Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
you guys must have a lot of adware and viruses, i never have issues browsing the site or the ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

you guys must have a lot of adware and viruses, i never have issues browsing the site or the ads

For real I'm baffled and can only conclude they've got spyware/hijackers/whatever from bad torrents and poo poo.

I've never ever had a spyware/malware issue with SA's ads let alone having SA links open an ad.

Kurtofan posted:

I clicked on an SA link and it opened an ad in another tab.

That's straight your browser has been hijacked.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

For real I'm baffled and can only conclude they've got spyware/hijackers/whatever from bad torrents and poo poo.

I've never ever had a spyware/malware issue with SA's ads let alone having SA links open an ad.

That's straight your browser has been hijacked.
You probably just have a more up to date firewall, there's been some malware cruising around these forums for a bit now that I pick up everytime I forget to turn my firewall back on after playing games with friends. Not hard to get rid of or prevent but it is there if you're careless.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

You probably just have a more up to date firewall, there's been some malware cruising around these forums for a bit now that I pick up everytime I forget to turn my firewall back on after playing games with friends. Not hard to get rid of or prevent but it is there if you're careless.

My firewall is turned off entirely sometimes when I'm on SA and I've never got anything from it. I don't click the ads though I guess.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Moridin920 posted:

My firewall is turned off entirely sometimes when I'm on SA and I've never got anything from it. I don't click the ads though I guess.
I've also never gotten any sort of malware or viruses or redirects, which makes it difficult for me to track down anything from people who claim they have.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Maybe it's based on their location?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Lowtax posted:

I've also never gotten any sort of malware or viruses or redirects, which makes it difficult for me to track down anything from people who claim they have.

I only get redirects when on iOS. I turned off JavaScript for safari and it made the forums usable again.

No problems at all when I'm using chrome on my pc.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I miss the tom brady ads ):

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Overbite posted:

I only get redirects when on iOS. I turned off JavaScript for safari and it made the forums usable again.

No problems at all when I'm using chrome on my pc.

Same here.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

ad's are way better now, but this one is annoying:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
You hosed up smartphones again

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

vug posted:

You hosed up smartphones again
I didn't change or do anything!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i guess it,s the ad provider but about 1 second after loading a page (forum display or thread display) it redirects to something that opens an empty page

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I'm posting on my iPhone and some cruddy as keeps loading up the App Store app. Help me lowtax

It's trying to make me install betting apps just fyi

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Here's an example url, I think. drat thing kept trying to open poo poo up on my phone, this is the url I managed to catch: http://tracking.crobo.com/aff_r?off...482776798820615

Is there somewhere else I should post that? I swear I remember a thread about it at some point but it's hard to dig up threads when the App Store keeps popping up.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 3, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Munki posted:

Here's an example url, I think. drat thing kept trying to open poo poo up on my phone, this is the url I managed to catch: http://tracking.crobo.com/aff_r?off...482776798820615

Is there somewhere else I should post that? I swear I remember a thread about it at some point but it's hard to dig up threads when the App Store keeps popping up.

Did you click on the link? Ad views should be more than enough income.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Darth123123 posted:

Did you click on the link? Ad views should be more than enough income.

I didn't click diddly. Unless you're saying something about the clickable url in my post? I was just trying to give whoever the info they might need to nuke an ad provider, and it seems SA code won't not make it a clickable link. v:shobon:v

But yeah, it opens up the app store when I load a page, no clicking required, and that was a url I managed to catch during the whole super-annoying redirect process.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Munki posted:

I didn't click diddly. Unless you're saying something about the clickable url in my post? I was just trying to give whoever the info they might need to nuke an ad provider, and it seems SA code won't not make it a clickable link. v:shobon:v

But yeah, it opens up the app store when I load a page, no clicking required, and that was a url I managed to catch during the whole super-annoying redirect process.

I see. Sorry!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm getting a lot of those redirects on my Droid to an ody://neverblue, it never resolves but it overtakes the page.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think

Lowtax posted:

I didn't change or do anything!

lowtax will you play game of war with me

paraone
Mar 22, 2003
I've been having mobile issues too, but I figured it was related to the database problems or something.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

vug posted:

i guess it,s the ad provider but about 1 second after loading a page (forum display or thread display) it redirects to something that opens an empty page

this is Kochava or whatever and idk how much can be done about it, mobile advertisers suck rear end and are going to cause a second adblock crashveventually

those who do not learn from history blah blah blah gay dicks

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

When was the first adblock crash?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Do you guys use the mobile app? I've run into 0 problems on it. Other than the fact that you can't make an original thread, it fulfills most other functions with ease. I would do this rather than experience clickbait level headaches on the mobile browser interface.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
It looks like your sites been hacked

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I have been actively talking to Rubicon about their mobile takeover ads, and will be switching off them if it isn't resolved soon. They are looking into the issue and admit it's been happening on their end and bad ads have been sneaking through their filtering process.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lowtax posted:

I have been actively talking to Rubicon about their mobile takeover ads, and will be switching off them if it isn't resolved soon. They are looking into the issue and admit it's been happening on their end and bad ads have been sneaking through their filtering process.

Build a big wall to stop the bad ads from sneaking in.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

Build a big wall to stop the bad ads from sneaking in.

Make them pay for it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Have y'all tried that Cookie JAM, though??

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Libelous Slander posted:

Do you guys use the mobile app? I've run into 0 problems on it. Other than the fact that you can't make an original thread, it fulfills most other functions with ease. I would do this rather than experience clickbait level headaches on the mobile browser interface.

This is hilarious and sad.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

This is hilarious and sad.

It was a leadership decision (from what I understand) to leave that feature out to avoid the issues of "low content" threads and other trends which might increase by having the ability to create a new thread from your phone (and, if you really need to create a new thread, I believe there is no such restriction in a mobile browser.)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Libelous Slander posted:

It was a leadership decision (from what I understand) to leave that feature out to avoid the issues of "low content" threads and other trends which might increase by having the ability to create a new thread from your phone (and, if you really need to create a new thread, I believe there is no such restriction in a mobile browser.)

ah I see. I actually have no problem with the mobile browser version. maybe I'm too easy to please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Libelous Slander posted:

It was a bug that was fixed in the latest release.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Getting mobile hijacks for this cookie play poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Libelous Slander posted:

Make them pay for it.

Someone's doing the hacking

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
workaround is to hit refresh and then stop after the page loads, i guess it dumps out the javascript context or something

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Just talked to Rubicon; they set up a very conservative whitelist for mobile ads, so things should immediately be fixed. Sorry it took so long!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The bad ad problem is finally resolved.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
Getting a really lovely hijack ad when clicking the next-page button in a thread I'm reading, it takes over the entire browser window shortly after the forum page loads. This is part of the URL that shows up, if that helps track it down (the full URL is like ten more lines of &crap=poo poo stuff):

code:
http://go.goadvs.com/intrsl?id=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

This is popping up more than homeless people do in San Francisco. Fix pls.