Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Also if you've figured out the teams that the people who are clearing this super easy are using LMK. because people are afraid to put it on anything besides line. Issue being no one ever says which line chatroom it is.

My strategies are

OBW, Loki, Cyc- force cascades. You've got one blue one purple match, if the spin doesn't make magic happen fore quit

round 5 and below

Under covered Hulk, Undercovered S. Witch, undercovered 3* deadpool- match a purple, then make sure hulk gets hit when the countdowns go off.
Ideally by the 4th turn (yes galactus will have like 20-something black ap) you get enough pruple for whales.
Seems lovely but worked for me 3 times consecutively.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Someone on the forums said they have a team that can clear it 50% success rate round 7. but won't post 'because of fear all 3 will be nerfed' :confuoot:

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 11, 2015

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I had about a 50% rate in round 7 with maxed XF Wolv, Iron Fist, and She-Hulk if I went in with boosts for each colors. 3 fairly cheap good board shakeups and IF feeding black and contributing slight damage with his attack tile was alright. She-Hulk's green literally never targeted black so I gave up and used Wolv's green to a much better effect.
Round 8, forget it.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The clear team is 3* Black Widow 5/3/5, 3* Hulk 5/3/5, Professor X with at least 3 blue covers. Depending on what boosts you have/are willing to buy, boost as much purple AP as you can (at least +2 blue/purple is mandatory), then all damage, green damage, and/or crit damage. Match purples until the first set of Galactus CDs are at 1. Avoid matching the CD tiles. Then, make a match with a Hulk color so that he's out front and tanks the CD expiration. Each CD will trigger Hulk's anger and fill the board with green. If you managed to get enough purple between matches and Professor X match-5 passive triggers (either from you getting a good board or anger cascades) use Black Widow purple to make green match-5s. Use the green for Black Widow sniper rifle. Cascades hopefully make more match-5s. Repeat the purple>green loop until Galactus dies.

If you get a bad board and can't match enough purple then disconnect from the Internet (turn on airplane mode if on a phone, turn off router if on PC or console) and force quit the game. Reconnect to the Internet and restart the game. This is basically a ghetto retreat where your characters will take retreat damage, but the Galactus node doesn't get locked so you can try again. Since Galactus doesn't do much damage before the 1-shot, the retreat damage doesn't matter (other than Hulk needing enough to stay alive for Anger), so you can save health packs until a team member is actually dead.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum
My prediction for round two:

Galactus's CD tiles will be changed to heal Galactus instead of doing damage. They could just lower or remove the damage, but that doesn't seem like a big enough gently caress-you from the devs.

I'm having about a 66% win-rate against round-6 Galactus with 2*Black Widow, Hulk and Juggernaut. I am ready for a lazy 3* Juggs.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Puweyxil posted:

My prediction for round two:

Galactus's CD tiles will be changed to heal Galactus instead of doing damage. They could just lower or remove the damage, but that doesn't seem like a big enough gently caress-you from the devs.

I'm having about a 66% win-rate against round-6 Galactus with 2*Black Widow, Hulk and Juggernaut. I am ready for a lazy 3* Juggs.

You'll whale for your non-lazy 5* Jugg with the Hammer of Kuurth and you'll like it

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

SynthOrange posted:

Why are people still playing this? Why? :psyduck:

I reckon it's like gambling addiction. You always think you can do one more, you have a "system" that totally can win, and the anticipation of a chance to get something awesome is always lingering. Like, I beat Galactus once and I literally jumped off my sofa and put my arms in the air. Praise be to those who can quit cold turkey because I have too much time on my hands and enough care to keep going.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Auritech posted:

I reckon it's like gambling addiction. You always think you can do one more, you have a "system" that totally can win, and the anticipation of a chance to get something awesome is always lingering. Like, I beat Galactus once and I literally jumped off my sofa and put my arms in the air. Praise be to those who can quit cold turkey because I have too much time on my hands and enough care to keep going.

I think he means the game itself

It is because I have a problem

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I'm glad I got like 5 covers of grey suit recently but with no prof x it stops short.

Thanks though.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

My profx only has 2 blue covers so I use Loki Patch Hulk

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I'll probably try just as hard in round 2, even if they don't fix it in the slightest. :smith:
I'm what's wrong with this game, aren't I?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

21st Cherry boy posted:

I'll probably try just as hard in round 2, even if they don't fix it in the slightest. :smith:
I'm what's wrong with this game, aren't I?

