Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone know if this is the kind of game where I can pause cutscenes, or cutscenes will pause if I go into the home menu, or will cutscenes completely skip if I press Options/continue if I go into the home screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
A menu opens to ask if you want to skip.

You can re-watch them from the guy in Patty's behind the counter on the right.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bitchin'.

Oh man. This game is gorgeous. It brings a gleeful smile to my face that most games can't do anymore.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Man, once you get really good with Alena, you can cover a whole lot of ground really quickly. She's never leaving my party ever.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Also surprised and disappointed no Torneko is present. Possibly he will be paid DLC, but I hope not.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

BadAstronaut posted:

Also surprised and disappointed no Torneko is present. Possibly he will be paid DLC, but I hope not.

Maybe in the next game, though odds are a bit low since Alena and Kiryl are confirmed for the sequel.

I was holding out for Ragnar McRyan myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is anybody from V/VI in the game? I remember the brief fly over during that opening title scene but I only recognized all the characters from IV and VIII

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

In Training posted:

Is anybody from V/VI in the game? I remember the brief fly over during that opening title scene but I only recognized all the characters from IV and VIII

Bianca and Nera from V, Terry from VI.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Does Heroes have any multiplayer, online or otherwise?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Caidin posted:

Bianca and Nera from V, Terry from VI.

Guess they didn't have the balls to just come out and say Bianca is #1

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, I got the cool Warriors style game and am likely ready for the disappointment that the next dragon guest game that will hit the west is their Minecraft game. But as long as 12 also comes over, I can live with it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

In Training posted:

Guess they didn't have the balls to just come out and say Bianca is #1

Nah, they just knew there was no need to hang around while Debora was on the scene. :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Caidin posted:

Nah, they just knew there was no need to hang around while Debora was on the scene. :colbert:
Goddamn right.

(If I had a PS4 I'd have bought DQH already. But I don't. But I want DQM remakes.)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How do I access the slime DLC weapons?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Goddamn right.

(If I had a PS4 I'd have bought DQH already. But I don't. But I want DQM remakes.)

I would buy Deborah DLC immediately. Especially if they give her the Hela Hammer as her primary weapon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

How do I access the slime DLC weapons?

Should be a slip with a code inside your case.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pankraz and Debora for DQH2. Please sign my petition to make this a reality.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there any way to reduce landing lag? I enjoy jumping around in games and it's really weird that you have to come to a full stop just for tapping the button.

Also is there a sprint button I somehow missed? Movement in general right now just feels soooo sluggish.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Should be a slip with a code inside your case.

I redeemed the code and downloaded each weapon. I don't know where in the game to access them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective No. 27 posted:

I redeemed the code and downloaded each weapon. I don't know where in the game to access them.

You get them right after the tutorial.

It's not a big deal anyway because they're just barely better then starting gear

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Are the two bonus maps worth the extra $5 for the digital slime edition?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DQH has got me in the mood to play another DQ game, is 4 or 6 generally considered better?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 > 6 but I enjoyed both

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

4 > 6 but I enjoyed both

I agree with this post. I could go into detail about 6's customization being more of a drawback than a merit, but basically, 4 is just a solid game, among the best in the series.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I personally like 5 the best.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

These quests to get Belle Caps suck. Shamans only drop them like 1/10 of the time you even get a drop.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

I personally like 5 the best.

V was my favorite just because of the scope of what you experience with the main character, you go from childhood to slave to wanderer to adventuring honeymooner to king and end up being someone's missing anime dad. I can't think of anything else like it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I loved 5.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
DQ IV has Alena, the Russian hurricane of death and greatest of all videogame princesses. And Torneko/Taloon, who is also cool. Also one of my favorite leads because for whatever reason they didn't let me choose a heroine again until DQIX.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I really liked IV because the format lent a lot of variety to the game. I've never played VI but if you like a game with a lot of interesting scenario changes I think IV at least does a great job with it. I also remember it not being super long. There's also an easy exploit that lets you have practically infinite money later if you want to make the experience feel a bit more leisurely.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

gently caress that, I want the old man. What's his name, Melvin? He's a literal geriatric swordsman and I find that incredibly hilarious. I want to see him decimate a whole army.

I love in DQ7 that you go on a quest to find the Chosen Hero instead of the main character being the hero and then what the gently caress he's as old as time

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Some things I wish I knew when I started (not really far in the game as it is..) you spend skill points by being in a town area, hitting options and going to the misc menu to spend points (I think it's misc.. whatever the top one is).
You can make dialog go faster by hitting circle

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I just unlocked Yangus and now the game is great. Yangus is great. All of his moves are great. And one of the first things he says is COR BLIMEY

Jessica is good too but I feel her square attacks don't have enough range. And Isla is kind of boring to play.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

4 has a fine cast of characters and the only person anybody remembers from 6 is Terry.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Srice posted:

4 has a fine cast of characters and the only person anybody remembers from 6 is Terry.

I like Barbara (Ashlynn now, I suppose) but she kind of has a huge skillset overlap with Jessica.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
God gently caress I hate saving in DQH.
Good game, though. So the characters have different costumes too? I loved Hyrule Warriors mostly because it had fantastic presentation and lots of goodies, hopefully this game does so too

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Good game, though. So the characters have different costumes too? I loved Hyrule Warriors mostly because it had fantastic presentation and lots of goodies, hopefully this game does so too

This is mostly a lie. I've got 3 'alternate' costumes so far and they're just color shifted. Red to blue, blue to red, purple to aqua.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I love in DQ7 that you go on a quest to find the Chosen Hero instead of the main character being the hero and then what the gently caress he's as old as time

The blank slate still has magical protagonist powers anyway, because of course he does

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

You auto-save after every level so unless you're trying to manipulate RNG or something just don't bother with it.

Also there are alt-costumes. Alena gets one more like her original debut costumes. (Leggings, bigger cape, different hat.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Speaking of 6, it's one of those games I wished I liked more, you know? It's just very... sloppy compared to the much tighter designed IV and V.

Although I do wanna ask if anyone ever played the original version of 6? I've only ever played the DS remakes of IV and V, but there's LPs of the original versions so I can see how they differ. I'm kind of curious about VI.