Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Just found out that I actually can make it to one of Autopsy's shows in Chicago when I previously thought I would be out of town. Better yet, if the Reggie's website is to be believed, Incantation has been added to the bill (not the poster though).

EDIT: Incantation is indeed playing, via Facebook. Hell yes.

Will they be playing music co-written by their nazi-sympathizing ex-frontman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would certainly assume and hope so.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Craig Pillard worked on Onward to Golgotha, so one can only hope they do!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I hear that Kyle from Incantation has a mustache, confirm/deny?

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
^ Beaten, but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tp4J2PIdBc

The Metal Archives posted:

Since he's played in Incantation since 1994 and has a mustache, he probably is the person referred in Anal oval office's song "Kyle From Incantation Has A Mustache" from the "I Like It When You Die" record.

ElectricWizard fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 13, 2015

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Happy Hippo posted:

I hear that Kyle from Incantation has a mustache, confirm/deny?

This is the joke I should have made in my previous post and now I feel like an orphan who lives on a house boat for missing out on it. :tipshat:

edit: Kyle played drums on "Kyle From Incantation Has A Mustache".

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 13, 2015

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Here's another new track off the new Hooded Menace:

https://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/01-blood-for-the-burning-oath/s-JoI4q

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hopefully gonna see Iron Reagan in Philly. It's only two months away but it seems like an eternity.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well this sure is a goddamned thing:

http://nerdist.com/lemmy-kilmister-henry-rollins-slash-iggy-pop-are-all-in-a-silent-film-about-an-evil-guitar/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

It's a thing? A thing? Not a thing!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yes, definitely a thing.

Here's another thing: New Jess & the Ancient Ones single!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGQ4tDgjV7o

Spoiler: It's really loving good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm loving ready

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

for some reason im picturing "rubber"

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I really like Veil of Maya's 2012 album Eclipse. Their new album kind of sucks. Any recommendations knowing these two things?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
So, melodic/technical metalcore with some djent influence? You're best off looking in the metalcore thread, but here you go:
Circle of Contempt, Within the Ruins (specifically Elite), Conducting From The Grave, It Screamed Demise, August Burns Red, Burn In Silence.

I think Eclipse is their worst album, though, [id] is the only Veil album I really like. Their new one is pretty similar to Erra, who I personally love, so I don't really dislike but, but can see how the vocals would bother some people.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

dantheman650 posted:

I really like Veil of Maya's 2012 album Eclipse. Their new album kind of sucks. Any recommendations knowing these two things?

My wife really likes After the Burial which is that sort of thing... so... maybe that I guess :shrug:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

I recommend the metalcore/deathcore thread.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte

dantheman650 posted:

I'm not really into them but I've heard a couple of their songs, so I'd say early The Faceless, The Black Dahlia Murder, Killitorous, The Kennedy Veil.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Fat_Cow posted:

Not sure if this is the right metal thread but; I am looking for artists/albums similiar to this

I just read a review on angrymetalguy about Enshine who I had never heard of before. These guys will probably be right up the alley of anyone into Insomnium/Omnium Gatherum as their work is in a similar vein - depressive melodic death but a bit more doomy/proggy I think.

2013 Album "Origin" is out on Google Play Music, Youtube etc ( dunno for sure about others but surely everywhere ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTU3RfIfUWk (edit to link to full album instead)

New Album "Singularity" coming out on the 18th: http://enshine.bandcamp.com/track/adrift , http://enshine.bandcamp.com/track/resurgence

TollTheHounds fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

There's going to be a Blasphemy/Goatpenis split, and while you'd think it would be live it is apparently going to feature new studio material from both bands.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

A human heart posted:

There's going to be a Blasphemy/Goatpenis split, and while you'd think it would be live it is apparently going to feature new studio material from both bands.

