Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I believe in the KennyS.

(this might switch depending on the envyus/titan game)

Photex fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Photex posted:

I believe in the KennyS.

(this might switch depending on the envyus/titan game)

I hope u hate those skins m8

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

I do pretty ok as long as I rebind poo poo to my mouse. I'm never gonna be noscope mlg pro but that's ok.

And not hosed up, per se, just missing my forearm and hand on the left.

well it still might be worth considering one of these if you get sick of having everything on your mouse http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Gaming-Footboard-Foot-Controller/dp/B00EOPT5ZS

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Turk February posted:

2.3 @ 900DPI. Perfect for those sick AWP flicks.

I'm pretty sure sick flicks still happen at 1.7 @ 400. nerd.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So my smurf lost its MG2 rank because of inactivity so I thought I'd try and derank it last night further by going dualies only. Well, turns out I ended up 40 bombing one match with like 10mvps and top fragging the next match. MGs are really horrible.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

widespread posted:

Well fug. Guess it's SMGs between the eco rounds and final rounds.

While I do love the sawed off/mag7 for drop down I find that the auto shotty can be really good due to the rate of fire.

Also it might just be placebo but I feel the auto has a longer effective range.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

qhat posted:

So my smurf lost its MG2 rank because of inactivity so I thought I'd try and derank it last night further

gently caress you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Clinton1011 posted:

While I do love the sawed off/mag7 for drop down I find that the auto shotty can be really good due to the rate of fire.

Also it might just be placebo but I feel the auto has a longer effective range.

Sawed off is poop. Nova is actually the best shotgun hth

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Worst update this game ever had was nerfing the MAG-7. It was the most fun weapon by miles, and competitive enough that you felt justified in buying it. Now it feels like a bit of a gimmick.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

When I was completely new and terrible at this game I could one click people with the nova. now that I'm merely bad it seems to do some random amount of headshot damage from 80~110 and you get killed before you can refire. I don't remember seeing a patch note in the last year and a bit changing anything about the gun so I'm not sure what lesson to take here

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Antares posted:

When I was completely new and terrible at this game I could one click people with the nova. now that I'm merely bad it seems to do some random amount of headshot damage from 80~110 and you get killed before you can refire. I don't remember seeing a patch note in the last year and a bit changing anything about the gun so I'm not sure what lesson to take here

They nerfed the nova, I was able to one shot people from d2 pit down long a to cross before the nerf. I miss my sniper shotty.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

Worst update this game ever had was nerfing the MAG-7. It was the most fun weapon by miles, and competitive enough that you felt justified in buying it. Now it feels like a bit of a gimmick.

It seems straight up bad to me now. No range and very little damage. If you absolutely HAVE to buy a shotty (and it's never the right choice anyway imo), buy a nova. That sucker has good range and if you actually aim at the head it can one hit from further than any pistol sans deagle.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It seems straight up bad to me now. No range and very little damage. If you absolutely HAVE to buy a shotty (and it's never the right choice anyway imo), buy a nova. That sucker has good range and if you actually aim at the head it can one hit from further than any pistol sans deagle.

MAG-7 is better close range in terms of damage, and its armour penetration makes it more useful. Nova is better at slightly longer range because it has a better spread. Close range you're 50/50 to get a kill with a Nova body shot against armour, with a MAG-7 that kill is almost guaranteed.

If I'm buying a shotgun as CT, which is when I will probably buy a shotgun anyway, I'll buy the MAG. Nova is still decent though. More realistically I'll be buying Mac-10 or UMP though. Only a few select places a shotgun is a better buy honestly.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
MAG7 on b drop on cbble is a lot of fun. It just sucks when you have to rotate because the rest of the map is so big.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'd buy the nova more if it was less random, I think. Sometimes it'll do 50 damage point blank range, other times it'll somehow kill you from balcony while you're 100% health in the middle of A site inferno

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You think it's random? I think it's a laser gun if you aren't moving when you fire.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

It's accurate, the damage it does is random

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Antares posted:

It's accurate, the damage it does is random

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i thought I was in the gambling thread, but this is easily a 50-50 game so betting the underdog is really the only good decision (the right decision is not to bet at all but where is the fun in that?)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mag-7 and boost up to Cat and wait for some dummy to run up there and then you get a free AK.

