Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite part is how the eventual winner is struggling not to burst out laughing at his opponent's "intimidation".

Well if you want to laugh more at the guy that got KO'd:

http://combatpress.com/2015/03/going-effin-viral-julian-julz-the-jackal-rabaud/

His take on being on the wrong end of a viral video. If there's a "It's a prank!" version of getting knocked the gently caress out, then this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If he knew how to roll with real punches half that well he'd have more than five total career wins.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I love the dude in white sitting in front who seems to not react in the least to a giant out of control fire spontaneously happening like 2 feet in front of him.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

The spice must floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Tuck and roll! Not flail and crash!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

This looks fun as hell except

Three-Phase posted:

Tuck and roll! Not flail and crash!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I love this :allears: even looks like the mascot's still laughing after he falls

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

I love the dude in white sitting in front who seems to not react in the least to a giant out of control fire spontaneously happening like 2 feet in front of him.

He actually does react a little. He puts the camera down and shifts his seat slightly out of the way.

grand_danois
Jan 9, 2005
not a dog irl

wayne curr posted:

http://kickended.com/projects/1181444073/
"Help Support writing and publishing ofThe Battle of Tompkins Square Park"
Wow this looks like it would have been legit awesome.

Yeah, it really would have been. Here's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ida4eftiWI the guy behind the kickstarter talking about it (the riots, not the kickstarter) and showing some footage. What a pity it didn't make it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

grand_danois posted:

Yeah, it really would have been. Here's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ida4eftiWI the guy behind the kickstarter talking about it (the riots, not the kickstarter) and showing some footage. What a pity it didn't make it.

Well poo poo, I wonder if he still wants to make it. I'd fund that myself.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tony Phillips posted:

Well if you want to laugh more at the guy that got KO'd:

http://combatpress.com/2015/03/going-effin-viral-julian-julz-the-jackal-rabaud/

His take on being on the wrong end of a viral video. If there's a "It's a prank!" version of getting knocked the gently caress out, then this is it.

Follow up

Shane Young knocks out Julz the Jackal

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Part schadenfreude, part just plain :stare:

**Also, NOT an Onion article not matter how much it reads like one**

quote:

This Aunt Is Suing Her 12-Year-Old Nephew for an "Unreasonable" Hug

According to the Connecticut Post, 54-year-old Connell has filed a lawsuit against her 12-year-old nephew claiming he acted "unreasonably" after giving her a hug that caused her to fall and break her wrist.

The unabashed display of affection happened four years ago at her nephew Sean Tarala's eighth birthday. He is the only defendant identified in the lawsuit, which claims his "negligent" hug caused her serious harm.

"All of a sudden he was there in the air, I had to catch him and we tumbled onto the ground," Connell testified before a jury last Friday. "I remember him shouting, 'Auntie Jen, I love you,' and there he was flying at me."

She says she did not complain to her nephew at the time because she didn't want to hurt his feelings, she told jurors. But four years later, Connell is now seeking $127,000 in damages, which include compromising her ability to eat gracefully at social occasions.

"I was at a party recently," she explained. "And it was difficult to hold my hors d'oeuvre plate."

The jury's back - she lost.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Part schadenfreude, part just plain :stare:

**Also, NOT an Onion article not matter how much it reads like one**

The jury's back - she lost.

As far as I can tell it was an attempt to get the family's insurance to cough up for medical treatment.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Suing is the only way to get the insurance company to pay out. She isn't some cartoon villain trying to pry pennies out of a kid's piggy bank. Every time you blindly share an inflammatory article like this you play right into the hands of the corporations who keep spreading this kind of bullshit. They want you to think lawyers are evil because lawsuits are the only way to punish corporations.

McDonald's once fused a woman's genitals together with boiling liquid that they intentionally served too hot, and they had been repeatedly warned was too hot, but I'm willing to bet that all you ever heard about it was that some dumb bitch got a million dollars for spilling coffee on herself.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

Suing is the only way to get the insurance company to pay out. She isn't some cartoon villain trying to pry pennies out of a kid's piggy bank. Every time you blindly share an inflammatory article like this you play right into the hands of the corporations who keep spreading this kind of bullshit. They want you to think lawyers are evil because lawsuits are the only way to punish corporations.

McDonald's once fused a woman's genitals together with boiling liquid that they intentionally served too hot, and they had been repeatedly warned was too hot, but I'm willing to bet that all you ever heard about it was that some dumb bitch got a million dollars for spilling coffee on herself.

Yep.

quote:

"This was meant to be a simple homeowners insurance case," she said. "Connecticut law is such that I was advised by counsel that this is the way a suit is meant to be worded."

Connell said that an individual, not an insurance company, had to be named as a defendant.

"I adore this child. I would never want to hurt him. He would never want to hurt me," she told CNN.

The boy refers to Connell as his aunt, although she said he is the son of her cousin. The family remains close. Just a few weeks ago, Connell said, she took the boy out shopping for his Halloween costume.

"It's amazing the power that the Internet has that something can go viral, completely out of context," she said. "I'm certainly not trying to retire to some villa in the south of France. I'm simply trying to pay off my medical bills."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/13/us/aunt-nephew-lawsuit/index.html

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Say "tort reform" in casual company and I guarantee within thirty seconds someone will have mentioned McDonald's and coffee.

And that person will know nothing of the details of the case.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Thank you for the update on that. gently caress, tort reform is such bullshit. "Hot Coffee" should be required viewing in this day and age.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Data Graham posted:

Say "tort reform" in casual company and I guarantee within thirty seconds someone will have mentioned McDonald's and coffee.

And that person will know nothing of the details of the case.

