Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The easiest grief in Blood Bowl was to just play a Norse or Dwarf team well though.

What do you mean? Well in Blood Bowl when you go for a tackle your die can roll either defender down, defender stumbles, defender pushed, attacker down or a both down. The trick here being that most Norse and nearly every Dwarf player come with a skill called block right out of the gate. What block does is that any time a both down is taken, the guy with block gets to go "Nah" and only the other guy goes down.

As you would safely assume, this made pubbies very mad, very often, seeing as how every both down, which would normally end your turn early and be a huge pain in the rear end, had basically become a free opponent down in your favor. (Providing they weren't block-heavy too anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That mostly works at low level teams. Basically the first skill that most players get is Block, simply because it makes attacking much, much safer.

Dwarves remain a great way to annoy people, though, just because they're really difficult to injure (and thus, annoying for bash teams taht rely on injuring opponents) and most of them start with the anti-dodging skill called Tackle (and thus, are really annoying for teams that rely on dodging).

In #tgbloodbowl, the goon IRC channel for the game, one of the bots has a command that's very applicable to this situation:

<Coolguy> !hitler
<RadBloodBot> The following items = Hitler. That is all.
<RadBloodBot> Ewie: "Dorfs are doublehitlers. Each."

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 14, 2015

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
No other team I've fielded in Blood Bowl quite infuriated my opponents quite like my Amazon team. Like the Norse team they have low armour and average stats so their best performances are against low level teams, but all their players have Dodge which means that one of the types of knockdown only pushes them back, and they get a free reroll when they move through an enemy tackle zone. Their blitzers have block and dodge which means you have only one result you can roll to ever put them down.

I had an orc team reduce me to three players on the field and I still managed a 0-0 draw because my Blitzers would not go down, stand where they could easily be tackled or release the ball. More than once I was treated to line upon line of people demanding to know how the hell this kept happening, general angered disbelief that their big dudes were swatting at air a lot and people wanting to know why I was doing this to them or if they had wronged me somehow enought that I would seek this sort of payback. Something about the scantily clad bikini ladies refusing to get murdered just brought out the worst in people and I was asked nicely in the league I fielded them never to play as Amazons again. One guy carried his grudge out of the league and refused to talk to me outside of it except to organise future games.

Needless to say I got last turn fouled a lot.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My last Blood Bowl league I Turn 16 fouled an opponent's best player with a Rotter and killed him.

No ragrats. :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

My last Blood Bowl league I Turn 16 fouled an opponent's best player with a Rotter and killed him.

No ragrats. :colbert:

Dumpy zombie kills are ridiculously satisfying.

Quoting myself from like two months ago since we got Blood Bowl talk in full swing here finally.

"I fouled a high value Skaven team's rat ogre with a lone Undead babby-level zombie, ogre died, Johnny Rotten the zombie proved himself that day. Skaven guy had already used his doc on a star gutter runner a wight killed, which came out dead again anyway."

Good times in warhams fantasy football :madmax:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Good times in warhams fantasy football :madmax:

Haha, this comparison got me a good friend once. I was hanging out in a dumpy dive bar on my personal laptop a few hours after work one time, just quietly drinking some local brews to forget about the 13 hour shift I had just pulled. A pretty cute woman sidled up next to me and started doing much the same thing, and about halfway through my beer I struck up conversation with her and found a common bond in working too goddamn much (she was basically there for the same reason - too many hours in a goddamn cubicle farm).

She commented after about 20 minutes of chatting to me how she was enjoying the conversation, and derisively said how most dudes are talking about their fantasy football teams by now. I laughed and said 'the only fantasy football I play is Blood Bowl.'

She asked what the gently caress, and after failing to explain it to her for 5 minutes, I booted up the Cyanide game on my laptop and showed her. It took her about 10 minutes of watching tree men throw halflings at dark elves to decide she had to play this game. I helped her roll an Orc team and she spent the next hour delightedly smashing a Wood Elf team into the pitch. She didn't even remotely care that she lost the game 3-1 to a fairly stupid AI. She'd caused 5 casualties on the opposing team, she couldn't be happier. I commented to her that this was 'proper orky' and she laughed and said she needed to get out of there before she got even nerdier.

