Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Kessel posted:

y'all be too busy grinding masteries when HoT launches to worry about dungeons. seriously some of the final mastery tiers require an obscene amount of xp

I'm actually really excited about the prospect of xp actually mattering past level 80. I'm starting to run out of alts who aren't level 80 already and I hate feeling like I'm wasting my time doing events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

these people are invite on sight to sfd

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sad they didn't start talking about the golden ratio or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i routinely ran dungeons and enjoyed it so i'm glad i prophetically stopped playing this game when my network card died, so i would have time to adjust to the loss.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Maybe it's only cause I started playing this year but running around in dungeons and fractals are both fun to do, especially with goons. I wish they'd do more of both. I've never done a raid in an mmo cause I'm never hardcore enough to gear for them I hope they're fun.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I have a ton of fun running dungeons with friends :shrug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was at least something to do. not like the game has exactly had anything remotely resembling a challenge when it comes to pve yet, anyways.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
New Legendary weapons look nice, forcing me to do PvP and Zerg vs Door, not so nice so I'm cool with never getting them, got my torch and I'll make the twilight eventually.

Change to dungeons, eh I dunno, people just did them for the gold cause the loot was always trash, curious how they'll make other stuff more rewarding, can't say I trust Anet in that capacity.

Almost a week away, really hope all goes smoothly and it brings me back to the game a bit more, I also kinda hope Anet starts doing events again.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

I was wondering when that guy was gonna show up in the thead. He was a goddamned goldmine. A bunch of babbling nonsense like this stuff peppered with a bunch of sad bragging about how tough he was. Talking about his father forcing him to learn martial arts by randomly attacking him every day, all the street fights he had been in. Going to jail and threatening a group of prison guards. It was amazing.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The Joe Rogan Experience claims another victim.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
He's just grinding schizophrenia to get that sweet ascended straight jacket.

Aug 24, 2011

i've worked it out

the thing they're going to hype and then ignore, like they did with dungeons, is the new legendaries

those 3 you see coming out? they're the only 3 coming out

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Dungeons I'm indifferent too, same with raiding. Underwater combat was pretty unique and a fun selling point. I feel the times I was actively disliking it was the times it was in a badly designed area. For example: Pretty much every single time it appears in the main story questline.

Bet that's why others dislike it too. ;)

Hoping it gets some love in whatever comes after HOT, because we're not going to be fighting Bubbles on land, are we?

:allears:

E: If upping token drops from dungeons is out, how about adding a box that contains all the skins from a set of armour instead? <Armourtype> armour of <Dungeon> attire?

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 13, 2015

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
Bubbles is being deemphasized. They will be killed offscreen by Destiny's Child and/or Rytlock.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No way, there'll be an epic submarine battle. In which the player will press 1 to fire torpedoes.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I find the dungeon changes kind of hilarious, since the last major revamp they got was eliminating gold dropped by champs and bosses, completely killing gold find as a useful stat, and moving all the worthwhile rewards to path completion. Now they just nerf the rewards entirely. Dungeons were a decent way to farm gold (one of the only really consistent sources, TBH), now they're not going to be a decent way to do anything, other than get those dungeon master/dungeoneer titles.

I just hope the liquidity moving elsewhere will still keep some similarly effective source of gold/hour for those times when you actually need to farm gold to buy mats for a legendary or something.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

AzureSkye posted:

Why do the collection when Rage (the precursor) has buy orders at 65g and sell orders at 80g? You'll spend that many many times over on the other parts of Frenzy.

Haha, holy poo poo I had no idea. making a legendary isn't a thing i've ever seriously considered doing so I hadn't bothered to check.

But i'm almost done making ascended gear so i'll need SOMETHING pointless to waste all my gold on soon!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Have they mentioned specifics about what changes they're making to fractals?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Lyer posted:

You might be in for a long wait, Anet has let leather be fairly worthless since before ascended crafting came out. I'd say the only sure bet is ectos if it ever dips again, the dev literally said that Anet likes them around 35s-40s in that thread.

Well, it wasn't that long.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I think I saw this guy, or his alt, spouting on about being a Freeman a month ago.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Schpyder posted:

I find the dungeon changes kind of hilarious, since the last major revamp they got was eliminating gold dropped by champs and bosses, completely killing gold find as a useful stat, and moving all the worthwhile rewards to path completion. Now they just nerf the rewards entirely. Dungeons were a decent way to farm gold (one of the only really consistent sources, TBH), now they're not going to be a decent way to do anything, other than get those dungeon master/dungeoneer titles.

I just hope the liquidity moving elsewhere will still keep some similarly effective source of gold/hour for those times when you actually need to farm gold to buy mats for a legendary or something.

I just hope that it's not a move to put more gold into overworld events, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. It would do a lot to force players together and would greatly limit the ability of high-end groups to outpace the general population in terms of gold/hour with easy content. If they can actually make raids/fractals fun but challenging with a similar reward I could see this as a good thing.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Scratch that, 600 stacks. This is either going to make me rich or I'll lose 30 gold.