I've explained the case to several people, even provided them evidence of what had happened only to be responded to with "Well the dumb bitch shouldn't have ordered hot coffee then!" Never underestimate the willful stupidity of people.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I've explained the case to several people, even provided them evidence of what had happened only to be responded to with "Well the dumb bitch shouldn't have ordered hot coffee then!" Never underestimate the willful stupidity of people.
She would have been fine if she didn't spill it on herself like an idiot! Is it McDonald's fault she's clumsy?!

That case drives me nuts. It's incredible how often you still hear it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'll never understand why restaurants/coffee places/whatever serve warm drinks so hot that if you immediately take a sip you'll probably cause blisters in your mouth (and why so many people demand those temperatures). Is it really hard to have like simple 100F liquid, which is still quite warm and comforting? I mean, I'd understand if it took less than like, 10 minutes to cool down to non-dangerous heat levels why they serve it so warm, but it's ridiculous.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

RandomFerret posted:

Still doesn't make it any less of a dick move to sue someone for (a) being a kid and (b) causing an accident. That she didn't say anything about it and waited until after the kid's mom died makes her an even bigger piece of poo poo, she easily could have said something sooner.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ivor Biggun posted:

As far as I can tell it was an attempt to get the family's insurance to cough up for medical treatment.

Well, I live in a first world country with universal healthcare :shrug:

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

Choco1980 posted:

I'll never understand why restaurants/coffee places/whatever serve warm drinks so hot that if you immediately take a sip you'll probably cause blisters in your mouth (and why so many people demand those temperatures). Is it really hard to have like simple 100F liquid, which is still quite warm and comforting? I mean, I'd understand if it took less than like, 10 minutes to cool down to non-dangerous heat levels why they serve it so warm, but it's ridiculous.

Yeah! What this guy said! Waiting 60 seconds for my beverage to cool down is unacceptable!

What do we want? Cooler hot beverages now!

When do we want it? 60 seconds ago!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Choco1980 posted:

100F liquid would be barely tepid, to be fair and would be a great breeding ground for bacteria to grow. I think guidelines say it should be around 180F, which if poured on bare skin is a decent 1st degree burn. Part of the issue with the McDonald's case was that the coffee spilled on clothing which held the overheated liquid close to the skin and didn't allow it to cool off.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shalkore posted:

Yeah! What this guy said! Waiting 60 seconds for my beverage to cool down is unacceptable!

What do we want? Cooler hot beverages now!

When do we want it? 60 seconds ago!

Properly made coffee should cause full thickness burns just from touching the cup it's in, imo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Eponine posted:

100F liquid would be barely tepid, to be fair and would be a great breeding ground for bacteria to grow. I think guidelines say it should be around 180F, which if poured on bare skin is a decent 1st degree burn. Part of the issue with the McDonald's case was that the coffee spilled on clothing which held the overheated liquid close to the skin and didn't allow it to cool off.

Okay, I know little about how liquid temperature should feel in my mouth, and totally was way off on my spitball estimate. But still, giving drinks heated to first degree burn level just feels absurd and trouble. And yes, the way I understand it the McDonald's case served coffee quite a bit hotter than THAT even as well as the contact problem you state. Maybe I am just a whiny baby, but it seems counter-intuitive to serve a product that many people use the drive-thru for due to being in a hurry to consume it while they drive, and have it be something you have to wait like 10-15 minutes to actually drink if you don't want to hurt yourself and/or wreck your car because you're too distracted by how drat hot your drink is. [/pussy soapbox]

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Ozz81 posted:

Still doesn't make it any less of a dick move to sue someone for (a) being a kid and (b) causing an accident. That she didn't say anything about it and waited until after the kid's mom died makes her an even bigger piece of poo poo, she easily could have said something sooner.

Maybe mom was dying from cancer over the past few years.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
The issue, if I remember what I read correctly, was that people complained that the coffee they got at the drive thru wasn't hot enough by the time they drove to work, so the managers/owners started to heat the coffee beyond guidelines to make the people who complained happy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eponine posted:

The issue, if I remember what I read correctly, was that people complained that the coffee they got at the drive thru wasn't hot enough by the time they drove to work, so the managers/owners started to heat the coffee beyond guidelines to make the people who complained happy.

Yeah, you beat me to it. They were serving coffee to people getting on a crowded freeway who had an hour of crawling through traffic in which to make their coffee last, and they had probably been asking for it to be made hotter and hotter over the preceding years.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Eponine posted:

I have to say that I'm in the "Coffee's served too drat hot" group. I normally take coffee black but, if I get it from Starbucks, it's still too hot to drink 1/2 an hour later. I have to put cream in it to make it drinkable on my drive.
150deg is fine. I don't need 190.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Same with soup. I'm regularly served soup that pulls layers of skin off the inside of my mouth. In sit-down restaurants. Where am I going to go?

(The hospital apparently??)

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Well, I live in a first world country with universal healthcare :shrug:

Me too. Feels good bro. :cool::hf::cool:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

mostlygray posted:

I have to say that I'm in the "Coffee's served too drat hot" group. I normally take coffee black but, if I get it from Starbucks, it's still too hot to drink 1/2 an hour later. I have to put cream in it to make it drinkable on my drive.
150deg is fine. I don't need 190.

Ask a friend to teach you how to sip. You aren't supposed to just pour it into your mouth.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just ask Starbucks to steam the milk to 135F so I can proceed to instantly drink it and throw away by the time I'm off the train. :3:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Americano with not-hot-water. It will short circuit your barista's brain, but it won't burn your mouth v:shobon:v

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah, in a regular non-lovely country she would have, oh I don't know, gone to the doctor for the accident and then went home. Jesus Christ the US is hosed.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Here is my opinion about coffee that everyone totally cares about

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX80M3e4zuU
Solid gold at 2:55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ozz81 posted:

Oh man I'm going to sue you after cutting myself on that post of yours :allears:

• Locked thread