I'm suspecting its the marvel licence and a lot of us aiming for our favorite heroes and such.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God, I loving love PvP events that don't shoehorn you into a single character.

Managed to get 841 points with around 1 hour to go with a team of R&G / Loki / Cyclops. Really wish I'd kept R&G at 3/5/5 though. I initially wanted to go from 25% to 100% at once but now the increased instances of healing for increased cascades and stronger and faster Strike Tiles from their Blue seems a lot more appealing, since I barely got any Blues off.

The next PvP event is gonna be a totally rockfest though. I don't care about ranks, I just want to fool around with a team of Boosted SW / Boosted Prof X / Grey Widow.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Someone posted this on reddit:

Stats for round 8

• 4x 1 turn CD tiles
• Each CD tile generates 5 cosmic tiles (and does 1,010 damage)
• Galactus generates 5AP for each cosmic tile he eats
• Health 32,320

So Galactus first batch of CD tiles has the potential to generate 100AP.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

:siren: You can force close the phone app to get another shot at the big node and also log your damage against Galactus :siren:

Be sure to force close on your turn. If it comes to Galactus's turn where hes gonna eat the stuff and then kill you its already too late.

It wont update your personal score but it will add to the alliance damage.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

If you get a bad board and can't match enough purple then disconnect from the Internet (turn on airplane mode if on a phone, turn off router if on PC or console) and force quit the game. Reconnect to the Internet and restart the game. This is basically a ghetto retreat where your characters will take retreat damage, but the Galactus node doesn't get locked so you can try again. Since Galactus doesn't do much damage before the 1-shot, the retreat damage doesn't matter (other than Hulk needing enough to stay alive for Anger), so you can save health packs until a team member is actually dead.

I can't get this to work. What am I doing wrong?

I wrote down how much life galactus had and how much damage i'd logged before the fight

I fought a few rounds, doing as much damage as possible.

When galactus was going to win next turn, I tabbed out, put my phone into airplane mode, force closed the app, turned airplane mode off again, and opened the app

Both numbers displayed were the same as the ones I had written down.

Now don't get me wrong, this DID let me retry boards a few times until I got a win (with OBW / CStorm / MMag, no less!), but it's not keeping the damage I was doing on my failed runs. So in a way I'm actually going through health packs faster this way.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 11, 2015

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

I can't get this to work. What am I doing wrong?

I wrote down how much life galactus had and how much damage i'd logged before the fight

I fought a few rounds, doing as much damage as possible.

When galactus was going to win next turn, I tabbed out, put my phone into airplane mode, force closed the app, turned airplane mode off again, and opened the app

Both numbers displayed were the same as the ones I had written down.

Now don't get me wrong, this DID let me retry boards a few times until I got a win (with OBW / CStorm / MMag, no less!), but it's not keeping the damage I was doing on my failed runs. So in a way I'm actually going through health packs faster this way.

You are doing it right. You don't get to keep damage done to Galactus if you reset; it only registers when the fight is over and you see the result screen. The reset abuse is for if you got a bad score/didn't win and want to try again; it prevents the Galactus node from being locked, like would normally happen at fight end.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Did they hotfix that? People kept saying it would keep the damage you dealt for your alliance.

edit: PIZZA DOGS please push as hard as you can, this is looking to be a really close one but I believe it is POSSIBLE. I love 90s cyclops so much all I want is my jim lee fix.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 11, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
For Round 8: Max cap marvel + Max human torch + Xforce wolverine/hulkbuster/big black ability user

Cap marvel needs 5 in yellow, torch needs 5 red (which you should be aiming for anyways)

Cap marvel tanks 4 countdown damage hits and generates 20 red, 12 black

Torch fires off at least 3 fireballs for 16k damage (4 or 5 fireballs if you boost and collect red in the 2 turns you can)

Wolverine/hulkbuster uses their big black ability and do more damage. You win or you deal a significant amount of damage to him.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the nice thing about everyone slamming their dick in the door with galactus is that the anniversary pvp events are ghost towns. what up 900+ points in events i regularly get 500ish :cool:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Looking like more will finish this then those who finished first ultron.

