Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
14 days and only one near-automated (please confirm you want a full refund, no request for the amount etc) response.

Paypal dispute raised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Also the whole CALL THE TAX OFFICE ON CIG is pretty loving god damned goony, even by the standards of this thread.
Yeah, just let them have their 20% cut man, it's not like they're stealing from people or anything you loving goons sheesh.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Hi Sandi. My CIG username is DINGO_LEATHERGRITS.
In closing- gently caress you, give me my money.

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she recovers quickly

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

tooterfish posted:

Yeah, just let them have their 20% cut man, it's not like they're stealing from people or anything you loving goons sheesh.

VAT is 20%? drat son, people losing 20% on their refunds is loving huge.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I dont know if it's been suggested but we should all change our names to Star Citizen backers and start saying the usual things we do in this thread

Sandi ear muffs, ear muffs please

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

They were very gentle with me when they decided that we'd hosed up the VAT on an export outside of the EU, but it was still brown-trouser time. 2 days of going over the accounts with a final bill presented along with a time limit. Thing is that you can go a couple of quarters at least without too much attention, then it's full 'eye of sauron'.
Over here they will also be gentle with you if it becomes clear it was simply a mistake and not deliberate fraud. By gentle I mean you won't go to jail, just pay a fine of at least 100% whatever you owed if you're late even a single day.

loving with VAT: not even once

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

tooterfish posted:

it might be sensible to wait and see if they are actually refunding people less VAT first i dunno

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Sarsparilla, man that situation is awful.
Sorry.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Agrajag posted:

VAT is 20%? drat son. People losing 20% on their refunds is loving huge.

Maybe not for 100$, but when you get past the 1K mark, son, with all dem highrollerz...

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
The relevant stuff

quote:

Pre-orders have become a contentious area of the games industry, with a greater number of publishers and retailers looking to get players to commit to a purchase before the final release. Tutty believes that the new act may mean that these customers find they have more power to ask for a refund if the final game doesn’t live up to early promises given on the pre-order page.

He explains: “If the company says, this is how the game is going to work, and later they pivot and say, actually it will be slightly different, players could complain that, well I bought it under the belief it was going to be something else, so I want a refund.”

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Madcosby posted:

Sandi ear muffs, ear muffs please

Clean-shaven, ofc.

Whoops, wrong muff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hello Sandi,

Since you were kind enough to reveal that you do, indeed, read these forums (or have a menial do it instead of actually getting work done for the project we've paid them for) I'd like to share my thoughts on this whole debacle with you. First of all I would like to congratulate you on the enormity of your success. Some people like to denigrate your role in this project and don't give you the respect you deserve as one of the driving forces behind the most successful crowd funding project on the planet. That's unfair. You deserve full recognition for the marketing and implementation of the project. You deserve full recognition for managing to bring in tens of millions of dollars by marketing a dream and managing the message in such a fashion that, even to this day, backers are eager to throw money at you. You deserve full recognition for getting people to invest not only their funds, but also their hearts, even when doing so comes at a personal cost. Chris may have made people believe, but you gave them a means of demonstrating their faith. I hope that, for all long as people remember Star Citizen, they remember your name.

You deserve all that recognition, because you deserve the responsibility for all the consequences should you fail. All of the love and adoration your efforts have brought about, all that money that backers have given your company in good faith, all of that is your responsibility. If that love turns to hate, if all of that energy and enthusiasm turns from cheering you on to cursing your name, understand that it is because of your machinations. I hope you can comprehend the enormity of the risk you are taking here, that you truly respect the power you have over the hearts and minds of people who believe in Star Citizen and what it means. I hope you understand just how immersed and dedicated your backers are in the success of this effort, and the consequences of that faith should everything collapse. I hope you understand that people could kill themselves over this.

This isn't a joke. This isn't a personal attack. This is a belief I have personally held for years now. People have the same level of faith in your husband and Star Citizen that others do in religions. There is an extremity in belief among the most hardcore backers that can be compared to a cult. Those types of people do not respond well to massive disruptions such as if Cloud Imperium Games were to go bankrupt. I didn't post that suicide hotline number on the front page because I thought it was funny, I posted it there because I am genuinely worried about people killing themselves. You should be too.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Sarsapariller posted:

That bit I sent you in my request about my wife having received a cancer diagnosis, and how the money from my account would be better spent there and that was why I was requesting a refund? You know, during the email exchange we had before you put me in Customer Service Limbo for 3 weeks? That was true. It's also true that the money would be better spent if I literally folded it into paper spaceships and lit it on fire. But I didn't say that to you because I am polite when somebody has my money and I would like it back. Ultimately though it sure looks like I don't have much to lose by giving you poo poo, does it? Incidentally this is how you develop a hardcore community of people who hate your rear end- you take their money, fail to deliver, and give them no outlet for recourse. For bonus points- ban and refund the most vocal haters to show those who are inclined to be nicer about the whole thing that they can get results if they poo poo on you.

