Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Kilazar posted:

Did I miss something? I thought the fish had no fire points.

It doesn't, but they can have the 'fish drive up to an enemy squad, jump out, and bhhhrrrttttt for 20 S6AP3 shots at point-blank range. Leaves the squad vulnerable to return fire, of course, but that's what the imbabubble drone is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Drake_263 posted:

It doesn't, but they can have the 'fish drive up to an enemy squad, jump out, and bhhhrrrttttt for 20 S6AP3 shots at point-blank range. Leaves the squad vulnerable to return fire, of course, but that's what the imbabubble drone is for.

Ah thanks. I thought that might have been what was meant. But I was not certain.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Naramyth posted:

BA/SW/DA are not considered chapter tactics, as it should be.

What was the conflict? Can you elaborate? I haven't been following much of the new 40k stuff

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

PierreTheMime posted:

Picked up a Tech-Priest Dominus and a set of Kastelans. Now to decide on a color scheme... I love the basic red but I have done that to absolute death with my Tyranid. Thinking pale green? Perhaps orange? I might just give in and do the standard, but I'll probably play around with it a bit.

Purple with gold and silver accents. Pimp those bots out.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Master Twig posted:

Purple with gold and silver accents. Pimp those bots out.

This.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

PierreTheMime posted:

Picked up a Tech-Priest Dominus and a set of Kastelans. Now to decide on a color scheme... I love the basic red but I have done that to absolute death with my Tyranid. Thinking pale green? Perhaps orange? I might just give in and do the standard, but I'll probably play around with it a bit.

Ryza orange is pretty neat.

I haven't decided on how to paint my AdMech yet, either. Still have a couple things to assemble.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Hixson posted:

What was the conflict? Can you elaborate? I haven't been following much of the new 40k stuff

In the new Space Marine book, they actually tried to cut down on mixing and matching Chapter Tactics to get all the best stuff. A unit can only benefit from one chapter tactics at a time, and if there are models with two different tactics in the same squad, neither of them work. This is actually pretty good, as otherwise a White Scars Librarian Conclave leading a bunch of Iron Hands bikers would be a no brainer.

However, only the 6 chapters in C:SM have a rule called Chapter Tactics. It's kind of dumb that an Imperial Fist is suddenly a much worse shot because an Ultramarine is standing near him, or that the Iron Hands have to deactivate their bionics because there's a Salamander present, while they'd both be fine if there was a Space Wolf rampaging around on his Thunderwolf in their squads. Dark Angels and Space Wolves are actually better allies than pretty much any other two chapters, and they both get to use all their rules.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PierreTheMime posted:

Base your colorscheme off this

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just realized why I love 30 kay: it's a game entirely about giant muscular dudes fighting other giant muscular dudes while shouting "YOURE NOT MY BREH. I HATE YOU BREH!!"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
In other news this is either fake or something that will make Hixson very very happy:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Well that is cool as poo poo, where is it from?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Looks like the Space Wolf/Thousand Sons book.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Somethingawful.com - (AP) User boom boom boom became the first person in the world to become a vaporwave painter.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Doesn't fit with FW book art, looks much more like something from a Black Library artist. GW has been hiring more freelance illustrators recently though so who knows.

e- Although looks a lot like this art, but I can't remember where it's from

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 13, 2015

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

I was seriously considering painting the faceplates with console output in amber and green. Kastelans Y05 and P05.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Creepy Goat posted:

Doesn't fit with FW book art, looks much more like something from a Black Library artist. GW has been hiring more freelance illustrators recently though so who knows.

e- Although looks a lot like this art, but I can't remember where it's from

That second one is from HH Book 1. I thought we were getting a book with all the other missing legions first, so it could well be a hoax. Rumors put Prospero at sometime next year.

Isn't there a HH weekender this month?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Im thinking of going all in on the samurai theme with my Tau. Where do people buy 28mm Katanas?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Don't give them katanas. Focus on battlesuits and do more historically accurate to when they were main soldiers Samurai--mounted archer equivalents!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Esser-Z posted:

Samurai--mounted archer equivalents!

You want archers riding samurai?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

You want archers riding samurai?

....why the gently caress not?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Esser-Z posted:

Don't give them katanas. Focus on battlesuits and do more historically accurate to when they were main soldiers Samurai--mounted archer equivalents!

Its to represent the bonding knife ritual.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

Im thinking of going all in on the samurai theme with my Tau. Where do people buy 28mm Katanas?

