Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Vaccination+Armament also lets you shrug off all minor damage by giving you a hyper-fast 10 armor syringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Showing my age on Medic here: Did they change the armor healing to not require health healing? I remember getting sad the last time I played it seriously because I couldn't just shoot people with syringes to go all NANOMACHINES, SON.

Also my medic is currently level 17 so clearly I haven't played it yet.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The gap between a level 19 medic and a level 20 medic is so severe and it's so stupid

Yeah you can give armor now when they ahve full health

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

Showing my age on Medic here: Did they change the armor healing to not require health healing? I remember getting sad the last time I played it seriously because I couldn't just shoot people with syringes to go all NANOMACHINES, SON.

Also my medic is currently level 17 so clearly I haven't played it yet.

Yeah, the gun won't lock on, but if you can just stand and fire darts into a teammate, he'll get more armor.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Require More Fire posted:

For most of the classes that I use regularly I tend to go Tier 2 and Tier 4. Medic is the exception that pops to mind as I like going with either the SMG and Shotgun or the Assault and Shotgun. But generally I like to have something with a lot of ammo to clear trash and then a heavy hitter for Scrakes/FPs and Tier 2 and 4 usually fill those roles.

Same though I don't have a lot of love for the medic shotgun. Just never grabbed me.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Coolguye posted:

Showing my age on Medic here: Did they change the armor healing to not require health healing?

Yes. Also, another medic pro tip: take out your syringe and press middle mouse click. You can now build up your own armor even at full health with the aforementioned skills (normal alt fire will only heal yourself/armor if already damaged).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

You know it's going to be a bad game when medic has the "you can poison zombies like a retard" perk selected instead of "give your teammates tons of awesome free armor and bile resistance because you're a pro" perk.

Kind of like supports who use the M4 instead of the AA12 or Commandos rocking nothing but dual pistols 6 waves in on suicidal+.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
M4 Support is viable with the stumble perk, I just wouldn't do it if you're the only Support.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Re: Firebug, give it 1% max ammo per level, not this stupid 5% starting ammo every 5 levels, especially when the Fully Stocked perk gives the Caulk 'n Burn max ammo on spawn anyways.

Make it so ammo pickups give half a magazine on pickup, not 25 exact, for flame weapons. The 25 is fine for the CnB since it's literally half a mag but for the flamethrower and microwave gun it's too little.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lemon Curdistan posted:

M4 Support is viable with the stumble perk, I just wouldn't do it if you're the only Support.

isn't stumble the one that's up against tac reload though? like, who would ever not take tac reload? I guess I'm glad to know the M4 really will stumble the way it should but still. Someone posted a neat idea about being able to mix-and-match perks as a possible solution to perk balance and I think that's the only way I would ever take stumble so I guess I'll take your word on it :v:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

If I've got the cash early enough in a game, I'll usually swap the C&B for the Flamethrower because the Flamethrower has a larger tank. My biggest complaint about the C&B is that it runs out of fuel so fast. Maybe I'm just a little maniacal with my flame expenditure though. :black101:

Best/scariest username+post combo. :stare:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Surprised how few people take the firebug shotgun. It's like the closest thing to a long ranged firebug weapon.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Surprised how few people take the firebug shotgun. It's like the closest thing to a long ranged firebug weapon.

Nice penetration too, can clean up to 4 crawlers with one shot. I take it mostly because it's the only reliable weapon for blowing off Bloats heads, and the fuckers are really resistant to fire.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

sushibandit posted:

You know it's going to be a bad game when medic has the "you can poison zombies like a retard" perk selected instead of "give your teammates tons of awesome free armor and bile resistance because you're a pro" perk.

Kind of like supports who use the M4 instead of the AA12 or Commandos rocking nothing but dual pistols 6 waves in on suicidal+.

Or everyone else using rocket launchers on hans without using AA-12s or healing guns. And in a tight, enclosed space around the trains in burning Paris instead of running around a much more open space like in front of the tower.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kikas posted:

Nice penetration too, can clean up to 4 crawlers with one shot. I take it mostly because it's the only reliable weapon for blowing off Bloats heads, and the fuckers are really resistant to fire.

I didn't think it had any projectile pen, just a lot of blunt damage/stagger capability and the fire aoe on impact. Also I thought bloats had a fire weakness, they just have a poo poo-ton of "body" hp so it looks like they aren't taking much damage from residual burn?

Yeah, according to the tripwire wiki:

* Resists Ballistic, Explosive, Toxic and Bludgeoning Damage, takes only 50% damage.
* Weak against Fire, Slashing and Piercing Damage, takes 200% damage.

Away all Goats posted:

Firebug is basically a slightly-longer-range 'zerk, and CnB tends to be more useful for panic-clearing large groups of zeds that appear right on top of you (especially with shrapnel).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Psion posted:

isn't stumble the one that's up against tac reload though? like, who would ever not take tac reload? I guess I'm glad to know the M4 really will stumble the way it should but still.

Yeah, it is, which is a pain because tac reload is a huge QoL improvement. I suspect it will also be garbage again once we have Sharpshooters to deal with Scrakes, but for now it's a good thing for a second Support to have to help deal with the big guys.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Atomizer posted:

Best/scariest username+post combo. :stare:

Live the gimmick.

Away all Goats posted:

I used to take it all the time, but lately I've started to go C&B and Boomstick early on in games. The C&B is my light'em up weapon, and the Boomstick is my "bad touch GTFO" weapon. I just feel like if I'm going to take a shotgun, I'd rather have a bigger boom over the burn. I have no idea what the actual damage values are comparatively though so it may just all be in my head.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Live the gimmick.

