Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

That's waaaaaaaaay less than a 4473 bud.

:ssh: I posted this earlier, but most Gun Stores don't actually turn those in unless they close or go out of business. Also, there is no digital records, and the records are often never sent to the registry.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/11/176954637/gun-registration-paper-trail-is-long-and-convoluted

The tracking for amphetamine purchase? They are digital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PCOS Bill posted:

No I don't think it does.

I've literally bought both in SC and it is the absolute truth.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Effectronica posted:

Please don't lie about/not read the contents of other people's posts. I said freedom of movement, there.

I'm not? Besides, what are you even arguing, that restraining orders are unconstitutional because they restrict freedom of movement? I don't get it

And people with restraining orders against them can't buy firearms anyway, they're supposed to turn them in as soon as the order becomes effective. If that's where you were going, somehow

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The Supreme Court disagrees and they are the only opinion that matters.

Just you wait until Scalia dies and is replaced by someone who has a grasp on constitutional law

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

:ssh: I posted this earlier, but most Gun Stores don't actually turn those in unless they close or go out of business. Also, there is no digital records

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/11/176954637/gun-registration-paper-trail-is-long-and-convoluted

The tracking for amphetamine purchase? They are digital.

In zero ways does this relate to what you responded to.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
"The Supreme Court is right because it is final, not because it is correct." -Oldest Joke in the Book.

Please don't use anything penned by Scalia as based in anything but his ever shrinking mind.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

why am i unsurprised that pcos bill has fantasies about stalking and murdering black teenagers

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Please don't besmirch the good name of St. Scalia

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sudo rm -rf posted:

why am i unsurprised that pcos bill has fantasies about stalking and murdering black teenagers

Uh, what?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Talmonis posted:

So your stance, and the stance of all conservatives and the majority of gun owners, is that the constant murder of estranged wives, girlfriends and children of abusive men with restraining orders via firearms is not worth doing anything about, so long as it doesn't effect the 2nd amendment. The same I assume goes for school massacres and RaHoWa crusades?

Hiding behind the "Rule of Law" and smugly intoning that we "should just get 3/4 of state legislatures to agree to eliminate the 2nd amendment" is a fig leaf. We're fully aware of the task being made impossible by conservatives, just as they've made most helpful or useful uses of government impossible. What I want is to see just how far you people are willing to go for your guns.

If you get a restraining order against someone, they are legally barred from possessing a firearm. That is already the law in all 50 states.

It hasn't been made impossible by conservatives. It was made difficult by the framers of the constitution, on purpose, to restrict the removal of constitutional rights

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

In zero ways does this relate to what you responded to.

Either you didn't read it at all, or you are being purposefully dense:

http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drug-topics/content/tags/comptrollers-office/pharmacy-tracking-has-not-slowed-tennessee-meth-product

Drug purchase in multiple Southern States is tracked by computer, with your ID and Address.

Gun Registry and purchase forms are paper only and not required to be sent in, even the passed background checks are not logged by law. Most are never even forwarded, and often destroyed upon closure of the store.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 13, 2015

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Just you wait until Scalia dies and is replaced by someone who has a grasp on constitutional law
Was Scalia on the court in 1939?

He's lookin' pretty good for being an immortal lich king.

sudo rm -rf posted:

I guess you only stalk pure Aryan teenagers.

You racist.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

walgreenslatino posted:

I'm not? Besides, what are you even arguing, that restraining orders are unconstitutional because they restrict freedom of movement? I don't get it

And people with restraining orders against them can't buy firearms anyway, they're supposed to turn them in as soon as the order becomes effective. If that's where you were going, somehow

I'm arguing that your analogy is bad because restraining orders restrict a fundamental right in a gigantic way, yet are still constitutional and acceptable.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dead Reckoning posted:

See, this "we won't actually confiscate anything, just make it impossible to sell or replace the things you already own, totally different" is exactly the argument California trotted out when the state banned new 10+ capacity magazines in 2000, but this year Los Angeles followed San Francisco's lead and banned previously grandfathered magazines, so gun owners have no reason to believe that "no one is coming for your guns (yet)" is a promise made in good faith or will be adhered to in the future.

so you honestly see a legal restriction on selling your gun to a teenager or felon with a violent criminal history as "basically impossible to sell a gun"

who exactly do you think buys guns? i thought it was honest, law abiding citizens? why then do you think the government should not ensure this is the case? i'm confused by what you want, and i think this is because you are also confused

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so you honestly see a legal restriction on selling your gun to a teenager or felon with a violent criminal history as "basically impossible to sell a gun"

who exactly do you think buys guns? i thought it was honest, law abiding citizens? why then do you think the government should not ensure this is the case? i'm confused by what you want, and i think this is because you are also confused

Did you even read what you responded to?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Reading is an affectation of the bourgeoisie.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Mavric posted:

Keep going, you alone are making me reconsider my support of limited gun ownership.

