Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Let me translate that for you

"I'm voting for regressive bullshit because my one linchpin issue makes me do stupid things like support a political group that actively seeks to undermine the entire country to prove a point."

You're wrong. You're not evil, but you are very stupid.

Gun control was briefly removed as a plank of the democratic party, but now it's back and I don't care for it, so I'm not going to vote for it. Some senator made a bill that strengthens background checks and improves mental health reporting, but we shouldn't vote for it why? Does it not go far enough for you?

They blocked the CDC from doing gun control studies because last time it poo poo out a flimsy partisan study, people thought there may be a better use of money and time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

Gun control was briefly removed as a plank of the democratic party, but now it's back and I don't care for it, so I'm not going to vote for it. Some senator made a bill that strengthens background checks and improves mental health reporting, but we shouldn't vote for it why? Does it not go far enough for you?

CommieGIR posted:

Let me translate that for you

"I'm voting for regressive bullshit because my one linchpin issue makes me do stupid things like support a political group that actively seeks to undermine the entire country to prove a point."

But considering you voting for a regressive party solely out of a single, very stupid issue makes you a part of the problem.

You don't get to say 'Well, I want to be progressive, but this single issue makes it not worth while' and still claim to be progressive.

You are more of a problem then Gun Control. Congrats.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

various cheeses posted:

They blocked the CDC from doing gun control studies because last time it poo poo out a flimsy partisan study, people thought there may be a better use of money and time.

Be honest, "better use of money and time" is nothing more than a fig leaf because you're scared more tests may come up with data that contradicts your view point.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

So I should just throw up my hands and empty out my safe and say "oh well, such is the cost of progress!"? When a dog shits on the floor, you tell it no. I'm telling your dog no. Try thinking independently a bit, instead of blindly following the party line.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

various cheeses posted:

So I should just throw up my hands and empty out my safe and say "oh well, such is the cost of progress!"?

...yes?

Sometimes you have to take upon a burden for the greater good of society, such as with taxes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

So I should just throw up my hands and empty out my safe and say "oh well, such is the cost of progress!"? When a dog shits on the floor, you tell it no. I'm telling your dog no. Try thinking independently a bit, instead of blindly following the party line.

:ironicat:

Seriously, where is the gigantic growing ironicat when I need it?

various cheeses posted:

When a dog shits on the floor, you tell it no. I'm telling your dog no.

Sooooooo, your solution is to poo poo on all our floors because we want to regulate your treat intake?

No, bad dog, go in the kennel.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Agreed, but considering you voting for a regressive party solely out of a single, very stupid issue makes you a part of the problem.

I'd say being willing to lose votes needed for more important issues just to force through bad laws makes you part of the problem.

Your posts are just loving precious "No one is trying to take away your guns because there's too much opposition to it, so stop being paranoid and opposing us taking away your guns!" and "You're a monster because you're not willing to give up this issue that I'm not willing to give up in order to support the greater good" are my favorites.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

When a dog shits on the floor, you tell it no. I'm telling your dog no.

yeah but sometimes the dog forms a lobbyist group and insists that the masters of the household are going to confiscate all the poo poo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Your posts are just loving precious "No one is trying to take away your guns because there's too much opposition to it, so stop being paranoid and opposing us taking away your guns!" and "You're a monster because you're not willing to give up this issue that I'm not willing to give up in order to support the greater good" are my favorites.

Hmmmmm....where did I say "We want to take your guns"

Oh, that's right, you are just repeating the line about "Any gun control is the same thing as seizing all firearms"

Good one. From the mind that equated clocks and bombs.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

:ironicat:

Seriously, where is the gigantic growing ironicat when I need it?

You seem pretty drat worked up over the fact that I decided to break rank with the democrats. Shame on me for having an independent thought in my head.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jarmak posted:

I'd say being willing to lose votes needed for more important issues just to force through bad laws makes you part of the problem.

do you honestly think "it will be more difficult to acquire guns in the future" is the same as "we are going to deprive you of your personal property" because those are two different arguments that i don't think a lot of pro-gun people actually see as different arguments, like the fear is that obama's going to sneak into your room and cut off your penis with scissors or something

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

CommieGIR posted:

Sooooooo, your solution is to poo poo on all our floors because we want to regulate your treat intake?

No, bad dog, go in the kennel.

Ummm... the problem is there's clean floors and you're making GBS threads on the clean floor. Instead of teaching the dog to not poo poo on the floor your worried about what the dog is eating. Fuckin' brilliant.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

You seem pretty drat worked up over the fact that I decided to break rank with the democrats. Shame on me for having an independent thought in my head.

you know a lot of gun owners have a lot of independent items in their head, as per their second amendment rights

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

You. Are. Voting. For. Regressive. Policies. Due. To. A. Single. Issue.

You don't get to claim to have an independent thought when your only thought is: Gun Control Bad. Therefore, I'm voting GOP.

xwing posted:

Ummm... the problem is there's clean floors and you're making GBS threads on the clean floor. Instead of teaching the dog to not poo poo on the floor your worried about what the dog is eating. Fuckin' brilliant.

