Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have Full Moon Streaming and what's on Hulu is about half of what's on the main site.

:stare: I just looked at Full Moon Streaming and they have a ton of interesting stuff that I really didn't expect. In the "Grindhouse Collection" they currently have Nightmare City, Mark of the Devil, Africa Addio, Mannaja: A Man Called Blade, Addio Zio Tom, Four of the Apocalypse, A Blade in the Dark, The Church, Conquest (1982), Don't Torture A Duckling, Contamination, Mondo Cane, and Tombs of the Blind Dead, and in the "coming soon" they've got Zombi 2, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Keoma, and Contraband.

Is Full Moon in bed with Blue Underground now? Because that owns if so.

e: They also have a bunch of pristine (apparently locked in a warehouse for 33 years) Wizard Video VHS tapes for sale, including Zombi 2 and I Spit On Your Grave.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

LORD OF BUTT posted:

:stare: I just looked at Full Moon Streaming and they have a ton of interesting stuff that I really didn't expect. In the "Grindhouse Collection" they currently have Nightmare City, Mark of the Devil, Africa Addio, Mannaja: A Man Called Blade, Addio Zio Tom, Four of the Apocalypse, A Blade in the Dark, The Church, Conquest (1982), Don't Torture A Duckling, Contamination, Mondo Cane, and Tombs of the Blind Dead, and in the "coming soon" they've got Zombi 2, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Keoma, and Contraband.

Is Full Moon in bed with Blue Underground now? Because that owns if so.

e: They also have a bunch of pristine (apparently locked in a warehouse for 33 years) Wizard Video VHS tapes for sale, including Zombi 2 and I Spit On Your Grave.

They also give you 6 DVDs if you sign up for a year at a time. There's also a weird little documentary with Charlie Band and Rger Corman on there about how they did poo poo in the VHS era.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Haven't watched Amazon Prime in a while and they've finally added continuous episode viewing! Workaholics binge time

Silky Slim
Jul 12, 2006
Makes a run for the gun circle....
Full Moon streaming is great and I also have to give a shout out to Exploitation.tv. Between those two I've basically given up on my Netflix account, ESPECIALLY for October since Netflix took off so many horror movies.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I didn't even know this was a thing that was happening, but a trailer just went up for Netflix's spiritual successor to Mr. Show called W/ Bob & David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyZ9l8anS9I

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Uh Mexico's 1960s Epic horror
The Brainiac is sweet.
Good sets, Great acting, Best Monster.

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 13, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I re watched the 36 chambers of shaolin. Are the sequels worth watching?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Alan Smithee posted:

I re watched the 36 chambers of shaolin. Are the sequels worth watching?

Only if you're desperate, it has an odd, jokey tone. Watch any other Chan Cheh film first.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You'll have to pay $4 or $5 to watch it but the new Bobcat Goldthwaite movie Call Me Lucky is absolutely loving phenomenal and I have no clue how I've never heard of Crimmins before now.

e: it's on Amazon

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I've been binge watching AHS: Freakshow, and I must say that I think I am enjoying it!
The Edward Mordrake character was bitchin' and episode 10 made me cry :(

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

precision posted:

You'll have to pay $4 or $5 to watch it but the new Bobcat Goldthwaite movie Call Me Lucky is absolutely loving phenomenal and I have no clue how I've never heard of Crimmins before now.

e: it's on Amazon

I'm so pissed that I have to go to a stupid wedding for someone I don't even know this weekend instead of going to a screening and q&a, like, two blocks from my house for Call Me Lucky on Saturday. Bobcat did one for God Bless America a few years ago, and he was awesome. Not a great movie, but he was showing it to a hometown crowd and everyone was way into it.

And yeah, very good movie. I'm 50/50 on Bobcat's stuff, but Call Me Lucky is well worth five bucks.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

3 episodes into Bloodline. It's good for me

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Shout FactoryTV is streaming Gamera movies Starting October 17th.

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Shout FactoryTV is streaming Gamera movies Starting October 17th.

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/

This is definitely awesome for people like me, but everyone else should at least try and check out when they start playing the 90's Gamera trilogy, which are legit good films, and one of the few examples of a trilogy that gets better with each successive entry.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Shout Factory generally has something interesting on it every month.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Erebus posted:

I didn't even know this was a thing that was happening, but a trailer just went up for Netflix's spiritual successor to Mr. Show called W/ Bob & David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyZ9l8anS9I

THANK YOU! I have been waiting for them to reunite.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Paper Kaiju posted:

This is definitely awesome for people like me, but everyone else should at least try and check out when they start playing the 90's Gamera trilogy, which are legit good films, and one of the few examples of a trilogy that gets better with each successive entry.

Personally I think Attack of Legion suffers compared to the two around it, but that just means it's really good instead of great.