It doesn't really matter because our lobbyists/politicians are pretty much done making concessions anyway. Go hog wild.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Like when George Zimmerman, a Hispanic, defended himself against a black attacker and suddenly he was an evil racist despite years of proof that he wasn't a racist.

https://twitter.com/TherealGeorgeZ/status/639437773980758016

Not racist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

So your stance, and the stance of all conservatives and the majority of gun owners, is that the constant murder of estranged wives, girlfriends and children of abusive men with restraining orders via firearms is not worth doing anything about, so long as it doesn't effect the 2nd amendment. The same I assume goes for school massacres and RaHoWa crusades?
if they don't care about teenagers, children, minorities, or even their own ranks culling the herd with firearms it is entirely consistent that they don't care about women either

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PCOS Bill posted:

yes, i see a paranoid person who is entirely worried about what one local jurisdiction is doing and extrapolating that into a zionist plot to disarm patriots across the nation. i mean i also disagree with the disarming patriots part, i think that gun owners should have as many guns as they like and use them as often as possible since they most often use them on themselves, but that still doesn't preclude me from calling out paranoid delusions when i see them

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Someone should really shoot that guy.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Effectronica posted:

I'm arguing that your analogy is bad because restraining orders restrict a fundamental right in a gigantic way, yet are still constitutional and acceptable.

I disagree because I don't think staying 100 feet from another person is an undue restriction, while i do think that taking all your firearms away "because a cop or a stranger said so and got a GVRO" is an undue restriction

Alright last thing I'm gonna say is firearms are pretty fun and if anybody on either side of the debate lives in SE Pennsylvania and would like to see what all the fuss is about, shoot me a PM and maybe you can come shoot at a local event sometime. Maybe I'll run a background check because its not an onerous requirement imo, har har har
Ok peace be with you all

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Tracking someone for the sake of preventing Drug Crime = A'okay
Tracking someone for the sake of preventing Gun Crime = TYRANNY

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Someone should really shoot that guy.

He did get in a gun fight, or maybe a gun standoff recently, I don't remember exactly. Either way, almost!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

PCOS Bill posted:

Like when George Zimmerman, a Hispanic, defended himself against a black attacker and suddenly he was an evil racist despite years of proof that he wasn't a racist.

You mean the attack that could have been avoided? The same Zimmerman that had history of aggression before the event and aggression after the event? The same one that was shown to be pretty racist? Yeah, no.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

walgreenslatino posted:

I disagree because I don't think staying 100 feet from another person is an undue restriction, while i do think that taking all your firearms away "because a cop or a stranger said so and got a GVRO" is an undue restriction

Alright last thing I'm gonna say is firearms are pretty fun and if anybody on either side of the debate lives in SE Pennsylvania and would like to see what all the fuss is about, shoot me a PM and maybe you can come shoot at a local event sometime. Maybe I'll run a background check because its not an onerous requirement imo, har har har
Ok peace be with you all

On the one hand, women could be shot by their abusive spouse.

On the other hand I might be mildly inconvenienced without my toys for a few weeks.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Tracking someone for the sake of preventing Drug Crime = A'okay
Tracking someone for the sake of preventing Gun Crime = TYRANNY

Tbh if someone made a threat of a mass shooting or made a threat to kill someone on social media or whatever, I'd be fine with the government tracking them for a while.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

Tbh if someone made a threat of a mass shooting or made a threat to kill someone on social media or whatever, I'd be fine with the government tracking them for a while.

what about people who threaten to shoot individuals, like oh pretty much every gun person on the internet does when pressed as to why they need a gun

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

what about people who threaten to shoot individuals, like oh pretty much every gun person on the internet does when pressed as to why they need a gun

It's actually okay and good to shoot individuals that try to rob and/or kill you. Don't try to rob anyone or kill anyone, and everything is fine.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

various cheeses posted:

It's actually okay and good to shoot individuals that try to rob and/or kill you. Don't try to rob anyone or kill anyone, and everything is fine.

actually you're more likely to die and possibly hurt/kill someone who isn't the person you're aiming at

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

It's actually okay and good to shoot individuals that try to rob and/or kill you.

if it's ok to shoot individuals who try to kill you why are you getting so butt hurt about 25,000 responsible, law-abiding american gun owners who kill someone who threatens them with bodily harm every year? you sound like a big fat hypocrite

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

actually you're more likely to die and possibly hurt/kill someone who isn't the person you're aiming at

statistically, most gun owners actually do kill the person they are aiming at when they use their firearms to end an imminent threat. check your facts

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Where is this meme even from?

Also ha ha more suicide jokes from our resident clown PTD. Yeah we get it, you want all gun owners to kill themselves, give it a rest.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It's funny to think of how far "self-defense" firearms have come

Like 100 years ago you would have just thrown a .32 in your pocket and said "that'll serve to put paid to the 'wrong element' if need be"

Now that'd be seen as almost negligent, you don't have at least 30 rounds of 9mm or greater on your person? What if society collapses while you're at whole foods?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

various cheeses posted:

Also ha ha more suicide jokes from our resident clown PTD. Yeah we get it, you want all gun owners to kill themselves, give it a rest.

i don't know why you think i want anything. you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with thousands of law abiding and licensed defenders of the second amendment. that's disrespectful, and wrong

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

Kinda like threatening the Beurau of Land Management and FBI for trying to take your cattle off public land for failing to pay your fees?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

various cheeses posted:

the many simulations that show your best chance of survival is running away

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

various cheeses posted:

No it's not, gently caress your property, it's not worth a human life. That's why no one has been sentenced to death for theft.

Had you said "that try to kill you" then ok. But seriously, if you believe that your stuff should be defended with lethal force, your sociopathy makes you unfit to own a gun.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Kinda like threatening the Beurau of Land Management and FBI for trying to take your cattle off public land for failing to pay your fees?

No, not similar to that at all actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the many simulations that show your best chance of survival is running away

are you saying that gun owners would be more likely to live if they just dropped their weapons? in the face of a threat? what are you, some kind of communist

• Locked thread