Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The price, and the fact that these aren't really conceivable for anything beyond d6s, make this a non-starter. A nice novelty but not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

gradenko_2000 posted:

The RPPR AP sold me on Delta Green. It felt like a nice, streamlined system, and the demo rules that've been released reads well.

Inheritance? Nice!

We're going to post some more Delta Green APs this month. Caleb is running some original material of his own as well.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The tech seems better suited to some kind of sports simulation game.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
There's currently a Kickstarter for Rippers Resurrected, a sequel to the Savage Worlds setting Rippers. I don't have much experience with the Savage Worlds system, but I recently got the basic system, so I'm considering getting it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Boogie Dice posted:

Nimrod (CEO) is an inventor, app developer and crowd-funding rock-star. His first creation, Pressy, was a breakthrough success, and Nimrod has plenty more great ideas up his sleeve.

:rolleyes:

Nice project, Nimrod, try not to crowd-surf the internet, it's dangerous.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There's currently a Kickstarter for Rippers Resurrected, a sequel to the Savage Worlds setting Rippers. I don't have much experience with the Savage Worlds system, but I recently got the basic system, so I'm considering getting it.

Huh. Interesting premise. Rip the powers out of monsters to fight them. Bet it would not be too difficult to make a Bloodborne hack out of that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Rippers is pretty fun (it's basically "Van Helsing: The Movie: The RPG"), but the original Rippers metalplot reveal was pretty loving dumb.

All those monster parts you've been ripping out of monsters and grafting to yourself? Turns out doing that to yourself causes you to get sent to Hell when you die, no matter how good a person you were. Not only that, but your soul will have parts ripped off of it and used to empower the monsters being sent to Earth.

Best thing to do is ignore that factor of the setting/Plot Point Campaign and just run it as a Victorian sort-of-cyberpunk monster stomp.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Wow, that's the sort of dumb twist I thought Pinnacle got over years ago.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Wow, that's the sort of dumb twist I thought Pinnacle got over years ago.

Well, Rippers did first come out back in 2005, so technically they have. I don't know if they're going to keep that "twist" or not for this version.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've been reading 2006's Deadlands Reloaded and it's fuckin' horrible. I should post a picture of the slavery sidebar because it's cringe-worthy. Mid-2000s Pinnacle sucked rear end and was still obsessed with dumb metaplot NPCs and lovely "you tried to win and so you lose" twists.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ah, Deadlands, where the cooler a type of magic was, more than likely it involved a demon crawling up your rear end and making you into its fleshy chesspiece.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Rippers is pretty fun (it's basically "Van Helsing: The Movie: The RPG")

I was all set to ignore it until I read this. Guess I'm giving Shane Hensley even more money.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've been reading 2006's Deadlands Reloaded and it's fuckin' horrible. I should post a picture of the slavery sidebar because it's cringe-worthy. Mid-2000s Pinnacle sucked rear end and was still obsessed with dumb metaplot NPCs and lovely "you tried to win and so you lose" twists.

I love how the last three plot points have been about going around and killing the big metaplot NPCs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just got bad news from R Tal regarding the new Mekton Zeta. Apparently they were still using Quark of all things and their version poo poo the bed. Combined with other problems they've been having (health issues, toxic backers, and a move from what I understand) this has pushed them off the schedule entirely. The good news is they're promising weekly updates from now on.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They've been off their schedule for almost a year, haven't they? I want to say it was supposed to come out December-ish 2014.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Good grief. Are they timesharing a mainframe with the Amarillo Design Bureau or something?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bieeardo posted:

Good grief. Are they timesharing a mainframe with the Amarillo Design Bureau or something?

Maybe.. they're using version 7.5, which is nine years old art this point. I wouldn't be surprised if their PC hardware is running Vista or maybe even XP.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

What toxic backers was the Mekton KS dealing with? I didn't back it because it was doing stuff like t-shirts and bumper stickers, which are a big red flag to me.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Rippers is pretty fun (it's basically "Van Helsing: The Movie: The RPG"), but the original Rippers metalplot reveal was pretty loving dumb.

All those monster parts you've been ripping out of monsters and grafting to yourself? Turns out doing that to yourself causes you to get sent to Hell when you die, no matter how good a person you were. Not only that, but your soul will have parts ripped off of it and used to empower the monsters being sent to Earth.