This also works with the P250.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Mag-7 and boost up to Cat and wait for some dummy to run up there and then you get a free AK.

This also works with the P250.

And the 5-7, that gun is my solution to any money issues. I feel just as comfortable holding a spot with that gun as I would using an smg.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ahdinko posted:

Ok I'm genuinely curious about the logistics of this, when CS'ing you do anything with your left arm at all or is everything done with the right hand?

I figure if you've got a mouse with enough buttons on it, you could bind spacebar to "go forwards" and press that with your left, and then just run pretty much everything else on the mouse. All you really need is shoot (mouse 1), zoom (mouse 2), scroll wheel to cycle weapons/nades, crouch (mouse 4) and jump (mouse 5). You need strafe left and right too but either you need some more mouse buttons, or one of those scroll wheels that you can nudge left and right maybe?

My stump kind of tapers into vestigal fingers (imagine what your fingers looked like at 3 months in the womb and you got it) so I kind of roll them around WASD to move, tapping Q or R when I need too. I also type that way and have a pretty awesome KPM :smug:

Faffel posted:

Movement, crouch, jump, weapon switch. Ideally you want each nade bound to a button, but I just hit 4 and cycle through cuz I know how many presses I need at any given moment. Scrolling through all the weapons is real bad as a side note.

// buy binds
bind f1 "buy p250"
bind f2 "buy ssg80"
bind f3 "buy famas; buy galilar"
bind f4 "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
bind f5 "buy awp"
bind f6 "buy flashbang"
bind f7 "buy smokegrenade"
bind f8 "buy hegrenade"
bind f9 "buy molotov; buy incgrenade"
bind f10 "buy vest"
bind f11 "buy vesthelm"
bind f12 "buy defuser"

I recommend adding that to your autoexec for buying quickly at start of round.

after flashing instead of planting the bomb I think you might be right :v:. I need to find a good solution for switching outside of Q. Maybe those footpedals wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Famethrowa posted:

(imagine what your fingers looked like at 3 months in the womb and you got it)

Whose womb? Because I can barely work halfway up there before they start complaining.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Whose womb? Because I can barely work halfway up there before they start complaining.

yr moms hahaha

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm your long lost brother

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Famethrowa posted:

I'm your long lost brother

More like thrown away :smug:

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Anyone know any servers that play custom de maps? I want to play some de_westwood or something in cs go but can't find any good servers.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArithianFlame posted:

Hey guys, a quick question for you. I'm a new player trying to get a start on some of the more advanced technical things.

What key binding (or method) are pro AWP'ers using so switch so quickly from their knife and back, and why are they doing this? I assume it's something related to animation canceling, but hitting Q seems like it would inhibit movement.

The only other binding that really got my interest was for the grenades.

Thanks

i personally just mash q and strafe my way around. i'd be surprised if people actually have a bind for quick switching....

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I literally just hit my number keys and a few word binds when I miss.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

skins feeling pretty safe with envyus up 11-1 already

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I decided to jump when I saw the odds hit 60/40

Bots were offline :negative:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I like to buy sawed-off on office T side and merc kids who wander into paper like a lil spider in its web

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The sawed off is T only obv so I guess that was redundant

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I like to buy sawed-off on office T side and merc kids who wander into paper like a lil spider in its web

I used to play Office all the time and bought an Orange DDPAT stattrak just so I knew how many I was killing. By the time I stopped playing it I had like 1200 kills it's ridiculously good on that level. Plus for some reason that skin jumped up to like 6 bucks from the 50 cents I paid for it?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Nikko is loving insane

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So uh, I turned on the Titan/Mouseports game just in time to see NiKo get a Deagle ace clutch with four headshots.

:stare:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fnatic are just on a completely different level here.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I used to play Office all the time and bought an Orange DDPAT stattrak just so I knew how many I was killing. By the time I stopped playing it I had like 1200 kills it's ridiculously good on that level. Plus for some reason that skin jumped up to like 6 bucks from the 50 cents I paid for it?

Office rifle buyers are true chumps

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Fnatic are just on a completely different level here.
Yet somehow they lost 3-16 to NV earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

Yet somehow they lost 3-16 to NV earlier.

To be fair NV can be the best team on the planet one game and silver 2 the next.

• Locked thread