For extra bonus points, do something loony-tunes like stalk their conversations and try to intimidate them. You know where we've been? That's okay, we know where you're headed- and it ain't loving Hollywood, lady. Buckle up.

I've now hit up Derek Smart's totally legitimate class-action lawsuit email address and I will be pursuing that to the fullest extent when it absolutely 100% really happens because Derek Smart sues people and wins, every time.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wait, what? Sandi is stalking people and sending threatening emails?

Where is this? What was it?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Gwaihir posted:

Also the whole CALL THE TAX OFFICE ON CIG is pretty loving god damned goony, even by the standards of this thread.

It's really not. The other folks describing the veracity of the British tax system and their droogs are not joking in any way. The government has advertisements encouraging folks to report potential fraud.

If I received a refund on an item and I looked at the receipt without any real mention of VAT and a bunch of reassuring numbers, I would be raising an eyebrow pretty hard.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

That bit I sent you in my request about my wife having received a cancer diagnosis, and how the money from my account would be better spent there and that was why I was requesting a refund? You know, during the email exchange we had before you put me in Customer Service Limbo for 3 weeks? That was true. It's also true that the money would be better spent if I literally folded it into paper spaceships and lit it on fire. But I didn't say that to you because I am polite when somebody has my money and I would like it back. Ultimately though it sure looks like I don't have much to lose by giving you poo poo, does it? Incidentally this is how you develop a hardcore community of people who hate your rear end- you take their money, fail to deliver, and give them no outlet for recourse. For bonus points- ban and refund the most vocal haters to show those who are inclined to be nicer about the whole thing that they can get results if they poo poo on you.

For extra bonus points, do something loony-tunes like stalk their conversations and try to intimidate them. You know where we've been? That's okay, we know where you're headed- and it ain't loving Hollywood, lady. Buckle up.

I've now hit up Derek Smart's totally legitimate class-action lawsuit email address and I will be pursuing that to the fullest extent when it absolutely 100% really happens because Derek Smart sues people and wins, every time.

I'm sorry they valued a cat more than your wife, man.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Banano posted:

it might be sensible to wait and see if they are actually refunding people less VAT first i dunno
I thought that part went without saying.

Not that I'm that inclined to give a company who's "VP of Marketing" literally stalks naysayers across the loving internet too much benefit of doubt to be honest.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hello Sandi,

Since you were kind enough to reveal that you do, indeed, read these forums (or have a menial do it instead of actually getting work done for the project we've paid them for) I'd like to share my thoughts on this whole debacle with you. First of all I would like to congratulate you on the enormity of your success. Some people like to denigrate your role in this project and don't give you the respect you deserve as one of the driving forces behind the most successful crowd funding project on the planet. That's unfair. You deserve full recognition for the marketing and implementation of the project. You deserve full recognition for managing to bring in tens of millions of dollars by marketing a dream and managing the message in such a fashion that, even to this day, backers are eager to throw money at you. You deserve full recognition for getting people to invest not only their funds, but also their hearts, even when doing so comes at a personal cost. Chris may have made people believe, but you gave them a means of demonstrating their faith. I hope that, for all long as people remember Star Citizen, they remember your name.

You deserve all that recognition, because you deserve the responsibility for all the consequences should you fail. All of the love and adoration your efforts have brought about, all that money that backers have given your company in good faith, all of that is your responsibility. If that love turns to hate, if all of that energy and enthusiasm turns from cheering you on to cursing your name, understand that it is because of your machinations. I hope you can comprehend the enormity of the risk you are taking here, that you truly respect the power you have over the hearts and minds of people who believe in Star Citizen and what it means. I hope you understand just how immersed and dedicated your backers are in the success of this effort, and the consequences of that faith should everything collapse. I hope you understand that people could kill themselves over this.

This isn't a joke. This isn't a personal attack. This is a belief I have personally held for years now. People have the same level of faith in your husband and Star Citizen that others do in religions. There is an extremity in belief among the most hardcore backers that can be compared to a cult. Those types of people do not respond well to massive disruptions such as if Cloud Imperium Games were to go bankrupt. I didn't post that suicide hotline number on the front page because I thought it was funny, I posted it there because I am genuinely worried about people killing themselves. You should be too.

god beer youre such a pussy

edit: I'm dumb and should probably read more than the first paragraph

rock on beer

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 14, 2015

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hi Sandi.

