West, north Toowoomba, last Wednesday to investigate a disturbance.

There, they said they discovered the feral pig chewing leafy green material, which turned out to be cannabis.

Due to the size of the pig, officers did not try to seize the plants.

A 1.6-metre-tall plant and 140 grams of the drug were eventually recovered, police said.

A 44-year-old man will appear in the Oakey Magistrates Court later this month charged with drug production and possession.

Topics: drug-offences, meringandan-west-4352, oakey-4401, toowoomba-4350

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
gently caress the pigs: Legalize weed.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Starshark posted:

gently caress the pigs

oh hi david cameron

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

My letters to MPs are generally saying THIS IS A BAD THING or sometimes GOOD JOB, so don't know how to ask for an MP to find something out for you. What do you think

quote:

Dear Teri Butler,

I read in the paper today from immigration minister Peter Dutton that the navy is recovering drowned refugee bodys at sea.

My question is: What are we doing with the bodies?

Yours faithfully, BCR

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

BCR posted:

My letters to MPs are generally saying THIS IS A BAD THING or sometimes GOOD JOB, so don't know how to ask for an MP to find something out for you. What do you think

you could also consider lodging an FOI request, presumably to the Department of Defence as well as The Department of Fascism and Shooting Darkies (aka border control)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BCR posted:

"dear BCR,
This is an on water matter
gently caress off,
The libs"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

white mans burping posted:

you could also consider lodging an FOI request, presumably to the Department of Defence as well as The Department of Fascism and Shooting Darkies (aka border control)

Don't you mean BORDER FORCE or is that just what they call the BORDER FORCE ENFORCERS?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
They use the hair of drowned asylum seeker children to make socks.

What the hell do you think they do with the bodies? This is some birther level poo poo.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Negligent posted:

They use the hair of drowned asylum seeker children to make socks.

What the hell do you think they do with the bodies? This is some birther level poo poo.

If you read the thread, the question is do we send the bodies to the country of origin or do we bury them somewhere in Australia (and if so, where)?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The corpses get sent on ice to Scott's house where he eats them with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Negligent posted:

The corpses get sent on ice to Scott's house where he eats them with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Fits the available evidence.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Trying to score political points over literal corpses is pretty low even by auspol standards.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
You're a sociopath

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Negligent posted:

Trying to score political points over literal corpses is pretty low even by auspol standards.

It's not just about scoring political points. We have no idea how many corpses have been fished out of the waters since "stop the boats". If they're buried in Australia, presumably there are grave markers and from that we can extrapolate how many have died. I don't know why you have a dim view of people who are curious, were you beaten as a child?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog time!

In a one time show of deference to hooman's complaint about large kitten pictures, a smaller kitten picture has been provided:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Starshark posted:

It's not just about scoring political points. We have no idea how many corpses have been fished out of the waters since "stop the boats". If they're buried in Australia, presumably there are grave markers and from that we can extrapolate how many have died. I don't know why you have a dim view of people who are curious, were you beaten as a child?
There is really something wrong with you if you have a burning desire to count gravestones.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Negligent posted:

There is really something wrong with you if you have a burning desire to count gravestones.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Starshark posted:

Or how many before the boats were stopped*. We need e federal coroner to deal with all deaths under federal jurisdiction.

*being talked about

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Barely on topic, but the Drones released a new song today and it's got some good LF venom behind it

https://soundcloud.com/thedrones/taman-shud
Lyrics: http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4329728.htm

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You care how many people have died? Wow what a sicko.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Starshark posted:

If you read the thread, the question is do we send the bodies to the country of origin or do we bury them somewhere in Australia (and if so, where)?
Stop poking the poop. Nothing good has ever come of it. Second time of asking.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Yes, why has no journalist turned in a exposé on what happens to rotting corpses after they are pulled from the ocean. The public wants answers.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cartoon posted:

Stop poking the poop. Nothing good has ever come of it. Second time of asking.

He was being reasonable right up until that last post where he refused to engage with what I actually wrote. You have to reward good behaviour.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Who are you guys kidding? There's no graves, they probably just get incinerated at Darwin hospital as medical waste or something.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

tithin posted:

"dear BCR,
This is an on water matter
gently caress off,
The libs"

Thus it would be useful if someone living in the division of Melbourne wrote to Bandt.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

freebooter posted:

Thus it would be useful if someone living in the division of Melbourne wrote to Bandt.

Hambeet works next door, he could bring some burgers from roadhouse and discuss it over lunch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hambeet works next door, he could bring some burgers from roadhouse and discuss it over lunch

true

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probably pauper's grave or cremations. Same way the states do it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Probably pauper's grave or cremations. Same way the states do it.

I'm tempted to say 'there would be records' but I just don't know what to think with such an information-averse government as this one.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Starshark posted:

I'm tempted to say 'there would be records' but I just don't know what to think with such an information-averse government as this one.

To the extent that they could find any records. They would probably keep DNA samples as well.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Quick question - does anyone know if the ATO expects Australians to pay income tax on foreign wages? I did a working holiday in the UK and was entirely outside Australia for 2014/15, but I had about a thousand bucks of capital gains because iiNet got bought out. I started doing a tax return but it was making confusing and alarming indications about paying income tax on foreign salary. I thought America was the only country that did that bullshit.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

freebooter posted:

Quick question - does anyone know if the ATO expects Australians to pay income tax on foreign wages? I did a working holiday in the UK and was entirely outside Australia for 2014/15, but I had about a thousand bucks of capital gains because iiNet got bought out. I started doing a tax return but it was making confusing and alarming indications about paying income tax on foreign salary. I thought America was the only country that did that bullshit.

IANAA but I can't imagine they would. You weren't using Australian services while overseas so why should you pay tax? But really, that might be one to check with an accountant.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

freebooter posted:

They do. Foreign tax paid counts, so if your UK taxes were more than the Australian taxes you pay nothing. If they were less you pay the difference.

It's probably worth getting an accountant to do your taxes this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Urcher posted:

They do.

WTF how do they justify that?

• Locked thread