Heh. I already have dozen of stacks of stuff on most of my characters, but the sheer volume of leather on the market is hilarious. There were 3 million units from 45c to 49c when I looked this morning. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but at this point I'm more confused about where I'd put it all. Guild Bank

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 13, 2015

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I'm probably not the best person to defend the dungeon change since I don't do dungeons, but reducing the gold from them makes sense. Dungeon running creates a lot of gold in the economy. Silverwastes and world bosses in general don't. You get a couple gold for Teq and some silver out of champ bags, but most of the money I make from running world bosses or Silverwastes comes from selling stuff to other players. That just shifts gold from one player to another without creating it. Hell, it actually reduces it to some extent with Trading Post fees.

But yeah, reducing the gold and not increasing tokens or whatever seems like a bad move. They should just give Dungeons (and WvW) track rewards like pvp has.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

brainSnakes posted:

Haha, holy poo poo I had no idea. making a legendary isn't a thing i've ever seriously considered doing so I hadn't bothered to check.

But i'm almost done making ascended gear so i'll need SOMETHING pointless to waste all my gold on soon!

You should at least do the first tier of precursor quests for it. If we can base it on the teaser for The Juggernaut then it will involve you travelling the world to understand what it really means to be a fish.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Moot quest will require you to drink and dance in front of world leaders and raid bosses.

Aug 24, 2011

Howler quest requires that you blow various NPCs across Tyria

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Joust posted:

You should at least do the first tier of precursor quests for it. If we can base it on the teaser for The Juggernaut then it will involve you travelling the world to understand what it really means to be a fish.

Does this mean Birdpuncher would get a Nevermore immediately upon release?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Guys, let's be honest. Each dungeon path is akin to a fractal path, many a bit longer then what should have been. How would you guys feel if Anet tunes the dungeon rewards to be similar to a fractal path, and maybe updating the amount of effort per path to be similar to a mid level fractal? To be honest I'll probably end up doing dungeons more than normal once HoT releases just to get more exp.

Speaking of fractals, last night's 50 fractal run made me remember how hugely bitter I am towards fractals. I wasn't even a part of it (I don't have anywhere enough AR to try)! Anet seperating each fractal run into an individual section instead of a set of 3 really will make it far more playable to me. I simply do not have the attention span or spare time to plop down 1.5 hours (depending on pubbies) to do a fractal run! Hell it's probably not even that long for me normally, but it feels too long. Have to leave 2/3rds of the way through? Too loving bad! And building up AR via +1 AR resists at a time. You need loving 70 to get through! Either you get some ascended armor/weapons or you build an intense amount of AR in your laurel amulet and guild commendation trinkets. And the loving rings, I keep doing the right reward tier but I never have seen a one.

Worst of all, thanks to agony I can't even jump it to help or try despite not being anywhere the right rank. Look I'll jump in hardmode and give it my all, even if I'll end up being poo poo in it. Moxie or something.

The fractal split is going to be a very loving good thing.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Joust posted:

Moot quest will require you to drink and dance in front of world leaders and raid bosses.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Took Anet 3 years took me 3 seconds please hire me.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Dreggon posted:

Every RP'er is going have one at HoT launch.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

Guys, let's be honest. Each dungeon path is akin to a fractal path, many a bit longer then what should have been. How would you guys feel if Anet tunes the dungeon rewards to be similar to a fractal path, and maybe updating the amount of effort per path to be similar to a mid level fractal?

That would be neat, but also require enough effort that they won't bother. Sweeping them under the rug is a lot less work.

Sprite141 posted:

And building up AR via +1 AR resists at a time.

Dude, versatile infusions. I had enough ar for 49 fractals before I was past reward level 10. Like, the main gating component of fractals is Ascended armor/weapons/accessories. AR is effortless to get.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I'm really confused as to what the specific impediments to getting AR are. By the time you actually need it you should have enough AR to make it irrelevant. If you don't like fractals then you don't need it because you won't be doing fractals.

Are people just completely dismissing it because they think it's a grind?

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Dreggon posted:

Is this retroactive?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Jerkops posted:

Is this retroactive?

Nope.

Means you have an excuse to give Logan another call though :bigtran:

Aug 24, 2011

Jerkops posted:

Is this retroactive?

only if you swallow

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I fully intend to just trail along behind Tricks and Schpyder looking bewildered.

This is me, all the time, on everything with DW. :derp:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

I'm really confused as to what the specific impediments to getting AR are. By the time you actually need it you should have enough AR to make it irrelevant. If you don't like fractals then you don't need it because you won't be doing fractals.

Yes, though I consider the grind to be getting the necesary ascended gear aside from amulets and trinkets which are easy as poo poo. Also isn't it such that the ar infusion in your gear can't be used in the creation of a higher level infusion? Like a +5 takes 2 +4's, but you can't use the +4 in your gear? If you don't have much ascended stuff, getting higher ar might be a bit of a pain considering how you increase infusions.

But personally, having to do 3 completely seperate and random dungeon paths (which is how I kinda view fractals) in a row kinda just doesn't work with me. I mean if it's the same mission I sure as poo poo can stick to it, like in GW1. It's just some thing about fractals I guess.

Also I spend most of my game time leveling alts and gearing them up, then switching to other alts. I don't have the time to dedicate playing fractals over and over. Yet. By the time HoT releases I'll have only my future revenant and my ele left to work on. I also plan on jumping head first into raids despite my bitching about fracals. They sound more like GW1 elite dungeons, which I did enjoy. Except underworld, gently caress UW.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

ItBurns posted:

You need pink gear to put the AR in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They should pay this dude to use his art as the loading screen during halloween

http://correllis.tumblr.com/

• Locked thread