Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Good grief, who is this admiralkogar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Shameless self-insert for the academy. Sorry, fellas.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait, someone is using star trek: TAS as a reference for color? Despite only Yesteryear being canon from it?

The animation director was colorblind. Any colors in TAS are inherently suspect!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tunicate posted:

Wait, someone is using star trek: TAS as a reference for color? Despite only Yesteryear being canon from it?

The animation director was colorblind. Any colors in TAS are inherently suspect!

PINK KLINGON UNIFORMS CANON

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

That's a deep vein of autism you dug up there.

I love how none of them seem to want to admit that they just want their creepy Princess Leia slave girls. I really enjoy that one guy saying "yeah, well disco balls aren't canon either!" like a petulant child.

Shut down STO and shut down the Internet.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder how many people saying that "we shouldn't limit RP choices!" are also ones who aggressively whined to get rid of disco balls. Canon only matters if they aren't wanking to it, I guess. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't take mah metal wank bikinis :argh: - STO pubbies

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm sorry but you can't watch the early Star Trek movies and tell me disco is not canon. Just look at their pants.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DancingShade posted:

Don't take mah metal wank bikinis :argh: - STO pubbies

Even my realism wasn't able to overcome the need for a wankfest :stonk:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

BombermanX posted:

Shameless self-insert for the academy. Sorry, fellas.

1.1k views in 12 hours. It good!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does this video break your immersion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ4Esk3DE

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Sorry but only Starfleet Battles Star Trek is canon now. That's why I am flying the USS Saddam Hussein.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Sorry but only Starfleet Battles Star Trek is canon now. That's why I am flying the USS Saddam Hussein.

If it was not for that man there would be no peace in the middle east. Oh wait.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

DonDoodles posted:

Does anyone have the angry e-mail he sent his fleet railing against small boobs?

I night have it on my klank, but I definitely know I have the email from when Lina purged something like 90% of HOBO because someone sold a bugship out the fleet bank.

Lina also sent me very, very detailed instructions on how to beautify my character or I'd be kicked. I'll post a screenshot later of what I came up with in response, along with the mail.

E: woops didn't realise that was from previous page, stupid phone app

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

This idiot just posted about his ToS violating disco-ball removing mod. :allears:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
He's still around? I remember a time when this rear end in a top hat had a minimum of 3 threads on page 1 of the STO forums at all times. Not because they were popular or had a ton of replies but because he would post every passing thought.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Morglon posted:

He's still around? I remember a time when this rear end in a top hat had a minimum of 3 threads on page 1 of the STO forums at all times. Not because they were popular or had a ton of replies but because he would post every passing thought.

So how did he make any posts at all, judging by that screenshot he clearly isn't thinking. :eng101:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Stoleviathan used to rail against the disorder of the forums, regularly demanding that the mods take a harsher stance on moderation to keep everyone in line. I can't believe he is dumb enough to post his third party mods (the absolute dumbest mod I've seen to date) on the forums themselves.

AND you also have Protogoth attempting to backseat mod the thread as well. This is a very successful thread, all in all.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
And we wondered what we'd do with Xean MIA.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I couldn't find the mail from Linamia telling me how ~exactly~ to make a "correct, beautiful" Orion, but I grabbed a screenshot of what I did to my klank instead. I got kicked from HOBO shortly after showing it - I explicitly remember the beard-esque markings causing at least 5 minutes of chat-rage, on top of the whole bug-ship kick 90% of HOBO thing. gently caress looking through chatlogs though, it was traumatic enough logging in for 5 minutes to take those screenshots.

And for good measure, here's a screenshot of what I did to my Fed last time I played:

Feel free to gently caress over those fleets somehow, both are full of Christian zealot turbonerds.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yeah I can see how that would send Lina to convulsions of absolute rage. You're lucky he didn't try to track down your address.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Risa pubbies posted:

[10/12 11:15] [Local] Deedoo@Pinx: ooo..i don't have any "get me pregnant" tonics :-(
[10/12 11:16] [Local] Alisha@jq4350: that what it does to you ?
[10/12 11:16] [Local] S'Task@lamotte303: will get some for you have some my bank
[10/12 11:18] [Local] Deedoo@Pinx: lol,it seems every time i use it,the game turns into http://sto-match.com and everyone hits on me :-)~
[10/12 11:19] [Local] Deedoo@Pinx: like putting red lights on a Risan ship,rofl
Deedoo is an underage looking rodent thing and... there is something seriously wrong with the denizens of Risa.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

fakemirage posted:

Deedoo is an underage looking rodent thing and... there is something seriously wrong with the denizens of Risa.

