Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
On the other hand, suicide/assisted suicide should at least be legal for adults age 25 or older since that is when life starts to become really lovely for some as your body starts to break down, you realize your life situation is hosed or irreparable, the boat has sailed on life milestones, etc.

Mandatory gun ownership would give people the freedom to liberate themselves from their oppressive mortal coil, especially considering social mobility is a non-starter in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Effectronica posted:

They repeatedly provide rhetoric around violent resistance to any efforts at gun confiscation, rhetoric around gun control automatically meaning confiscation, and encourage callousness towards mass shootings. As a consequence, anyone who takes them seriously is much more likely to commit an act of terrorism in response to gun control legislation, or against gun control advocates, or cities that have tighter gun laws. This is the same process by which abortion clinic bombers and shooters are created. While you could argue that they've never officially endorsed terrorism as much as Awlaki did, their beliefs are mainstream and reach a much wider audience, so they can and will produce more terrorists than he ever could have.

If it is so repeated, could you please cite specific times they have done this? I have heard people say this before but they are always vague and I haven't seen any nra material advocating violent resistance. If you can produce some i will be glad to admit to being wrong here.

e: also I'd like to add that of "violent resistance to any efforts at gun confiscation, rhetoric around gun control automatically meaning confiscation, and encourage callousness towards mass shootings" only the first could be considered domestic terrorism, so be sure to provide an example of that one. Thanks in advance.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 14, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I find it hilarious that people think 'reducing suicide' is something that's vital and important. Most suicides are done by people who are pretty worthless anyway. Less mouths to feed.

Tezzor posted:

The proletariat don't use their guns to smash capitalism, they use them to kill other proletarians. I'm so sorry.

Hi, Tezzor. Welcome to a new gun thread.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

TheRamblingSoul posted:

On the other hand, suicide/assisted suicide should at least be legal for adults age 25 or older since that is when life starts to become really lovely for some as your body starts to break down, you realize your life situation is hosed or irreparable, the boat has sailed on life milestones, etc.

Mandatory gun ownership would give people the freedom to liberate themselves from their oppressive mortal coil, especially considering social mobility is a non-starter in America.

mods are going to gas.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

gohmak posted:

mods are going to gas.

Maybe y'all should take a lesson from Dr. Ben Carson. You know what to do.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I sold that rifle to some dude without a background check.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Rahu posted:

If it is so repeated, could you please cite specific times they have done this? I have heard people say this before but they are always vague and I haven't seen any nra material advocating violent resistance. If you can produce some i will be glad to admit to being wrong here.

e: also I'd like to add that of "violent resistance to any efforts at gun confiscation, rhetoric around gun control automatically meaning confiscation, and encourage callousness towards mass shootings" only the first could be considered domestic terrorism, so be sure to provide an example of that one. Thanks in advance.

If you want to stick your fingers in your eyes and ignore the people quoting molon labe BS, the people insisting that all attempts at gun control are just concealed efforts at confiscating all guns, the constant declarations we shouldn't let emotion play into our response to mass shootings, can you gouge them out while you're at it? Because while you're heading due Pedantry, I'm getting off. Too bad I can't cut the brakes, metaphorically speaking.

Effectronica fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 14, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
"Slippery slope to total confiscation!"

Everything is

Everything

You may not personally believe this but it is the prevailing level of rhetoric used in gun control debates at a national level.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

various cheeses posted:

I wasn't aware that voting incorrectly was grounds for being sent to the guillotine but here we are.

Voting incorrectly is like the definition of getting sent to the guillotine

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Effectronica posted:

Well, thanks for playing dumb, it's been fun, be seeing you when we burn your house down and shoot you like a dog as you make a run for it. :D

Hey, as usual guess who's creepy as gently caress in the thread!

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Effectronica posted:

If you want to stick your fingers in your eyes and ignore the people quoting molon labe BS, the people insisting that all attempts at gun control are just concealed efforts at confiscating all guns, the constant declarations we shouldn't let emotion play into our response to mass shootings, can you gouge them out while you're at it? Because while you're heading due Pedantry, I'm getting off. Too bad I can't cut the brakes, metaphorically speaking.

You said the nra advocated domestic terrorism though, that is a pretty serious accusation I think. I asked you to substantiate it and you seem unable to.

Feel free to post any evidence at all that the nra advocates domestic terrorism. Though you also said 'repeatedly' so I think it would be fair to ask you to post at least two such occurrences. Alternatively you could admit to fabricating facts about an organization you don't like.

Truly I, the one asking for evidence rather than just taking your word, am the one putting my fingers in my ears.

edit: Also i would like to point out that "the people insisting that all attempts at gun control are just concealed efforts at confiscating all guns, the constant declarations we shouldn't let emotion play into our response to mass shootings" are not domestic terrorism. You seem to have missed that bit in this reply so i wanted to make sure you got it this time.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 14, 2015

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Effectronica posted:

...be seeing you when we burn your house down and shoot you like a dog as you make a run for it. :D

Swing by, anytime :q:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

unwantedplatypus posted:

Show of hands here, come on various cheeses, walgreenslatino, lejackal. Should Snowman "Shooting people is the ultimate satisfaction " Crossing be able to own a gun? He's the type of person you're defending with a mentality of complete obstruction of any gun control laws.

For these people, gun ownership represents personal power and ceding that power to an entity they view as a competing, perhaps even illegitimate power (the federal government) represents The Ultimate Weakness. Some people like walking around with the power of life and death on their hip.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't want to see overly strict gun control. Just enough restrictions in place to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics and to make those who do want to own them serious enough about properly using and handling them.