ROSS BAY CULT!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I rediscovered Lazarus A.D. a few days ago and I've been listening to them nonstop. It's a drat shame their drummer died earlier this year, since they've gone on extended hiatus it seems.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 17, 2015

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I listened to Strapping Young Lad's 'Alien, last night, I forgot how awesome/crazy that album is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjVT0MhSNeo

henpod fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I know this has already been posted, but I feel the need to remind everyone that the new Mgła album is an absolute thing of beauty. if you haven't listened to it, do it right now. If you have, listen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

What was the song that got you guys to start listening to metal? I've been thinking about this lately, since I didn't remember at first. I heard "Final Countdown" by Europe a Florida restaurant back in 2004 which piqued my curiosity, but the song that won me over with SlipKnot's "Duality" in 2008 or 2009. Even now, SlipKnot holds a special place in my heart.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

symbolic posted:

What was the song that got you guys to start listening to metal? I've been thinking about this lately, since I didn't remember at first. I heard "Final Countdown" by Europe a Florida restaurant back in 2004 which piqued my curiosity, but the song that won me over with SlipKnot's "Duality" in 2008 or 2009. Even now, SlipKnot holds a special place in my heart.

Source your quotes man, c'mon.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

symbolic posted:

I think Bon Jovi laid some groundwork, I used to listen to These Days quite a bit as a pre-teen. (still think it's a decent album, actually) Some Europe as well. But the song that did it for me was Helloween - Eagle Fly Free. From my sister's old cassette tape. I had no idea music like that existed and when the album intro blasted off into the song proper I just completely lost my poo poo. A bit later I was dumping most of my summer job pay to the local record store.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 17, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

symbolic posted:

Master of Puppets

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

new Vehemence - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADncLeWwfbg

the video gets good at around 2:20 lol

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

symbolic posted:

In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion by Agalloch, Annihilation of the Wicked by Nile, and So Did We by Isis

Nile is the only one of those bands I still like though :s

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
hey ditto for me on #1 and #3 but nile has always been and still is boring to me

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Scrambles posted:

hey ditto for me on #1 and #3 but nile has always been and still is boring to me

Nile loving rules. What Should Not Be Unearthed is one of my favorite albums of 2015.

symbolic posted:

When I was 11 or 12, the teenage pothead neighbor across the street would blast Green Jelly and Gwar from his bedroom windows. 3 Little Pigs and Meat Sandwich. And then Metallica.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 18, 2015

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
amongst the catacombs of nephren-ka was the only good nile album :colbert:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

What Should Not Be Unearthed

What Should Not Be Unearthed? It's their music!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

A human heart posted:

What Should Not Be Unearthed? It's their music!

Obviously it's the unendurable truths of who we actually are, the excruciating and unbearable secrets of the origins of the human race, the unguessed horror (which) had long been mercifully hidden in the mists of time, the blasphemy against nature that is mankind, that should not have been unearthed but you'd know that if you googled the lyrics.

But nice try with the witty humor :jerkbag:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Nile good. I set a riff from one of their songs as my ringtone and it always gets some suspicious glances.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Nile good. I set a riff from one of their songs as my ringtone and it always gets some suspicious glances.

Funny story: at one time my ringtone was Twilight of the Thundergod, starting at the scream around 20 seconds in or so. My wife had my phone while changing the baby's diaper in the museum bathroom when I got a call. She was so mad at me.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
The first song that really committed me (as far as it being my primary listening genre) was:

Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace

https://youtu.be/7vcTRWE2_u8

I hated the vocals at the time preferring the shouts of Metallica, Pantera or Fear Factory, but I couldn't stop listening to the album and the more I listened to it the more I loved the music and the more I came to accept the vocals as another instrument. Once that happened it became more than just something I listened to but a lifestyle really. It was immature at the time (I was a teenager after all) and I've since grown to appreciate a variety of metal and other genres, but that was the song that truly converted me.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

symbolic posted:

What was the song that got you guys to start listening to metal?

Stinkfist by Tool, then after I drifted away years later, Nightendday by Pelican pulled me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

symbolic posted:

What was the song that got you guys to start listening to metal?

My family hosted a German foreign exchange student when I was in 4th grade. He brought a copy of Nightfall in Middle Earth and listed to it all the time. It's still one of my favorite albums.

And then one of my best friends in high school (Dustie Waring, now plays for BTBAM) gave me a copy of Cannibal Corpse's Bloodthirst, and after that we started a band and the rest is history.