I still talk to her occasionally, she's good people. Freaking weirdest conversation I've ever had in a bar, though.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You trolled her by getting her interested in a product associated with Games Workshop, but real-life griefing is just called bullying and doesn't belong in this thread.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Buschmaki posted:

You trolled her by getting her interested in a product associated with Games Workshop, but real-life griefing is just called bullying and doesn't belong in this thread.

Next up: twelfth step fouling.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Actually, it appears to me that he was griefed by nature because he was oblivious to the fact that he was a oval office hair away from hooking up with a cute, overworked chick at dive bar and instead ensured his removal from that particular gene pool by showing her how to play loving Blood Bowl until she left because it was too goony.

No offense coolguye but I hope you hung your head in shame when you went home alone that night.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Truthfully they probably gave them the most merciful option possible in GW's book, at least you can buy Chaos Edition and you got a full product with nearly all the teams you could want. Now if they'd brought out a tabletop alternative...

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

QuarkJets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD6kV7xC0JY

"Hello yes we would like to confirm your order of 25 pizzas, the name on the order is 'you are getting trolled'"

"THAT'S NOT EVEN MY NAME"

these are funny but it's super loving weird and creepy that these guys get the players' real names and addresses. I don't know how they're getting them so it could just be something like looking at their profile but it's still weird as hell.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cowman posted:

these are funny but it's super loving weird and creepy that these guys get the players' real names and addresses. I don't know how they're getting them so it could just be something like looking at their profile but it's still weird as hell.

There's a google doc for submitting targets in the description.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's still pretty weird.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Captain McStabbin posted:

I just submitted a sweet prank on my lil bro Obama, he's gonna be so rattled!!!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Dillbag posted:

Actually, it appears to me that he was griefed by nature because he was oblivious to the fact that he was a oval office hair away from hooking up with a cute, overworked chick at dive bar and instead ensured his removal from that particular gene pool by showing her how to play loving Blood Bowl until she left because it was too goony.

No offense coolguye but I hope you hung your head in shame when you went home alone that night.

Probably for the best. She was likely going to last turn foul him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Usually you have to pay extra for that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dillbag posted:

She had/has a one pack a day habit and went through 3 cigarettes in the time we had our initial conversation. I don't have many hang ups, but chain smoking is one of them. I was/am also well looked after as far as 'hooking up'. I won't deny I was thinking about it when I started chatting her up, but after the third cig came out I was done there.

Don't get me wrong, she's a good sort and all, but I went home alone by choice, thanks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
isnt it just nice sometimes to talk to people? does everything have to end in a hookup?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

isnt it just nice sometimes to talk to people? does everything have to end in a hookup?
Yes. It's Meet 'n' gently caress, not just Meet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. It's Meet 'n' gently caress, not just Meet.

damnit. i guess i should have been loving every last thing with legs for the last two decades. i cant do anything right

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

damnit. i guess i should have been loving every last thing with legs for the last two decades. i cant do anything right
This guy did NOT select the options that make the busty babes do the sex eyebrows.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This guy did NOT select the options that make the busty babes do the sex eyebrows.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Double leg amputees not good enough for you, rear end in a top hat? :colbert:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUEseJ_YWO0

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

wait busty babes?! ive been talking to shrubs and plants

can someone help me with this social and life thing please?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nintendo Power top tip: Talk to everyone

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

VideoGames posted:

Why do you hate amputees, man? I went to an amputee convention a few years back and got hella laid -- the place was crawling with pussy!

:downsrim:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Captain McStabbin posted:

that makes it less creepy but still weird

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why do you hate amputees, man? I went to an amputee convention a few years back and got hella laid -- the place was crawling with pussy!