I know it's been a few pages, but this is something I wanted to touch upon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

Planned Parenthood murders million of fetuses a year and we give them money at the federal level so I doubt it.

:stare: Holy poo poo, shut up. That is more the fault of religious groups that push abstinence only sex ed than planned parenthood that spends far MORE of its money promoting safe sex and birth control.

Nice job making yourself out to be a conservative moron.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Swing by, anytime :q:

Really. You make holsters but couldn't even be bothered to build an actual mount for your light.

Butch Cassidy posted:

I sold that rifle to some dude without a background check.

TactiLOL spotted.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

And this is coming from someone who doesn't want to see overly strict gun control. Just enough restrictions in place to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics and to make those who do want to own them serious enough about properly using and handling them.

And I am a person who wants the only federal, state, or local gun law to be a prohibition against carry in jails. But, as a person willing to compromise, I could possibly be convinced to accept the secure portion of a courthouse as a gun-free zone provided safe storage is made available to all visitors to check their personal effects.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

TactiLOL spotted.

How so?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Different handguard, RCE Gear Tactical Strap, Different Pistol Grip, Red dot scope, Adjustable stock.

Oh, and its an AR-15. You're TactiLOL boy.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 14, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Different handguard, RCE Gear Tactical Strap, Different Pistol Grip, Red dot scope Adjustable stock.

Oh, and its an AR-15. You're TactiLOL boy.

Don't act like you know how this works

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Different handguard? It is the only handguard that has ever been on that upper.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Butch Cassidy posted:

Different handguard? It is the only handguard that has ever been on that upper.

Its not the stock receiver, isn't it?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

That was the first upper ever placed on the lower. So, yes, it is the stock upper.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Its not the stock receiver, isn't it?

Again,

SedanChair posted:

Don't act like you know how this works

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

:ssh: Actually, I do, thanks.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

various cheeses posted:

I think it's interesting you mention how you don't trust people's judgement in general. Think about your friends. Would you trust them to know when to use force to defend themselves against an attack? Someone mouthing of to you or disrespecting your girlfriend isn't crossing the line of where you would need to use physical violence. You know that. I know that. Pretty much anyone you ask on the street knows that. Have some faith in your fellow man. As rude and lovely as some of the people in this thread are, I still assume they are still rational actors that won't murder me over a political disagreement.

No. My fellow man is a loving idiot. I've met enough people in my life to know that a huge amount are one traffic incident away from losing their poo poo. Add in drunken pissing matches in bars, sports arenas and clubs. Take some street protests with a virulent counter-movement (for that, remember the recent South Caronlina Flag incident with the KKK and Black Educators for Justice). Adding guns to any of these would be a disaster.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

Have some faith in your fellow man. As rude and lovely as some of the people in this thread are, I still assume they are still rational actors that won't murder me over a political disagreement.

I have zero faith in the open carry movement and the racist shitheads that it attracts. I have negative faith in my fellow man in general when it comes to self control and firearms.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

That's the shoulder thing that goes up, right?

I have zero faith in racist liberals who want to make it impossible for poor minorities to exercise their second amendment rights.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I have zero faith in my fellow man and opt to carry a firearm every day.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Butch Cassidy posted:

I have zero faith in my fellow man and opt to carry a firearm every day.

Of course you have zero faith. You TactiLOL nerd.

JohnGalt posted:

That's the shoulder thing that goes up, right?

I have zero faith in racist liberals who want to make it impossible for poor minorities to exercise their second amendment rights.

Oh man, I'd call this trolling if this wasn't a common tactic by neocons to play off actual racism.

"No, YOU'RE the racist here. I'm just saying the truth" :smuggo:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
wouldn't it be great if more people unsuitable to own firearms at least had a harder time getting them

or like we limited what they could get

"suuuuuure man Obama is coming to put you in a FEMA reeducation camp any day now; it's a good thing I can still sell you this breech-loading shotgun. That will stop him for sure, now get outta here"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Then you probably wouldn't be like "LOL collapsible stock thats tactilol" just seal your loving mouth and go back to crying about guns.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

Then you probably wouldn't be like "LOL collapsible stock thats tactilol" just seal your loving mouth and go back to crying about guns.

:allears: Tell me more Sedanchair.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Here's one I gave away to a completely untrained person who wanted a pistol:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
you're all faggots

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

good

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jamwad Hilder posted:

you're all faggots

Stop. Close thread. Comedy Gold.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Based on all the photos, its as if you want to tell us something.

Maybe you are trying to find your way to TFR instead of actually posting in a discussion thread with your spam photos?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is the gunthread, though. It is for posting about guns.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What do you all do with your guns

How many of you simply collect them as a hobby
How many of you are involved in some sort of shooting sport
Who has them for protective purposes of some kind

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rahu posted:

This is the gunthread, though. It is for posting about guns.

Discussing. Not spamming photos of your firearms.

That's what TFR is for.

Monkey Fracas posted:

What do you all do with your guns

How many of you simply collect them as a hobby
How many of you are involved in some sort of shooting sport
Who has them for protective purposes of some kind

I collect military firearms, every blue moon I'll take them to a range, but I don't do it very often anymore.

The statistics do not support me using them for self-defense unless the country is being invaded or something.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I don't trust an individual to decide what constitutes spam in the heat of the moment. You should report my posts to a duly appointed representative of Something Awful to officially handle the situation.

Unless you want to take matters into your own hands. In which case, you should request a username change to "Shitpost Vigilante" which would be questionably responsible but decidedly amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Discussing. Not spamming photos of your firearms.

• Locked thread