Love the classics too, but skip Super Monster Gamera as it's literally a clip show put together in a desperate pandering attempt to revive a dead studio.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
A reminder that Beasts of No Nation comes out tomorrow.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yessssss. does it come out midday tomorrow or midnight tonight?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Personally I think Attack of Legion suffers compared to the two around it, but that just means it's really good instead of great.

Legion's the weakest plot-wise, but it has some of the best kaiju action in any movie ever so that makes up for it.

i uploaded this bit to youtube a while back after seeing it for the first time, it's so drat uncanny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzMhXX98sD0

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are there any more "adult" superhero shows like Daredevil on netflix? I know there's a bunch of superhero shows but I watched the first episode of the Flash and it was like something you would see on the disney channel. Which ones are which.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I've only just started watching the flash and it's just ok. Better than arrow, worse than Daredevil. Some of the effects would have been considered bad twenty years ago though.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Are there any more "adult" superhero shows like Daredevil on netflix? I know there's a bunch of superhero shows but I watched the first episode of the Flash and it was like something you would see on the disney channel. Which ones are which.

Sense8 is kind of a superhero show, and I enjoyed that a lot. It has superpowers and good fight scenes anyway.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I've only just started watching the flash and it's just ok. Better than arrow, worse than Daredevil. Some of the effects would have been considered bad twenty years ago though.

I think I like it a little more than you do, but yeah it isn't amazing. Though I do appreciate that every episode the problem is solved by him running even faster.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Sense 8 was pretty good I'd recommend that as well.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Jessica Jones is coming out in a month, too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Arrow is schlocky trash but is also fun and good. I've been binging it lately.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I've been enjoying the Flash so far.

Pretty fun, manages to not get too heavy for the most part.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Yessssss. does it come out midday tomorrow or midnight tonight?

It just went up.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Did anyone watch Powers on the playstation network?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I did. If you can get past the hokey effects and Sharlto Copley's 'batman' voice, it is a pretty fun show. My fiance and I watched every episode and we really hope they do a second season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GonSmithe posted:

It just went up.

Cool just got home, gonna watch this poo poo now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AFewBricksShy posted:

Yeah, it's actually pretty good. Eddie Izzard chews some scenery. Literally.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

precision posted:

Yeah, it's actually pretty good. Eddie Izzard chews some scenery. Literally.

Yeah. Izzard is fantastic in this. There's a lot of fun, over the top acting.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I would actually classify Person of Interest as a superhero show once it really gets going.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Just finished Beasts of No Nation.

It was good. Kinda drug out in 1-2 parts more than it needed to but the closing act was quite good and worth the wait.

Neat film but all a bit predictable.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Arrow is schlocky trash but is also fun and good. I've been binging it lately.

I love Arrow for the same reason. It's good in the same sense that the 60s Batman is good. I haven't been able to make it through an episode of the Flash, though. It's just boring, imho.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 16, 2015

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
my girlfriend is out of town this weekend, for once I don't have any homework or familial obligations or anything of any importance to do for the next day and a half. I am about to go get a pizza and some beer and sit down in front of the television, hopefully not to move for at least twelve hours.

I haven't had a chance to watch anything new on Netflix for the last couple of months and nothing is popping out at me after a brief scroll-through. Can anyone name a couple of badass, violent, mindless, recently-added flicks (or a tv show, I guess) that I can watch half-drunk for the rest of the night? I love martial arts movies and have seen most of the standard macho action movie fare. Sci-fi, western, weird Korean police thriller, whatever. I don't mind seeing something I haven't seen for a while so it doesn't have to be brand new, but for whatever reason I don't just feel like watching my copies of Total Recall and The Raid: Redemption for the hundredth time. Thanks for any recommendations.

meefistopheles
Nov 11, 2013

Peebla posted:

my girlfriend is out of town this weekend, for once I don't have any homework or familial obligations or anything of any importance to do for the next day and a half. I am about to go get a pizza and some beer and sit down in front of the television, hopefully not to move for at least twelve hours.

I haven't had a chance to watch anything new on Netflix for the last couple of months and nothing is popping out at me after a brief scroll-through. Can anyone name a couple of badass, violent, mindless, recently-added flicks (or a tv show, I guess) that I can watch half-drunk for the rest of the night? I love martial arts movies and have seen most of the standard macho action movie fare. Sci-fi, western, weird Korean police thriller, whatever. I don't mind seeing something I haven't seen for a while so it doesn't have to be brand new, but for whatever reason I don't just feel like watching my copies of Total Recall and The Raid: Redemption for the hundredth time. Thanks for any recommendations.

Five element ninja. Immediately.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Point Break 10 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Kid with the Golden Arm, 5 Elements Ninjas, Supercop, anything that shows up when you search for Chang Cheh.