Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i'd get the borderlands collection except he tends not to like shooters. i feel like he'd like borderlands though since it's colorful and gay as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Notorious QIG posted:

i'd get the borderlands collection except he tends not to like shooters. i feel like he'd like borderlands though since it's colorful and gay as poo poo

my ex gf hated shooters but loved borderlands, I think you have lots of homing options and skills so deadly accuracy isn't as important, plus she loved collecting loot and EVE Onlining and micromanaging her weapon stash

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PipeRifle posted:

my ex gf hated shooters but loved borderlands, I think you have lots of homing options and skills so deadly accuracy isn't as important, plus she loved collecting loot and EVE Onlining and micromanaging her weapon stash

yup. he was watching me play destiny and thought it looked cool because of the powers and the fact that it's not all gunmetal grey and blood colored. i'll send him a vid of borderlands and see if he's interested

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
borderlands 2 is significantly better than borderlands 1 if ur gonna play one. also some of the dlc is really good and other dlcs are really bad.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

borderlands 2 is significantly better than borderlands 1 if ur gonna play one. also some of the dlc is really good and other dlcs are really bad.

i know, ive played the whole series. id get the handsome collection for ps4 if i go this route

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
playing it on a console is still pretty shameful tho

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

playing it on a console is still pretty shameful tho

i know but the pc version doesn't have split-screen co-op

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
quiggy

pikmin 3 has co-op

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

quiggy

pikmin 3 has co-op

hmm this is true

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i should probably play through one of the divinities i already own, but now i know that if i wanna buy two copies i can play with my friend across the country
thanks yospos

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
divinity 2: director's cut is janky but weirdly good

original sin is nice for co-op, probably better to wait for the new version at this point

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-ENGINE-SCD-CASTLEVANIA-DRACULA-X-BRAND-NEW-KONAMI-JAPAN-SUPER-CD-ROM2-RARE-/291501897272?hash=item43deddf638

I'll be honest, im glad im not a powerball winner or id be kinda tempted to buy this

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Just print up the box art on a high-res printer, put it into a spare jewel case and have it shrink-wrapped at the flower kiosk in the grocery store. Since you're never going to open it and play it, you get literally all the visceral pleasure of owning an unopened CD-ROM and it would cost you like $8

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally got an ending in out there omega edition :woop:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

PipeRifle posted:

Just print up the box art on a high-res printer, put it into a spare jewel case and have it shrink-wrapped at the flower kiosk in the grocery store. Since you're never going to open it and play it, you get literally all the visceral pleasure of owning an unopened CD-ROM and it would cost you like $8

yeah but will it have a spine card? :colbert:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

i know, ive played the whole series. id get the handsome collection for ps4 if i go this route

it's so good.

i'm doing a second play-through of the pre-sequel now as athene and lol at janey

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also athena is basically captain america with butt-slams, it's great

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Notorious QIG posted:

oh as a follow-up question, are there any good couch co-op games on wii u or ps4? a friend of mine just beat my copy of dark souls 2 last night and suggested we find something to play together. i guess diablo maybe?

quiggy we need more info on the friend.

if the friend is an old buddy who sticks with you through thick and thin: Diablo 3

if you are looking to bone down with said friend: super mario 3D world

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

super smash brothers.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
until dawn

each pick your characters and pass the controller when the game switches povs, encourage backseat driving

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dragon enthusiast posted:

until dawn

each pick your characters and pass the controller when the game switches povs, encourage backseat driving

that could actually be p fun
until dawn was a nice b horror adventure

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nitrocat posted:

is divinity: original sin a good game to play by yourself or with someone else?
both really

when i played by myself i had 2 main characters that constantly argued with eachother

also engaging conversation with a boss with one character while the other moved barrels around/laid traps

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just finished witcher 3

thankfully the first expansion was released today :v:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

that could actually be p fun
until dawn was a nice b horror adventure

that's how I "played" it and it was real fun especially when people would intentionally encourage bad decisions as they developed beefs against certain characters

might need some tweaks if there's just two players though

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"the legend of zelda twilight princess hd" has shown up on nintendo servers

hmmmm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rexicon1 posted:

quiggy we need more info on the friend.

if the friend is an old buddy who sticks with you through thick and thin: Diablo 3

if you are looking to bone down with said friend: super mario 3D world

hmm, yea cept replace every game here with DOTA!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

"the legend of zelda twilight princess hd" has shown up on nintendo servers

hmmmm
this will be the system seller for Wii U

good move, Nintendo

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
two systems in a row where old games are the best reasons to buy them

nintendo nostalgia is some heavy poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://twitter.com/SFtheWolf/status/654006172802899968

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwuSw_DluhI&t=16s

:eyepop: ouch

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ausser gerefect.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Panty Saluter posted:

two systems in a row where old games are the best reasons to buy them

nintendo nostalgia is some heavy poo poo

3 if you count the zelda bonus disc on the gamecube

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

computer parts posted:

3 if you count the zelda bonus disc on the gamecube

nah the cube stood on its own imo. wind waker, metroid prime, re4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Panty Saluter posted:

nah the cube stood on its own imo.

yeah, on the store shelf :twisted:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah, on the store shelf :twisted:

rude

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

PipeRifle posted:

i do this but burn the game to a cd-r and actually play it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

papa_november posted:

i do this but burn the game to a cd-r and actually play it

i sincerely not buying the game in 1993 brand new for 85 dollars

even used copies are getting like 200 these days

its a good game but imo super castlevania 4 is better. just play it on virtual console

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
and by it i mean both scv4 and dracula x. also rebirth, it uses ca. 1990 konami arcade synth music :hellyeah:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wii u is really good but I want more harvest moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_4XPNKfOE

• Locked thread