I used to take it all the time, but lately I've started to go C&B and Boomstick early on in games. The C&B is my light'em up weapon, and the Boomstick is my "bad touch GTFO" weapon. I just feel like if I'm going to take a shotgun, I'd rather have a bigger boom over the burn. I have no idea what the actual damage values are comparatively though so it may just all be in my head.

I think I am going to give the shotgun another chance. MWG and Shotgun, might not have the clearing capabilities of the Caulk, but it will have a nice punch (especially if shrapnel procs). Ammo is a big concern for me though, it is pretty low on the ammo scale where as the Caulk can seeming do a lot more with a lot less.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

the firebug shotgun is good; I like it a lot. It gives you a good ranged option that doesn't require the ranged perk.

land a headshot and watch zed shrapnel proc for good times.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

the firebug shotgun is good; I like it a lot. It gives you a good ranged option that doesn't require the ranged perk.

land a headshot and watch zed shrapnel proc for good times.

That reminds me, I love how show-y the Firebug is. Getting a shrapnel proc on a group while using the MWG in zed time was one of the most memorable things that has happened to me in this game. Just a slow-mo giant explosions with body parts flying in every direction :allears:.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
When playing firebug I feel like I should be wearing shades at the keyboard just because of how mighty you are

I mean this in the 'might makes light' sense.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I can't get into the firebug shotty unless we're holding out somewhere with a narrow hall to line shots up. Its ammo generally doesn't hold up well for mopping up trash, CnB with heatwave/explodeazed makes it amazing for keeping trash at bay while clearing via explosions.

Only time I bother to pick up the shotty is hans wave honestly.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Early perks are so bad they should be combined.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Junkie Disease posted:

Early perks are so bad they should be combined.

Need to give you a little taste of greatness to keep you going.

It works.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Questioner and Turnways, please don't read the following text:

I have this tremendous fear of the MWG getting nerfed because it really seems to make Scrakes trivial and fucks up FPs pretty good too.

I wouldn't call it a nerf but there are definitely two bugs with the MWG that need to get addressed before we can really balance out the weapons and perks. Increasing your DPS by rapid clicking isn't intended and the splash damage skill shouldn't be encouraging people to aim at the floor instead of shooting that proton pack beam right into a ZED's ugly face. It makes a lot more sense to balance things out once they're actually working as intended instead of trying to balance a broken system.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Questioner86 posted:

It makes a lot more sense to balance things out once they're actually working as intended instead of trying to balance a broken system.

As true as that may be, the community will flip a poo poo when they change the MWG.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm actually okay with sustained fire being better for DPS because I think games which operate on the principle of "the faster you give yourself an RSI the more effective you'll be" are dumb and bad. Like, I do it with the MWG because that's the best way to use it right now, but I'm not against it changing.

And sure aiming at scrake feet is silly so if all the change ends up being is "just aim at his face and splash will still be awesome but range lets you start cooking them further away which is also awesome" then yeah, that could really work out.

Mesadoram posted:

As true as that may be, the community will flip a poo poo when they change the MWG.

Well the community also flipped out over the ham-handed support nerfs (which, to their credit, TWI fixed up right quick in the E&D Beta), so at least they aren't ALWAYS wrong :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 14, 2015

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mesadoram posted:

Need to give you a little taste of greatness to keep you going.

It works.

Where's the taste? Full ammo from trader buys? Bleagh.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

Where's the taste? Full ammo from trader buys? Bleagh.

that's one of the best perks in the game

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you crush wave one and you can get a full-ammo microwave gun by the end of like wave 3

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Mesadoram posted:

Yup, I feel you gotta be alittle aggressive on balancing things that are alittle OP. Otherwise people get all accustomed to it after awhile then freak out when the changes hit.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington posted:

you crush wave one and you can get a full-ammo microwave gun by the end of like wave 3

and then you can poo poo out back-up weapons for yourself because they cost significantly less when you don't need to buy ammo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Supplier, Fully-stocked, On Contact, Large Mags/Backup, Sonic/Poison Resistance

these are all good and/or fun

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Ruggington posted:

that's one of the best perks in the game

It's useful yes inherently exciting? Bah! payday 2 perks had more exciting option's.
Maybe it will get more depth in the future.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm able to top the board on HoE as a level 16 Firebug. What a great class.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

It's useful yes inherently exciting? Bah! payday 2 perks had more exciting option's.
Maybe it will get more depth in the future.

jfc

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

I'm able to top the board on HoE as a level 16 Firebug. What a great class.

Now to tackle the age old question of is something overpowered, too easy to be good at, or is everything else just too weak?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

Now to tackle the age old question of is something overpowered, too easy to be good at, or is everything else just too weak?

Zerks pretty drat fun as well. Haven't touched one past Hard mode but firebug and Zerk have been stupid fun for me. Any suggestions for skrake and fleshpounds if I'm melee beyond the normal hit em when they are not looking at me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

Zerks pretty drat fun as well. Haven't touched one past Hard mode but firebug and Zerk have been stupid fun for me. Any suggestions for skrake and fleshpounds if I'm melee beyond the normal hit em when they are not looking at me?

Watch the parrying video linked in the OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQstOLz83I

If you're zerker you should be the be the first to run up to scrakes and FPs so you can keep them occupied and away from the rest of your team.