....Kennel training. Look it up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Unless I'm greatly mistaken, the last time the Democrats had a supermajority they did in fact pass legislation that helped with poverty and mental health, via the PPACA.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Oh, that's right, you are just repeating the line about "Any gun control is the same thing as seizing all firearms"

Good one. From the mind that equated clocks and bombs.

You may not, but you're also not the guy driving the laws. How purposely dense do you need to be to believe that the extremist gun control side will magically shut up when a certain number of laws are passed?

I think you're confusing me with the redneck gun owner stereotype in your head, you should probably stop that.

also lol what have I done, it's a dog analogy now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

various cheeses posted:

various cheeses posted:

A safe is a tough buy if you're poor. I think the poor should have equal opportunity in exercising their rights. Of course, if you can afford one you should certainly put your guns in there. I sure as hell do.
Background checks are fine, and should be strengthened tbh.
Regular training/education is great too. Why not stick it in schools alongside sex ed - another thing people are stupid as hell about.

...by voting for the party that's explicitly trying to restrict the poor and minorities from exercising their legal rights to things like voting and abortion, both of which are immeasurably more important than buy a dangerous toy.

Please stop pretending you give a poo poo about the poor. Just admit you are a selfish rear end in a top hat and don't give a poo poo about them, so you're voting R. Stop arguing in bad faith.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

You may not, but you're also not the guy driving the laws. How purposely dense do you need to be to believe that the extremist gun control side will magically shut up when a certain number of laws are passed?

i dont think anyone itt believes extremist gun owners will ever shut up, i mean you can't legislate away paranoia or conspiracy theories

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Good one.

I simply don't believe you're posting in good faith anymore, like half of the posters on any given gunchat page support that view, you yourself conceded that many major politicians do but can't because its "not politically viable". Why the gently caress do you think its not politically viable?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

About as dense as you thinking there will be a grand constitutional amendment removing the 2nd.

Thanks for loving us all because you are only concerned about a single issue.

Jarmak posted:

I simply don't believe you're posting in good faith anymore, like half of the posters on any given gunchat page support that view, you yourself conceded that many major politicians do but can't because its "not politically viable". Why the gently caress do you think its not politically viable?

Right. I'm the one posting in bad faith, not the guy who is repeatedly claiming he voted for an obstructionist party because of a single issue.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jarmak posted:

Amending the constitution is really hard, I think you've pointed that out yourself numerous times.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jarmak posted:

so you think that people actually do want to confiscate your personal property, despite nobody making such claims, because you don't trust them to tell the truth

how is this not paranoid?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

how is this not paranoid?

Well, you see everyone in gun chat is sure Obama will take our guns any day now.

Therefore, valid.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i dont think anyone itt believes extremist gun owners will ever shut up, i mean you can't legislate away paranoia or conspiracy theories

You add nothing to this thread, so get the gently caress out of it please. There's a GBS one waiting for you. The dog lobbyist group was pretty funny at least.

Lemming posted:

...by voting for the party that's explicitly trying to restrict the poor and minorities from exercising their legal rights to things like voting and abortion, both of which are immeasurably more important than buy a dangerous toy.

Please stop pretending you give a poo poo about the poor. Just admit you are a selfish rear end in a top hat and don't give a poo poo about them, so you're voting R. Stop arguing in bad faith.

I'll vote for democrats again when they pull their heads out of their asses on gun control. It's literally that simple. Make it happen folks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

I'll vote for democrats again when they pull their heads out of their asses on gun control. It's literally that simple. Make it happen folks.

Again, you are willing to drag the entire country to hell by voting for the Tea Party infested GOP.

Because of one issue.

No, mate, gently caress you.

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

CommieGIR posted:

....Kennel training. Look it up.

I'm aware of kennel training... dogs don't want to poo poo in their kennel (home) but If you don't teach them to go outside kennel training isn't enough, they'll poo poo all over the floors when you're not looking. I've had plenty of dogs and I didn't need to kennel train them. If you take them outside immediately and often they get the idea, THAT poo poo IS FOR OUTSIDE!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

xwing posted:

I'm aware of kennel training... dogs don't want to poo poo in their kennel (home) but If you don't teach them to go outside kennel training isn't enough, they'll poo poo all over the floors when you're not looking. I've had plenty of dogs and I didn't need to kennel train them. If you take them outside immediately and often they get the idea, THAT poo poo IS FOR OUTSIDE!

This is really breaking away from the thread, but kennel training is also used to reinforce punishment that 'You did something wrong, I've shown it to you, now you hang out in your kennel and try again'

Its called negative reinforcement. And it doesn't work on cats.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Again, you are willing to drag the entire country to hell by voting for the Tea Party infested GOP.

Because of one issue.

No, mate, gently caress you.

You sure are making me want to vote democrat now. Look how progressive you are.

Seriously, is this the response people should expect for refusing to be nudged forward on every progressive-backed issue? You're one hell of an ambassador for your cause.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

About as dense as you thinking there will be a grand constitutional amendment removing the 2nd.

Thanks for loving us all because you are only concerned about a single issue.