Worf had the right idea.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

fakemirage posted:

there is something seriously wrong with the denizens of STO

Ftfy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The "orions should be green" thread is a pretty good fishing net :allears:

Also for any pubbies reading this: your bridge bunny waifus are green, get over it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's almost as hilariously transparent as the whining about Tovan Khev. :allears:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Protogoth is now posting lists of fallacies and breaking out his MASTER LOGICIAN credentials to settle the "Orions = Green" debate once and for all. Why did they pass over such a bright mind when handing out modships again?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Asimo posted:

"Look I'm not saying I'm racist against black green women, it's just that I find girls repulsive unless they're white, that's all!"

my inspiration^

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

DonDoodles posted:

Protogoth is now posting lists of fallacies and breaking out his MASTER LOGICIAN credentials to settle the "Orions = Green" debate once and for all. Why did they pass over such a bright mind when handing out modships again?

Oh with Xean banned, Protogoth (it claims to be a middle aged female) is definitely my new favourite.

Just poke it and mention either "Logic" (incidentally its 'credentials' consist of an ancient undergraduate degree and failing its Masters) or "I prefer non-TOS depictions of Romulans" and watch it go.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:siren: seriously? :psyduck: :siren:

this is like how they are naming the new lockbox ship the klondike

it was a joke

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 14, 2015

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
If they pull the Klondike over this I'm going to be so sad I'll gorge on some kind of chocolatey coated ice cream loaded big and thick no room for a stick bar.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Conskill posted:

If they pull the Klondike over this I'm going to be so sad I'll gorge on some kind of chocolatey coated ice cream loaded big and thick no room for a stick bar.

But they were letting me test it on the private inhouse test server :( Nooo don't take it!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
stfu

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the new sto mod really isn't half bad.

I remembered the doff contest mary sue thing and immediately thought 'wtf have they done?' but I think i may have been too hasty.

he/she posted this on twitter

Sadly the green orion cause is set back with the closing of the thread :(

They really do need to make all the orions green.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 13, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Wow, that was an amazing thread closed way too soon. Don't really get why Trendy got so pissy about it, as there are worse threads with people calling each other worse things on a daily basis.

Sometimes it's good just to let Protogoth and Stoleviathan go for a bit. Let them cleanse their systems of whatever stupid bullshit they have rattling around inside their heads.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Yeah my main impression of them was from that doff contest - the Mary Sueness really put me off them. But they seem actually pretty cool.

DonDoodles posted:

Wow, that was an amazing thread closed way too soon. Don't really get why Trendy got so pissy about it, as there are worse threads with people calling each other worse things on a daily basis.

Sometimes it's good just to let Protogoth and Stoleviathan go for a bit. Let them cleanse their systems of whatever stupid bullshit they have rattling around inside their heads.

From what I heard Trendy was involved in some kind of accident this morning - sounded like it was nearly serious and may have meant she had little patience for putting up with the usual whiny delusional bullshit from the gallery.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Tigey posted:

Yeah my main impression of them was from that doff contest - the Mary Sueness really put me off them. But they seem actually pretty cool.

From what I heard Trendy was involved in some kind of accident this morning - sounded like it was nearly serious and may have meant she had little patience for putting up with the usual whiny delusional bullshit from the gallery.

I wonder if her accident will speed up Butts taking over her place as community manager. Hopefully he will get some more time to train up before he takes over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

hakimashou posted:

the new sto mod really isn't half bad.

I remembered the doff contest mary sue thing and immediately thought 'wtf have they done?' but I think i may have been too hasty.

he/she posted this on twitter

Sadly the green orion cause is set back with the closing of the thread :(

They really do need to make all the orions green.

XIIII is not 14 I'm so triggered right now you don't even.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Korgan posted:

This idiot just posted about his ToS violating disco-ball removing mod. :allears:
And banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tigey posted:

Ah, I didn't catch that. Well, that's a shame. I'm guessing injuries were minor to non-existent, as she was at work banning spergs, but hopefully the accident wasn't too bad. Speedy recovery and all that.

fakemirage posted:

And banned.

Fourxgamer caught a ban as well (haha fourxgamer, I know you're reading this) and Protogoth seems to be "in jail," which I think is some kind of probation or something. Also, it looks like Shazia caught a probation as well on our side. Sorry, Shaz, but sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 13, 2015

• Locked thread