Puppets War has some samurai bits including swords and sholder bits, helmets too.
http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=209
they have 4 fingers though

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Hixson posted:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

In the new Space Marine book, they actually tried to cut down on mixing and matching Chapter Tactics to get all the best stuff. A unit can only benefit from one chapter tactics at a time, and if there are models with two different tactics in the same squad, neither of them work. This is actually pretty good, as otherwise a White Scars Librarian Conclave leading a bunch of Iron Hands bikers would be a no brainer.

However, only the 6 chapters in C:SM have a rule called Chapter Tactics. It's kind of dumb that an Imperial Fist is suddenly a much worse shot because an Ultramarine is standing near him, or that the Iron Hands have to deactivate their bionics because there's a Salamander present, while they'd both be fine if there was a Space Wolf rampaging around on his Thunderwolf in their squads. Dark Angels and Space Wolves are actually better allies than pretty much any other two chapters, and they both get to use all their rules.

The ITC vote would make SW/BA/DA have chapter tactics to try to cut down on some deathstar garbage. The vote didn't go that way, which I am thankful for because I don't like changing RAW stuff if we can help it, and it isn't that big of a deal.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Love the new Tau (except Stormsurge lol) will buy it all

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Mr.Booger posted:

Puppets War has some samurai bits including swords and sholder bits, helmets too.
http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=209
they have 4 fingers though

I looked at those, but I need bare katanas. I might have to go shapeways.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Drop Pod question: I had always thought that when it arrives from Deep Strike, its passengers automatically disembark that turn. Is that not the case?

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

PantsOptional posted:

Drop Pod question: I had always thought that when it arrives from Deep Strike, its passengers automatically disembark that turn. Is that not the case?

You are right.

"Once a Drop Pod lands, all passengers must disembark and no models can embark for the rest of the game." -C:DA.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

In 30k you can keep the doors closed and stay inside, but I think you must disembark in 40k.

Naramyth posted:

The ITC vote would make SW/BA/DA have chapter tactics to try to cut down on some deathstar garbage. The vote didn't go that way, which I am thankful for because I don't like changing RAW stuff if we can help it, and it isn't that big of a deal.

Normally I'd be with you, but lets face it this game is broken AF

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

In other news this is either fake or something that will make Hixson very very happy:

I refuse to believe until I see a Magnus teaser

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

I refuse to believe until I see a Magnus teaser

Magnus confirmed:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

BULBASAUR posted:

In 30k you can keep the doors closed and stay inside, but I think you must disembark in 40k.

Normally I'd be with you, but lets face it this game is broken AF

When everything is broken nothing is broken.

And the deathstar loses hard to the Culexus, other psychic deathstars, anything that can strip cover, and some "lol 6" stomps/range D, and heldrakes. It certainly is a product of it's environment but it's manageable.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ineptmule posted:

Love the new Tau (except Stormsurge lol) will buy it all

The only cool part of tau is kroot and that supplement that let's you do the 7 Samurai.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LordAba posted:

that supplement that let's you do the 7 Samurai.

Tell me more.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

drgnvale posted:

Tell me more.

Farsight Enclaves has The Eight: Commander Farsight and a cast of seven colorful bodyguards including an AI, an Earth caste scientist in a Riptide, a pirate warlord, etc.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Do they train a bunch of dirt farmer former imperial citizens to resist the invading imperial guard force?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/rising-sun/samurai-warriors

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Anvil posted:

We will be releasing Black Ops Exo Lords in Heavy armour at some point hopefully before Christmas, and possibly also an "ornate" non-black ops version.

I cant give any more details at this stage in the process unfortunately.

Kind regards

Joel

Hopefully just in time for the 1k sons release.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

PierreTheMime posted:

I might just give in and do the standard, but I'll probably play around with it a bit.
:siren: DO NOT PAINT GW MINIS STANDARD :siren:

At least a red-Mars camo scheme? Wasn't that SRM's old Catachan deal? Rust-brown highlighted up to orange, with gray fabric and glowing yellow bits, would look sweet too.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

BuffaloChicken posted:

At least a red-Mars camo scheme? Wasn't that SRM's old Catachan deal? Rust-brown highlighted up to orange, with gray fabric and glowing yellow bits, would look sweet too.

Probably going with a burnt orange/drab blue plating, to give the robits a nice flat color and make the cloaks and highlights pop.

Like so:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BuffaloChicken posted:

That's MSP's Catachan deal. Mine are more standard looking. Just paint your robots like I painted mine:

• Locked thread