Best thing to do is ignore that factor of the setting/Plot Point Campaign and just run it as a Victorian sort-of-cyberpunk monster stomp.

Someone needs to make a Madoka Magica RPG now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

How many kickstarters have been delayed because they don't use cloud backups

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LordAba posted:

Good news: someone made one a couple of years ago.

http://yarukizerogames.com/tag/magical-burst/

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Good news: someone made one a couple of years ago.

http://yarukizerogames.com/tag/magical-burst/

Dude should kickstart some better art

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Alien Rope Burn posted:

:rolleyes:

Nice project, Nimrod, try not to crowd-surf the internet, it's dangerous.

I backed Pressy. I got the button, but it was completely terrible in nearly every way and didn't do the one thing I was promised it would - take screenshots.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I actually really like these, and all the systems I play + the one I'm making are 2d6 systems. Something really novel about snapping your fingers and having the dice start spinning. I'm a huge nerd for dice. Especially gimmick dice.

The price though... for 20$ I might hmm over it for a few days and maybe cave, but at 38 dollars for 2 dice? No Bueno.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I want to see someone use these for that unit in Age of Sigmar that fires 72 times each turn

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

boom boom boom posted:

Dude should kickstart some better art

if he ever stops fiddling around with it, maybe. I mean, the latest is version 5 out of who knows how many revisions that didn't actually get publicly released.

I honestly felt the first draft was fine, although the addition of finishers in the 3rd released draft was almost where I wanted it. Haven't read the latest one yet though.

Evil Mastermind posted:

What toxic backers was the Mekton KS dealing with? I didn't back it because it was doing stuff like t-shirts and bumper stickers, which are a big red flag to me.

Well part of the problem was they decided if they didn't have anything positive or concrete to say about production they wouldn't say anything, and then some people got angry after they were silent for a couple of months and at various times legal action and other forms of harassment were threatened, you know the drill by now with delayed KS projects. I haven't been following it too closely because I try to stay positive, you know?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

LordAba posted:

I'm very fond of this Polaris hack.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Not sure if this is official or fan made but I like the split title.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I hope it's not official. If I didn't know what it was supposed to say there's no way in hell I would've picked up that it said "Delta Green".

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Helical Nightmares posted:

Not sure if this is official or fan made but I like the split title.

I am so psyched for RE|TO U|ILLN

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

LordAba posted:

In addition to things already mentioned, there's Magical Fury. Runs on PbtA, no idea whether it's good or not.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

senrath posted:

I hope it's not official. If I didn't know what it was supposed to say there's no way in hell I would've picked up that it said "Delta Green".

boom boom boom posted:

I am so psyched for RE|TO U|ILLN

... I literally didn't see it that way until you posted it. Huh.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

clockworkjoe posted:

Inheritance? Nice!

We're going to post some more Delta Green APs this month. Caleb is running some original material of his own as well.

Yup, Inheritance. What stood out to me was:

- "Library use" no longer needs to be rolled for.
- most other skills don't need to be rolled for if you're not under stress, as long as you have the skill
- persuasion requires some form of leverage over the target
- guns and weapons are more differentiated in terms of how much damage they deal
- character creation is quicker with professions carrying sets of skills

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

boom boom boom posted:

I want to see someone use these for that unit in Age of Sigmar that fires 72 times each turn

Do you expect a round of applause for this post?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

You'd end up with one from clapping to roll the dice.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jedit posted:

I was imagining the player having 72 of the dice. "I attack with my Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower" *raps sharply on table, 72 dice start flinging themselves around like a swarm of giant, flightless, retarded, glowing bumblebees*

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

It'll only set you back about $1000, go for it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

poo poo - sorry guys, we have to hold off for an hour. I forgot to charge my dice before I came tonight.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

I was imagining the player having 72 of the dice. "I attack with my Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower" *raps sharply on table, 72 dice start flinging themselves around like a swarm of giant, flightless, retarded, glowing bumblebees*

That sounds kind of awesome actually until you realize that the dice are $15 each at $150/10 (maybe if you ordered 72 they'd get even cheaper but you would need to work out a deal) so you're looking at about a grand in dice (maybe 900 if things scaled really well).

Between Two Cities just arrived, very interested in trying it out this evening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I like this idea, just for the mental image of the dice rolling over the battlefield and knocking everything over.

• Locked thread