Not sure if thats good or bad.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Yeah, but only because people figured out the force quit loophole, which will be closed next time I'm sure.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Why are people still playing this? Why? :psyduck:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just like silly match-3 games while I'm on the train or exercise bike. I have no expectations for any sort of logical progression or return on investment beyond the opportunity to turn my mind off for a bit.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Anals of History posted:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just like silly match-3 games while I'm on the train or exercise bike. I have no expectations for any sort of logical progression or return on investment beyond the opportunity to turn my mind off for a bit.

:colbert: Still shouldn't support bad game design.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

homeless poster posted:

the nice thing about everyone slamming their dick in the door with galactus is that the anniversary pvp events are ghost towns. what up 900+ points in events i regularly get 500ish :cool:

Seconding this.

Easy 3* bullseye milestone cover at 850, and shot up to the top ten in the overall anniversary event which, correct me if I'm wrong, the point tally for that won't go down when I eventually get my rear end beat for being worth so many points in the class of 2015 event.

I may actually try hard to stay in the top ten all next week!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm lookin' forward to the second PvP event cause I plan on earning a shitton of ISO with the Winfinite team. I don't care about points, I just want double ISO.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Helical Nightmares posted:

:colbert: Still shouldn't support bad game design.

You'll be playing very few games in that case.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
After this event, I think Kirk was entirely justified in cheating on the Kobayashi Maru test. Ended up exploit disconnecting on Galactus nearly every round.

Congrats to Pizzs Dog on getting a Cyclops. Now I need the HP for 2 more roster slots.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Seconding this.

Easy 3* bullseye milestone cover at 850, and shot up to the top ten in the overall anniversary event which, correct me if I'm wrong, the point tally for that won't go down when I eventually get my rear end beat for being worth so many points in the class of 2015 event.

I may actually try hard to stay in the top ten all next week!

The season score goes down as long as the event is still open.

So if you're beat to 200 when the event is over, your placement falls and so will progress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I really wish milestones were cumulative, but then again, that would just result in D3 raising the milestones way higher.

I will probably make it to the 10-cover pack though, given that I'm already nearly halfway there from the first PvP.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Someone in my alliance was crazy enough to get the legendary token from Galactus.
He opened it and got... Starlord.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:rip: alliance dude.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm honestly more surprised that Old Man Logan got maxed before Silver Surfer.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
ok, I've gotten way more into this than I thought I was going to, any alliances have a spot open? This event has pushed me past 1 star scrublord into 3 and 4 star poorly matched land.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Maldraedior posted:

ok, I've gotten way more into this than I thought I was going to, any alliances have a spot open? This event has pushed me past 1 star scrublord into 3 and 4 star poorly matched land.

just make sure you aren't throwing out your 2* covers until you get at least three or four 3* heros with max covers (if not max level) because 3* mismatched heroes are definitely weaker than 2* max heroes. IIRC a 3* just breaks even on matching damage at level 104, but even their powers at that level are weaker or barely on par with a max cover 2* level 94 hero power.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
yeah, my leveled 3/3/3 1 star iron man does more red and blue skill damage than any of my new guys, especially since they have one or two level one skills. But the extra tankiness goes a long way, and my third anniversary pull was Devil Dinosaur. It's the awful purple skill but his match damage is higher than anyone else I have on most colors so he sits out front and puts his 4k HP to use. I got a black skill Blade on my first draw and that tipped the balance from beating up on one or tow people and then resting to tanking through several matches. Mostly though all the Iso i'm rolling in has let me level my core guys so that they can get work done while i pray for new good covers.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Someone did a poll on the D3Go forums: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33623 :v:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

My alliance managed to completely beat Galactus. The last Cyclops token still hasn't been given out. "Don't attribute malice that which can be explained by stupidity" and all that, but half-seriously wondering if they didn't expect anyone to finish. I know the last round award timing was changed in response to Ultron; this time it stayed open after alliance completion so people weren't locked out of the personal progression rewards and thus the cover wouldn't be awarded right away, but it's been over half a day since the event fully ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

My alliance managed to completely beat Galactus. The last Cyclops token still hasn't been given out. "Don't attribute malice that which can be explained by stupidity" and all that, but half-seriously wondering if they didn't expect anyone to finish. I know the last round award timing was changed in response to Ultron; this time it stayed open after alliance completion so people weren't locked out of the personal progression rewards and thus the cover wouldn't be awarded right away, but it's been over half a day since the event fully ended.

Yeah us too