I'm not a backer/donator/pre-orderer/worshiper/cultist of your husband's latest failscade, but since you're e-stalking us now and sending unsolicited emails with threatening undertones, I'd like to take the chance to say this...

gently caress you. gently caress your company. You're all scum. I hope you all end up in prison where there's no razors, and have to live your days out with a bush that touches your knees, you creepy weirdo.

Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Xae.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Mods, please change everyone's name in this thread to Accelerwraith, TIA

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Please ban RSI user "Nicholas"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

spacetoaster posted:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523393651150948

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Woah, I got my 'confirm you want a full refund' e-mail yesterday, and the 'how much do you expect e-mail today'. Are the long waits typically happening after this step?

quote:

Hello Generation Internet,

In order to move forward with the request as quickly as possible I just need to gather some information from you. Can you please confirm as much as you can of the following information regarding your refund request:

Confirm that you accept that partial refunds are not possible - A successful refund request will result in a permanent and full account closure
Confirm that you understand gifted pledges to and from your account cannot be refunded
The total amount you anticipate
Your current PayPal e-mail address
Generally, we don't offer refunds outside of the initial 14-day or such longer grace period as required by applicable local regulations. Having said that, I am not dismissing your refund query as we like to consider each request on a case-by-case basis.

Additional information:

If authorised the refund may take a few days to action if the orders are older than 30 days. This is because human action is usually required and an automated reversal would be rejected by most payment handlers

If a refund is granted it will take 7-10 working days to appear on your statement

We cannot refund delivered physical items

We cannot refund any and all subscription payments

As soon as I get this information I can pass you along to our refund guys. =)

It would also appear that they've completely dropped asking about the escapist article, presumably because nobody was giving them the answer they were looking for, judging by this thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Geez...

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Man, comicon cosplayers sure have gone downhill.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

She'll be fine y'all, thank you for the well wishes.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Have you learned nothing form the brown sea? Citizenship is earned.
It is every citizen's duty to do whatever is needed to defend their ruler and his reign.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sandi was able to track you down by asking a friend "what is a forum full of haters that starts with an 's'?"

:golfclap:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hello Sandi,

:golfclap:

You are a far better person than I.

Seriously, Sandi, if you are obsessively reading this thread by this point, as your screenshot of D_Smart certainly indicates, read this post over and over and over, until you finally get what Beer is trying to tell you. Me, I remain skeptical you'll learn anything and will just keep up the ego-ride with your husband until the inevitable downfall, since that's how most all humans work, sadly. But Beer...he reminds me of a moreso hopeful me that I once was, back in 2013 when I legitimately tried to contribute politely to CIG with my own thoughts...and in return only got grief and being ignored.

Don't repeat the same mistake with Beer.

Read his post.

Understand it.

Act on it in a way that is right.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It's kind of unfair she called us an anonymous hate campaign even though she knew all our names. Pretty rude if you ask me.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Truga posted:

Mods, please change everyone's name in this thread to Accelerwraith, TIA

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Madcosby posted:

god beer youre such a pussy

As long as he's a freshly shaved one.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
dude i think Crobizzle and Sandi will be able to walk away from this richer than they have ever been even if CIG goes tits up

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Check the OP.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
Hi Sandi,

Please tell an underling (or fat Les if he's eating and not working, AGAIN!) to leak the real reason why you faked a resignation at CitizenCON.
I think it would be good to hear your perspective.
By 'your perspective', I mean lies of course and by 'good' I mean funny.

Yours,

Inny.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Incidentally has Sandi ever even once indicated that she reads Reddit? I'm going to lol if they're paying more attention to the "Hate" thread. Even they know the hugbox is not a place to get critical thoughts about their game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shrinkage posted:

I'm sorry they valued a caterpillar more than your wife, man.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hey, aren't you the goon who went to citcon? I haven't seen you a few days after that, are you ok???

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

MassivelyOP interviews James Hick, indie space game dev, about the game genre, Star Citizen, and even Derek Smart. He considers Derek a qualified critic of CiGs technical challenges, and addresses the question of cash reserves, hand crafted systems vs procedurally generated ones, and more.

Starts about 20 minutes in. Last's about 15 minutes.

That site is the #1 media shill site for Star Citizen. So I'm surprised they actually posted the podcast. Jame's commentary about me should probably burn like hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Paypal dispute raised 20 minutes ago.

CIG Support updated my ticket 1 minute ago.

Huh.

• Locked thread