:thurman:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

One guy carried his grudge out of the league and refused to talk to me outside of it except to organise future games.

loving nerds I tell you what.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

rydiafan posted:

Double leg amputees not good enough for you, rear end in a top hat? :colbert:

Double amputees are the best. You can put 'em on top and spin them like a dreidel.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Wild T posted:

Double amputees are the best. You can put 'em on top and spin them like a dreidel.

what if it's their arms?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
There's another way to grief in Blood Bowl as well which uses an exploit in the league design to farm teams.

Basically, what you can do is simulate a ton of games really quickly in order to level players. What would take a normal player 30 games (at about an hour a piece) you can do in about 5 minutes by running a league over and over again and simulating all the games.

Now, this wouldn't mean much other than being able to skip a lot of hard work, except that the system can be exploited, because teams are matched based on their Team Value (TV). In other words, a 1250 team value team will be matched with other teams of about 1200-1300tv. Usually, a team at about 1300 tv has most positional players with a level or 2 and maybe a couple of other random levels. Each level on a team adds between 20-50 to the team value. So a 1300 team would have about 10-15 levels on the team normally. What TV doesn't account for is that you could have 15 levels split between 3 players (so each player at level 6) and still have a 1300 TV.

What this means is that you can afford to min/max your team with a few superstars combined with rookies, and fire all the players you don't want because you didn't have to spend any time actually leveling them. This is used to great effect with 'bashy' teams (teams that are better at injuring the other team than they are a scoring) and will let you create a team where you have 2-6 specialized murder beasts, and the rest of the team of unskilled rookies, and you'll be facing generally harmless teams with 1-2 levels per player and will be able to dismantle them piece by piece. While it's fun to kill teams at 1300tv, when you start getting to about 1600tv, that's when the other player has actually put a fairly significant amount of time into playing that team, and you can really reap the benefits from destroying his special snowflakes permanently.

Just to show you what this looks like, here are a few pictures from one goon that likes to play murder bowl:

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 15, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy poo poo in that second one did you kill four of his players

That's beautiful

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Magres posted:

Holy poo poo in that second one did you kill four of his players

That's beautiful

I wish it was me, but yes, 4 players dead in that one. Pitch clearing happens fairly often when rolling murder

e: The comments from that one are the best.

quote:

YOU,RE BIF MOTHERFUCKER, NO BRO!!

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 15, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you maim, kill, or otherwise disable the entire opposing team do you just automatically win?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Magres posted:

If you maim, kill, or otherwise disable the entire opposing team do you just automatically win?

Spiritually yes. But technically, you'd still have to score enough TDs to win. It's much easier to do that though when the opponent has no players.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

That dead, mohawked Wardancer in the top picture (whose card is in the lower right) is a max SPP double +AG player. That is a player who has probably been in at least 50 hour+ long Blood Bowl matches without getting killed or crippled, which is enough of a feat. However, to roll +AG, +AG through the course of reaching legend is something like one in a thousand (as in a thousand Wardancers could reach legend and never get the levelup rolls to become AG6). This dude has spent literally dozens of hours getting this rare player to this position, only to be loving murdered by some bozo who blinked into existence a half an hour ago and got turboleveled to become a perfect killing machine.

Blood Bowl murder is the best murder because you can feel the sheer time and emotional investment put into every team as you crush their heads in

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

PotatoManJack posted:

Spiritually yes. But technically, you'd still have to score enough TDs to win. It's much easier to do that though when the opponent has no players.

There's a rule for that!

If, at the beginning of a drive (i.e. when setting up to kick or receive), a team cannot field any players, the opponent is given a free touchdown and the clock advances two turns. Then KOs get the opportunity to wake up and you try again - if one team STILL cannot field enough players, you repeat, scoring another TD to the opponents and advancing the clock and rolling for KOs and repeating as necessary until the game is over or both teams have sufficient players to field.

It's possible for this rule to come into play while the team who can't field any players still wins by having scored enough TDs that the opposing team can't tie or win in the time remaining. It's theoretically possible for neither team to be able to field any players, but it's so astronomically unlikely that there actually isn't a rule for it.

• Locked thread