Right. I'm the one posting in bad faith, not the guy who is repeatedly claiming he voted for an obstructionist party because of a single issue.

I've never voted R, but I will if I feel like the Democrats need to be reminded to gently caress off with gun control, most likely at the state level though cause the national level GOP scares me too much and gun control is mostly a state issue anyway.

Again its really hypocritical to accuse people of selling out over a single issue when you're perfectly willing to abandon their votes because they don't agree with you on the same single issue.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

You add nothing to this thread, so get the gently caress out of it please. There's a GBS one waiting for you. The dog lobbyist group was pretty funny at least.

i'm on your side, brother. i oppose all forms of liberal gun control, because i believe that people have the right to defend themselves against themselves and, fortunately, the number one use of guns in this country is self defense against people who threaten themselves with guns

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

You sure are making me want to vote democrat now. Look how progressive you are.

Seriously, is this the response people should expect for refusing to be nudged forward on every progressive-backed issue? You're one hell of an ambassador for your cause.

are you trying to guilt trip someone over the internet ahaha what a passive aggressive little whiner. i can see why you feel like you need guns to assert yourself

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

I've never voted R, but I will if I feel like the Democrats need to be reminded to gently caress off with gun control, most likely at the state level though cause the national level GOP scares me too much and gun control is mostly a state issue anyway.

Its almost as if.....you don't know how the government works, since the State level GOP tends to reflect the National level.

Go ask Kansas and Wisconsin how their little experiments are going.

various cheeses posted:

"I'm gonna vote straight GOP ticket because gently caress YOU DAD."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

various cheeses posted:

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm saying that you earlier made the argument that you think "the poor should have an equal opportunity in exercising their rights." You clearly don't really believe that, though, because you're willing to vote for the party that has already and continues to violate their rights in a non-hypothetical way, because of your pet issue. I'm calling you out on that.

If you're going to argue for no gun control, at least be honest with us. "I care about having literally zero restrictions or impositions in any way on owning and using my shiny metal toy over the right of others to vote and the right of women to have control over their own bodies."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jarmak posted:

Again its really hypocritical to accuse people of selling out over a single issue when you're perfectly willing to abandon their votes because they don't agree with you on the same single issue.

people who vote based on a single issue don't agree with you though. that is the literal definition of a single issue voter

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Its almost as if.....you don't know how the government works, since the State level GOP tends to reflect the National level.

Go ask Kansas and Wisconsin how their little experiments are going.

"I'm gonna vote straight GOP ticket because gently caress YOU DAD."

Its almost as if you don't have any idea what the gently caress you're talking about, please tell me how state senators from Kansas are just like state senators from Massachusetts

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

The best part of all of this is I get to negate the vote of someone who is probably supremely well-informed, has the best interests of the public in mind, and supports righteous progressive policies like single-payer healthcare and education subsidies, simply because their party won't drop gun control as a platform.

If I can't have thirty round magazines, nobody gets to have nice things. Go gently caress yourselves. :)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Snowman Crossing posted:

The best part of all of this is I get to negate the vote of someone who is probably supremely well-informed, has the best interests of the public in mind, and supports righteous progressive policies like single-payer healthcare and education subsidies, simply because their party won't drop gun control as a platform.

If I can't have thirty round magazines, nobody gets to have nice things. Go gently caress yourselves. :)

You're one of the better gun posters here because this is the kind of vile poo poo that they normally try to hide or disguise or dog-whistle. People reading this thread and think "jesus christ, what is wrong with this guy?" and it makes them a little more progressive. Thanks.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Lemming posted:

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm saying that you earlier made the argument that you think "the poor should have an equal opportunity in exercising their rights." You clearly don't really believe that, though, because you're willing to vote for the party that has already and continues to violate their rights in a non-hypothetical way, because of your pet issue. I'm calling you out on that.

If you're going to argue for no gun control, at least be honest with us. "I care about having literally zero restrictions or impositions in any way on owning and using my shiny metal toy over the right of others to vote and the right of women to have control over their own bodies."

I think the anti-abortion crowd is just as lovely as the anti-gun crowd. The problem is that the democrats were there, they were so close to putting gun control to rest, but unfortunately they went full retard and are pushing it again. Also I never said there should be zero restrictions or impositions, there absolutely should be, just not to the level you want them. I get that it doesn't affect you in any way, but it affects me - so I'm not going to vote for it until they give up.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Snowman Crossing posted:

Lol come on man, don't stoop to their level. At least argue in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

various cheeses posted:

I think the anti-abortion crowd is just as lovely as the anti-gun crowd. The problem is that the democrats were there, they were so close to putting gun control to rest, but unfortunately they went full retard and are pushing it again. Also I never said there should be zero restrictions or impositions, there absolutely should be, just not to the level you want them. I get that it doesn't affect you in any way, but it affects me - so I'm not going to vote for it until they give up.

Dude, I mostly agree with you on some things gun-related (no gun control, some restrictions) but I still don't vote for the most retarded party. Because I am not retarded.

And I also realize that the Democrats can't loving do anything about guns anyways so who loving cares.

• Locked thread